Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Before And After Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Before And After Marriage (3782 Views)

Why Do Things Change After Marriage? / Woman Gives Birth To Twins 18 Years After Marriage. Photos / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before And After Marriage by justwise(m): 2:53pm On May 06, 2015
The irony of life grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before And After Marriage by Tallesty1(m): 2:55pm On May 06, 2015
My popsy own no be like this.

Dia own sweet die and my own go sweet pass am.

So Help Me God.

11 Likes

Re: Before And After Marriage by delishpot: 3:06pm On May 06, 2015
Tallesty1:
My popsy own no be like this.

Dia own sweet die and my own go sweet pass am.

So Help Me God.

Amen!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before And After Marriage by mekonglobal(m): 3:25pm On May 06, 2015
We may take dis as a joke, but dats d tru reality of many homes now, once in, d love and care fades...

3 Likes

Re: Before And After Marriage by justwise(m): 3:30pm On May 06, 2015
mekonglobal:
We may take dis as a joke, but dats d tru reality of many homes now, once in, d love and care fades...

That is the bitter truth

2 Likes

Re: Before And After Marriage by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 06, 2015
Okay

1 Like

Re: Before And After Marriage by hahn(m): 3:41pm On May 06, 2015
My marriage isn't like this. Things like this only happen to people who get married for the wrong reasons

3 Likes

Re: Before And After Marriage by KanwuliaJara: 4:30pm On May 06, 2015
NICE!
Saving my copY! grin
Re: Before And After Marriage by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 06, 2015

1 Like

Re: Before And After Marriage by daveyjay(m): 11:21pm On May 06, 2015
justwise:
The irony of life grin

Sad reality
Re: Before And After Marriage by justwise(m): 10:00am On May 07, 2015
hahn:
My marriage isn't like this
. Things like this only happen to people who get married for the wrong reasons

Good to know, i guess nobody wants to jump in and out of marriage.
Re: Before And After Marriage by justwise(m): 10:03am On May 07, 2015
daveyjay:

Sad reality

Like somebody pointed out before...many marriages are like this... divorce is not an option for some people because of kids or pressure from family friends or pastor..
Re: Before And After Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:26am On May 07, 2015
Depends on the foundation and the intention of both parties.
Re: Before And After Marriage by kukuruku156(f): 10:49am On May 07, 2015
hahn:
My marriage isn't like this. Things like this only happen to people who get married for the wrong reasons

My dear brother I am happy for your marriage and you are correct. But things like this also happen to people who marry for all the right reasons.
I've had people tell me they married the love of their lives but still cheated on them. Marriage is hardwork. The way you study hard for an exam, or put a lot of effort into doing well in any endeavor is the way a lot of effort goes into making marriage work. But more and more these days we find that many are not prepared to do the work.
Re: Before And After Marriage by hahn(m): 11:30am On May 07, 2015
kukuruku156:

My dear brother I am happy for your marriage and you are correct. But things like this also happen to people who marry for all the right reasons.
I've had people tell me they married the love of their lives but still cheated on them. Marriage is hardwork. The way you study hard for an exam, or put a lot of effort into doing well in any endeavor is the way a lot of effort goes into making marriage work. But more and more these days we find that many are not prepared to do the work.

Na true talk o. Marriage IS hard work. Myself and my wife argue everyday but we always settle our differences immediately and move on. It takes a lot of understanding and patience.

Another I realised is that no matter how long you date, marriage tends to reveal your partner's weaknesses that you failed to realise during courtship. Also the transformation from dating to becoming life partners has a certain effect on one's psycology.

What I meant by "the wrong reasons" are simple things like expecting your spouse to be perfect, not being able handle the responsibility of being aswerable to your spouse. Funny enough, most of the things I detested when I was living with my mom are the same things my wife does. Like the freedom to go out and come back at anytime I feel like. Now, I can't stay out long because I know she's at home and worried and atimes it gets at you, especially when she complains and you start feeling like, "I'm a grown man".

But those are the things that actually make a marriage beautiful. And it takes a mature mind to understand it. In marriage new challenges come up everyday. One party should be able to exercise patience when the other partner isn't

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before And After Marriage by kukuruku156(f): 12:12pm On May 07, 2015
@ hahn, very well put. I couldn't agree more.

I belong to the earlier Mills and Boon's girls readers club. You read about the beautiful girl who met her tall, dark and handsome Prince Charming and after they had an argument, they would make up with the guy sending her roses and so on.

Reality set in when I felt I was right and expected my husband to at least apologize. For where!! I wait tire. I have had to unlearn and break free of so many preconceived (unrealistic) notions. As per my hubby he grew up with a family of boys and the way they grew up and rationalized things were different...

It's all good.
Re: Before And After Marriage by hahn(m): 12:59pm On May 07, 2015
kukuruku156:

I belong to the earlier Mills and Boon's girls readers club. You read about the beautiful girl who met her tall, dark and handsome Prince Charming and after they had an argument, they would make up with the guy sending her roses and so on.

Reality set in when I felt I was right and expected my husband to at least apologize. For where!! I wait tire. I have had to unlearn and break free of so many preconceived (unrealistic) notions. As per my hubby he grew up with a family of boys and the way they grew up and rationalized things were different...

It's all good.

Tell me about it. My wife grew up among 8 boys, wrestling and all other boys stuff so you can imagine how hard it is having to become subjective to a man when she's used to beating them up. Lol

Couples also tend to expect their spouses to think like them instead of understanding and appreciating the differences each spouse comes naturally with

1 Like

Re: Before And After Marriage by Portblueng: 7:55pm On May 09, 2015
justwise:

That is the bitter truth

I sent you an email sir
Re: Before And After Marriage by justwise(m): 8:29pm On May 09, 2015
Portblueng:

I sent you an email sir

Will check it.
Re: Before And After Marriage by subzidi: 12:39am On May 10, 2015
May God heal all marriages that are strained and give people the virtue to discover what marriage truly is in the eyes of God!
I can boldly say my marriage is heaven on earth not because we re perfect but because we look beyond our imperfections and focus on what counts!
We re not ashamed to make mistakes and say I'm sorry! We re not afraid to share our vulnerability! We re not proud to leverage each persons strength! Our family slogan...one team+one mission. He understands when I'm not in the mood to make love, I sacrifice when he pokes me atimes in the middle of the night to get it! The day I don't have energy to cook he doesn't mind drinking garri happily to go to bed! He annoys me sometimes and I drive him nuts too lol mostly intentional in a playful way. Life shouldn't be hard, should rather be sweeter in marriage. We play hard too sometimes like tenagers! Hubby plays ten+ten, sandalily etc etc with me YES! I treat him like myking and he treats me like his Queen! I want to encourage any young girl reading this thread not to be discouraged by the many scary stories on this forum regarding marriage! Ask God to give you wisdom to know the right intrinsic qualities to look for and the ability to decipher when you meet the one! God bless our homes.
BTW I slept 2 hours in the afternoon and can't get immediate sleep just admiring hubby's sleepy innocent face and wanna kiss him right now lol he will wake up and might lead to something I no get power for hahahaha

3 Likes

Re: Before And After Marriage by Nobody: 2:27am On May 10, 2015
kukuruku156:

It's all good.

cry, I know, mills and boons should be banned. If I ever catch ,my daughters reading one, I'll burn it while she watches. It just gives you such expectations, knight in shining armour my foot angry
Re: Before And After Marriage by Nobody: 6:17am On May 21, 2015
Thats life.
Re: Before And After Marriage by Nobody: 10:12am On May 21, 2015
justwise:
The irony of life grin

justwise ive been banned from your section, please kindly help. Thanks
Re: Before And After Marriage by justwise(m): 10:14am On May 21, 2015
Sile12:

justwise ive been banned from your section, please kindly help. Thanks

Unbanned.
Re: Before And After Marriage by Nobody: 10:30am On May 21, 2015
justwise:

Unbanned.

Thanks.
Re: Before And After Marriage by SAMBARRY: 10:41am On May 21, 2015
I've seen this before

(1) (Reply)

Wicked Wife stabbz husband (instestine) [pic] / Hilarious Photos:3 Grown-up Brothers Recreate Their Childhood Photos. / 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.