Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Life In Lagos: Isn't It Crazy? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In Lagos: Isn't It Crazy? (1298 Views)

Life In The Usa As A Student. / How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? / Travel Insurance Is Vital, Isn't It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life In Lagos: Isn't It Crazy? by walaty(m): 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2006
hmmm,  eko ile  wink . the city of lagos had always fascinated  shocked me since i was young. the rush, the chaos, everything about the city. many things that i thought of, that would amaze alot of people. i grew up in the country side and was used to restfulness, peace, open spaces and roaming animals  grin . in lagos, that 1 na mirage. 1st thng that amazed me in lagos was the size of the rats. in my village these are bush rats. even cats scarce, because the rats fit challenge them in strength and in size. next thing were the mosquitos. have you noticed that after you flit, the squitos come back. that is because they are smart and they adapt. ask me and i'll tell you how. next were the humans in lagos, the super humans. you have to be a super human to live and survive in lagos. its only in lagos i know that if you are dying and a million people passed you by, hardly would 1 person look at you. aint that crazy. the idiom, be your brothers keeper, hardly works in lagos. in lagos, its either you are scared of people or people are scared of you. i could tell you lots of crazy things about this city, but i wana hear your views. lets have them people. thanks
Re: Life In Lagos: Isn't It Crazy? by Coco29(f): 1:14pm On Sep 11, 2006
when u rewrite that in english i could understand i will comment.
Re: Life In Lagos: Isn't It Crazy? by iice(f): 1:20pm On Sep 11, 2006
lol Yeah i love Lag coz its a crazy place, i grew up in a relatively laid back town so when i first went there on vacation i was loving the crazy place grin grin
Re: Life In Lagos: Isn't It Crazy? by walaty(m): 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2006
ok coco29, lets try english.   hmmm,  eko ile (the city of lagos). the city of lagos had always fascinated me since i was young. the rush, the hustle, the bustle, the chaos, everything about the city. many things that i thought of, that would amaze a lot of people. i grew up in the country side and was used to restfulness, peace, open spaces and roaming animals   . in lagos, that 1 na mirage. 1st thing that amazed me in lag was the size of the rats. in my village these are bush rats. even cats scarce, because the rats fit challenge them in strength and in size. next thing were the mosquitos. have you noticed that after you flit (spray), the mosquitos come back. that is because they are smart and they adapt. ask me and i'll tell you how. next were the humans in lagos, the super humans. you have to be a super human to live and survive in lagos. its only in lagos i know if you dying and a million people passd you by, hardly would 1 person look at you. aint that crazy? the idiom, be your brothers keeper, hardly works in lagos. in lagos, its either you are scared of people or people are scared of you. i could tell you lots of crazy things about this city, but i wana hear your views. lets have them people. hope thats english enough coco29. thanks
Re: Life In Lagos: Isn't It Crazy? by Coco29(f): 2:07pm On Sep 11, 2006
ok, as i am not nija i do not identify with that but it was well funny.
Re: Life In Lagos: Isn't It Crazy? by ikamefa(f): 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2006
yes oh EKO ILE ! EKO FOR SHOW ! the only thing i miss about lagos is ma molue rides or rushing to get on a moving
danfo bus or molue !, i also miss the local vendours selling unprescribed medicine on this buses, medicine that can cure up to like 20 ailments , u name it ,it can cure it

@ topic like u mentioned the mosquitoes that have a phd degree in suckology, they never die cheesy

least i forget the flooding of streets and houses when ever it rains heavily ! grin

Re: Life In Lagos: Isn't It Crazy? by walaty(m): 3:02pm On Sep 13, 2006
sup ikamefa? you are so right o jare. you want to know another crazy thing. have you noticed that people in lagos are so used to rushing, that if there were five people at the bus stop and an empty bus comes, they would still rush. grin
Re: Life In Lagos: Isn't It Crazy? by LoverBwoy(m): 6:50pm On Sep 13, 2006
Lol
Re: Life In Lagos: Isn't It Crazy? by dblock(m): 12:58am On Sep 28, 2006
[size=26pt]Chaos for Lagos[/size]

(1) (Reply)

You Must Go To Newfoundlands! / Most Peaceful Countries In The World / To Study In Europe Or No.. Need An Urgent Answer!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.