Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,829 members, 7,802,653 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Gov Okorocha Is Not Owing Imo Workers (press Release) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Okorocha Is Not Owing Imo Workers (press Release) (1071 Views)

FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). / Okorocha Is Back: "I Went To The Land Of The Dead, Ancestors Turned Me Back" / Rochas Okorocha Is Back From India (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Okorocha Is Not Owing Imo Workers (press Release) by ujoatu(m): 10:51pm On May 06, 2015
GOVERNMENT OF IMO STATE
PRESS RELEASE

RE: OKOROCHA PROMISES TO PAY 13 MONTHS SALARY ARREARS OWED TO PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHERS

The Imo State government has read a report with the above caption in the media including the social media, stating that the State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha has promised to pay the 13 months salary arrears owed to the primary school teachers in the state.

Those behind the false report, in their effort to make it look real had also claimed that the Governor made the pledge while addressing the workers in the State during the Workers Day celebration.

It is interesting to note that both the report published in the newspapers and the one in the social media, none has by-line. In other words, the report was fictitious.

The truth of the matter is that the Imo State Government is not owing the primary school teachers 13 months arrears of salary; and we stand to be contradicted. The primary school teachers in the state have always received their salary as at when due.

The false report was authored by the Imo PDP and they did it as part of their anger after the party’s abysmal outing in the just concluded governorship election. They have not yet realized that part of their problem was hate campaign and falsehood which they called propaganda.

They have been boasting of bouncing back, and they cannot bounce back by trading on lies and being economical with the truth. They must toe the part of honour to bounce back. Imo people and Nigerians should disregard the report. It is not true.

Sam Onwuemeodo
Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media

1 Like

Re: Gov Okorocha Is Not Owing Imo Workers (press Release) by nzeobi(m): 10:59pm On May 06, 2015
Mallam rochas you talk too much . Is like you talk before you think. Please settle down in IMO and do your work and leave the press
Re: Gov Okorocha Is Not Owing Imo Workers (press Release) by gudluckgreat(m): 11:00pm On May 06, 2015
nzeobi:
Mallam rochas you talk too much . Is like you talk before you think.
Please settle down in IMO and do your work and leave the press
Oga he has to. The propaganda is just to much here in my state

2 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Is Not Owing Imo Workers (press Release) by eaglechild: 11:02pm On May 06, 2015
Source undecided
Re: Gov Okorocha Is Not Owing Imo Workers (press Release) by realjoker(m): 11:27pm On May 06, 2015
seconded. Source
Re: Gov Okorocha Is Not Owing Imo Workers (press Release) by apeoyemojo: 11:47pm On May 06, 2015
But I listened to him on Channels TV last night,where he admitted owing workers!
Re: Gov Okorocha Is Not Owing Imo Workers (press Release) by Nobody: 4:27am On May 07, 2015
apeoyemojo:
But I listened to him on Channels TV last night,where he admitted owing workers!
don't mind the liars...I know people that have not been payed since this year....both workers and pensioners...
Re: Gov Okorocha Is Not Owing Imo Workers (press Release) by okeyfrank: 1:54pm On May 08, 2015
My eldest brother is a Pensioner at IBC Owerri. He is yet to receive a dime since Okorocha came on board. Yet the Gov boasts of paying all pensioners. There is God ooooh.
Re: Gov Okorocha Is Not Owing Imo Workers (press Release) by chukel(m): 3:06pm On May 08, 2015
okeyfrank:
My eldest brother is a Pensioner at IBC Owerri. He is yet to receive a dime since Okorocha came on board. Yet the Gov boasts of paying all pensioners. There is God ooooh.
wat do u derive from telling lies. If I can't praise rochas for anything, I will praise him for payment of salaries and pension. My mother is a beneficiary. Granted, he hasn't paid some gratuities, buy I heard he is doing dat phase by phase. Rochas may not have performed up to expectation, but there are a lot to praise him for.
Re: Gov Okorocha Is Not Owing Imo Workers (press Release) by baralatie(m): 3:30pm On May 08, 2015
buhari! go run for you with this your press release! GMB go shout! kai in Hausa languag
Re: Gov Okorocha Is Not Owing Imo Workers (press Release) by benpuzzy(m): 3:53pm On May 08, 2015
I decided to be watching the fake news from 8D, it is very interesting that people outside Imo State are those telling the society of what is happening in the State. The truth about the matter is apart from the beneficiaries of "Imo Youth Must Work" scheme and some pensioners, Rochas is not owing any other person i dime. My mother in-law is a primary school teacher, my wife is a Civil servant non of them has complained of any unpaid salary, only my kid sister who is part of the "youth must work" scheme, thank God she has collected a confirmation of appointment letter.
Re: Gov Okorocha Is Not Owing Imo Workers (press Release) by san316(m): 5:13pm On May 08, 2015
News keep flying around. We keep catching them. La wa ooo.

(1) (Reply)

. / Unpaid Stipends: SURE-P Beneficiaries Threaten To Disrupt Buhari’s inauguration / Know Your New State Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.