Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture (97228 Views)

Nigerian Drug Pusher Battles 11 Indian Policemen While Resisting Arrest (photo) / The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher(pics) / Truck Kills Wheel Barrow Pusher In Gombe State (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by sonofjos(m): 8:22am On May 08, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Shut it, shut it please zip it up. Don't make excuses for rubbish!
A careful look @ my post, you will see that I made mention of "deeply regretting their actions " that means we condemn in strong terms their actions. Thanks
Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by JoeCutie(m): 8:24am On May 08, 2015
Asian countries! They take no sheeet from anybody. They make laws and enforce them to the letter.

• In China, if you're guilty of embezzlement, no matter how little the amount, you'd be served with the same fate meted out to St. Steven.

• In Dubai, UAE, even alcoholism lands you in a big trouble, to say the least.

• In Singapore, they once hanged their ex President for pushing drugs. Etc

Result: No wonder their economies are threatening that of the rest of the world now.

What a Continent!

• In Nigeria, you'd embezzle the sum of five hundred billion naira (500,000,000,000), EFCC will come after you, and after some Nollywood sponsored drama in conjunction with Wale Adenuga Production (WAP), you'd be arraigned before one hunger stricken Judge, you'll of course, be found guilty (na by that one? undecided ), you'd then be asked to pay a fine of five million naira (5,000,000), you'll pay and what happens next? You're a FREE man.

What a country! cry

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by obinto: 8:25am On May 08, 2015
omonnakoda:

In one word yes

1)message is irrelevant. If you take 5 brothers and tell them their beloved father died and take photographs and then show them to experts to tell you which one has just been bereaved they will not be more accurate than tossing a coin
2) Whether there is a change in demeanour is affected by so many variables as to make it useless and even if their is a change the human capacity to detect it is not reliable or consistent. . 3) Among the Officials Interrater interpretation of demeanour will not be consistent. ie two officials who receive the same training will NOT interpret demeanour the same
Some non drug carriers may even act MORE suspiciously on seeing the message
There is no meaningful or scientific way of interpreting human demeanour or using it as predictive of anything . Anyone who can do tht would be the richest person alive

A simple experiment would be to search every 10th passenger randomly and compare that with those pulled over by trained officials and compare which scores the greatest hits
I am not sure what experimental model your so called experiment is based on, but u will have a hard time convincing me about this. I am well versed in experiments and right off the park, your experimental design regarding the 5 brothers is deeply flawed. Where is your control? U should be comparing the pictures of those 5 brothers with another set of brothers who received no such terrible news. If u think passengers are picked randomly for drug searches without regard to their demeanor or comportment, then believe it for I have no interest in convincing u otherwise. However, I doubt u have a lot of willing believers
Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by didfy: 8:27am On May 08, 2015
MRBrownJ:
sadly, a person who has traveled across the world with drugs in their stomach or belongings, will only see this banners when they ARRIVE in Indonesia/Malaysia and therefore it is unfortunately too late to back track. people dont normally carry drug from Indonesia/Malaysia out to the world, but from the world to Indonesia/Malaysia

Is on your traveling documents before you board a flight

1 Like

Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by sonofjos(m): 8:32am On May 08, 2015
doctokwus:
This your post doesn't sound right.
One thing you should note is this:some of the people that traffic d drugs only get to see this signs you want to gloat over when they arrive in Indonesia, by which time it would be too late.
Another wrong assumption and an annoying one you make for that matter,is that all of d convicts knowing trafficked in drugs.Few of these Nigerians may have been hoodwinked into trafficking in these drugs or may not have even known @all that they were even couriers for drugs till it became too late.
No one should come here passing judgement on issues as sensitive as d loss of another's life.
Besides,death penalty,for me though, for a drug trafficking offence,is way too extreme a punishment,long years of imprisonment should suffice.

I've taken note of your observations and I promise to be more sensitive next time. But some people have confirmed here that these warnings are placed even on the passport. Which means you are warned before departure, Yet there are MANY who are not "hoodwinked" , who have have succesfully pushed before and now feel invincicible.
But again, i acknowledge that there are innocent ones, and i apologise for not making that clear.
Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by Nobody: 8:36am On May 08, 2015
@Joecutie........when I grow up, I will start sharing like you.
Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by JoeCutie(m): 8:39am On May 08, 2015
Herzumpther:
@Joecutie........when I grow up, I will start sharing like you.
So what are you implying?

2 Likes

Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by Emilord(m): 8:42am On May 08, 2015
Nonsense!!! Well,am already on my way to Indonesia with 29kg of Heroine. Abeg,if dey catch me make una plead for me ooo.
Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by Onozboy(m): 8:44am On May 08, 2015
Equalizer:
What about the deaf and dumb people
what is this one saying.....

1 Like

Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by Nobody: 8:44am On May 08, 2015
JoeCutie:
So what are you implying?
Nothing. Any problem?
Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by JoeCutie(m): 8:46am On May 08, 2015
Herzumpther:
Nothing. Any problem?
Problem? Not that I know of. I want you to clarify what you meant, I still haven't understood it.

2 Likes

Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by Nobody: 8:48am On May 08, 2015
JoeCutie:
Problem? Not that I know of. I want you to clarify what you meant, I still haven't understood it.
Like I said its nothing.
Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by UnimkeAk(m): 8:54am On May 08, 2015
isalegan2:

grin The kind of juju you will carry for body will smell so bad paapa, the border custom officials would even refuse to search you and instead throw you outta the airport Sharp Sharp! cheesy

Juju dey smell ?
Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by JoeCutie(m): 8:55am On May 08, 2015
Herzumpther:
Like I said its nothing.
You said something to me and the next minute it's nothing? Okay
Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by Nobody: 8:56am On May 08, 2015
JoeCutie:
You said something to me and the next minute it's nothing? Okay
Hian.
Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by DonaldGenes(m): 8:59am On May 08, 2015
redvektor:
I swear Dis must make front page

I NO TALK AM i say dis thread must hit front

Lol
Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by stayblack: 9:05am On May 08, 2015
NA ONLY IGBO, DEY TAKE CLUELESS RISK LIKE GEJ.... cheesy cheesy cheesy E DEY grin their blood GREED cheesy grin
Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by alreadyknowsam: 9:11am On May 08, 2015
Godliness and contentment is a great gain.

1 Like

Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by Nobody: 9:16am On May 08, 2015
MRBrownJ:
sadly, a person who has traveled across the world with drugs in their stomach or belongings, will only see this banners when they ARRIVE in Indonesia/Malaysia and therefore it is unfortunately too late to back track. people dont normally carry drug from Indonesia/Malaysia out to the world, but from the world to Indonesia/Malaysia
Lie Lie.
It's written on their passports.

1 Like

Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by Nobody: 9:19am On May 08, 2015
haibe:
Am sure this warning wasn't there in 2000 or year 1999 when some of those people were caught and now they are killed in 2015 cry
The visas nko?
Mr Gamer grin

2 Likes

Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by onatisi(m): 9:21am On May 08, 2015
isalegan2:

What if it's your first time on a plane, and the drug baron didn't hand you your passport until you're checking in at Naija airport, and he warns you "you've got 1mil naira worth of the good shi!t in ur stomach and it's not coming out until you meet my guy in Indonesia or your mama will pay me 2million in cash or blood"? undecided
this is almost exactly the case of the 63yrs old british grandmother lindsay sandiford who is due to be executed in indonesia shortly. Her children were kidnapped and would be killed if she didn't take the drug to indonesia . She had no choice and when caught ,she cooperated fully with the indonesia police and they got the drug barons arrested only for the police to release the barons and the court sentence her to death.
Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by Calculus007: 9:21am On May 08, 2015
Nawa oooo
Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by omonnakoda: 9:28am On May 08, 2015
obinto:

I am not sure what experimental model your so called experiment is based on, but u will have a hard time convincing me about this. I am well versed in experiments and right off the park, your experimental design regarding the 5 brothers is deeply flawed. Where is your control? U should be comparing the pictures of those 5 brothers with another set of brothers who received no such terrible news. If u think passengers are picked randomly for drug searches without regard to their demeanor or comportment, then believe it for I have no interest in convincing u otherwise. However, I doubt u have a lot of willing believers

create a thread if you wish to discuss experiments do not derail the thread. I would very gladly join. What is being tested is not the brothers but the raters so much for your knowledge of experiment design !!.
The experiment is to test a tool eg two thermometers and we take five eggs and boil them for 20 minutes at 100 degrees and then check what the two thermometers tell us. According to your design we need another set of eggs that are not boiled? very funny .
There is no need for another set of 5

the bottomline is that there is no known technique to man of reliably interpreting human demeanour in a predictable and consistent way across different observers.
The fact that a person's demeanour changes when they pass the sign may not have anything to do with the sign. They may not even see it and if their demeanour does change the observer may not spot it.
Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by limamintruth: 9:32am On May 08, 2015
sonofjos:
For our brothers on dead row there, if guilty, we deeply regret their actions, but they are still our brothers. they are not heavy. besides, God knows before Him, i deserve worse than death. who am i to condemn

Whatcha saying bro
Are you then suggesting that convicted criminals should all be let go unpunished simply cos 'we all are sinners'? undecided
Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by doctokwus: 9:53am On May 08, 2015
sonofjos:

I've taken note of your observations and I promise to be more sensitive next time. But some people have confirmed here that these warnings are placed even on the passport. Which means you are warned before departure, Yet there are MANY who are not "hoodwinked" , who have have succesfully pushed before and now feel invincicible.
But again, i acknowledge that there are innocent ones, and i apologise for not making that clear.
I have also noted d pre travel warnings.
Those that willingly trafficked in drugs have themselves to blame, but death should not be d remedy.
Ask yourself,if death penalty was that effective and all caught knowingly trafficked in drugs,why are there still so many people from Nigeria in Indonesia awaiting execution.
Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by SMGS(m): 9:54am On May 08, 2015
The same thing smokers see on that pack of cigarette and still smoke it - I AM THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA
Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by samplegirl(f): 10:03am On May 08, 2015
MRBrownJ:

I believe that if one enters there and sees warnings, he can quickly run to a police officer and report himself, assuming he never knew the consequences before. But the ugly truth is that they all knew before boarding the plane. They rely on their connections and baba lawo assurance.

But GREED is the name and death is the penalty.
Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by doctokwus: 10:41am On May 08, 2015
olayoungz:

You are right in the second and third point, but in the first, I strongly disagree. Most of these drug pushers are issued a visa before departing for Indonesia and on that visa, the warning is there....
Seen and noted.
Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by Endysofine: 11:07am On May 08, 2015
Chai. And people still de risk their lives

1 Like

Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by BOWOTO(m): 11:11am On May 08, 2015
ignis:

Speak for yourself please.
My sister majority of Nigerians are greedy,starting from our governement, and its affecting all of us.

1 Like

Re: See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic (picture by akigbemaru: 11:15am On May 08, 2015
See What Every Drug Pusher Sees At Indonisian Airports Yet They Traffic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gildas Tohouo's Wife Stabbed To Death In Her Ikoyi Lagos Home / Abiola Ayorinde Kayode Is On FBI Most Wanted List / Man Caught Sleeping With His Sister In Benue (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.