Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,986 members, 7,799,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story (29359 Views)

Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word / Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card / Remi Tinubu ‘Takes Over’ Ekweremadu’s Seat - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by aresa: 5:28am On May 07, 2015
Sadly, ibo people are super sensitive, extremely sentimental and overreact to anything so people exploit these traits and manipulate them to get them going uncontrollably..

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by Ishilove: 5:29am On May 07, 2015
slimmy05:
I go tear your jeans.
Swerve -------------------------->>>>>>>>>>
Keep swerving
Don't stop swerving

3 Likes

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by slap1(m): 5:30am On May 07, 2015
Simon Kolawole should have known better.
Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by Ilekeh(f): 5:32am On May 07, 2015
#truckpusher

You dey craze? The thing why I smoke, Fayose no fit catch am.

1 Like

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by Dare24(m): 5:32am On May 07, 2015
naptu2:

http://www.thecable.ng/thecable-apologises-soyinka-igbo-story
we Nigeria always like to judge before investigation . One love to my boss Prof Soyinka
Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by philips70(m): 5:33am On May 07, 2015
raumdeuter:
Now would all the insults sent in Soyinkas way from the children of anger be retracted ?

Most of them are actually jealous of the Nobel prize which none of their generation can never achieve

Ebele Azikiwe II is on the verge of getting one by losing a football match and conceding defeat just like Guardiola did Enrique yesterday!

4 Likes

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by Adesiji77: 5:33am On May 07, 2015
stevebond007:
I knew a professor of such repute wouldnot make such an inciteful statement. Believe me the media is powerful.
#bad ethics, that was how the media propagated the rwandan genocide.

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by Ilekeh(f): 5:34am On May 07, 2015
Ishilove:

Swerve -------------------------->>>>>>>>>>
Keep swerving
Don't stop swerving

Woman, stop hiding my post.
Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by 2n2k(m): 5:41am On May 07, 2015
It is funny how present generation of Nigerians (who do not even know for certain what are exactly Nigerian's contributions to anti-apartheid struggle) is always quick to remind South Africans of the need to remaining perpetually grateful anytime SAs 'transgress' against what is perceived to be Nigerian interest.

Soyinka went to prison for 2 years (including solitary confinement of 4 months) for fighting the cause of Biafra within Nigeria territory (a very suicidal venture). No other 'outsider' is recorded to suffer such for Igbo cause.

He was reported to have made unsavory remark against Igbo, but Igbos are not even ready to give him benefit of the doubt since the alleged remark was not directly heard from him on tape.

It is human nature to forget favour done to one but to remember for life, any transgression. Nigerians should understand south african's situation from this point of view. I am not referring to the afrophobic attacks here, but other anti-Nigeria stance by the SA.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by philips70(m): 5:44am On May 07, 2015
Prof Woke Soyinka will and can never be like FFK. He calculates every word that comes out of his cavity.

4 Likes

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by Fire15: 5:46am On May 07, 2015
naptu2:

http://www.thecable.ng/thecable-apologises-soyinka-igbo-story
The erudite Prof. has said it all, anybody that believes the story is a slowpoke. Apart stupidity, this cursed tribe are populated by SLOWPOKES. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by Ilekeh(f): 5:47am On May 07, 2015
2n2k:
It is funny how present generation of Nigerians (who do not even know for certain what are exactly Nigerian's contributions to anti-apartheid struggle) are always quick to remind South Africans of the need to remaining perpetually grateful anytime SAs 'transgress' against what is perceived to be Nigerian interest.

Soyinka went to prison for 2 years (including solitary confinement of 4 months) for fighting the cause of Biafra within Nigeria territory (a very suicidal venture). No other 'outsider' is recorded to suffer such for Igbo cause.

He was reported to have made unsavory remark against Igbo, but Igbos are not even ready to give him benefit of the doubt since the alleged remark was not directly heard from him on tape.

It is human nature to forget favour done to one but to remember for life, any transgression. Nigerians should understand south african's situation from this point of view. I am not referring to the afrophobic attacks here, but other anti-Nigeria stance by the SA.

What a waste of 2 years.

Chaiiiii

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by birdman(m): 5:49am On May 07, 2015
Phut:

The people to blame here are the journalist and maybe the person that posted the info on Nairaland. EOD

nice try. if we are laying blame, i am including all the people who cussed out Soyinka without hearing what he had to say first. There is a proverb in this event for people who are quick to throw stones at others, but I suspect the people who need to hear this proverb are deaf already, and will continue on the road to perdition.

7 Likes

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by Ilekeh(f): 5:52am On May 07, 2015
ichidodo:
There is no need taking anything back sparked off by sheer ineptitude, mischief and tribalistic leanings by your people at the Cable,if anything at all the Cable owes an apology to both parties slighted on the issue...not only Soyinka.We understand your pain..
Tis only a tree that refuses to run when it hears an axe coming for its bark-call it sensisitivity,extreme sentimentality and overreaction,if you like-...especially if that axe bearer is on a world of mischief and egged on by onlookers from the same tribe. Soyinka just got a taste of what it means to be at the end of an igbo barrage,no small reason why he had to come out in strong denial and the yoruba cable in belated and one-sided apology..

A taste? By ineptitude and jobless sycophants like yourself?

A barrage and what? A week later it dies down.

The more you do it, the less effect it has. You're just reaffirming to the world that you're chestbeaters.

Give it a month or two, something else will pop up.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by birdman(m): 5:53am On May 07, 2015
Ilekeh:

What a waste of 2 years.

Chaiiiii

lol! unfortunately true. you would think the most detribalized nigerian would have earned some stripes, but he has found out that good deeds are indeed written on water. Awo could have told him this though, if the man from Owu wasnt so stubborn

5 Likes

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by Ilekeh(f): 5:55am On May 07, 2015
birdman:

lol! unfortunately true. you would think the most detribalized nigerian would have earned some stripes, but he has found out that good deeds are indeed written on water. Awo could have told him this though, if the man from Owu wasnt so stubborn

I mean, it's so easy for these people to bite the hands that feed them. They were so elated to bash Yorubas that they forgot the past.

8 Likes

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by Nobody: 5:56am On May 07, 2015
Nairaland = rumour mill = PDP media house = dying forum

1 Like

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by ki02020(m): 5:58am On May 07, 2015
Somebody mentioned my stament on this topic .......and the reply was my brain is lost....only for me to discorver the comment has been removed minutes later....that fellow must be a coward o

1 Like

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by kinibigdeal(m): 5:58am On May 07, 2015
olu4life:
And people were in a hurry to insult Soyinka. Nawa for Naija peeps o. This mentality of 'bring him down' is annoying and distasteful. I kept mum over the matter cos I was doubting the story. Patience is important biko. Lets think properly before commenting, likewise confirming from a reliable source before pouring ur hatred

you mean Jonathan's Wife? grin

1 Like

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:01am On May 07, 2015
Some people, out of jealousy, or do I say hate, just derive joy in smearing this professor's image.

4 Likes

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by adezzy01(m): 6:03am On May 07, 2015
Ibo should try living above hatred & blind sentiment . People just want to use them as Nigerian political Pawns......they should be careful & av a common FOCUS.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by Ilekeh(f): 6:07am On May 07, 2015
ichidodo:
Your pitiable Attempts at playing down the guilt tripping from Soyinka and Cable on this gaffe is very laughable to say the least....Tis best you take your own point and stand aside for a month or two,let the igbos bask in the euphoria,gloat and preen our proud necks for the time being.

Playing down the guilt? Nigga, I'm Ilekeh and I endorse thecable's message, even though it didn't come from Soyinka.
Someone had to say the truth. You guys voted based on greed and that's why your elders are busy kissing BUHARI's Behind.

11 Likes

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by melele17: 6:10am On May 07, 2015
That is normAl thing they will say somthing wen they are got they will deny it. Igbos are king and they are the root of this country, Igbo forever

1 Like

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by Ilekeh(f): 6:11am On May 07, 2015
Forget about WS for a minute. Is the fake speech wrong?

3 Likes

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by XBLadez: 6:12am On May 07, 2015
Ilekeh:

Playing down the guilt? Nigga, I'm Ilekeh and I endorse thecable's message, even though it didn't come from Soyinka.
Someone had to say the truth. You guys voted based on greed and that's why your elders are busy kissing BUHARI's Behind.
And ur people voted out of what? Damn bastard!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed: How Much Nigerians Can Make From Whistle-blowing / Japan Donates 31 Ambulances To Nigerian Teaching Hospitals / Ganduje Appointed As East Carolina University, USA Visiting Professor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.