Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,563 members, 7,801,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story (29363 Views)

Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word / Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card / Remi Tinubu ‘Takes Over’ Ekweremadu’s Seat - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by wisdomguy4u(m): 11:21am On May 07, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
Now where will the slowpokes of nairaland who insulted the great prof hide their shame? O, I forgot, they've got no shame.

Adamu you too dey mumu

1 Like

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by xmich(m): 11:34am On May 07, 2015
raumdeuter:
Now would all the insults sent in Soyinkas way from the children of anger be retracted ?

Most of them are actually jealous of the Nobel prize which none of their generation can never achieve
Olodo who is soyinka to Achebe.

1 Like

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by Bollinger(m): 11:50am On May 07, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Don't blame Nairalanders , blame the cable news . Who wouldn't react if his tribe was insult like that , plus some silly nairaland yoruba bigots where supporting the insult to provoke the insulted tribe the more. If you are in their shoes , you will react the same way .

Nope, I won't.

1 Like

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by initiate: 12:04pm On May 07, 2015
mulattoclaro:
Media houses are part of the day to day problems in this country. Why quote someone inappropriately? What are they trying to achieve?

Since the cable was launched they have tried so hard to become relevant and have failed. I suspect this was done deliberately knowing all they needed to do would be to apologise later. For them no publicity is bad publicity

2 Likes

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 07, 2015
Where is that hate campaigner, babyosisi? She will chase shadows for so long.

1 Like

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by wisdomguy4u(m): 12:26pm On May 07, 2015
Bollinger:

Nope, I won't.

Then, do ur worst or go and die

1 Like

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by Remarkable: 12:28pm On May 07, 2015
adezzy01:
Ibo should try living above hatred & blind sentiment . People just want to use them as Nigerian political Pawns......they should be careful & av a common FOCUS.

If Igbos weren't focused, certain anti-Igbo actions of Fashola's govt., the lagoonish oba and the bigotry of cowardly jealous people on social media would have been over-looked by Igbos. The time to let such ish slide is no more.
Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 07, 2015
I know....Her numerous monickers starts from Ileke idi and to think the old fool is not married.she shameless opens her mouth to insult babyosisi who is happily married with kids.
Hear her bashing Nigerian men and saying how she can't stand them
Abeg who can stand such an uncouth woman...
London janitor worker...

shineeye:
That is it. But that woman is old enough to be your mother she is an unrepentant tribalist

3 Likes

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by Remarkable: 12:41pm On May 07, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:
Watch as the children of anger avoid this thread.

Permit me to say.

All the idiots that

1. Compared the noble laureate to achebe are basic morons.

2. The other group whose fathers can't lift soyinka shoes but called him names are grand morons.

Finally, this event has shown how easy it is to bring out the worse in Nigerians. All the ethic warriors I am ashamed to be called a Nigeria along you guys.

The question is, why are the Igbo people so sensitive. If people were less sensitive and waited to confirm the veracity of statement, they would have sooner than layer discovered it's a lie.

Really patience is a virtue.

GOD bless you more wole soyinka. You are indeed a special bread.

... special bread ko, special amala and ewedu ni... abegi somebody helep me upload picture...
Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by LAX89(m): 12:48pm On May 07, 2015
naptu2:

http://www.thecable.ng/thecable-apologises-soyinka-igbo-story

This apology is NOT sufficient! You must say how you got the 'fake story' you published, who edited it, who verified it and who authorized it to be published. What was the intent and why?
Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by Bollinger(m): 12:55pm On May 07, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Then, do ur worst or go and die

I really don't know where this general anger and aggressiveness comes from in Nigerians. The economic and social fortunes of the country must change, else, eloquent and normal people like the above poster will multiply. And you wonder why most label people from your part of the world as aggressive.
Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by mulattoclaro(m): 3:05pm On May 07, 2015
initiate:

Since the cable was launched they have tried so hard to become relevant and have failed. I suspect this was done deliberately knowing all they needed to do would be to apologise later. For them no publicity is bad publicity
exactly. I wonder what their aims were though.
Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by shineeye: 3:10pm On May 07, 2015
peppyluv02:
I know....Her numerous monickers starts from Ileke idi and to think the old fool is not married.she shameless opens her mouth to insult babyosisi who is happily married with kids.
Hear her bashing Nigerian men and saying how she can't stand them
Abeg who can stand such an uncouth woman...
London janitor worker...

She is an old miserable woman grin grin

1 Like

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by jjamani(m): 3:51pm On May 07, 2015
yes EUROBOMBER: Fellow Nigerians, I have taken time to study recent happenings in our nation before and after the elections and I have come to conclude that there is a grand plan to start some kind of war in Nigeria. Some people thought that the last presidential election was going to be the last straw to break the camel's back but are still in shock that the presidential election has been conducted and Nigeria is still at peace even with the incumbent losing the election. Discerning minds can see that a pattern has been set to overheat the system especially by generating so much hatred and tension between the Igbo and the Yoruba. The rate at which it is going it is looking like one week one trouble. The pattern is that there is usually a provocative comment (alleged or true) made by a prominent Yoruba and somehow this is fed to the public and when the get to know of such comments, they become overwhelmed with anger. Just check: Before all these started, recall that a Twitter account was identified where a young man was calling for the killing of all the Igbos. Now I believe that the picture shown on that twitter account might even be that of someone that died many years ago. That twitter account was most likely created by the wicked forces outside Nigeria that intend to spark of a bloody ethnic conflict in Nigeria. 1. The case of the Yoruba Oba of Lagos-HRH Oba Akiolu where the Igbos were threatened with death in the Lagos lagoon. 2. The case of the Yoruba cardiologist in the US where a call for genocide against the Igbo was seen on his facebook page. (He says his account was hacked) 3. Most recently the case of the Yoruba Nobel Laureate-Prof Wole Soyinka released by the Cables revealing some provocative comments about the Igbo. I want every intelligent mind to observe this, in the case of Dr Ariyo, he said his account was hacked and I am inclined to believe that this is true. The people behind this agenda to set Nigeria on fire are most likely the same people that used his facebook account to post such hate words against the Igbo. These are the same people that opened that twitter account I mentioned earlier where a call to kill all Igbos was made. Look at the case of Prof Wole Soyinka too, how can an organisation like the Cable release such hate speech and tagging it to this man if not that some powerful forces were behind such. It is this same group of people that want Nigerians to start killing one another that used the Cables site to release that speech. Wole Soyinka himself has denied ever making such comments. My Igbo and Yoruba brothers, please wake up and see that there are powerful forces pulling the strings underground to cause hatred between us and the agenda is to take it to a level where it will be too much to bear and violence would be the only solution. The forces behind this ultimately want a massive show of bloodshed in Nigeria starting with the Igbo vs Yoruba. Some people initially thought that the boko haram problem up north would start a religious war in Nigeria especially when churches were been blown to pieces every week but that failed. They later on resorted to attacking Muslims in the north even in their mosques to see if that would anger the muslims enough to start a massive campaign of violence against Christians but that also failed. Let us all be wise and open our eyes, these forces plotting to plunge Nigeria into war are likely operating outside Nigeria. The boko haram option in Northern Nigeria failed to start the needed Christian vs Muslim war and boko haram is gradually winding down activities. Let us continue to pray for this nation and keep our emotions in check so that we do not witness a sort of bloodshed in this country that would be second to none in history. These evil forces have now shifted their attention to the Southern part of Nigeria and intend to start a campaign of massive bloodshed by starting a violent Igbo vs Yoruba conflict. We are too big to start a bloody confrontation against ourselves in this country, where do we run to for refuge? The numbers in Lagos alone can overwhelm Cotonou and even Ghana/Togo with a massive influx of refugees. How much refugees can flee through Bakassi? How much refugees can flee from the North into Niger Republic & Chad? Just with the boko haram problem Niger is already complaining and sending backing Northern Nigerian refugees. This is the only county we have and we must do all we can to protect this country and ensure progress & development. This message is especially for all the Igbos & Yorubas whose hearts have now been darkened and filled with so much anger and hate waiting to manifest. Let us put the evil ones to shame and ensure that their dream of an Igbo-Yoruba war does not come to pass! GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

1 Like

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by MuyiRano(m): 4:24pm On May 07, 2015
One of the reasons Buhari jailed some journalists back In the days
Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by PenSniper: 4:46pm On May 07, 2015
rabzy:

Where are people like you produced....

Its amazing the amount of hatred people can spew on other tribes. There are tens of thousands of tribes all over the world, it would be a great character flaw if we can only tolerate our own tribe.

Do you take time out to advise your kinsmen who think they have the monopoly to throw tantrums at others?
Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by highmood(m): 4:50pm On May 07, 2015
olu4life:
And people were in a hurry to insult Soyinka. Nawa for Naija peeps o. This mentality of 'bring him down' is annoying and distasteful. I kept mum over the matter cos I was doubting the story. Patience is important biko. Lets think properly before commenting, likewise confirming from a reliable source before pouring ur hatred
people that were in a haste to insult the Prof should not be blamed too. The Prof has made an annoying statement against the Igbos before if you could remember. So don't blame the igbos blame those foolish and unprofessional licensed media houses.

2 Likes

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:56pm On May 07, 2015
Chigold101:
why do we always jump into saying poo of another when the person has made mistake or miss fired?

Put yourself in the position of the igbos & tell me is you would have acted differently considering the number of insult they have recieved even from influential NIGERIANS since after the election (including from Okoroch). The Igbos like me responded based on all the blames & fire work hipped on us since GEJ/PDP lost election from both yorubas, hausas/fulanis & our igbo APC members.

So take it easy while making some statements which are also very provoking, like this one you made here.

My APPOLOGY:
I humbly appologise to wole soyinka for my responses to that said publication. My response is not borne out of hatred but out of anger considering how APC members of both hausa/fulani, yorubas & igbos have called us names, told us that we have failed, that we are politically naive & so many other things which realy got all igbos who are not members of APC angry.

I say forgive & forget. However i am not regreting my action considering the circumstances that led to it.

Thanks
Hausas have been insulted far more than ibos yet we don't see this level of reaction coming from them. How could you guys fall so cheaply for that crap, you didn't even give the prof the benefit of doubt. Haba! You guys were not fair to him.

1 Like

Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:00pm On May 07, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Adamu you too dey mumu
Mumu is a person that swallow anything they read online without questions. That cap fits you. You guys should stop being paranoid. Most of your enemies are imaginary. Stop running please, no one is pursuing you
Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by wisdomguy4u(m): 9:10pm On May 07, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Mumu is a person that swallow anything they read online without questions. That cap fits you. You guys should stop being paranoid. Most of your enemies are imaginary. Stop running please, no one is pursuing you

Adamumu grin
Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:55pm On May 07, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Adamumu grin
I am beyond your capacity to ridicule. Try that for the rest of your life, you'll fail. Low self esteem is for guys like you who are fond of defending themselves even when no one is attacking you. SLOWPOKE grin
Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by aresa: 12:07am On May 08, 2015
UncleJudax:

Everybody in Nigeria Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Efik, Ngas etc has those characteristics and disposition you have listed. The instigators know just about what to do to put each tribe in a 'cloud nine' mode.

Stop making it a specific feature of a particular tribe. That would be living in denial.

We see all the time how they respond to every issue with unrestrained emotions, sentiments, ultimatums and vernoms. They are in the US as we speak doing the same thing over what has already been denied by the alleged perpetrator. They are picketing the doctor at his place of work and trying to have him fired or disrupt his business.

When was the last time Yoruba or Hausa people displayed such emotions and extreme behavior over anything? A low of insulting, negative and derogatory utterances were made against Yoruba and Hausa people , but do you see them issuing ultimatums, demonstrating, asking for people to be fired, displaying out of control emotions and misplaced sentiments.

I stand by my comment.
Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by UncleJudax(m): 5:21am On May 08, 2015
aresa:

We see all the time how they respond to every issue with unrestrained emotions, sentiments, ultimatums and vernoms. They are in the US as we speak doing the same thing over what has already been denied by the alleged perpetrator. They are picketing the doctor at his place of work and trying to have him fired or disrupt his business.

When was the last time Yoruba or Hausa people displayed such emotions and extreme behavior over anything? A low of insulting, negative and derogatory utterances were made against Yoruba and Hausa people , but do you see them issuing ultimatums, demonstrating, asking for people to be fired, displaying out of control emotions and misplaced sentiments.

I stand by my comment.
I am happy for you grin cheesy. I only wish some of your kins would do same, stand by their comments.
Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by naptu2: 3:31pm On May 08, 2015
@fisayosoyombo

To all who stood by us during d Soyinka storm, we say BIG THANKS. It was a sad slip but a lesson learnt! 'FISAYO SOYOMBO, Editor, TheCable

https://mobile.twitter.com/fisayosoyombo/status/596677510512836609?p=v
Re: Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 08, 2015
PenSniper:

Yours is a special case of incorrigibility. You have gone beyond redemption and rehabilitation. A poster quoted you and said "GET WELL SOON". He understood your predicament except that you can no longer get well. You are an incurable nut case.
lmao

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Comparing UK And Nigeria Protest/Strikes By Lauretta Onochie / Atiku Condemns Attack On Jonathan: "Office Of The President Must Be Respected" / How Pro-Oshiomhole Governors Saved APC National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.