Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 (50148 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Buhari In Ogoniland In 1984 / How I Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 / Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by Sooroptimist1: 2:26am On May 07, 2015
How I Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984

Internationally acclaimed herbal practitioner, Mrs. Flora Ifenyichukwu Nkemakonam Ilonzo, has recalled how she ‘saved’ President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, from “a well planned coup” when he was military Head of State

Ilonzo said she was the savoiur of Buhari in 1984 in Enugu when a coup was planned to eliminate him.

She said she used her power to botch the plot.

Ilonzo is today the Director, Centre for Psychic and Healing Administration (CPHA), Awka.

“Buhari would have died in that
planned coup in Enugu while in office as a military Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces,” she claimed.

Ilonzo has practiced her trade in both Enugu and Awka for over 30 years, especially on herbal research, health education and in resolving human problems. She has
published books, among them, ‘Questions and Answers on Phystomedicine’, ‘Herbs and Your Health’ and ‘Food and your Health’.

Now that Buhari has been democratically elected to govern the country once again, Ilonzo has also re-surfaced to warn him to beware in his actions and inactions.

She warned Buhari to “be vigilant as ever at all times as he presides the affairs of the country” and congratulated him for winning the 2015 Presidential election.

“I warmly felicitate with and congratulate your Excellency on your well deserved victory at the Presidential election. I am thrilled by your emergence as the next civilian President of our dear country.

“Thirty-one years ago, when Your Excellency was the Military Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, I foresaw and exposed a plot to assassinate you during an official visit to Anambra State.

“I immediately contacted the authorities for further action and for the postponement of your visit. At that time, General Y.Y. Kure was the General Officer Commanding the 82 Division, Nigerian Army, Enugu, while Emmanuel
Akojie was the Signal Brigade Commander. When your visit commenced at the appropriate time, Your Excellency arrived Enugu Airport and demanded my presence to appreciate my gesture. In your entourage were the former Chief Judge and Attorney General of the Federation, Justice Belgore, and the late Chike Ofordile, respectively.

“Today, as the President-elect, providence has given you yet another opportunity to complete the national assignment you started three decades ago. Your mandate is by no means a gift to be squandered by anyone who is not committed to national rebirth and reconstruction. I advise that you pick your team
for the best results irrespective of ethnic, religious and political cleavages.

“I pray that you replicate the legacy of the Late Singaporean leader Lee Kuan Yew in Nigeria to make this nation a prosperous, proud and respectable entity in the comity of nations; I urge you to restore discipline, morality, excellence in quality of goods and services offered to our nation for the upliftment of our patriotic spirit and common good.

“My word of caution is that you remain as vigilant as ever to keep sycophants at a safe distance. Our unity, security and the reduction of ethno –religious tension should occupy a premier position in your new administration.

Thanks and God bless,’’ Ilonzo said. Ilonzo, an old Anambra State Artist, was known then as Mrs. I. Eze, according to Ogbuefi Charles Onyechi, Amalunweze of Awka, a staunch member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Awka who revealed the woman to newsmen in Onitsha.

Onyechi also agreed that the President-elect would have been killed in Enugu when he was military Head of State but was saved by Mrs. Ilonzo.
Onyechi showed a book yet to be publicly presented containing the story of how the Igbo woman saved Buhari with vivid account and details.

The book tagged, ‘Peace…the legacy of an Icon of our time,’ captures the roles of Ilonzo, Anyafulugo Enugu-Ukwu na Umunri, Ozouwandu Aguleri Kingdom.
Hear her: “I was in a dream and saw the shooting to death of several Igbo leaders as they lined up to welcome the Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari in 1984.

The visit was still nine days away, so something must be done, and fast too, to forestall the calamity. As a civil servant, I could not approach the Governor directly, but I wrote a letter to the Governor through his Principal Secretary, Mrs. Ossai. I copied the same letter to the Commissioner of Police, the GOC, 82 Division of the Nigerian Army and Commander Signal Brigade in Enugu. I undertook to deliver personally that of the Governor, and the GOC 82 Division. In view of my vision, I urged them to defer the visit of the Head of state, emphasising that once I have such a revelation, it surely must take place.

“At the receipt of the Governor’s letter, the
Principal Secretary read it and instructed his staff to call
me back. In my presence he told them of the content of the letter and called me names, insinuating that I was one of those women hanging around army barracks running after soldiers. He tore the letter and warned his staff never to allow me inside his office again.

“By the time I got home, my staff who went to deliver copies of the letter had returned, followed by the GOC 82 Div Major General Y.Y Kure. He confirmed the receipt of my letter, and wanted to know what to do. I maintained what I said in the letter — that the visit must be postponed till the bad boys have been fished out and dealt with. Within thirty minutes, the Commissioner of
Police and Brigade Commander also arrived at my 22 Savage Crescent, GRA, Enugu residence, where they met the GOC.

“During my discussions with them, I asked to first of all take inventory of the armoury to determine what was stolen. I also informed them that the blank bullets used for ceremonial occasions had been replaced with live bullets, to enable the plotters kill all those they wanted to kill.

I also confirmed to them the place the stolen ammunition was hidden.

“They left and first of all visited the armoury where it was found that some ammunition were actually missing.They came back and sought my help to locate the missing ammunition. I agreed, but sent them back to collect some gunpowder and sand from the location of the armoury, while I went to collect leaves my grand father, Akunne Onyido, used to trace lost items. I
mixed the leaves and sand and used the gun powder to set it ablaze. When it has been burnt, I collected the ashes and gave them two portions, one to sprinkle around the barracks, I
told them that it would make those involved to confess,
which is better than my revealing their names. Before then, they had arrested
the Armourer, Lt. Anyaka. But I told them he was innocent.

“The following day they sprinkled the powder on the parade ground before the arrival of the soldiers for the
parade. Immediately after, one of the soldiers residing at the Thinkers Corner confessed that he was to kill the Head of State. He named some of his collaborators after which he shot himself. They called another parade to which I was invited. I was there disguised as a groundnut seller. After the GOC’s address, one of the plotters stood up and pointed out his accomplices. He took the GOC, the Signal Brigade Commander, Emmanuel Akoji, to the armoury to demonstrate how they entered the place. He rubbed his back on the wall and the doors opened.

Immediately the powder was rubbed on him and he could not come out the same way. He was arrested. I then took them to where the stolen ammunition were kept, there were all together nine bombs, two cartons of hand grenades, and 12 crates of ammunition, hidden in a bunker.

SOURCEL:http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/05/saved-buhari-coup-plotters-1984/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by alnino94(m): 2:38am On May 07, 2015
wow i totally believe her but she should let gmb knw about this, its important.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by Nobody: 3:07am On May 07, 2015
Madam, you didn't remember this story in 2007 and 2011 until after the 2015 elections that saw Buhari sailing through.

You are one of the reasons why people of other tribes disrespect and see all of us as opportunists.

Anu mpama angry

255 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by tit(f): 3:08am On May 07, 2015
this woman is the savior of gmb!
Allahu Akbar.
they should watch all bad pdp people.
Muazu is up to something now.

7 Likes

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by menix(m): 3:10am On May 07, 2015
Chaii... prophet ndi Enugu...
Thou d story sounds like Doz stories been told on tales by moonlight series about the Tortoise...

Thou I feel like blivin her cous I love lies..

Abeg if u know her, help mii ask am who go win dis year Champions League...

25 Likes

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by menix(m): 3:14am On May 07, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Madam, you didn't remember this story in 2007 and 2011 until after the 2015 elections that saw Buhari sailing through.

You are one of the reasons why people of other tribes disrespect and see all of us as opportunists.

Anu mpama angry

Oga abeg stop forming Igbo jawe..

Which 1 b "Anu mpama"?

Ina 'amu-amu' nwoke onye awusa?

32 Likes

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by Nobody: 3:43am On May 07, 2015
Hogwash! I'm sure she would have used her Psychic [Witchcraft] powers to actualize Biafra.

Igbo Kwenu! Trying to reap where you didn't sow since 00AD.

37 Likes

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by Sooroptimist1: 3:47am On May 07, 2015
Its a pity that some people are trying to discredit this woman despite the fact that she mentioned several names and location of events which could be verified if need be

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by bakila: 3:58am On May 07, 2015
Flabbergasted by this gas that did not escape in 03, 07 or sad011.
Failure has little friends. Success see attachees, Madam you story may be true and will the Ministry of Traditional Early Warning Systema be good a enough as a reward for your boldness.

4 Likes

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by bigtt76(f): 4:04am On May 07, 2015
Future Minister of Herbal or Jass Affairs naaaaa grin

IdiAmin1:

Anu mpama angry

8 Likes

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by ARKdiscloser7(m): 5:34am On May 07, 2015
Madam.
Why stressing your life? Why?
Pls focus on your career and leave Buhari alone.

Since you are Igbo he won't listen nor notice you.
The yorubas won't believe you either.

That is the extent of the thick hatred they have for Igbos.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by midolian(m): 6:18am On May 07, 2015
IdiAmin1:

Anu mpama angry
hahahhaha...Nice one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by Nobody: 6:29am On May 07, 2015
Say no to "change"
Say yes to transformation

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by QuotaSystem: 7:00am On May 07, 2015
While her account is persuasive, ndigbos record as unrepentant AGIP and the recent actions of Igbo elders lining up to pay homage to Buhari barely weeks after condemning his candidacy with hatred and lies, makes it excruciatingly hard to believe this 'jazz woman'. As someone rightly asked, where was this story in 2003, 2007, and 2011?

9 Likes

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by boynigeria(m): 7:46am On May 07, 2015
pls go and sit down
at last didnt d coup happen
GMB was d softest military leader then, na Idiagbon be d strong person for him govt

2 Likes

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by knostbrown01(m): 7:49am On May 07, 2015
Forget this story madam....Ministerial slot has finished

12 Likes

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by sinizia: 8:19am On May 07, 2015
Now that Buhari has won, all kinds of stories, silly and truthful, are creeping out from every holes, left, right and center. Waiting for another person to claim he or she brushed Buhari's teeth 11 years ago.

3 Likes

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by Blurry: 8:36am On May 07, 2015
Sooroptimist1:
Its a pity that some people are trying to discredit this woman despite the fact that she mentioned several names and location of events which could be verified if need be

I thought so too...why condemn her intention or the story when it can be easily traced and verified.

Zoharariel:
Hogwash! I'm sure she would have used her Psychic [Witchcraft] powers to actualize Biafra.
Igbo Kwenu! Trying to reap where you didn't sow since 00AD.

You agree with me that you are very silly and a bigot, right?

10 Likes

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by bastien: 8:37am On May 07, 2015
Stories for the gods
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by sammyj: 8:37am On May 07, 2015
Why come out now to say this or is it because he is now the President elect which is why they want to use this to associate with him. When he lost way back then nobody came out with this story for the gods !!!! grin grin
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by 1stola: 8:37am On May 07, 2015
hmn
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by Nobody: 8:37am On May 07, 2015
y save him, he would hv been a history

1 Like

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by loomer: 8:38am On May 07, 2015
Make I hear word jare
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by KanwuliaJara: 8:38am On May 07, 2015
She prolly used her a$$e! grin
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by valinda(m): 8:38am On May 07, 2015
pic of her saving him or I don't believe
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by free2ryhme: 8:39am On May 07, 2015
I will be back
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by pretydiva(f): 8:39am On May 07, 2015
Gud of her
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by Matttthew(m): 8:39am On May 07, 2015
Eiya....

Thank you oooooo undecided

If Bihari had lose the election den I bet u.... Dear won't be this " "

This is how people...friends .....enemies....haterz and even the rich runs after you after u have made it...

Pursue success first in everything..... Don't be distracted about what happens around....

Then a lot of unfamiliar bies can follow

2 Likes

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by kenx1(m): 8:40am On May 07, 2015
Igbos saving Nigeria since 10AD

2 Likes

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by XRAY21(m): 8:41am On May 07, 2015
To me you did a big mistake. U saved one man , he killed thousand. What the point mtcheeew

2 Likes

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by lonelydora: 8:41am On May 07, 2015
Thanks
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by kennydee05(m): 8:41am On May 07, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State / They Moved The Exchange Rate From N200 To N800 - Tinubu At Cross-river APC Rally / Fact Check: Did Tinubu Change His Name From Yekini Amoda Ogunlere?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.