Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls (46223 Views)

Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. / Can You Guess Where This Is Located? (PHOTOS) / Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In Africa - See Where Nigeria Falls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls by PunkyOh(f): 11:06am On May 08, 2015
chineloSA:

Very sad, but as Nigerians we can only blame ourselves because we vote for the same government that screws us.

Yes, I am Nigerian though my family have been in South Africa for quiet a long time. I did my High school and University in South Africa, that really tells you how long we have been here.

Honestly speaking when our family got SA, South Africans were not as Xenophobic as they are now. If they were, they were good at hiding it. They would only make fun about how we speak and food but it never amounted to Xenophobia. In fact Nigerian man were a hot things then. South Africans then didnt even know where Nigeria is. Then came bad Nigerians in numbers, sad sad sad things fell apart.

But the nice part about SA is there are ghetto's which were built by the old apartheid government and some new government and there are surburbs which are nice places for middle and high income earners. So if as a foreigner you go live in the ghetto, they you are likely to have been a victim of Xenophobia. But if you live in the suburbs and mind your own business, highly unlikely that you will be a victim of Xenophobia.

In business and also jobs you are likely to experience xenophobia, reason being, Nigerians are know for scams so very few business wanna deal with us and also South African government have policies ( BEE ) to boast previously disadvantaged ( apartheid ) locals businesses, so as a foreigner you are the last on the list of their business partners unless you partner with a South African.

But if you are a doctor or any other careers educated particularly in South Africa, South Africa is a good place to benefit from your hard labour than Nigeria. It is also still a good African country to get their passport since they still have some respect for their education etc. and their black locals don't travel or migrate alot, so its always easier with a South African passport.

With regards to business, small foreign business really contribute but don't grow big sad sad because of BEE and the fact that South African are not too receptive to foreign businesses unless you partner with them. Yes Nigerians and other Africans have salons, scrapyards, etc. but its not really big businesses which are ready to compete even within SA with SA businesses of the same kind, let alone spread within SA. So its just family or individual businesses with no clear vision to spread but just a vision to support their families.
In South Africa ( black and white )business operate with a vision to operate in all their towns and cities through franschises which has really helped develop their small towns as well, so Nigerian businesses are not at that level. They are just businesses with very little vision. e.g. Shoprite, Mr Price, Steer, Spur, is likely to be in all cities, minor metropoles and even small towns, they are used to making a brand uniform all over by franchising and there are Nigerians who have bought franchises. But I have never seen a foreign owned business started in SA franschising within SA.

As a foreign woman with no SA passport or ID or Education, its not easy.But generally with recession, jobs have been scarce and poverty getting worse for locals and hence the locals blame it on foreigners.

But right now I am out of South Africa and I work in Saudi Arabia ( using their passport to my advantage grin grin grin grin ), but I will go back since my family is based in South Africa. My husband and I have also started building our financial portfolio in South Africa, so we may be in SA for a long time.

But don't believe everything by bloggers and journalists, it can be exaggerated. There are so many Educated Nigerians living in South Africa and making it. wink wink wink and there are so many Nigerians on blogs and social networks who have been to SA by internet but have never left the shores of Nigeria. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Quoted for fact.
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 11:30am On May 08, 2015
Dessyguy:
then you should have laid emphasis on literature as in noble laureate.You can't even make constructive statement.

Initially, you mentioned that Ghanian educational system is better than that of Nigeria,then I asked if a Ghanian has ever won noble price on literature.

You're an illiterate because you're sense of reasoning is too poor. You can't undertand even simple english.
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls by ugsams(m): 1:33pm On May 08, 2015
chineloSA:

Very sad, but as Nigerians we can only blame ourselves because we vote for the same government that screws us.

Yes, I am Nigerian though my family have been in South Africa for quiet a long time. I did my High school and University in South Africa, that really tells you how long we have been here.

Honestly speaking when our family got SA, South Africans were not as Xenophobic as they are now. If they were, they were good at hiding it. They would only make fun about how we speak and food but it never amounted to Xenophobia. In fact Nigerian man were a hot things then. South Africans then didnt even know where Nigeria is. Then came bad Nigerians in numbers, sad sad sad things fell apart.

But the nice part about SA is there are ghetto's which were built by the old apartheid government and some new government and there are surburbs which are nice places for middle and high income earners. So if as a foreigner you go live in the ghetto, they you are likely to have been a victim of Xenophobia. But if you live in the suburbs and mind your own business, highly unlikely that you will be a victim of Xenophobia.

In business and also jobs you are likely to experience xenophobia, reason being, Nigerians are know for scams so very few business wanna deal with us and also South African government have policies ( BEE ) to boast previously disadvantaged ( apartheid ) locals businesses, so as a foreigner you are the last on the list of their business partners unless you partner with a South African.

But if you are a doctor or any other careers educated particularly in South Africa, South Africa is a good place to benefit from your hard labour than Nigeria. It is also still a good African country to get their passport since they still have some respect for their education etc. and their black locals don't travel or migrate alot, so its always easier with a South African passport.

With regards to business, small foreign business really contribute but don't grow big sad sad because of BEE and the fact that South African are not too receptive to foreign businesses unless you partner with them. Yes Nigerians and other Africans have salons, scrapyards, etc. but its not really big businesses which are ready to compete even within SA with SA businesses of the same kind, let alone spread within SA. So its just family or individual businesses with no clear vision to spread but just a vision to support their families.
In South Africa ( black and white )business operate with a vision to operate in all their towns and cities through franschises which has really helped develop their small towns as well, so Nigerian businesses are not at that level. They are just businesses with very little vision. e.g. Shoprite, Mr Price, Steer, Spur, is likely to be in all cities, minor metropoles and even small towns, they are used to making a brand uniform all over by franchising and there are Nigerians who have bought franchises. But I have never seen a foreign owned business started in SA franschising within SA.

As a foreign woman with no SA passport or ID or Education, its not easy.But generally with recession, jobs have been scarce and poverty getting worse for locals and hence the locals blame it on foreigners.

But right now I am out of South Africa and I work in Saudi Arabia ( using their passport to my advantage grin grin grin grin ), but I will go back since my family is based in South Africa. My husband and I have also started building our financial portfolio in South Africa, so we may be in SA for a long time.

But don't believe everything by bloggers and journalists, it can be exaggerated. There are so many Educated Nigerians living in South Africa and making it. wink wink wink and there are so many Nigerians on blogs and social networks who have been to SA by internet but have never left the shores of Nigeria. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oh! That was a very detailed and informative piece. You are a great woman, your husband is really blessed.

I had to go through some of your posts on Nairaland. I will just have to follow your account on Nairaland. At this point i have to baptize you from ChineloSA to ChineloSASA

"SASA" meaning South Africa and Saudi Arabia
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls by Dessyguy(m): 1:43pm On May 08, 2015
NgwaManNaija4LF:

Initially, you mentioned that Ghanian educational system is better than that of Nigeria,then I asked if a Ghanian has ever won noble price on literature.

You're an illiterate because you're sense of reasoning is too poor. You can't undertand even simple english.
I never said that.You can quickly scan through the post.I only came in when u said no one in GH had won the nobel laureate.You probs need to get your eyes checked.
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls by chineloSA(f): 3:11pm On May 08, 2015
ugsams:

Oh! That was a very detailed and informative piece. You are a great woman, your husband is really blessed.

I had to go through some of your posts on Nairaland. I will just have to follow your account on Nairaland. At this point i have to baptize you from ChineloSA to ChineloSASA

"SASA" meaning South Africa and Saudi Arabia

ChineloSASA grin grin classic
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 08, 2015
emmasege:
Even the overrated south africa cannot boast of many infrastructurally developed cities like naija.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......!! grin grin grin grin grin
deluded citizens of the so-called "giant of africa"........yeah sure........giant chest beaters of africa with giant delusions.
hahahahahahahaha......!!

2 Likes

Re: World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 08, 2015
JiggamanGh:

No one knows, is only in their deluded minds. They believe everyone is out to get them, yet they don't even trust each other.
Hey swit, I just watched the 50 shades of grey....and I hated it. It didn't end well as. I regret watching it. And it's most corrupting cry
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 09, 2015
dovelike:

Hey swit, I just watched the 50 shades of grey....and I hated it. It didn't end well as. I regret watching it. And it's most corrupting cry
BEEN HEARING ABT THAT MOVIE.HWS IT LIKE PLS
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 09, 2015
AlphaGentMan:
BEEN HEARING ABT THAT MOVIE.HWS IT LIKE PLS
Wierd
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls by JiggamanGh: 12:57am On May 10, 2015
dovelike:

I am not even going to waste my time on that crap. Read the first book because of popularity, it was bad read.

Hope you didn't go to the movies with another guy?
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls by Nobody: 1:40am On May 10, 2015
JiggamanGh:

I am not even going to waste my time on that crap. Read the first book because of popularity, it was bad read.

Hope you didn't go to the movies with another guy?
Lol. We gotta be faithful?
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 10, 2015
dovelike:

Wierd
is it sex filled or jxt not worth it..confused on wether to download or not
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 10, 2015
AlphaGentMan:
is it sex filled or jxt not worth it..confused on wether to download or not
It didn't end well. Yes it's sex filled, like brutal sex. Just watch it.
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 10, 2015
dovelike:

It didn't end well. Yes it's sex filled, like brutal sex. Just watch it.
Sorry for d numerous quotes but did they show the sex scenes?
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls by gowaga68: 6:59pm On May 10, 2015
This maybe off topic but I just dont know how to go about it.

I have been searching for flight going to Sao Tome and Principe for while now and was told No flight going but taking off through Ship or so from Calaba is possible.

My question is, How true can one get ship or other means to the Island from Calaba?
Re: World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 10, 2015
AlphaGentMan:
Sorry for d numerous quotes but did they show the sex scenes?
Lol. Yeah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Old Ojo Road, Lagos New Sin City: Residents Lament As Brothels Take Over / Terrible Accident In Kaduna, People Burnt Beyond Recognition(Graphic Pics) / Man Involved In An Accident As His Car Tumbles (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.