Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,470 members, 7,781,364 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:13 PM

Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search (39316 Views)

Got The Phone Number Of The Person With My Lost Phone / How To Recover Your Stolen Or Lost Phone In 24 Hours Without Spending A Dime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Daraplato(m): 11:48am On May 07, 2015
It's true. My brother used it to track his phone to the point where the thief removed the sim and formatted the phone. You could access google dashboard for more options
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by luthorcorp: 11:48am On May 07, 2015
Hammefeez:
How can i track my Asha200 ?
asha 200? u mean d one runing on android 6.6 joystick?? with a 15ghz processor....no need trackin it,its gone
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Nobody: 11:49am On May 07, 2015
track ur fone easily with lookout.
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by ceejayluv(m): 11:51am On May 07, 2015
Bants:
End of days very soon they will inject google into humans and they will just locate u anyhow
That's more like "progress" than Armageddon....
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Bants(m): 11:53am On May 07, 2015
proxitaly:
nice

nairaland babes be like abeg make them inject Seun with this kin tech make we know his location, Even if na to go cook for him free of charge cheesy cheesy

Yawa don gas all in the name of technology
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by jazinogold(m): 11:54am On May 07, 2015
Thank God I fit track my Nokia 3310!
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Bants(m): 11:55am On May 07, 2015
ceejayluv:

That's more like "progress" than Armageddon....

Progress abi e go shock u soon....Im relocating to the moon sha
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by proxitaly: 11:58am On May 07, 2015
Bants:

Yawa don gas all in the name of technology

I tell you, thats how one online survey yesterday was asking me if i would be comfortable to have technology chips inserted into my body in the near future.

I said NO BLEEPING WAY

2 Likes

Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by dedollarman(m): 11:58am On May 07, 2015
Plz help I lost my techno phantom Z yesterday but I check the pack no serial or imei number also no serial or imei number on the receipt given to me plZ how can I locate the phone
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by dedollarman(m): 11:59am On May 07, 2015
Am ready to pay for the service
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by gulfer: 12:02pm On May 07, 2015
This is good; I just located my phone which I hid. It even rings and you can lock the phone phone forever.

Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 07, 2015
Daraplato:
It's true. My brother used it to track his phone to the point where the thief removed the sim and formatted the phone. You could access google dashboard for more options
if it was lookout they send d location of whr d sim was removed, and pic of d thief if ur fone as a front cam.
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Bants(m): 12:13pm On May 07, 2015
proxitaly:

I tell you, thats how one online survey yesterday was asking me if i would be comfortable to have technology chips inserted into my body in the near future.

I said NO BLEEPING WAY

Lol madness

1 Like

Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by ceejayluv(m): 12:18pm On May 07, 2015
Bants:

Progress abi e go shock u soon....Im relocating to the moon sha
Hehe.... Technophobe..
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Ujupsy: 12:21pm On May 07, 2015
How can this be made public,a lot of us have suffered in the hands of pick pocketers, handbag snatchers, and lots of evil practices in our society
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Spactacle(m): 12:23pm On May 07, 2015
proxitaly:
nice

nairaland babes be like abeg make them inject Seun with this kin tech make we know his location, Even if na to go cook for him free of charge cheesy cheesy

Wicked cool
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by olasha1(m): 12:27pm On May 07, 2015
gulfer:
This is good; I just located my phone which I hid. It even rings and you can lock the phone phone forever.

pls bro does it work? cant it work 4 bbQ10? am trying to get mine that was lost when they vandalized my car last friday and i have been trying to search for it from d said link but its not giving me any positive result
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by gulfer: 12:29pm On May 07, 2015
olasha1:

pls bro does it work? cant it work 4 bbQ10? am trying to get mine that was lost when they vandalized my car last friday and i have been trying to search for it from d said link but its not giving me any positive result
I use an Experia; its an android phone....don't know about BB lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by donhils: 12:43pm On May 07, 2015
Ochiske:
Losing your phone is a nightmare.And things get worse when you know there is hardly any way to track it down. Well but if you are an Android user, then you are in for a pleasant surprise.
Google recently introduced a new feature which can track down any Android phone or tablet by simply using ‘Google Search’. Here’s how it works!

Step 1: Make sure you are using/share the same Google account on your PC and Android phone or tablet. (Even if you aren’t, it will prompt you once you type in ‘find my phone’ in the Google search bar.)

Step2: Now type in ‘find my phone’ in the Google Search bar. As soon as you hit enter, Google will start locating your phone on Google Maps. Give it a few seconds and your phone’s preciselocation will be right in front of you. It even shows how far it is from where you are sitting.

But what if your phone is under a pillow or stuck in a bed side. Well, for that, there’s an option called ‘Ring’ which will make your phone ring at maximum volume for over 5 minutes.

I tried the feature myself and it worked brilliantly.

http://m.mensxp.com/technology/web-and-social/25750-google-search-can-help-you-find-your-lost-android-phone-and-its-amazingly-efficient.html

So basically the person is making Google search? Just the way I search for every other thing.
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by MDJALO(m): 12:48pm On May 07, 2015
Oboy dad Orijin the work well well oh, see as braintizaz full 4 9ja oh, daris God oh

Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by millionboi(m): 1:07pm On May 07, 2015
Vry soon ppl wil stop stealin phones
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by kristisking(m): 1:16pm On May 07, 2015
Bad market for some people.

1 Like

Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Crispels(m): 1:17pm On May 07, 2015
Ochiske:
Losing your phone is a nightmare.And things get worse when you know there is hardly any way to track it down. Well but if you are an Android user, then you are in for a pleasant surprise.
Google recently introduced a new feature which can track down any Android phone or tablet by simply using ‘Google Search’. Here’s how it works!

Step 1: Make sure you are using/share the same Google account on your PC and Android phone or tablet. (Even if you aren’t, it will prompt you once you type in ‘find my phone’ in the Google search bar.)

Step2: Now type in ‘find my phone’ in the Google Search bar. As soon as you hit enter, Google will start locating your phone on Google Maps. Give it a few seconds and your phone’s preciselocation will be right in front of you. It even shows how far it is from where you are sitting.

But what if your phone is under a pillow or stuck in a bed side. Well, for that, there’s an option called ‘Ring’ which will make your phone ring at maximum volume for over 5 minutes.

I tried the feature myself and it worked brilliantly.

http://m.mensxp.com/technology/web-and-social/25750-google-search-can-help-you-find-your-lost-android-phone-and-its-amazingly-efficient.html

My Infinix Zero phone was stolen recently,can I still locate it
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Anuoluwap(m): 1:26pm On May 07, 2015
paranorman:
Like it or not, google rules the mobile platforms just like what MS windows is to PC world..
Pity microsoft lost its midas touch on mobile, guess google pre-empted 'em. Microsoft better get it right this time around.
abeg bros, were u told dat u can't find your phone on windows phone?
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by LOVEGINO(m): 1:29pm On May 07, 2015
runzlord:
First, it's not Google search it's android device manager
Second it's very poor,, still prefer avast anti theft
u ve better idea but refuse to share. Now re re using someone post to show ursef. Na wa 4 us ooo!

1 Like

Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:07pm On May 07, 2015
Unfortunately, you can't use this it to lock or erase your device if stolen -- you will still need Android Device Manager to do that.

How To Use Android Device Manager To Erase Data on Androids : http://www.mobilitaria.com/2014/06/use-android-device-manager-wipe-data.html
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by paranorman(m): 2:15pm On May 07, 2015
Anuoluwap:
abeg bros, were u told dat u can't find your phone on windows phone?
can't find my phone on windows phone? What does that mean dude? What are you talking about?
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by paranorman(m): 2:22pm On May 07, 2015
adewale2011:
if it can locate the phone under this condition then it making sense

1. locate a phone when it has been reset to factory setting and another Google account logged on it.

2. after filling condition 1, can be located without an internet connectivity on the phone to locate (when there no active data running on the phone to be located)

if it cant locate on this condition then google should not hype the tech.
i think number 1 point should be a priority and think the programmers should have thought about that too.

For 2, I still think twill need an interneet connection. You can always get to know where your phone has been by its last internet session. If google can work something out with local gsm operators, fine.
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by tohpahz(f): 2:34pm On May 07, 2015
Kinda nice.. but what if the phone is switched off
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Lovexme(m): 2:42pm On May 07, 2015
Super cool.

One down side to it is your phone can't be located if it's switched off. embarassed
Re: Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 07, 2015
what if the phone is switched off or not connected to network? or even the thief changes the google email address registered on the phone? any hopes?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) / Charge Your Phone By Shouting At It / Why Is Everyone Selling Their Samsung Galaxy S5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.