Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ (35102 Views)

Nigerian Man Shares Unclad After-sex Picture Of Himself And Wife / I Have Been Alfa’s Sex Slave For Two Years – Lagos Housewife / A Nairalander Retakes photo Of His Mum And Siblings After 24 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by publicenemy(m): 5:21pm On May 07, 2015
Gt
Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by Agbgift(f): 5:22pm On May 07, 2015
24 years of slavery. And he left the shore of Nigeria @ age 14. That's 38yrs of his life wasted and he got nothing to show for it.
The wickedness of man to his fellow man.

2 Likes

Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by NiceHans: 5:22pm On May 07, 2015
This is barbaric, selfish and inhumane, they deserve jail
Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by Sylverbox(m): 5:22pm On May 07, 2015
After we will be the first to condemn the white man for hating us....NONSENSE!!!!!

1 Like

Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by browneyes7(f): 5:23pm On May 07, 2015
This is pure wickedness n God ll judge them...

1 Like

Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by lebienconnu: 5:24pm On May 07, 2015
These people and wickedness. Abi which people de bear Edets?
Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by popcykaylah(m): 5:24pm On May 07, 2015
if na oyibo do this one now we go say them dey racially abuse us..imagine a Nigerian treating his fellow Nigerian like that in a foreign country ..what do you then expect the foreigners to do to us?they should be caged! angry

3 Likes

Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by vickylois(f): 5:25pm On May 07, 2015
Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion,right?
evegran:

Ok? That's all you have to say?
What if he was your brother or your son?
Don't you feel sympathy ? Smh.
Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 07, 2015
Some educated Nigerians are some of the most cruel human beings alive. Can you imagine what a doctor did to a fellow Nigerian in a foreign land?! Somebody should help that guy through human rights organization because I am not seeing any action coming to his aid and win this case because the doctor and his wife are influential. I hope the UK judicial system trashes that man, his wife and put them where they belong in the 21st century, the prison!

3 Likes

Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by deskossy(m): 5:25pm On May 07, 2015
14+24=38.......38 yrs!as a slave in as much i blame the edets....but the guy doesn't seem normal

1 Like

Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by omonnakoda: 5:26pm On May 07, 2015
How is this different from what happens in Nigeria? Anyway there are two sides to every story. Clearly he is not a stupid man and could always have returned to Nigeria he CHOSE not to. He knows how to use the internet and to send emails so something does not quite add up.

2 Likes

Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by ademega(m): 5:27pm On May 07, 2015
Beyond my reasoning in a western country
Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by tohpahz(f): 5:27pm On May 07, 2015
If this is true..

Mehn,i wonder if we going forward or backwards!!!
Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by fairygeh(f): 5:27pm On May 07, 2015
The heart of man is desperately wicked
Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by mmmmm1: 5:28pm On May 07, 2015
Characters that can destroy your business read more on www.pagereading..com
Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by stinggy(m): 5:29pm On May 07, 2015
Thought the Edets live in Calabar, when did they relocate to UK undecided

2 Likes

Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by Raylight2(m): 5:30pm On May 07, 2015
if I were the judge , he would get half their wealth.

2 Likes

Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by Yemlizzy(f): 5:38pm On May 07, 2015
Man's inhumanity to his fellow man! Wickedness at its peak.

1 Like

Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by Raxxye(m): 5:40pm On May 07, 2015
Man's inhumanity to man!
Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by millionaireman: 5:40pm On May 07, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
This is maltreating of a houseboy by his master

Which kain houseboy? Even Nigeria's constitution outlaws houseboy phenomenon. The Edets are in big soup before the UK laws.
Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by holyokoto(m): 5:43pm On May 07, 2015
Meaning the Guy is now a 38 year old Man suffering for over 24 years, by now He must have adapted to slavery
Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by S4SOLOMON4(m): 5:44pm On May 07, 2015
OMG! 24years a slave!
Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by millionaireman: 5:47pm On May 07, 2015
Houseofglam7:
Nauseating!!!

Someone remind me wat century we're in again

But to be fair to the Edet couple, that Inuk boy/man is a real compound mugu. How could he have stayed all those 24 years without escaping?

2 Likes

Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by plaetton: 5:50pm On May 07, 2015
cilifa:
The heart of humans is filled with evil.

Without distracting from this issue, I can bet my money that this couple were devout christians who payed their tithes and went to Church every Sunday.

Humans are simply glorified animals.
Nothing divine about humans.

4 Likes

Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 07, 2015
Many of us on this forum, are acting as if this is a strange issue, but most of us know a neighbor, a relative, a friend, an enemy or just someone with a house-help that is not paid, all in the name of being a relative, that is housed, used, abused, and in the name of doing their family favor while keeping the servant and time is ticking. Most Igbo people have people they call "BOY" that serves "Master" with the hope that he/she will be "settled" after certain years, MOST of these people are NEVER settled, they are never paid, in many occasions if they cry to be "settled" they are hammered with theft allegations and threatened with police arrests. These cases are everywhere. The Edets in this story is just one of the many unheard stories of what we now call slavery but has been and remains a common practice of so-called rich relatives who house poor relatives on the presumption that the family wants them to help train. These practices MUST be stopped.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by onatisi(m): 5:54pm On May 07, 2015
They didn't put the man in slavery for 24years ,it was the man that allowed himself to be a slave for 24years. If he had ran away nothing would have happened,but fear of the unknown made him to be a slave for so long. Fear is the chains that ties one down to failure .

1 Like

Re: NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ by preciousMI1(f): 5:55pm On May 07, 2015
hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up / 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents / Family! Thank You For Helping Me Pay My School Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.