Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,044 members, 7,807,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal (21512 Views)

My Nigerian Fans Ask Me For Money Instead Of Autographs – Alex Iwobi / West Ham Presents Jersey To Igwe Of Nnewi In Anambra / Nigerians Urge Dangote To Support Local League Before Arsenal Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by shedrack222: 6:15pm On May 07, 2015
[img]http://proudlyweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/proudlyweb.com_8_amaka-and-ruby-igwe1.png1_-640x431@2x1-300x225.png[/img]

Daughter of the late veteran Nollywood producer, director, writer, teacher and mentor, Amaka Igwe, Ruby Igwe has written an open to Aliko Dangote, disclosing to him, her opinion on the indicated interest to purchase Arsenal football club.

If we recall, the billionaire lost the bid to land a stake in Arsenal Football club in 2010. He, however, revealed recently that he is still interested in buying the club.

Here is an excerpt of the open letter from DailyPost below:

[b] Dear Mr. Dangote.

Of course you should buy the Gunners. It’s a sound investment to invest in football, I think financially. And of course in terms of reputation, having a stake in a club is epic. And of course you have the cash. That’s indisputable. However, I have two propositions for you.

Please buy Manchester United instead. Just because.

If you don’t want to, that’s fine. But if you have change, after the Gunners, invest in the football in Nigeria. I can a$$ure you that it’s not only in the UEFA Champions League, or the English Premier League, or La Liga, or Bundesliga, that you will find good soccer. What these leagues have in common is solid financial backing, and solid infrastructure. They have created an internationally celebrated, culturally appreciated, economically viable system.

As such, I find solace in my red Man Utd shirt. I watch David de Gea‘s saves in awe, and I want very much to go to Old Trafford. I feast on the history and the statistics that I find about George Best and Alex Ferguson and David Beckham, and I can’t count how many times Manchester United has broken my heart.

I digress.

If you invest in the football in Nigeria, maybe people will feel the way they feel about Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United; about Enyimba. Maybe my mates will make good money playing for Nigeria’s local and national teams. Maybe watching football and sports live in Lagos and Lafia will become a favourite past time. Maybe we will know more Nigerian players by name and not because of what non-national club they play for.

Maybe there won’t be that much traffic every time in Lagos because the stadium will be packed full. Maybe the clothing and manufacturing industries will be revived by making jerseys and other memorabilia. Maybe students can find modes of expression and survival in sports in general, instead of trying to conform to what they are not.

So Sir. Please do Nigeria a favour and invest in the infrastructure of our football. Invest in change.

Don’t just donate, in case it becomes pocket-oriented. Don’t make a local investment. Go hard. Go national. Consult people, including football fanatics, and lay out a battle plan. Invest in our football and follow your investment until you see the sizeable returns that can and will actualize. Invest in generations to come.

Nigeria will thank you.

[/b]

Cc::: lalasticlala

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by gandyluv(f): 6:22pm On May 07, 2015
Supported

8 Likes

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by lifestyle1(m): 6:32pm On May 07, 2015
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by mastermynd(m): 6:32pm On May 07, 2015
abeg

anyone with 2 10naira
pls change me

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by valmunich(m): 6:32pm On May 07, 2015
I actually support the man's opinion since Arsenal booted his proposal in 2010

No be by force ni.... undecided

1 Like

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by vickylois(f): 6:32pm On May 07, 2015
Lol.. Supported.
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Diesel1(m): 6:33pm On May 07, 2015
Ruby igwe oya u buy enyimba make we dance shoki for u

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by micolaj: 6:33pm On May 07, 2015
Nice 1
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Faremisodeeq(m): 6:33pm On May 07, 2015
Dangote can never by man utd

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by sexaddict08(m): 6:34pm On May 07, 2015
I think the two is bad. they are both clubs who don't buy African players. instead Everton, Manchester city, Tottenham.
Chelsea is the only club in England that loves African players to the core. that's why I'm BLUES....

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by searay(m): 6:34pm On May 07, 2015
Buhari has started. Why is he going to buy clubs for. Is that change.
#babaonechance

1 Like

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Hollawaley(m): 6:34pm On May 07, 2015
correct
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by UnknownT: 6:34pm On May 07, 2015
He can't buy Arsenal, just a few shares. Arsenal is better as a PLC
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by AkProsper(m): 6:35pm On May 07, 2015
How Likes From GUNNERS In The House

12 Likes

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 07, 2015
Broke people always think that they have valid and sound opinion all the time .

4 Likes

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by umarc19: 6:35pm On May 07, 2015
Lol..rivals

1 Like

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Ddonoflife(m): 6:36pm On May 07, 2015
in as much as i love my country,he shld be ready to make loss cos corruption will just finish his money sowi our money abi no be naija money

1 Like

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 07, 2015
Flaties always looking for ready served meal..
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Toluxzy(m): 6:36pm On May 07, 2015
Up utd

3 Likes

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Buchukwu: 6:37pm On May 07, 2015
Only biafra can save us.

2 Likes

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Athanatos(m): 6:38pm On May 07, 2015
Fixed!
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by olu77(m): 6:38pm On May 07, 2015
shocked Dear Dangote, pls don't buy any club now borrow Okonjo and Jona the money instead to pay marketers so we can have fuel for our car and generators.

5 Likes

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Sibrah: 6:38pm On May 07, 2015
Nigerians
will always try to run the next mans' life for him. DSTV should charge N10, Dangote should buy ManUtd, MTN should sell us 1000MB at N200

3 Likes

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Harmthe(m): 6:38pm On May 07, 2015
I support d man's opinion but dangote is a die hard goonners.

1 Like

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Athanatos(m): 6:39pm On May 07, 2015
Vorp:
Flaties always looking for ready served meal..

Grow up,Vorp.

My 2 kobo.

4 Likes

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Ddonoflife(m): 6:39pm On May 07, 2015
Empero1:
Broke people always think that they have valid and sound opinion all the time .
dont want to say u sound lame even if its d truth buh u really sound lame

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Tbillz(m): 6:39pm On May 07, 2015
Always in the quest to mortgage local industries and now football ; why not boost the standard of Nigeria football leagues to international standard? Why not invest in building stadium and rent it out? Of what help will investing in European football clubs be to a common Nigerian? You can turn Nigerian football to international standard if you really desire to sir. Lastly United practices simple xenophobia because they won't even sign a black player not to talk of selling it to a Blackman.

6 Likes

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by Houseofglam7(f): 6:39pm On May 07, 2015
Issorait
Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by hazyfm: 6:40pm On May 07, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I THINK HE SHOULD GO FOR ARSENAL, HE WILL MAKE MORE MONEY THERE

2 Likes

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by ElekeNtioba: 6:40pm On May 07, 2015
How old is dis girl? She sounds like a confused brat to me.

6 Likes

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by VIPERVENOM(m): 6:40pm On May 07, 2015
Dangote will have to cough out £2b to buy man utd that's if the glaziers will even consider selling..........in other news...........man utd have signed depay

1 Like

Re: Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal by stephenqueen: 6:40pm On May 07, 2015
Arsenal still remain one of the best club in the world,for the past 10 years aresnal never win the league title and they are still in forbes top 10 richest club in the world.Show me any club in the world that can achieve that
Keep calm and vote twaci www.nairaland.com/twaci as Miss NL.
REMAIN BLESSED

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Leonel Alvarez Sacked For Sleeping With Patty Gonzalez, Edgar Benitez Wife / Rivers United Best Nigerian Club In 2017, Rank Higher Than Crystal Palace, / World Cup-bound Referee, Facundo Tello Shows 10 Red Cards In Argentina Cup Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.