Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences (22571 Views)

Robert Mugabe Jnr Caught With Drugs In Dubai, Faced Death Penalty, Excecution / Indonesia Approves Castration, Death Penalty For Sex Offenders Targeting Childre / Iran Executed The Entire Male Population Of A Village For Drug Offences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by SeverusSnape(m): 7:11pm On May 07, 2015
politricks:
I dont like it either but even with the death penalty, people are still going into it(not forgetting those that were caught at the airport recently). Now what happens when the punishment is reduced to a lengthy jail term.
You're right bro, I get your point. In that case, I believe the best way to tackle this is through sensitization and workshops for youths; They have to know more about the long term adverse effects drugs have on people who abuse it, That way, no more people to patronise the dealers; then they go out of business.
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by watchindelta(m): 7:12pm On May 07, 2015
I support. to even corrupt politicians for umm for ummm for Nigerian
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by XRAY21(m): 7:13pm On May 07, 2015
allanphash7:
Looking for a day to have a fight with this dude
me too

#FOREVERGREEN
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Acekidc4(m): 7:13pm On May 07, 2015
micolaj:
This is harsh. I pray my brothers from the Ea__won`t stop watching your films for saying this.

Why will they stop watching his Films? For saying the Truth or What!!
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by micolaj: 7:14pm On May 07, 2015
Goldenheart:

What kinda goat are you? A he or she?
Jega mode activated.
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Goldenheart(m): 7:14pm On May 07, 2015
allanphash7:

Good luck waiting
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Laid2001: 7:14pm On May 07, 2015
Drug dealers kill more people than most terrorists!
Hence for dealers death is appropriate. But jail and rehab for users

SeverusSnape:

Cos I don't want death for drug dealers, Death for terrorists rather, Long jail term for Dopedealer tongue

3 Likes

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by bjbukzy(m): 7:16pm On May 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Why Jackie?...This ain't fair embarassed

A very lengthy jail term is Okay, But death?...I'm not in support of that.
dont support d killing of a peddler tho! but the drug baron n those that make millions from this drugs should be killed? if the peddler also is reluctant to diaclose details of d druglord , the peddler should be killed....
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by dopedealer(m): 7:17pm On May 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Cos I don't want death for drug dealers, Death for terrorists rather, Long jail term for Dopedealer tongue

Its just a Screenname hommie ...cool-it!!
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Abduletudaye(m): 7:17pm On May 07, 2015
His son was involved with drugs sometime last year...assuming them kil.l am inko? lipsrsealed
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 07, 2015
Just will yourself for specimen after the damage has bin done lol
allanphash7:
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by fineguy11(m): 7:19pm On May 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:

u drug dealer/user,,,u better get a good job or be ready to die by firing squad...

1 Like

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by SeverusSnape(m): 7:19pm On May 07, 2015
Laid2001:
Drug dealers kill more people than most terrorists!
Hence for dealers death is appropriate. But jail and rehab for users

How can you say "drug dealers kill more people than most terrorists"? undecided

Oya choose one, An encounter with Shekau or an encounter with a drug dealer?...A drug dealer will sell drugs to you, which have long term effects,you may even go for rehab and everything will be okay. But a terrorist will kill you within seconds, and would still do more if given the opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by fineguy11(m): 7:20pm On May 07, 2015
Noneroone:
But we have a president elect who believes drug offenders should face firing squad while terrorists should be granted amnesty.

he never said dat slowpoke...

2 Likes

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by SeverusSnape(m): 7:21pm On May 07, 2015
bjbukzy:

dont support d killing of a peddler tho! but the drug baron n those that make millions from this drugs should be killed? if the peddler also is reluctant to diaclose details of d druglord , the peddler should be killed....
Exactly!... I concur, the peddlers are just pawns.
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by SeverusSnape(m): 7:22pm On May 07, 2015
dopedealer:

Its just a Screenname hommie ...cool-it!!
grin I did that intentionally. grin
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by politricks: 7:22pm On May 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:

You're right bro, I get your point. In that case, I believe the best way to tackle this is through sensitization and workshops for youths; They have to know more about the long term adverse effects drugs have on people who abuse it, That way, no more people to patronise the dealers; then they go out of business.
I agree with you on this but its not going to be easy.
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Noneroone(m): 7:22pm On May 07, 2015
fineguy11:
i am a slowpoke...
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by micolaj: 7:22pm On May 07, 2015
Acekidc4:

Why will they stop watching his Films? For saying the Truth or What!!
Don't pretend as if you don't get me. TRUTH is very bitter they say.
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by SeverusSnape(m): 7:24pm On May 07, 2015
politricks:
I agree with you on this but its not going to be easy.
Yeah, Good things doesn't come easy.
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by braine(m): 7:24pm On May 07, 2015
Ishilove:
Remember Jackie Chan, that famous martial arts (Kung fu) actor of films like Drunken Master, Who Am I?, Mr Nice Guy, Rush Hour and so on? His films made a lot of us Kung fu fans while growing up. I remember signing up for martial arts class when I was 9. Lol. grin

Well, he has some pretty thought provoking things to say about drugs and drug offenders.

http://pulse.ng/movies/jackie-chan-actor-is-in-support-of-death-penalty-for-drug-offences-id3733711.html

He speaks with the heart of a father whose life has been touched on a personal level by drugs. If we are to be very objective and put all sentiments aside, would you say the death penalty for drug offences is not too harsh, especially when one looks at the whole matter holistically, vis the collateral damage to the lives of its users?

It is easy to be mesmerised by the filthy lucre, it is also easy to be indignant when the offenders are being led to the killing fields, it is easy to shout about human rights and mercy, but who is there to raise a voice for those addicts who's life have been completey destroyed by these drugs?

I am trying to be objective here, but do you agree with Jackie Chan? If a family member of mine was on death row for drug offences, I will vehemently disagree with Mr Chan and point out that there were other froms of punishment befitting of the crime, BUT if my son was a junkie who's life revolved around the high he would get from next hit of that potent white powder, if my daughter sells her body in order to be abe to pay for a fix, or overdoses and drops dead at the age of 25, I will speak the same words Jackie Chan has spoken.
I support it too. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

1 Like

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by BUSHHUNTER: 7:33pm On May 07, 2015
To know that the drunkard son also charged with drug related offense last year.
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by rabimlomo: 7:33pm On May 07, 2015
It does not only affect those addicted to drugs and their families. It also affect the whole society. Most CRIMINALS can not shoot people without being high.

1 Like

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Acekidc4(m): 7:34pm On May 07, 2015
micolaj:
Don't pretend as if you don't get me. TRUTH is very bitter they say.

Ok Sir!!cheesycheesy
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by dopedealer(m): 7:41pm On May 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:
grin I did that intentionally. grin
Yay.. peaceout

1 Like

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by frankson1(m): 7:43pm On May 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Why Jackie?...This ain't fair embarassed

A very lengthy jail term is Okay, But death?...I'm not in support of that.

A lenghty jail term is at the expense of the govt.

1 Like

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by fineguy11(m): 7:57pm On May 07, 2015
[quote author=Noneroone post=33517788][/quote]in as much as i am tempted to respond in kind,,i don't trade insult with juvenile''s...i nurture them...night night kiddy kiddy smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by fineguy11(m): 8:02pm On May 07, 2015
Noneroone:
But we have a president elect who believes drug offenders should face firing squad while terrorists should be granted amnesty.

in as much as im tempted to reply u in kind,,i dont exchange words with juvenile''s,,i nurture them.good night kiddy kiddy...
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by chamboy(m): 8:07pm On May 07, 2015
Noneroone:

mumu did he granted terrorist amnesty during his military tenure...all of dem should b executed
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 07, 2015
The countries that have the death penalty for drug traffic are INFESTED with drugs and drug users... you cant blame their govt for insisting on the death penalty.

1 Like

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by kingthreat(m): 8:10pm On May 07, 2015
Drugs can make a potential genius a braindead retard. As much as it's cruel to kill another man, I still support death penalty for
Drug Trafficking
Armed Robbery resulting in murder
Terrorism
Selling fake Drugs
Ritual Killing
Unnecessary murders

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal / Gambian Government’s Website Features Barrow As President / Donald Trump: Physicians Start Remdesivir Therapy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.