Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences (22570 Views)

Robert Mugabe Jnr Caught With Drugs In Dubai, Faced Death Penalty, Excecution / Indonesia Approves Castration, Death Penalty For Sex Offenders Targeting Childre / Iran Executed The Entire Male Population Of A Village For Drug Offences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by allanphash7(m): 8:16pm On May 07, 2015
Will you bet on me?
exthar87:
Just will yourself for specimen after the damage has bin done lol
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by noeloge82(m): 8:17pm On May 07, 2015
Talk is cheap why didn't he make all this statement when the son was arrested because now non of his relations is effected he now advocates death penalty what happened to life imprisonment with hard Labour/community services
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by nerodenero: 8:17pm On May 07, 2015
Has death penalty been able to reduce the number of drug traffickers? NO. If a measure is taken to correct an anomaly and that measure has not been able to correct this challenge, then an alternative means should be sought for.
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by israelpalatoe(m): 8:19pm On May 07, 2015
Spy next door.
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Strongfaze(m): 8:28pm On May 07, 2015
dooooshaaaaa for you Jackie Chan.
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by strongerthaneva(m): 8:32pm On May 07, 2015
Noneroone:
But we have a president elect who believes drug offenders should face firing squad while terrorists should be granted amnesty.

Mr go and sleep if have no comment..

1 Like

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by missionmex(m): 8:43pm On May 07, 2015
I will agree with him if those using the drugs are forced into it.
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Idrismusty97(m): 8:49pm On May 07, 2015
I support death penalty too...Anyone who doesn't shouldn't engage in drug trafficking at least in that country. Simple!
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by MRBrownJ: 8:58pm On May 07, 2015
in China, if you are caught with a small amount of drug, as a user you get a small sentence, its only the heavy drug dealers caught with big amount of drug used for selling it to addicts...... these are the ones that mostly get the death penalty, especially those caught importing the stuff into their country.

Jackie chan is not an hypocrite and therefore says what he believe is right, whether his son is a junkie or not.

3 Likes

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by InvertedHammer: 9:19pm On May 07, 2015
/
Nigerians are against death penalty for drug offenders because Nigeria has taken crime as a culture. They are surprised that there are countries that take their laws seriously.
It is known all over the world that Indonesia executes drug offenders. Yet Nigerians and other dirt-bags continue to take drugs over there to meet their Waterloo.

Indonesia should continue killing them.
/

2 Likes

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by MrPresident1: 9:35pm On May 07, 2015
Ishilove:
Remember Jackie Chan, that famous martial arts (Kung fu) actor of films like Drunken Master, Who Am I?, Mr Nice Guy, Rush Hour and so on? His films made a lot of us Kung fu fans while growing up. I remember signing up for martial arts class when I was 9. Lol. grin

Well, he has some pretty thought provoking things to say about drugs and drug offenders.

http://pulse.ng/movies/jackie-chan-actor-is-in-support-of-death-penalty-for-drug-offences-id3733711.html

He speaks with the heart of a father whose life has been touched on a personal level by drugs. If we are to be very objective and put all sentiments aside, would you say the death penalty for drug offences is not too harsh, especially when one looks at the whole matter holistically, vis the collateral damage to the lives of its users?

It is easy to be mesmerised by the filthy lucre, it is also easy to be indignant when the offenders are being led to the killing fields, it is easy to shout about human rights and mercy, but who is there to raise a voice for those addicts who's life have been completey destroyed by these drugs?

I am trying to be objective here, but do you agree with Jackie Chan? If a family member of mine was on death row for drug offences, I will vehemently disagree with Mr Chan and point out that there were other froms of punishment befitting of the crime, BUT if my son was a junkie who's life revolved around the high he would get from next hit of that potent white powder, if my daughter sells her body in order to be abe to pay for a fix, or overdoses and drops dead at the age of 25, I will speak the same words Jackie Chan has spoken.

Different strokes for different folks, Ishilove. I guess I would go with your choices too.
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by StOla: 10:10pm On May 07, 2015
Dronedude:
Chai, this Jackie chan son jacey don disgrace him papa sote the man wishes drug users like him dead. Now it is also clear why he son is not heir to his wealth but Jackie rather willed it to Charity.

To jacey, what a Waste

No country sentences drug users to death, rather they are considered the victims a la Jakie Chan's son.

The distributors and the peddlers are the perpetrators who are liable to the death penalty for providing the commodity.
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by StOla: 10:14pm On May 07, 2015
marioking:
I will decide to either support or rebuke him, if he stick by this word when his son's sentence is change to death penalty!

His son is the user and not the distributor, hence by law, his son is a victim. There is no jail term for drug use, he is only in jail because he was found in possession of it.

The distributors are the providers of the harmful substance, hence the death sentence specially prepared for them.
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by StOla: 10:22pm On May 07, 2015
UnknownT:
Guess his son is lucky he wasn't caught in one of them countries that issue death sentences to drug traffickers

His son is not a trafficker as you rightly termed it.

Even those countries do not apply the death penalty for possession (you're found with it in your house or car) or for usage, the death penalty is only reserved for those who provide the drugs to others (production, distribution/trafficking).

1 Like

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by HyDef(m): 10:23pm On May 07, 2015
"Remember Jackie Chan"

Really?? I don't think I can forget that man! Drunken Master 1 & 2! All the Police Story movies?
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Petermarshal(m): 10:25pm On May 07, 2015
Death penalty for Jaycee Chan nah! Heartless man.
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by HyDef(m): 10:32pm On May 07, 2015
I believe that if the death penalty is not enough deterrent for a man, then the man should not be indignant when he heads for the squad.

Crimes have punishments. Different punishments for different crimes.

There aren't so many more people committing murder. Why?

They know they'd go to jail for it. Probably for life.

Drug trafficking in some places has its own punishment. Respect that.

If you can't? So be it.
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by oluwasegun007(m): 10:51pm On May 07, 2015
You were busy throwing kicks but forgot to train ur son
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Octaves(m): 10:56pm On May 07, 2015
if he had trained his son well, he wouldn't have become a junkie. that's his failure as a father. I know I can never use cocaine or any hard drug for that matter no matter what. that's because as I was growing up, I was taught what was right and what was wrong. with the rate the son is going at, soon he too will arrested for drug dealing and we will know if Jackie chan still supports death penalty for drug dealers. I think people are getting too sentimental on this particular issue. every country has the right to make their own laws on drug trafficking but but common sense and modern standards show that death penalty is too harsh and disproportionate for the crime of unaggravated drug trafficking. people keep saying that drugs ruin innocent life's. let me tell you. those life's ain't innocent or else they wouldn't take drugs. the dealers didn't shove the drugs down their throat. they bought it and went ahead to ruin their lives by themselves. so are the architect of their misfortune. I lost a favourite person to drugs but I don't blame the dealers. I blame the person that bought and used the drugs knowing the consequences.
that said, drug trafficking is bad and I condemn it vehemently but penalties should be proportionate. death sentence should be reserved to the most heinous of crimes: first degree murder, terrorism, etc.
you don't shout death penalty because your child is a junkie or because you are sanctimonious.
my objective 2 cent

1 Like

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by darepoju(m): 11:18pm On May 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Why Jackie?...This ain't fair embarassed

A very lengthy jail term is Okay, But death?...I'm not in support of that.
lengthy jail term only make them worst ...drug barons are in prisons don't forget...

making drugs available on the street is part of the things influencing teenagers to abuse drugs..

its not like am supporting death penalty...
every one deserves a second Chance.

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by U2ice(m): 11:40pm On May 07, 2015
Chai I miss dis guy's movies...
Can we av anoda jackie?
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by oloyede252(m): 12:06am On May 08, 2015
yes death penalty, but who won play am
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Misterdhee1(m): 12:43am On May 08, 2015
Death penalty shud be encouraged more in our societies...Assasination, drug peddling, raping of a minor, shud attracts death penalties.. Wot pains me more is knowing these people are also human beings yet they take joy in hurting people of the same being...The crime rates in the world of recent, is very very disheartening.. Wondering ao these people grew up to love crimes so much!!!

1 Like

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by mpowa(m): 1:35am On May 08, 2015
MegMich:
What ever happens to life in prison.

Granted, lives are wasted and turned to vegetable, people should not be killed like fowls.

My thoughts tho!

You don't argue with people's laws, the laws are stated clearly before the offense is committed, therefore if you choose to go against it - It is actually SUICIDE.

Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Nobody: 4:35am On May 08, 2015
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Nobody: 6:28am On May 08, 2015
kingthreat:
Drugs can make a potential genius a braindead retard. As much as it's cruel to kill another man, I still support death penalty for
Drug Trafficking
Armed Robbery resulting in murder
Terrorism
Selling fake Drugs
Ritual Killing
Unnecessary murders
corruption resulting in death
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by Nobody: 9:13am On May 08, 2015
politricks:
Why not jackie?
You surely did not read the the write-up;

typical Nigerian!

Anyway his son was in jailed for drug related offences.

As an Asian, celebrity and concerned/affected-father -Why not Jackie
Re: Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences by politricks: 9:46am On May 08, 2015
oluwaseyi000:

You surely did not read the the write-up;

typical Nigerian!

Anyway his son was in jailed for drug related offences.

As an Asian, celebrity and concerned/affected-father -Why not Jackie
Sure you dont know the meaning of 'why not'. Go ask your elders the meaning before you spew nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Donald Trump: Physicians Start Remdesivir Therapy / Gambian Government’s Website Features Barrow As President / Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.