Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari (26226 Views)

Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders / Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB / Jonathan Fooled Ndigbo On 2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by jukaizer(m): 5:38am On May 08, 2015
…pleads for SGF position
By Levinus
Nwabughiogu
ABUJA—Ohanaeze Ndigbo Caretaker Committee, yesterday, told the President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, that President Jonathan lied to the Igbo nation about awarding contract for the construction of Second Niger bridge and major federal roads in the South East.

Listing Enugu-Awka-Onitsha Expressway and Enugu-Umuahia-Aba Expressway, the committee said that up till now, work was yet to start at the sites.

It added that no financial commitment had been made by the Federal Government to commence the construction of the Second Niger Bridge, saying that those were deceptive campaign messages to Ndigbo.

The committee made the revelation during its congratulatory visit to Buhari at the Defence House in Abuja.
The leader of the delegation, Chief Ralph

, who spoke on behalf of the Committee, however, told the President-elect that the South-east was a silent supporter of his presidential ambition.
He also stated that the region would fully support the incoming government to succeed, urging him to reconstruct Nigeria.

Revisitation of the report of Oputa Panel and the issue of abandoned property in the country were also other matters the committee presented before Buhari.

He said: “This is a delegation of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Caretaker Committee, who proudly took side with you, convinced that what Nigeria needs today is the leadership that you will provide to rebuild our battered and pulverised nation.

“The Ohanaeze Ndigbo Caretaker Committee is fully aware of the difficult and daunting work that has befallen on your shoulders. And we are here to offer our commitment that Ndigbo will stand shoulder to shoulder with you on this mission to reconstruct our nation.

“We are also aware that our cry of marginalization is not unique to our region, but ours stands out as an SOS case as a region criminally neglected and abandoned by the outgoing administration.

“During your campaign tours, you saw things for yourself and needless reminding Your Excellency that South-east is an emergency case. You drove through the badly neglected and impassable Enugu-Awka-Onitsha Expressway and the Enugu-Umuahia-Aba Expressway, needless to mention the Oba-Okigwe Highway.

“Contrary to the election claims by the outgoing administration, no appreciable work is going on these roads, information has shown that no financial arrangement has been firmed up for the Second Nigeria Bridge. The Oputa Panel report has been gathering dust and Ndigbo have pleaded for the revisitation of the so-called abandoned property in Nigeria and its collateral reparation demand.
“One common denominator is that unknown to a vast majority of Nigerians, Ndigbo were the silent majority supporters of General Muhammadu Buhari, GMB, but a twist of “what is wrong with Nigerian” electoral result cannot prove it.

Obioha also made a case for the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, to be ceded to the South-east.

“This body, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Caretaker Committee, is a baby conceived by Chris Ngige and delivered by Chief Mbazulike Ameachi and handed over to Ndigbo to check excesses of the people who were just agents of a pre-determined agenda.

“Your Excellency, you were aware that the South-east was targeted by the PDP rigging machine which produced an election result that denied the zone of even a single senator and only three non-ranking House of Representatives members.
“Ndigbo request that you adopt the principle of necessity to give the zone the position of Secretary to the Government of the Federation which is your prerogative and in addition, a position of one Presiding Officer in the House of Representatives,” he stated.

According to the leader, Buhari assured them of equity.

“He gave us assurance that he is going to treat the entire nation as his constituency for all and we believe him,” he said

Also speaking, a member of the delegation, Senator Chris Ngige said that though the party was yet to make a categorical statement on the issue of SGF, he was optimistic that it would eventually consider the South- east.

“Well, I was in the first delegation that came the last time, but we cannot say for now that our party has zoned the position of SGF to the South-east because we have a Senate committee that is still working on distribution of party offices, executive and that of legislature which is where we have the Senate President, Deputy Senate President, Speaker, Deputy Speaker of the House of the Representative as presiding officers.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/jonathan-deceived-ndigbo-on-2nd-niger-bridge-ohanaeze-tells-buhari/
Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:41am On May 08, 2015
This trash must be coming from APC faction of Ohanaze cos as far as am concerned, work is ongoing at the site of the project even as am typing this now..

55 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by focus7: 5:46am On May 08, 2015
Equalizer:
This trash must be coming from APC faction of Ohanaze cos as far as am concerned, work is ongoing at the site of the project even as am typing this now..
That you claim that work is ongoing at the site even as you type at 5:41am tell much that you enjoy living in self deception.

275 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by PresidentT(m): 5:49am On May 08, 2015
We told you about the scam called 2nd Niger Bridge. We told you is a pdp magic promise for earning Igbos votes. We told you not to support Jonathan based on his purported Azikwe name. The question we should ask ourselves is did Igbos fared better under Jonathan? Other than appointing his cronies who has little or no village value I really can't point to Igbos gains under his 6 years rule......... But again is all about choice.

111 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by focus7: 5:51am On May 08, 2015
One of the problem with the Igbos is that their voices are never one, while some go about identifying with new government to be install, we read yesterday of one of the leader berating those asking or begging Buhari for appointment for Igbos.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:51am On May 08, 2015
focus7:
That you claim that work is ongoing at the site even as you type at 5:41am tell much that you enjoy living in self deception.
Say what you know bro before i release Amadioha on you.. Are you in Onitsha? Do you know how Julius Berger work? Am telling you that diving operation is ongoing now and you doubting me... Come down here and verify for yourself..

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by PassingShot(m): 5:53am On May 08, 2015
This must be a big joke if true.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:54am On May 08, 2015
Really? And u voted for him massively again,instead of u to use ur vote to send a strong message to Nigerian politicians that u wont accept failure cry

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by raumdeuter: 5:54am On May 08, 2015
[size=15pt]President Goodluck Jonathan has promised to go on exile if he fails to build the Second Niger Bridge before completing his term in 2015.[/size]

The Nigerian leader made the promise in his remarks at a Town Hall Meeting held yesterday in the commercial city of Onitsha as part of activities marking his one-day visit to Anambra State. During the visit, Jonathan commissioned several projects, including the oil production facilities of Orient Petroleum at Aguleri, the massive SABMiller Brewery at Onitsha and the Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu Gateway in Onitsha

Speaking yesterday at the Town Hall Meeting, the Nigerian leader said that “when the first bridge was built, it was during the presidency of Nnamdi Azikiwe; the second Niger bridge will be built under the presidency of Azikiwe Jonathan.” [size=14pt]To further reassure the people, the President said he would go on exile on the completion of his term if he does not build the bridge.[/size]

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=234

71 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by Remarkable: 5:56am On May 08, 2015
Equalizer:

how can the same Ohaneze that said Igbo politicans begging Buhari for posts are a disgrace now complaining to Buhari

it seems a certain group of Igbo politicans and I agree with you its the APC loyalists that want to keep on disgracing Ndigbo by such useless lies.

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:59am On May 08, 2015
The stiff-necked jewish people of Nigeria that will never learn to admit to the truth grin

33 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by raumdeuter: 6:04am On May 08, 2015
No be today dem don dey deceive Ibos

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by jmichlins(m): 6:04am On May 08, 2015
ωє нανє вєιηg ɗυρєɗ ву σgα ʝσηα. вυт ησ вє σηℓу υѕ нιм ѕωιηɗℓє. тнє ωнσℓє ηιgєʀιαη ρєσρℓє єχċєρт уσυ αʀє ċσʀʀυρт ѕσσσ мυċн ℓιкє нιм. ρα вυнαʀι ησ ɗυρє υѕ ʝσιη. ℓєανє вєттєʀ ℓєgαċу ℓιкє уσυʀ ηαмє

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by Nobody: 6:05am On May 08, 2015
Remarkable:

how can the same Ohaneze that said Igbo politicans begging Buhari for posts are a disgrace now complaining to Buhari

it seems a certain group of Igbo politicans and I agree with you its the APC loyalists that want to keep on disgracing Ndigbo by such useless lies.
I don't know the GMT on your location now but I must insist that you take one bottle of orijin from Madam Sunshine on my behalf.. please don't tell me is too early to drink ooo cos its just my simple way of saying that your head is correct..

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by sagr(m): 6:09am On May 08, 2015
Dat was GEJ promise prior to 2011 election, did not complete it n yet dey voted for hm in 2015... hw ever I dont knw hw dat will pay my bills cry

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by AWONEYAN(m): 6:12am On May 08, 2015
Na 2day?
how many of his electoral promise did he fulfil?
I will build refinery..... all we have is long que in filling station
PMS now 87 ......... we will beg to buy at 120
I will create more jobs....but innocent job seekers scammed and some lost dia lives, but no one will be held responsible for this aberation.
Electricity will be stable.....but we now pay for high and crazy bill, with little or no supply.
I wont talk about security, safety on the roads, corruption e.t.c..........................

God we need you, please help GMB not to go the way of GEJ

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by SkyBlue1: 6:13am On May 08, 2015
And you still supported him and gave him your lump vote, are you not a contradiction? Slowly, the myopia of bigotry is beginning to clear from the eyes to allow some people to see . . . When he was still fully in power he was the best thing since sliced bread and now he is a disappointment. This cowardly culture of sycophancy needs to stop, we need to learn how to be brave and tell our leaders the truth instead of this 'any where belle face' politics. It is called integrity.

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by eazisky(m): 6:17am On May 08, 2015
Now, who are the back stabbers? he failed u yet u all voted him for 2nd term

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by dollarsplenty(m): 6:21am On May 08, 2015
OHANAEZE!!!

If TRULY Ohanaeze said this, they should be ashamed of themselves. with all the money and support the group got from GEJ, they cannot even wait till after GEJ leaves office before betraying him. They are the reasons why many people do not trust our eastern brothers.

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by sebali: 6:24am On May 08, 2015
Igbos have no shame, no dignity.
All dey do is run afta d govt. of d day
Jonathan lost and he is no longer their Hero.
Buhari won he is now there Friend. Igbos in disguised of many different names have visited buhari more dan any oda ethnic group since afta march 28th. Now d forgot hw dey cried and called dis same Buhari an Igbo murderer and hater.
IGBO POLITICS= NEVER OPPOSE THE MAN ON TOP.
WHAT A SHAME.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by phlemzy: 6:27am On May 08, 2015
Igbo chose to be fooled. Nigerians enmass chose not to be fooled for another 4years,hence their refusal to give him their mandate.

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by sebali: 6:27am On May 08, 2015
Remarkable:

Its an Igbo culture to be Shameless. Thats Y Ohaneze speaks from both sides of their mouth.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by Godfullsam(m): 6:32am On May 08, 2015
grin grin grin
Ndigbos don enter one chance for Gej hand.

The second Niger bridge is a big time SCAM cool

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by oluks05: 6:33am On May 08, 2015
Remarkable:

If they are APC loyalist then what is the "disgrace"? Buhari is the president-elect on APC platform! Frankly I think is the media that exaggerates this visits for the reasons we all know. I can bet Buhari gets visits from all sections of this country day in day out but the media just tend to more concerned with the groups they feel wld grab the headlines!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by Nobody: 6:35am On May 08, 2015
Jonathan is a fraud! How could his promises not end up as fraud?? grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by JingoOAU(m): 6:35am On May 08, 2015
Even at that, you lots still voted for him...

Why crying now when you have been scammed big time

I know some ignorant boys from the east will blast these elders frm their zone....cos to them, GEJ is first among equal and he can never do wrong

Walk out of thread...rubbish ohaneze...

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by BlackTechnology: 6:37am On May 08, 2015
We the true sons and daughters of the great Igbo nation remain loyal to

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

cool

oluks05:

If they are APC loyalist then what is the "disgrace"? Buhari is the president-elect on APC platform! Frankly I think is the media that exaggerates this visits for the reasons we all know. I can bet Buhari gets visits from all sections of this country day in day out but the media just tend to more concerned with the groups they feel wld grab the headlines!
Godfullsam:
grin grin grin
Ndigbos don enter one chance for Gej hand.
The second Niger bridge is a big time SCAM cool
sebali:

Its an Igbo culture to be Shameless. Thats Y Ohaneze speaks from both sides of their mouth.
phlemzy:
Igbo chose to be fooled. Nigerians enmass chose not to be fooled for another 4years,hence their refusal to give him their mandate.
eazisky:
Now, who are the back stabbers? he failed u yet u all voted him for 2nd term
SkyBlue1:
And you still supported him and gave him your lump vote, are you not a contradiction? Slowly, the myopia of bigotry is beginning to clear from the eyes to allow some people to see . . . When he was still fully in power he was the best thing since sliced bread and now he is a disappointment. This cowardly culture of sycophancy needs to stop, we need to learn how to be brave and tell our leaders the truth instead of this 'any where belle face' politics. It is called integrity.
raumdeuter:
No be today dem don dey deceive Ibos
Zoharariel:
The stiff-necked jewish people of Nigeria that will never learn to admit to the truth grin
Remarkable:

focus7:
One of the problem with the Igbos is that their voices are never one, while some go about identifying with new government to be install, we read yesterday of one of the leader berating those asking or begging Buhari for appointment for Igbos.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by omenka(m): 6:40am On May 08, 2015
Hehehehehehehehehe: gringrin
Lovely. cheesy
Scales are finally coming off the eyes! grin

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by veraponpo(m): 6:42am On May 08, 2015
I can't laugh ooooh.

Ndigbo learning politics since 1967.

Ahahahahahah

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by omenka(m): 6:45am On May 08, 2015
Jonathan promised to go on exile if he doesn't complete the bridge before the end of his first tenure. www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=234

Is the bridge complete?? Is it gonna be completed before 29th of this month?? Will Jonathan go on exile??

Smh.

26 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by Nobody: 6:46am On May 08, 2015
i dont know why apc and buhari are trying so hard to desstroy gej credibility[quote
author=Equalizer post=33527853]This trash must be coming from APC
faction of Ohanaze cos as far as am concerned, work is ongoing at the
site of the project even as am typing this now..[/quote]
Re: Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari by gabriel212: 6:48am On May 08, 2015
I doubt this report. the igbo leaders will never called gej drunkard nor deceptive. I mean this days will need to check the authenticity of news from our media houses before commenting coz of their late mis representation or misquoting.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Danjuma Goje Declares Support For President Muhamad Buhari 2nd Term Bid / Lepers To President Buhari: You Abandoned Us After Helping You Win Elections / Abia State Concludes Re-run Election Except In Umunneochi LGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.