Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Car Goes Off When Climbing A Pavement - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Goes Off When Climbing A Pavement (1127 Views)

Pls My Car Slow Down Sometimes When Climbing A Hill Road, / Shelby Celebrates 50 Years Of Super Snake With 750-hp Pavement Pounder [pics] / My Car moves Reluctantly When Climbing Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Goes Off When Climbing A Pavement by eniyanpataki: 5:50am On May 08, 2015
Dear Nairalanders,

Kindly help with expert opinions on this issue:

I drive a 2003 toyota, i noticed 2 days ago when climbing the pavement at the entrance of my house (it is a bit steep) that the car engine just went off on its own. I started the engine again and was able to move it around afterwards. Yesterday, while leaving the house again, as i reversed on this same steep surface , the engine also went off, i started the engine again and drove all the way to the office and back without any issue. In recent times, i also notice that the car's response time is a bit high when accelerating after a brief moment in traffic, the rpm also goes up suddenly when doing the acceleration. What problem could this be suggesting? I plan to do a scan this weekend though, but would like to get opinions so as to guide on areas to check
Re: Car Goes Off When Climbing A Pavement by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:43am On May 08, 2015
eniyanpataki:
Dear Nairalanders,

Kindly help with expert opinions on this issue:

I drive a 2003 toyota highlander, i noticed 2 days ago when climbing the pavement at the entrance of my house (it is a bit steep) that the car engine just went off on its own. I started the engine again and was able to move it around afterwards. Yesterday, while leaving the house again, as i reversed on this same steep surface , the engine also went off, i started the engine again and drove all the way to the office and back without any issue. In recent times, i also notice that the car's response time is a bit high when accelerating after a brief moment in traffic, the rpm also goes up suddenly when doing the acceleration. What problem could this be suggesting? I plan to do a scan this weekend though, but would like to get opinions so as to guide on areas to check

You are on the right track, scan first and post the codes here.

I will provide a free scan and consultancy if you are in lagos. If not just scan and post codes here.

Re: Car Goes Off When Climbing A Pavement by eniyanpataki: 7:04am On May 08, 2015
Thanks a million
Re: Car Goes Off When Climbing A Pavement by eniyanpataki: 9:17am On May 08, 2015
k
Re: Car Goes Off When Climbing A Pavement by eniyanpataki: 7:02pm On May 08, 2015
i want more opinions
Re: Car Goes Off When Climbing A Pavement by 9icetoo(m): 7:06pm On May 08, 2015
Any other opinion will be a blind guess. Like Gazzuz said, scan and post codes and it will be sorted. He even gave you a free pass if you are in lagos
Re: Car Goes Off When Climbing A Pavement by DECOtech(m): 7:56am On May 10, 2015
eniyanpataki:
i want more opinions

Scanning is a step in the right direction. but you MIGHT not get any results in the case of a

1. weakening fuel pump,
2. dirty air filter,
3. clogged fuel filter
4. low engine compression.
5. fouling spark plugs

Those are things to look out for in case the scanner tells you "NO DTC"

1 Like

Re: Car Goes Off When Climbing A Pavement by AutoCarTracker(m): 12:15am On May 11, 2015
There are several issues that can lead to this scenerio, it scanning shows up some codes, follow it accordingly and diagnosize. most likely you will have a weak spark plugs, clogged air filter, clogged injectors and some issues connected to your fuel supply system. track blockage from the fuel pump underneat the tank to the injector hose at the engine hood. you will find some faults.

(1) (Reply)

Drove With Hand Brake Up / Urgent Request For Oxygen Sensor Defouler / Advice On 2014 Kia Rio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.