Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) (37803 Views)

Lawrence Mukiibi, Ugandan Billionaire 30 Children At His Funeral (Photos) / Zimbabwean Prostitutes Twerk At Funeral Service Of Their Colleague (Pics, Video) / Guys Pose For Selfie With Their Dead Friend During His Funeral. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by Tberry01(f): 2:18pm On May 08, 2015
RIP
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by tyson99(m): 2:20pm On May 08, 2015
MOUA:
Ghanaian man who dresses in a suit to hawk water melon around Madina in Ghana's capital ( photo )
see more photo >>http://www.mouaue.com/2015/05/ghanaian-man-who-dresses-in-suit-to.html
RIP
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by mbulela: 2:25pm On May 08, 2015
Just like that, SLY is gone.
Same way that Kirk of Smooth FM left the building a while back.
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by opribo(m): 2:29pm On May 08, 2015
A great guy has gone too soon, Sly was a voice i loved to listen to, he was very jovial and very friendly even on radio, one could feel his liveliness in his voice and presentations, although i never met him in person but his voice on radio was very welcoming. He never made any unnecessary comments on radio. He was always on point. Good people dont last. I am very sure bad people must have cut him down because of his bright stars and envy. Young people dont die they are killed by something. They say on radio that he died of backbone infection how is that possible. An ideal OAP not like some OAPs that will be talking off point.

It is well sleep well bro till we meet again to part no more. Adios SLY

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by andepower: 2:33pm On May 08, 2015
May God rest his soul peacefully with the Saints of God
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by debetmx(m): 2:37pm On May 08, 2015
Am really gonna miss this guy. I thought he had probably left classic fm when I did not hear him for sometime. His combination with Buki and JD on FPN was out of this world. Always called JD Jimi two times. No disrespect to the new guy, Yinka but he can never be SLY. Rest in peace bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 08, 2015
ZACHIE:

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/ripp

a handful of grain

A grain of wheat must fall to the ground to beget more lives.

RIP, Father Sly.

RIPP: rest in perfect peace undecided
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by madjune(m): 2:40pm On May 08, 2015
opribo:
A great guy has gone too soon, Sly was a voice i loved to listen to, he was very jovial and very friendly even on radio, one could feel his liveliness in his voice and presentations, although i never met him in person but his voice on radio was very welcoming. He never made any unnecessary comments on radio. He was always on point. Good people dont last. I am very sure bad people must have cut him down because of his bright stars and envy. Young people dont die they are killed by something. They say on radio that he died of backbone infection how is that possible. An ideal OAP not like some OAPs that will be talking off point.

Can you listen to yourself talk?
See a you wan sow the seeds of conspiracy theory here without basis.
And, you want people to start thinking his colleagues at work killed him?

So young people don't die again from natural causes?
Or are you related to Mama Adebayor wey see everthn as juju?

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by Ezeanna: 2:42pm On May 08, 2015
RIP sly
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by fairheven: 2:46pm On May 08, 2015
Actually tot he went on leave bcon FBN was a bit boring without the regular jokes involving SLY ,BUKKY an Mr Jimmy,only to hear he is dead.lord have mercy! Really feel for his lovely daughter,similar to wat happened to charlse B
The most important thin is to live a life of significance as we can die any moment .RIP SLY
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by georgee(m): 2:49pm On May 08, 2015
Daaaaamn..I'm gonna miss this guy..SLY..RIP Man cry cry cry
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by fairheven: 2:49pm On May 08, 2015
opribo:

You r right ..he was cut down not by man but by spinal cord infection

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 08, 2015
RIP Sly.....it has been very difficult for me to refer to you in the past tense...

Such an amazing radio personality.....I would always remember that your voice on the morning papers review with Bukky and JD.
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 08, 2015
opribo:

Absolutely true.
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by Memphis357(m): 3:05pm On May 08, 2015
My saturday mornings will never be the same without him hosting "Rap and Hip Hop Classics".......
Adieu,my fellow Commando!
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by dyabman(m): 3:08pm On May 08, 2015
I never heard about this , probably cos i don't live in lagos anymore .. O' Sly may your soul rest in peace. I miss you cry
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by VolvoS60(m): 3:18pm On May 08, 2015
sad

Rest in Peace, Sly.
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 08, 2015
moscobabs:
Gbogbo emi pata lo ma to iku wo

RIP
Na soup?

RIP
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by nereiskc(m): 3:24pm On May 08, 2015
debetmx:
Am really gonna miss this guy. I thought he had probably left classic fm when I did not hear him for sometime. His combination with Buki and JD on FPN was out of this world. Always called JD Jimi two times. No disrespect to the new guy, Yinka but he can never be SLY. Rest in peace bro.

I felt like crying upon seeing this news, am a fan of sly, buki & jimi on Front page news & analysis every morning. I have been wondering why, I hv not been hearing his & buki's voice, one mind was like he is on leave, oh dear sly rest in peace. Now I know better, buki, jimi & classic FM crew take heart. Miss u bro
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by tunde202(m): 3:47pm On May 08, 2015
am going to miss this dude....RAP ND HIP-HOP listeners are going to feel the vacuum.
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by BornnAgainChild(f): 3:54pm On May 08, 2015
MOUA:
Ghanaian man who dresses in a suit to hawk water melon around Madina in Ghana's capital ( photo )
see more photo >>http://www.mouaue.com/2015/05/ghanaian-man-who-dresses-in-suit-to.html

Work-Chop
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by BornnAgainChild(f): 3:54pm On May 08, 2015
May the dead R.I.P
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by appini: 3:57pm On May 08, 2015
Sly my guy.

May your soul rest in peace.
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by ugsams(m): 3:57pm On May 08, 2015
rest in peace bro... My condolence goes to the bereaved ones.
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by Ologunjude(m): 4:05pm On May 08, 2015
RIP Sly. Your stay was short but many souls were touched across the country and even beyond. The Almighty God has you sitter in heaven as I write and will take good care of your family, Amen.
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by Dubemkelly(m): 4:18pm On May 08, 2015
rutemi:
who's sly
I'm sure u dont know him but u gatta pretend like you do...You saw the topic yet asking silly question...Joking about everything aint a cool stuff niggur! Grow up and strive to be a better person u were yesterday.
Condolence to his wife and the two kids he left behind. Farewell SLY! 1978 -2015

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by hardbody: 4:20pm On May 08, 2015
debetmx:

I have never stopped stopped listening to FPN ever since they started (except on Mondays when JD is usually not in to co-analyze). Having said that and appreciating SLY and Bukki, I think it is not fair to start comparing Yemi with SLY. I already have my views about Yemi but I am certain that there is no need for that comparison, at least not yet. Yemi will learn the ropes and get the grips soon enough.

Interestingly it is only on FPN that i ever bothered to listen to SLY, and mostly when Jimi 2 times is there.

I regret missing the night of songs yesterday, i simply forgot and to think a walk from my office to the venue is less than 3 minutes. I simply could not have attended his burial, i hate that axis of Lagos and it was certainly going to be rowdy and urchins will surely have a field day.

May God encourage his young widow and little kids.
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by BOUNTYDOG(m): 4:24pm On May 08, 2015
Israel5:
Nevr hrd of him or dat classic fm. Adieu sha

Ooops its my favorite station
Playing every song u know
That's classic fm
All classic songs
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by 3kay945(m): 4:27pm On May 08, 2015
embarassed cry
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by Bowaley17(m): 4:43pm On May 08, 2015
Rip
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by mmmmm1: 4:53pm On May 08, 2015
Know moree on business on www.pagereading..com
Re: Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) by BiniShrine(m): 5:27pm On May 08, 2015
REST WELL WITH THE LORD BABA SLY.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Meee Maureensylvia / Oyinbo Guys Dance At Nigerian Wedding & Stole The Show (Video) / Lola Ariztos Celebrates Her 30th Birthday On The Streets Of New Orleans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.