Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,171 members, 7,807,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland (10034 Views)

Mother Beating Her 16-Year-Old Daughter For Sharing After Sex Photos On Fb [VIDE / The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / A Wife Sent Her Hubby A Shocking Birthday Message After Beating Her Mercilessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 9:48pm On May 08, 2015
Some women on this thread pouting like their candy was just taken from them grin

It's simple really; If you dont want to get beat then don't be aggressive!
Be a gentle lady and we men will help beat up the man that dares raise his hand against you.

But behave like a b1tch and u get b1tch-slapped grin
Even francistony agrees with me on this one grin

By the way, a lot of ladies above me are feminists. I thought feminism was all about equality of the sexes?
"Men and women are exactly the same, whatever behavioural pattern they exibit is from societal conditioning" right?
So if men and women are the same then there is no need to argue about this.

If a man punches you,
you simply punch him back!
That's fair innit! grin

2 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 9:50pm On May 08, 2015
freecocoa:
A rather insensitive and stup1d one.
Just like hitting a man and expecting not to be hit back is INSENSITIVE and STUP1D grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 9:52pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

Just like hitting a man and expecting not to be hit back is INSENSITIVE and STUP1D grin grin grin
Where did I say it's okay to hit a man?
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 9:56pm On May 08, 2015
freecocoa:
Where did I say it's okay to hit a man?
When you joined the group saying, "there is no justification for hitting a woman" wink

3 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 10:02pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

When you joined the group saying, "there is no justification for hitting a woman" wink
I have said times without number that, anyone who hits, shouldn't complain if hit back, I don't see it as hitting a woman, it is simply a case of two fighting and as such is not in the category of what's being discussed here.

Don't tell lies against me biko.

5 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:
By the way, a lot of ladies above me are feminists. I thought feminism was all about equality of the sexes?
"Men and women are exactly the same, whatever behavioural pattern they exibit is from societal conditioning" right?

If a man punches you,
That's fair innit! grin
Equality isn't about having equal power.

ALL men are equal, does that mean if Floyd Maywhether punch, you'll reitaliate? grin

All women are equal, does that mean some women aren't stronger than some?.

There's gender inequality, does that mean there's no woman that can beat you? Abeg, deceive yourself.

4 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 10:06pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:
Some women on this thread pouting like their candy was just taken from them grin

It's simple really; If you dont want to get beat then don't be aggressive!
Be a gentle lady and we men will help beat up the man that dares raise his hand against you.

But behave like a b1tch and u get b1tch-slapped grin
Even francistony agrees with me on this one grin

If a man punches you,
That's fair innit! grin
So people should go about maiming themselves to prove men and women are equal? That's really smart.

2 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by cococandy(f): 10:08pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

You analysed a joke thinking it was an "argument"?
Seriously? grin

Because you were caught yarning dust it has turned into a joke. grin

We all know it was a joke. I've read it online several times.
A Silly joke subtly meant to imply that tolerating nonsense is the best way to avoid getting beat up.

By the way what about my post concerns feminism? Asking a drunk to get help?

Anti-feminism or a way to portray madness?

6 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 10:08pm On May 08, 2015
freecocoa:
I have said times without number that, anyone who hits, shouldn't complain if hit back, I don't see it as hitting a woman, it is simply a case of two fighting and as such is not in the category of what's being discussed here.

Don't tell lies against me biko.
kindly explain what is being discussed here then...
Cos I am yet to see any thread where guys were encouraging hitting on a woman for no reason at all.
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 10:10pm On May 08, 2015
FrancisTony:

Equality isn't about having equal power.

ALL men are equal, does that mean if Floyd Maywhether punch, you'll reitaliate? grin

All women are equal, does that mean some women aren't stronger than some?.

There's gender inequality, does that mean there's no woman that can beat you? Abeg, deceive yourself.
Ok, so you are saying men and women are not equal, then?

And @bolded, guy speak for yourself. I think a lot of the ladies here will disagree with you on this point.
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 10:13pm On May 08, 2015
freecocoa:
So people should go about maiming themselves to prove men and women are equal? That's really smart.
Just tryn ta find a solution to the problem ma'm wink
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 10:15pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

kindly explain what is being discussed here then...
Cos I am yet to see any thread where guys were encouraging hitting on a woman for no reason at all.
What we are discussing is, hitting a woman because you say she is verbally abusive, hence my saying that, physical abuse, is not justified because you were verbally abused.

4 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

Ok, so you are saying men and women are not equal, then?

And @bolded, guy speak for yourself. I think a lot of the ladies here will disagree with you on this point.
Equal power? I meant strength.

Men and women are equal.
Individuals are not equal.

Some men can't do tedious work some women are doing and vice versa.

6 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 10:18pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

Just tryn ta find a solution to the problem ma'm wink
The solution is everyone should keep their hands to themselves, and should your partner be verbally abusive, get them some help, therapy/counseling works.
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 10:31pm On May 08, 2015
freecocoa:
What we are discussing is, hitting a woman because you say she is verbally abusive, hence my saying that, physical abuse, is not justified because you were verbally abused.
@bolded, I'm curious, why not?
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 10:32pm On May 08, 2015
FrancisTony:

Equal power? I meant strength.

Men and women are equal.
Individuals are not equal.

Some men can't do tedious work some women are doing and vice versa.
So are you saying on average that men and women have equal strength?

1 Like

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by cococandy(f): 10:32pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

@bolded, why not?
see question angry

Oya go and slap everyone that insults you.

1 Like

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 10:33pm On May 08, 2015
cococandy:
see question angry

Oya go and slap everyone that insults you.
In other words you dont know the answer grin

1 Like

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by cococandy(f): 10:35pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

grin
Gosh.
First he said equality isn't about equal power.
You thought he meant 'political-heirachy' power.
He said he meant strength.
Meaning equality isn't about equal physical strength and you're asking if he means men and women have equal strength.
Lol

1 Like

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 10:35pm On May 08, 2015
freecocoa:
The solution is e[s]veryone should keep their hands to themselves[/s], and should your partner be verbally abusive, get them some help, therapy/counseling works.
Well, why can't the solution be "everyone should keep their insults to themselves"?
That might be a faster solution, dont you think?

2 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by bennyrazz: 10:36pm On May 08, 2015
in as much as I don't support beating or caining cheesy a woman, I think everyone knows the fact that some women have caustic mouth. Just like someone suggested a little slap will do the magic by resetting their mendula oblangata. I think you can only try that in Africa especially Nigeria, do not try outside the shores of Africa. I wish men that beat their wives good luck until the day you kill her which I pray you do not. Repent fast fast. Overall, put yourself in the woman's shoe, how would you feel if it was you that was beaten? I agree that some men beat their wives mistakenly out of anger but I feel you can always overcome your anger by taking a stroll when you wife begins to misbehave/rant. How would you feel if another man was beating your sister?
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 10:38pm On May 08, 2015
cococandy:
grin
Gosh.
First he said equality isn't about equal power.
You thought he meant 'political-heirachy' power.
He said he meant strength.
Meaning equality isn't about equal physical strength and you're asking if he means men and women have equal strength.
Lol
Your mind-reading abilities suck.
I thought he meant equal power, as in physical power. He went on to specify strength and i decided to ask the same question using 'strength' instead.

Do you feel men and women have equal strength?
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by cococandy(f): 10:39pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

In other words you dont know the answer grin
I've answered. Violence is not a response to verbal assault.

If you won't hit someone bigger or physically stronger than you or someone who can retaliate and defend themselves match for match with you when they insult you, then why hit someone else.

Men who hit women do that because they percieve they are weaker and seek to suppress them.
Women who hit men do so because they believe the men can't retaliate hence they hope toget away with the violence.

There's something wrong with such sick mindsets.

4 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by cococandy(f): 10:41pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

Your mind-reading abilities suck.
I thought he meant equal power, as in physical power. He went on to specify strength and i decided to ask the same question using 'strength' instead.

Do you feel men and womoen have equal strength?

Maybe you made a typo but you asked two different questions. But that's by the way.

No men and women don't have equal strength angry
What's with you and funny questions today.
On average men are physically stronger than women.

Ok ask me the color of the sky.
It Is blue grin

1 Like

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:
No.
Just reminding you not ALL women are weak or weaker vessel.

1 Like

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 10:42pm On May 08, 2015
bennyrazz:
in as much as I don't support beating or caining cheesy a woman, I think everyone knows the fact that some women have caustic mouth. Just like someone suggested a little slap will do the magic by resetting their mendula oblangata. I think you can only try that in Africa especially Nigeria, do not try outside the shores of Africa. I wish men that beat their wives good luck until the day you kill her which I pray you do not. Repent fast fast. Overall, put yourself in the woman's shoe, how would you feel if it was you that was beaten? I agree that some men beat their wives mistakenly out of anger but I feel you can always overcome your anger by [b]taking a stroll when you wife begins to misbehave/rant. [/b]How would you feel if another man was beating your sister?

So are you saying it is a "normal" thing for wives to rant?
And it is not a normal thing for a guy to strike?

Why accept an abnormality of misbehaviour in one sex and deprive reprisal from another sex? Isnt that hypocrisy?

2 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 10:43pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

@bolded, why not?
Firstly, understand that I'm in no way supporting verbal abuse, all forms of abuse should be avoided, having said that, physical abuse is not justified because, more damage is done with physical abuse and a person who is physically abusive is often times also verbally abusive but the same can't be said for a verbally abusive person.
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 10:45pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

Well, why can't the solution be "everyone should keep their insults to themselves"?
That might be a faster solution, dont you think?
That can also be said but what a person calls 'insult' can actually turn out not to be an insult, insult is subjective but a slap isn't.
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 10:46pm On May 08, 2015
cococandy:
I've answered. Violence is not a response to verbal assault.

If you won't hit someone bigger or physically stronger than you or someone who can retaliate and defend themselves match for match with you when they insult you, then why hit someone else.

Men who hit women do that because they percieve they are weaker and seek to suppress them.
Women who hit men do so because they believe the men can't retaliate hence they hope toget away with the violence.

There's something wrong with such sick mindsets.
Exactly, we are in synch now! If you won't walk up to an agbero with a chest the size of a trailer to insult him then why do same with your husband at home? Women who abuse their husbands until he strikes should have no one to blame but themselves.

WE AGREE! Muhahahahahahaha grin

5 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 10:48pm On May 08, 2015
cococandy:

Maybe you made a typo but you asked two different questions. But that's by the way.

No men and women don't have equal strength angry
What's with you and funny questions today.
On average men are physically stronger than women.

Ok ask me the color of the sky.
It Is blue grin

First off, the sky is colourless. it is the arcing of the light spectrum from the sun unto vapour filled clouds that give the blue colour. tongue

Secondly, be patient with me a bit...but why dont men and women have equal strength? Any idea?

3 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by pussyphilia(m): 10:49pm On May 08, 2015
I am gonna train my girls to be stronger than men. From age 5 I will enroll them in good martial arts training centers. Any nigga that tries to mess with them will get the beating of his life.
I am dead serious!

4 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by bennyrazz: 10:56pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

So are you saying it is a "normal" thing for wives to rant?
And it is not a normal thing for a guy to strike?

Why accept an abnormality of misbehaviour in one sex and deprive reprisal from another sex? Isnt that hypocrisy?
wives/women do have mood swings especially when it is their time of the month or when pregnant etc so as a man at times you just have to be patient or if you cannot, you are free to torture her emotionally. Trust me, no woman can stand emotional torture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Decribe A Perfect Life / List Of Animals That Have Gone Extinct In Our Lifetime / WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.