Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? (2301 Views)

Forex Speculators From Benin Republic, Ghana, Others Invade Nigeria For Profits / Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers / Sky Shelter Fund: To Invest Or Not To Invest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? by holyghost(m): 3:55pm On Oct 14, 2005
Are China, India and other Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade?

If you want to invest: you bring to creation what is lacking: e.g mega industries, modern transport system andstate of the act technologies.

But if you are to invade: you bring to creation compromised and complex measures: unskilled and cheap marketers to take up the few jobs we have, slave like camp as industries, and cheap or obsolete technologies/goods worst still the profit is moved out of the country under the guise of purchasing capital for raw material and equipment.

My people are we going for the second slavery? Or just let us know the merit and demerit of so call foreign investment/invasion

abi "our Leaders still dey follow follow"?... Fela (true prophet of our time)
Re: Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? by skima(m): 10:04pm On Oct 14, 2005
I still can't imagine their present in the country. They sell substandard products,make our local product less purchased.

Our govt only collected money with any consideration on the already local market.(especial clothing and texile).
Re: Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? by DEKING3(m): 5:20pm On Oct 15, 2005
Honestly I've also taken a look at some of these people and discovered that most of them are invaders rather than investors. They are simply opportunists who prey on the opportunity of the ignorance and lack of sensitivity on the masses by our leaders.

I wouldn't really blame them but our govt who collect money and give out licences and sell some of our companies to them without monitoring what they are doing. The most annoying part is the way they treat our people who work for them.
Re: Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? by obong(m): 11:49pm On Oct 15, 2005
invaders. Our leaders our selling ou people out, much the same wya they did during slavery
Re: Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? by kazey(m): 11:20am On Oct 16, 2005
hmm Asian tigers invading Nigeria?

Common they are just helping out for the meantime tongue, you can deport them anytime.
Re: Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? by holyghost(m): 11:56pm On Oct 17, 2005
@kazey it is not that simple, the buy up the economy and dectect your politics then your policy then have more right over u that how the colonised our fathers in the past nag our leaders now capish?
Re: Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? by kazey(m): 11:30am On Oct 18, 2005
han what are you saying? Asians are just after money, and most of them don't even what the big part. They just want to satisfy their niche. Thats all. So you are telling me that Nigeria does not welcome Foreign Investors or Foreign Workers, common be real, we need them. As I said you can kick their ass out anytime.
Re: Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? by Seun(m): 2:34pm On Oct 18, 2005
I love that perspective, because in this case it suits us: the government is always in control, because they have the military to enforce the wishes of the people. Foreign investors are welcome as long as they plan to spend and re-invest their wealth within the country. If they are here to effectively take capital out of the country, then that would be a problem.
Re: Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? by otokx(m): 10:10am On Oct 19, 2005
they are investors, here in choba, Port Harcourt they have such industries as horizon fibres and De united foods producers of indomie.
Re: Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? by holyghost(m): 6:30pm On Oct 19, 2005
am not against good investors mark you.
it's the activities of the bad ones which i know are in majority is in question here, since our Govt. are not enforcing the need law to cheek their excesses
Re: Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? by kazey(m): 12:43am On Oct 20, 2005
I think the US and Uk, should do the same thing in the case of Nigerians. cheesy
Re: Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? by kodewrita(m): 6:25pm On Oct 20, 2005
I believe every foreign company in Nigeria is here for their own piece of the pie. It makes no difference whether they are yellow, white or black. its all the same. the same governors who would not give free land to nigerian citizens are now chasing the expelled zimbabwean whites like naked women.

I believe we should use the West( and East) for our own ends not the other way round.
Re: Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? by Hero(m): 8:10am On Dec 29, 2005
http://odili.net/news/source/2005/dec/28/443.html

According to the link up top the Nigeria government isn't as gullible as some present them to be. As you can see, they chose the Chinese to build their communications satellite due to the fact of that they were the only ones to agree to a transfer of information/knowledge in the process of developing the satellite. While they build the satellite, 50 Nigerian engineers are right there watching and learning their every move so that they'll first of all.... know how to operate the satellite once it's launched and secondly allow Nigeria to develop its own satellites in the future.
Re: Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? by LoverBwoy(m): 5:50am On Dec 31, 2005
Ermm its called investment as theysay what u do with knowledge is important!! they come with their dollars we smile n rub our belly they laugh n speak english with funny accent.....bombard u with million dollar dis million dollar dat...why do u think Borishade n co are hangin on!!!

they are "investing" in our country....maybe with a sharper angle but thats what investment is all about ...what u can GAIN FROM IT its not charity afterall we have nigerian companies that can do some of this job!! not all but majorty of them or even make them partner wih local companies!!

there are some nigerian companies employing oyinbo.....!!!
Re: Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? by larger20(m): 6:33pm On Jan 01, 2006
Nigerian mums, u know urself if u belong to this group. They are called investors. Every country welcomes investors because they contribute to the development of a country.

Why are we chasing away the ones we have? Do you think we are going anywhere without investors and why do you expect them to give you bundles of their dollars if you dont worth it? Why do you expect them to threat you like a king when you cannot manage larger financial account? Why do you expect them to trust you when over 80% of our government is currupt. Nigeria is still in the top 5 in the world curroption index according to the transperancy international. People investing in nigeria are advised and cautioned against fraudulent people so u do be happy and welcome these men for God for-saken sake and for their risk to invest in our ravaged corrupt nation
Re: Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? by LoverBwoy(m): 4:03pm On Feb 08, 2006
Re: Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? by walemuse(m): 4:21pm On Feb 08, 2006
In my opinion they are invaders, their deals are shady.why can't we look inward and encourage our innovations in this country rather than being a dump site for the rest of the world
Re: Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? by larger20(m): 1:18am On Feb 12, 2006
240 Naira per day? that is less than 2$ per day and what is the nigerian government doing about this?
Re: Are the Asian Tigers in Nigeria to Invest or to Invade? by LagBlogger(m): 2:52am On Nov 07, 2011
I guess they are here to do both

(1) (Reply)

Sending Money To America / Brand New Bulldozer, Excavator, Payloader, Grader, Roller, Carrier For Sale / John Holt Plc To Auction Itself For N3 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.