Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

The African Who Bruised Mayweather - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The African Who Bruised Mayweather (818 Views)

Anthony Joshua Pictured With Floyd Mayweather And Crew / Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? / Arsenal Forward Alexis Sanchez Shares Pics Of His Severely Bruised Ankle Injury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The African Who Bruised Mayweather by hayoakins(m): 1:15pm On May 08, 2015
The trainer told the hard punching young hopeful from Africa that Floyd ‘Money’ Mayweather was a coward who would run if you hit him hard enough. He was wrong.

Phillip Ndou, from Thohoyandou in Limpopo in northern South Africa, was the only African to fight Mayweather. In Grand Rapids Michigan in the United States, in 2003, Ndou became the 13th victim in Mayweather’s run of 47 unbeaten fights.

Ndou’s 33rd fight ended in a technical knockout in the seventh round. Mayweather, with fast fists of fury, proved more courageous than cowardly.

In January 2014, a 37-year-old Ndou met Mayweather for the first time in 13 years over a dinner table. It was at a gala dinner for Mayweather at Emperors Palace, the boxing mecca of Johannesburg. It proved excruciating for Ndou, who is still coming back from brain damage he suffered in a fight in 2004.

In the middle of the event, sports commentator Robert Marawa, the master of ceremonies, called Ndou on stage to meet Mayweather.

“There’s a gentleman in the audience by the name of Phillip Ndou, I believe you know him, I believe you punched him, I believe you knocked him out,” Marawa said to Mayweather.

On stage, Ndou asked Mayweather for a rematch, but the American brushed him off with respect.

“If you wanna be the best, you gotta fight the best. That particular time he was one of the tough guys. He put pressure on me, he bruised me,” said Mayweather of Ndou.

[img]http://www.cnbcafrica.com/ImageGen.ashx?image=/media/18752428/boxing-gloves_-_foodielovesfitness.jpg&crop=resize&height=160&Compression=75&width=240[/img]

http://www.cnbcafrica.com/news/special-report/2015/04/30/pacquiao-mayweather-ndou/
Re: The African Who Bruised Mayweather by bigsam2010: 1:47am On May 09, 2015
There is a secret of how to win a sportbet, that most stakers does not know. Most people want to win big at once, while I always take my time to calculate very well and win little day-by-day.

After all my researches and calculations, I found MERRYBET to be the best to make cool money among all other sportbet companies.

Follow me on my Merrybet Link (http://www./Odds/registration/affiliate197881), create, fund your account and let us begin a cool deal.

I wish you the best of luck.
Re: The African Who Bruised Mayweather by Keavei7: 5:41pm On May 15, 2015
Re: The African Who Bruised Mayweather by Moarek5k: 6:42pm On May 23, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea Community Shield Highlights Download / U-20 And GIWA Fc Goalkeeper And Girlfriend / WWE Monday Night Raw 23 November 2015 All Matches Result Roman Reigns Vs Rusev H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.