Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires (153813 Views)

The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks / Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) / 6 Lovely Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by visapayless: 1:42pm On May 09, 2015
Y grin grin grin grin ;Des but the husband looks like indianmi
shikaan:
my sister's traditional wedding
i think she looks beautiful!!
cry cry cryam surely going to miss her....
Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by Ihuomadinihu: 1:44pm On May 09, 2015
cutietokunbo:

Lies from pit of hell. It has been part of Scottish cultural values which was brought to Nigeria during their missionary sojourn.
Akwaocha,Akwete and so many others were here before any Scottish man you are taking about. Don't let ancient pictures deceive you.
Besides,nudity is akin to man irrespective of geographical location. It doesn't signify development. Most of the world's greatest civilization cherished little or no clothes from Mespotamia to Indus valley to Egypt to Rome sef!

1 Like

Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by mmmmm1: 1:45pm On May 09, 2015
We’re ready to hand over on May 29 read more on www.pagereading.com
Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by Omotayor123(f): 1:45pm On May 09, 2015
Ethiopia own get as he be.....
Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by Idrismusty97(m): 1:49pm On May 09, 2015
HAUSA-FULANI

2 Likes

Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by LeSudAfricaine: 2:02pm On May 09, 2015
Xhosa, South Africa
Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by cutietokunbo: 2:05pm On May 09, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

This is such a beautiful thread,this Saturday morning. It's a bit irresponsible trying to kick up tribal issues.
Yes,Yoruba rock their World.
Igbo rock their world.
Hausa rock their world.
I don't see Igbos or Efiks using aso oke or whatever during traditional occasions. There are certain clothes that represent Eastern women and it's still in vogue. There is so much cultural awareness in the east that people have dumped iro and buba for their own stuffs.

If I say something out of patriotism as a Yoruba man, an Igbo man would say I m being tribalistic but if An igbo says things out of stupidity not even patriotism ooo, people like you would queue behind such bigoted people and continue to shout Ra ka dede!!!!!

You are wrong

If I praise my Nation as whole- it's my decision

If I choose to praise my first Nation-Yoruba, none of your business

Why is it that you guys attribute everything that does not suit you as one being tribalistic

Did you tag the Op as being tribalistic as he/she presented Igbo attire as one of top 10 traditional wedding in Africa or world without other Nigeria traditional wedding attires?

If you ask Hausas or Fulani man abt their traditional wedding attire, he/she ll tell you that their own attires are the best

If you an Ijaw man, it ll be d same story.

So what was your raised eyebrows were all about?

It's my observation and there is no way you can't twist it, Northern and Eastern part of the country have started infusing some Yoruba Way of dressing up for their traditional wedding into their own in recent time.

9 Likes

Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by Rosemary216(f): 2:05pm On May 09, 2015
No 7- somalia make sense ooo... grin
Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by Rosemary216(f): 2:06pm On May 09, 2015
Idrismusty97:
HAUSA-FULANI

hmmmm... i dont tink fulanis fix eyelashes like brooms oooo undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by Ihuomadinihu: 2:12pm On May 09, 2015
cutietokunbo:

If I say something out of patriotism as a Yoruba man, an Igbo man would say I m being tribalistic but if An igbo says things out of stupidity not even patriotism ooo, people like you would queue behind such bigoted people and continue to shout Ra ka dede!!!!!

You are wrong

If I praise my Nation as whole- it's my decision

If I choose to praise my first Nation-Yoruba, none of your business

Why is it that you guys attribute everything that does not suit you as one being tribalistic

Did you tag the Op as being tribalistic as he/she presented Igbo attire as one of top 10 traditional wedding in Africa or world without other Nigeria traditional wedding attires?

If you ask Hausas or Fulani man abt their traditional wedding attire, he/she ll tell you that their own attires are the best

If you an Ijaw man, it ll be d same story.

So what was your raised eyebrows were all about?

It's my observation and there is no way you can't twist it, Northern and Eastern part of the country have started infusing some Yoruba Way of dressing up for their traditional wedding into their own in recent time.

You should have directed that to the OP. What is my business if she decides to put up Igbo or Ijaw,it's her perogative. I have no problems if you praise your nation but to say you rule fashion is a big no no. It's ridiculous to say that other people borrow your style or clothes.
Can you name what other tribes borrowed from you? We are waiting!

8 Likes

Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 09, 2015
I don't like xenophobic Zulu wedding clothes. The Yoruba's wedding attire is the best in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by Sutherland(m): 2:13pm On May 09, 2015
Yoruba

7 Likes

Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by prettyrosiemua(f): 2:14pm On May 09, 2015
that Uganda dress sha
Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by dechandel(f): 2:15pm On May 09, 2015
Pavore9:
Have you seen my beautiful baby?
Have you seen my tomato baby oh? (iyele)
Baby softly dey cool me temper ada
Baby na sugar sugar iyo..ooo

Everybody dey wait
Puta kene n’ogbo
Ife di mma amaka
Better soup na money kill am o
Adanwa ngwa pekem pekem ya
Ada ada (oyolima)
Ada ada iyo..ooo
Ada ada (adanwa)
Ada ada (chei asanwa)
Ada ada (hey ada)
Ada n’idi ora nma
Everybody dey wait
Puta kene n’ogbo
Ife di mma amaka
Better soup na money kill am o
Adanwa ngwa pekem pekem ya
Ada ada (hey adanwa)
Ada ada iyo…ooo
Ada no dey lack ada
Dem get am for everywhere
Ada no dey lack ada
Dey get am for up and down
Baby na tomato baby
Too fresh like morning wine
Ada welele yi
Iyooo ko ko ko

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Hi smiley
Do you by any chance know the couple in the pictures?
Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by Pavore9: 2:23pm On May 09, 2015
dechandel:
Hi smiley
Do you by any chance know the couple in the pictures?

Not directly.
Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by cutietokunbo: 2:27pm On May 09, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

You should have directed that to the OP. What is my business if she decides to put up Igbo or Ijaw,it's her perogative. I have no problems if you praise your nation but to say you rule fashion is a big no no. It's ridiculous to say that other people borrow your style or clothes.
Can you name what other tribes borrowed from you? We are waiting!

I m happy you wrote "It's his/her perogative to represent Nigeria as whole with Igbo traditional wedding attire as best among the rest while you chose to slam it on my face that it's not my perogative to say Yoruba rule their world.

Yorubas Rule Their World as it's evident in everything about Nigeria.

Tell me one thing that Yorubas could be excused from while others remain as far as Nigeria state is concerned? None. And that is exactly what transcend to Yorubas Rule Their World.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by kennethik: 2:28pm On May 09, 2015
That Rwanda man head no be here o
Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by LeSudAfricaine: 2:30pm On May 09, 2015
[img][/img]Xhosa, South Africa

Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by Ihuomadinihu: 2:30pm On May 09, 2015
cutietokunbo:

I m happy you wrote "It's his/her perogative to represent Nigeria as whole with Igbo traditional wedding attire as best among the rest while you chose to slam it on my face that it's not my perogative to say Yoruba rule their world.

Yorubas Rule Their World as it's evident in everything about Nigeria.

Tell me one thing that Yorubas could be excused from while others remain as far as Nigeria state is concerned? None. And that is exactly what transcend to Yorubas Rule Their World.
Hey calm down! This is not politics or about achievements and development. Leave that for the big wigs in politics section.
We are talking about clothes and fashion. What exactly did Easterners borrow from you?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by cutietokunbo: 2:31pm On May 09, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Akwaocha,Akwete and so many others were here before any Scottish man you are taking about. Don't let ancient pictures deceive you.
Besides,nudity is akin to man irrespective of geographical location. It doesn't signify development. Most of the world's greatest civilization cherished little or no clothes from Mespotamia to Indus valley to Egypt to Rome sef!

Alright........

Hands down, I don't argue about what I don't know.
Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by JayJustus(m): 2:32pm On May 09, 2015
Princessonelove:
But that Somalia riff raff on Nairaland said all Somali's are gods and goddesses. how come the people in that picture look like...

ohhhhh sweet baby Jesus...somalis are very pretty tho...the one i'm pursuing now if you see her you'd want to put her in a glass and just be looking at her like your award
Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by dechandel(f): 2:35pm On May 09, 2015
Pavore9:

Not directly.
Ohhh..
Its alright then smiley smiley
Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by cutietokunbo: 2:35pm On May 09, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Hey calm down! This is not politics or about achievements and development. Leave that for the big wigs in politics section.
We are talking about clothes and fashion. What exactly did Easterners borrow from you?

Check out Igbo and Northern traditional weddings in recent time and the reality of my submission ll instantly hit you straight up; from women headgears to Yoruba Women BUBA.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by Pavore9: 2:37pm On May 09, 2015
dechandel:
Ohhh..
Its alright then smiley smiley

lt seems you love the setting. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by Ihuomadinihu: 2:44pm On May 09, 2015
cutietokunbo:

Check out Igbo and Northern traditional weddings in recent time and the reality of my submission ll instantly hit you straight up; from women headgears to Yoruba Women BUBA.
Asoke headgear is different from the popular headgear every woman ties. I can't speak for the North because their religion influence their dressing.
Headgear is not relative to any culture in Nigeria.i don't think there any African culture that don't wear headgear. It's just like saying only Igbo/edo wear beads in Southern Nigeria.
As for buba, Nigerian women tie buba but it has no place in a proper traditional igbo marriage or event.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by dechandel(f): 2:45pm On May 09, 2015
Pavore9:

lt seems you love the setting. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Not really..
I know someone who knows them grin
Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by Pavore9: 2:52pm On May 09, 2015
dechandel:
Not really..
I know someone who knows them grin

Ok, me am looking forward to my sister's own, so l can dance Ada, Ada in my father's compound! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by nyerem(f): 2:52pm On May 09, 2015
It is my day....
Celebration time

1 Like

Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by cutietokunbo: 2:55pm On May 09, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Asoke headgear is different from the popular headgear every woman ties. I can't speak for the North because their religion influence their dressing.
Headgear is not relative to any culture in Nigeria. It's just like saying only Igbo/edo wear beads in Southern Nigeria.
As for buba, Nigerian women tie buba but it has no place in a proper traditional igbo marriage or event.

There are things that are pretty and popularly known to be peculiar to certain tribes or people without mincing words; Edo are well known for using a lot of beads on their traditional wedding. Ibos use beards but not as much as Edos

I have just realised dat you are a lady. I have lost this argument or debate long time ago but i didn't know until I realised that you a lady.

Leave me alone joor, I m tired

My fingers are hurting already

Chaiii!!!! You can ask questions....

I presume your teachers in School must be going through hell in your hand

Chaiii!!! I pity whoever that would be your lecturers when you finally gain admission to University

2 Likes

Re: 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires by Ihuomadinihu: 3:01pm On May 09, 2015
cutietokunbo:

There are things that are pretty and popularly known to be peculiar to certain tribes or people without mincing words; Edo are well known for using a lot of beads on their traditional wedding. Ibos use beards but not as much as Edos

I have just realised dat you are a lady. I have lost this argument or debate long time ago but i didn't know until I realised that you a lady.

Leave me alone joor, I m tired

My fingers are hurting already

Chaiii!!!! You can ask questions....
Don't be tired oh,pls.
Easterners might have borrowed in the past but they are reaching back to their traditional cultures.
If you say tying headgear made of Asoke is a Yoruba culture,i will agree. But the popular headgear imported from China and India, No, it's a Nigerian thing.
I noticed that of Northerners,but it's not my business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures / Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife / Post Pics Of Fulani Girls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.