Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Help Needed On How To Drive Automatic Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Needed On How To Drive Automatic Car? (1171 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Should Learn To Drive The Manual Car. / 12 Phrases You Wil NEVER Get Unless You Learnt How To Drive In Nigeria. / Is It Ok To Drive This Car As A Lady(photo)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed On How To Drive Automatic Car? by paul234(m): 7:51am On May 09, 2015
Morning auto experts, I'm in need of knowledge on how to drive an automatic car which am about to acquire, i presently drive a manual car.

Thanks as i awaits ur professional response!
Re: Help Needed On How To Drive Automatic Car? by tempest01(m): 8:11am On May 09, 2015
Lol....It's practically the same thing....just that you won't be shifting gears ...and there is no clutch.

You'll find it relatively easier I think.
Re: Help Needed On How To Drive Automatic Car? by colossus2: 8:22am On May 09, 2015
And you use just one leg for the pedals (brake and accelerator)
Re: Help Needed On How To Drive Automatic Car? by ITbomb(m): 8:25am On May 09, 2015
The easiest thing, but note that if you are coming from manual you should use one leg to avoid confusion
Re: Help Needed On How To Drive Automatic Car? by paul234(m): 10:20am On May 09, 2015
Thanks for all the replies, but you didn't give a basic knowledge abt hw to go by driving in term of the gear shifting etc... Hence, more reply needed.
Re: Help Needed On How To Drive Automatic Car? by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 09, 2015
Driving an Auto is basically:

1. Park(P) : Place the lever here after coming to a complete stop. Your right leg should remain on the brake pedal until you do this & apply the parking brakes.

2. Reverse (R) : Use this to reverse. grin

3. Neutral(N) : Use this when you will be standing still in traffic for extended periods.

4. Drive(D) : keep your lever here when moving forward normally.

5. Special gears... S, L or 2, 1: Used to restrict your transmission to a particular gear when towing or during extended driving on hills.
S or 2 restricts to gear 2 while L or 1 restricts to gear 1.

Usually, you can only start your engine on park or neutral positions.
Re: Help Needed On How To Drive Automatic Car? by lonelydora: 10:36pm On May 09, 2015
0rex:

5. Special gears... S, L or 2, 1: Used to restrict your transmission to a particular gear when towing or during extended driving on hills.
S or 2 restricts to gear 2 while L or 1 restricts to gear 1.

I never knew about this before now. I knew it was a low gear but never knew it restricts it to that particular gear.
Re: Help Needed On How To Drive Automatic Car? by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 09, 2015
lonelydora:

I never knew about this before now. I knew it was a low gear but never knew it restricts it to that particular gear.

Yes... It does. I have tested it with different cars.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help ; We Are Turn Btw Accord 03 N Primera 03 / In Need Of Panel Beater & Car Painter/Oven Baking Professionals (Alimosho axis) / Who Has This Car For Sale At A Reasonable Price?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.