Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves - Computers (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves (45836 Views)

Identify Fake Profiles On Facebook Using Google Image Search / Cisco Guru Help! Cant Connect To Internet Via Cisco 2800 & Idirect X3 / How to identify a fake(china) HP Laptop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by iambashiru: 2:57pm On Apr 10, 2012
Hi donami, i am a ccnp ccie written with microsoft knowledge too. i have alot of stuff too, wats ur email id or phone number so we can hook up
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by donami(m): 4:54pm On Apr 10, 2012
bashiru, this is my email, donami080@gmail.com, 08052125008
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by iambashiru: 2:46pm On Apr 12, 2012
bin tryin ur no it isnt goin
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by donami(m): 4:23pm On Apr 12, 2012
send me an email bt u can holla later cos ma fone is down. Bt wuld be expecting your call
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by abyosunz: 11:15am On Apr 22, 2012
Hi guys.. just joined this fantastic group..Am Abby and i work for AT&T global network services...we are 4 Nigerians working in the NOC here in the UK.. Cisco CCNP And CCIP..I also have a masters degree in computer network technology...am sure i will learn a lot here and will be sharing a lot of knowledge as well..we support all known layer1 circuits,layer2 technologies ATM/Frame-relay/MPLS so on and layer3 is basically ip routed and we use all routing protocols except IS IS.. we also have access providers all over the world..I got to this thread from "Any Datacenter in Nigeria(Lagos)....my email is osuns20000 at yahoo dt com...nice to meet y'all
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lifestyle1(m): 7:44pm On Apr 22, 2012
abyosunz: Hi guys.. just joined this fantastic group..Am Abby and i work for AT&T global network services...we are 4 Nigerians working in the NOC here in the UK.. Cisco CCNP And CCIP..I also have a masters degree in computer network technology...am sure i will learn a lot here and will be sharing a lot of knowledge as well..we support all known layer1 circuits,layer2 technologies ATM/Frame-relay/MPLS so on and layer3 is basically ip routed and we use all routing protocols except IS IS.. we also have access providers all over the world..I got to this thread from "Any Datacenter in Nigeria(Lagos)....my email is osuns20000 at yahoo dt com...nice to meet y'all

Welcome on board sir. cool
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Adeybicee(m): 3:35pm On Apr 23, 2012
Cisco professionals? pls how can l get CCNA textbook. pls i need u people help
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 2:39pm On Apr 24, 2012
iambashiru: Hi donami, i am a ccnp ccie written with microsoft knowledge too. i have alot of stuff too, wats ur email id or phone number so we can hook up

@iambashiru - I read your other post on Cisco 'paper tigers' on the other Cisco thread and left a comment there that I would like to post here also, if you do not mind. Not tryig to derail, just hoping to share.

After reading this post, It would appear that current certified 'paper Tigers' as the @Op put it, tested out without access to or benefit of actual physical Cisco Routers and Switches in a proper Lab environment. In essence, most of the test scenarios were never Lab'ed out for that real life hand-on experience. Having said that, Would I be correct to assume that most of the present crop of Cisco IT training academies appear to lack these requisite items?[Routers/Switches and other Cisco gear]. Is it because of cost, or that the Market Tolerates it and is okay with Simulators and Slides for training purposes.

Would the current market structure/environment support fully equipped LABs that include the requisite number of CCNA/CCNP/CCIE Router/Switch Rack Combo. I.e - Cat3560 Switches, C2811 Routers, C1841 Routers, C1861 Routers[Wifi/VoiP support] Cisco Aeronet Series APs, Wi-Fi Controllers. There are also C2600 Routers and Cat3550 Enhanced Image Switches. All Switches are PoE. I would like to get some feed back on the viability of making such an infrastructre avaialable and if there would an economic benefit to doing so in the present market environment.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by abyosunz: 9:33pm On Apr 24, 2012
www.gns3.com...this is GUI for dynamips..a network emulator..you can run real router ios on your laptop..the problem is it doesn't support switches.

Loggix:

@iambashiru - I read your other post on Cisco 'paper tigers' on the other Cisco thread and left a comment there that I would like to post here also, if you do not mind. Not tryig to derail, just hoping to share.

After reading this post, It would appear that current certified 'paper Tigers' as the @Op put it, tested out without access to or benefit of actual physical Cisco Routers and Switches in a proper Lab environment. In essence, most of the test scenarios were never Lab'ed out for that real life hand-on experience. Having said that, Would I be correct to assume that most of the present crop of Cisco IT training academies appear to lack these requisite items?[Routers/Switches and other Cisco gear]. Is it because of cost, or that the Market Tolerates it and is okay with Simulators and Slides for training purposes.

Would the current market structure/environment support fully equipped LABs that include the requisite number of CCNA/CCNP/CCIE Router/Switch Rack Combo. I.e - Cat3560 Switches, C2811 Routers, C1841 Routers, C1861 Routers[Wifi/VoiP support] Cisco Aeronet Series APs, Wi-Fi Controllers. There are also C2600 Routers and Cat3550 Enhanced Image Switches. All Switches are PoE. I would like to get some feed back on the viability of making such an infrastructre avaialable and if there would an economic benefit to doing so in the present market environment.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 10:43pm On Apr 24, 2012
@aby - Simulators are a great resource to begin with, but cannot substitute for the actual tctile and experience gained from working on an actual live Network, as a proper Lab setup can be. As you noted, about the simulator not supporting Switching, that is a major shortcoming in a Routing and Switching learning environment. A recent CCNA student who trained on actual equipment will stand a greater chance of succeeding at a new Job, than a student who passed using 'craming'. Just my 2cents.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by donami(m): 11:10pm On Apr 24, 2012
we live in an environment where everything is a race and no options.i use simulators cos i have to learn, if i had options i would go for them. if all your hope is dumps then i feel sorry for you. personally i print the entire pdf, do the labs before anything else. another issue is that who would pay your exams 3 times before u get a pass maybe 8 times before you get a ccnp. 45-50k aint 5k. i pity some who just watch the vids and dumps alone, i say sorry you wont last. i have been studying MPLS guide for 6months and i have ine vids for mpls but i have not watched that yet, some one would say that its a waste of time abi. but that is me, i want to know the technology indepth
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by donami(m): 11:12pm On Apr 24, 2012
Adeybicee: Cisco professionals? pls how can l get CCNA textbook. pls i need u people help
let me have your email this is mine donami080@gmail.com
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by abyosunz: 12:50pm On Apr 27, 2012
FYI...GNS3 is not a simulator...its a GUI(graphical user interface) you can draw up your networks and start an emulator called dynamips...this emulates a real cisco IOS not SIMULATE...EMULATE...so you are as good as whoever is training on a real router...it does not support switching but cisco as just released IOU...this is also an emulator and it emulate all cisco equipments....good thing about gns3 is that its open source...bad is that its cpu intensive www.gns3.com hit me an email if you want to discuss morer.

donami: we live in an environment where everything is a race and no options.i use simulators cos i have to learn, if i had options i would go for them. if all your hope is dumps then i feel sorry for you. personally i print the entire pdf, do the labs before anything else. another issue is that who would pay your exams 3 times before u get a pass maybe 8 times before you get a ccnp. 45-50k aint 5k. i pity some who just watch the vids and dumps alone, i say sorry you wont last. i have been studying MPLS guide for 6months and i have ine vids for mpls but i have not watched that yet, some one would say that its a waste of time abi. but that is me, i want to know the technology indepth
Loggix:

@aby - Simulators are a great resource to begin with, but cannot substitute for the actual tctile and experience gained from working on an actual live Network, as a proper Lab setup can be. As you noted, about the simulator not supporting Switching, that is a major shortcoming in a Routing and Switching learning environment. A recent CCNA student who trained on actual equipment will stand a greater chance of succeeding at a new Job, than a student who passed using 'craming'. Just my 2cents.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by iambashiru: 1:11pm On Apr 27, 2012
@loggix simulators/emulators are very good it just depends on how you use them. I have built complex labs covering topics like gre, ipsec, unified communications, routing and SWITCHING using them. And believe me it is VERY hands on. Saying you need physical equipment for ccna is just like saying you need physical equipment to teach active directory when virtual machines will serve just as well (except in cases where things like the uc500 might be needed for ccna voice etc) but overall you can go very in- depth with simulators. Moreover I even read somewhere that the ccie rs lab uses iou simulators now. Concerning the economic viability of physical infrastructure; it’s not just in the training but involves post training jobs, why would a person pay a huge amount when he isn’t sure of a job after? I have trained quite a few people and can see their zeal; it is really disheartening when there are no jobs to absorb them. If you want to invest then you have to mark yourself out, maybe partner with an organization either here or abroad to absorb them (make it an export like the Indians do). Concerning the “paper tigers” you can set up your own lab to test their capabilities (thereby boycotting dumps). I created a ccna lab on behalf of a company last year for a job opening and it was advertised in the Tuesday guardian, it was completely practical with simulators and was also open book. Needless to say none of the certified individuals shortlisted passed the lab. I am also open to ideas and suggestions and ready to learn in terms of technology and otherwise from all

@donami I am also doing in depth studies in ip/mpls vpn and bgp it is quite intriguing but ones foundational understanding of cisco technologies has to be good to grasp it all.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 1:36pm On Apr 27, 2012
donami:
let me have your email this is mine donami080@gmail.com

Splitting hairs - simulate vs emulate:

sim·u·late (smy-lt)
tr.v. sim·u·lat·ed, sim·u·lat·ing, sim·u·lates
a. To have or take on the appearance, form, or sound of; imitate.
b. To make in imitation of or as a substitute for. See Synonyms at imitate.
2. To make a pretense of; feign: simulate interest.
3. To create a representation or model of (a physical system or particular situation, for example
---------
em·u·late (my-lt)
tr.v. em·u·lat·ed, em·u·lat·ing, em·u·lates
1. To strive to equal or excel, especially through imitation: an older pupil whose accomplishments and style I emulated.
2. To compete with successfully; approach or attain equality with.
3. Computer Science To imitate the function of (another system), as by modifications to hardware or software that allow the imitating system to accept the same data, execute the same programs, and achieve the same results as the imitated system
----------------
my contention is that no simulated nor emulated environment in the Cisco Centric world will ever fully compensate for the tactile experience gained from actually Cabling and interconnecting devices. Half of theballtle is familiarity with the Platforms and the other half is understanding the Technologies and CLI needed to configure the equipment. I have had a few 'Paper Tigers' hired into a data center environment on the strengh of their Certs, and they were completely lost in the performance of teh Roles and Responsibilities associated with their positions relative equipment configuratin and deployment.

Let us not encourage mediocrity nor short cuts, lets us demand the best as obtained in other environs. Simply because the Nigerian training market lacks the requisite devices for training - I.e Router/Switch racks etc, we should continue to spend our money overseas, instead of clamoring for the same resources to be made available within our shores. Don't get me wrong. I am not advocating that we should not go to where the opportunity is, rather we should endeavor to make those opportunities available at home.

Back to my question in an earlier post - is there an economic benefit at this time,to make available CCNA, CCNP and CCIE Racks available in the Nigerian market, and if so does any one know what the market can support in terms of a pricing structure.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by abyosunz: 3:13pm On Apr 27, 2012
You are right to an extent...the only thing you'll lack is layer1 skills...but as far as getting a real device and using GNS3..i believe GNS3 is the best option...what is the difference between a real router running IOS and a GNS3 router running the same IOS...NONE....because they use the same IOS. GNS3 was designed for CCIE routing labs and supports all cisco routers.

Loggix:

Splitting hairs - simulate vs emulate:

sim·u·late (smy-lt)
tr.v. sim·u·lat·ed, sim·u·lat·ing, sim·u·lates
a. To have or take on the appearance, form, or sound of; imitate.
b. To make in imitation of or as a substitute for. See Synonyms at imitate.
2. To make a pretense of; feign: simulate interest.
3. To create a representation or model of (a physical system or particular situation, for example
---------
em·u·late (my-lt)
tr.v. em·u·lat·ed, em·u·lat·ing, em·u·lates
1. To strive to equal or excel, especially through imitation: an older pupil whose accomplishments and style I emulated.
2. To compete with successfully; approach or attain equality with.
3. Computer Science To imitate the function of (another system), as by modifications to hardware or software that allow the imitating system to accept the same data, execute the same programs, and achieve the same results as the imitated system
----------------
my contention is that no simulated nor emulated environment in the Cisco Centric world will ever fully compensate for the tactile experience gained from actually Cabling and interconnecting devices. Half of theballtle is familiarity with the Platforms and the other half is understanding the Technologies and CLI needed to configure the equipment. I have had a few 'Paper Tigers' hired into a data center environment on the strengh of their Certs, and they were completely lost in the performance of teh Roles and Responsibilities associated with their positions relative equipment configuratin and deployment.

Let us not encourage mediocrity nor short cuts, lets us demand the best as obtained in other environs. Simply because the Nigerian training market lacks the requisite devices for training - I.e Router/Switch racks etc, we should continue to spend our money overseas, instead of clamoring for the same resources to be made available within our shores. Don't get me wrong. I am not advocating that we should not go to where the opportunity is, rather we should endeavor to make those opportunities available at home.

Back to my question in an earlier post - is there an economic benefit at this time,to make available CCNA, CCNP and CCIE Racks available in the Nigerian market, and if so does any one know what the market can support in terms of a pricing structure.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 3:47pm On Apr 27, 2012
iambashiru: @loggix simulators/emulators are very good it just depends on how you use them. I have built complex labs covering topics like gre, ipsec, unified communications, routing and SWITCHING using them. And believe me it is VERY hands on. Saying you need physical equipment for ccna is just like saying you need physical equipment to teach active directory when virtual machines will serve just as well (except in cases where things like the uc500 might be needed for ccna voice etc) but overall you can go very in- depth with simulators. Moreover I even read somewhere that the ccie rs lab uses iou simulators now. Concerning the economic viability of physical infrastructure; it’s not just in the training but involves post training jobs, why would a person pay a huge amount when he isn’t sure of a job after? I have trained quite a few people and can see their zeal; it is really disheartening when there are no jobs to absorb them. If you want to invest then you have to mark yourself out, maybe partner with an organization either here or abroad to absorb them (make it an export like the Indians do). Concerning the “paper tigers” you can set up your own lab to test their capabilities (thereby boycotting dumps). I created a ccna lab on behalf of a company last year for a job opening and it was advertised in the Tuesday guardian, it was completely practical with simulators and was also open book. Needless to say none of the certified individuals shortlisted passed the lab. I am also open to ideas and suggestions and ready to learn in terms of technology and otherwise from all

@donami I am also doing in depth studies in ip/mpls vpn and bgp it is quite intriguing but ones foundational understanding of cisco technologies has to be good to grasp it all.

@iambashiru - The intent was not to denigrate the use of Simulators nor Emulators, but rather to have them as a complement to the overall learning environment. In your post, you noted the candidates who could not adequately solve a LAB'ed scenario during an interview process - that is exactly my point, that access to and use of the physical equipment in conjunction with other resources is quite helpful. I am quite confident that the candidates would have performed better if they had tactile familiarity with the equipment, even though the scenario was on a a simulator. Then again, 'exam' or interview 'jiters' may have had a role in their performance as well.

I wholeheartedly agree that it is disconcerting that we have very eager folks willing to learn the Technology, but not enough opportunities to practice their newly acquired skills - for those who went through the trouble, that is. I put this down to the business mentality and climate. Please correct me if I am wrong. Our businessses can do better with Technology, if they embrace it, but the attitude seems to be, 'if it ain't broken, don't fix it' Ofcourse, the ain't broken part is the lack of willingness to embrace new things, and the herd mentality of what is 'latest'.

It is up to us, the Cisco professionals to push our Skills and it's benefits to those who can and will benefit from it. If most businesses in developed economies use Information Technology to improve productivity, I see no reason for us to be different, currently and in the forseeable future. I would say to those who are currently Certified and those seeking Certification in the Cisco Centric Network Design and Operations, not to despair, but rather continue to improve their skills set. The reliance on 'Paper Pushing' is coming to an end sooner than we think. LAN/WAN Network Information Technology on the everyday busines level is the wave of the future. It's amazing what is being accomplished - at least in my neck of the woods - with Unified Infrastucture Technology. Disclaimer - If the topic has been addressed in the past on this forumn, my apologies.

On a different note, for those who contribute and those who view the posts and pass on - can we share some of the 'Gotcha' situations we have run into in our daily Operational roles. Ofcourse no one needs to divulge any proprietary Client information. I for one have a few projects coming on line shortly invloving 2 x NEXUS 5020 Data Center Switches and associated Fabric Extenders connecting to a VSS infrastructure Backbone. I have completed the VSS 10Gig Backbone config and deployment, utilising 2 X Catalyst6509VE, each with 2 x SUP720 10Gig Engines, for a total System Backbone BW of 1.4Tbps. I now need to complete the NEXUS deployment and migration of Enterprise Servers from a Cat6509 Server Switch platform. I will try to share my deployment and migration process without compromising my NDA [ non-disclosure aggreement].

1 Like

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by abyosunz: 5:48pm On Apr 27, 2012
Very nice...I just started supporting this stack switches..nice that you have a standby sup..how many modules do you have ?

Loggix:

@iambashiru - The intent was not to denigrate the use of Simulators nor Emulators, but rather to have them as a complement to the overall learning environment. In your post, you noted the candidates who could not adequately solve a LAB'ed scenario during an interview process - that is exactly my point, that access to and use of the physical equipment in conjunction with other resources is quite helpful. I am quite confident that the candidates would have performed better if they had tactile familiarity with the equipment, even though the scenario was on a a simulator. Then again, 'exam' or interview 'jiters' may have had a role in their performance as well.

I wholeheartedly agree that it is disconcerting that we have very eager folks willing to learn the Technology, but not enough opportunities to practice their newly acquired skills - for those who went through the trouble, that is. I put this down to the business mentality and climate. Please correct me if I am wrong. Our businessses can do better with Technology, if they embrace it, but the attitude seems to be, 'if it ain't broken, don't fix it' Ofcourse, the ain't broken part is the lack of willingness to embrace new things, and the herd mentality of what is 'latest'.

It is up to us, the Cisco professionals to push our Skills and it's benefits to those who can and will benefit from it. If most businesses in developed economies use Information Technology to improve productivity, I see no reason for us to be different, currently and in the forseeable future. I would say to those who are currently Certified and those seeking Certification in the Cisco Centric Network Design and Operations, not to despair, but rather continue to improve their skills set. The reliance on 'Paper Pushing' is coming to an end sooner than we think. LAN/WAN Network Information Technology on the everyday busines level is the wave of the future. It's amazing what is being accomplished - at least in my neck of the woods - with Unified Infrastucture Technology. Disclaimer - If the topic has been addressed in the past on this forumn, my apologies.

On a different note, for those who contribute and those who view the posts and pass on - can we share some of the 'Gotcha' situations we have run into in our daily Operational roles. Ofcourse no one needs to divulge any proprietary Client information. I for one have a few projects coming on line shortly invloving 2 x NEXUS 5020 Data Center Switches and associated Fabric Extenders connecting to a VSS infrastructure Backbone. I have completed the VSS 10Gig Backbone config and deployment, utilising 2 X Catalyst6509VE, each with 2 x SUP720 10Gig Engines, for a total System Backbone BW of 1.4Tbps. I now need to complete the NEXUS deployment and migration of Enterprise Servers from a Cat6509 Server Switch platform. I will try to share my deployment and migration process without compromising my NDA [ non-disclosure aggreement].
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 6:18pm On Apr 27, 2012
abyosunz: Very nice...I just started supporting this stack switches..nice that you have a standby sup..how many modules do you have ?

@abyosunz - I deployed the NEXUS Platform 10Mths ago with 10 X 2148 Fabric Extenders. These are 1Gig fixed configuration platforms and derive their 'brains' from the NX5020s. On the VSS Switching platform, Since these are Cat6509VE - there 9 Module Slots. Both Chassis run in Tandem hence the 1.4Tbps BW accross the systems. These are uplinked by 10Gig MEC [Multi-Chassis EtherChanel- Basically a L3 etherchannel instead of Dot1Q Trunks] to 16 X Cat6513 Access Switches accross the Campus bldgs. Oh, I am quite familiar with your ATT VRF/MPLS product offerings - quite interesting, especially how they handle QoS.

1 Like

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by iambashiru: 1:41pm On Apr 28, 2012
i am not well versed in data center configs etc so am looking forward to reading your notes
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 4:57pm On Apr 28, 2012
@iambashiru, I will do my best to share any aspect of the config that does not violate my NDA.This is a public domain afterall. However, I will share any 'Gotcha' issues I run into and my solutions with the forunm. Right now I am looking at either using vPC on both NX5020 for redundancy with the fabric extenders, or spread them accross both NX5020s. I am leaning towards vPC, and will make the design change next week in the Lab.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by menacity(m): 7:07pm On May 07, 2012
Pls I need to know d best networking schools in india and their cost of study!if dey are practical oriented pl
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by gvcecom: 4:19pm On May 11, 2012
femzy:
9ce post!

@nateevs, we are at your back! Good thread Cos we all are learning everyday

You all are right, about the cisco stuff that you can learn the stuff on your own, but, the fact remains, the guys with the certificate are picked for the job opportunity why you left behind.I was already an expert in A+ before i wrote the exam. and better off in ccna also,before the exam..
But, if you are not certified try and do so,but, keep track of the "KOKO" the real knowledge behind all the stuff... Great guys love you all...
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 31, 2012
hello pips, not much has been said on the fact that most network administrator jobs in the country today are more inclined to server administration like mcse. Doesnt this mean that acquiring a training and cert in server management e.g mcse, is necessary for better job performance?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 4:40pm On Jun 01, 2012
andante: hello pips, not much has been said on the fact that most network administrator jobs in the country today are more inclined to server administration like mcse. Doesnt this mean that acquiring a training and cert in server management e.g mcse, is necessary for better job performance?

I believe it to be a matter of time before the industry matures to support the Skills set of truly Certified Network Engineers. There are encouraging signs of movement in this direction.

Question:
Does anyone know the following info - just curious;
1. The most reputable Cisco Cert training places in Lagos/Abuja
2. What level of Cisco Certs are offered there - CCNA/CCNP/CCIE etc [ Specialties, i.e R&S, Wireless, SeC, Voice etc]
3. Duration and Cost per Cert level/Specialty
4. Do they have Routers/Switches [Type] in good quantity for proper Practicals and Student to Equipment Ratio.

Thanks Much.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 02, 2012
Loggix:

I believe it to be a matter of time before the industry matures to support the Skills set of truly Certified Network Engineers. There are encouraging signs of movement in this direction.

Question:
Does anyone know the following info - just curious;
1. The most reputable Cisco Cert training places in Lagos/Abuja
2. What level of Cisco Certs are offered there - CCNA/CCNP/CCIE etc [ Specialties, i.e R&S, Wireless, SeC, Voice etc]
3. Duration and Cost per Cert level/Specialty
4. Do they have Routers/Switches [Type] in good quantity for proper Practicals and Student to Equipment Ratio.

Thanks Much.

in lagos we have jidaw about 35k weekday/wknd 2wk/6wk

datapoint about 30k wkdy/wknd 2wk/2mth

new horizons about 80k wkdy/wknd 1mth/2mth

these are d ones i'm familiar with
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by blackracle(m): 3:45pm On Jun 04, 2012
Hi

Do you need an expert tutor for CCNA,CCNP or CCIE?
Do you need affordable training?
DO you need live practical training?
DO you need one-on-one session with your tutor?
Do you want to pass your exam at first sitting?

You need no go further.

Contact Muyiwa on 08056981324
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Nobody: 1:23am On Jun 30, 2012
@donami, @loggix, @iambashiru
hello guys i need ur help. I am pursuing a career in networking and security, i recently completed a ccna course and i am looking for an opportunity to get hands-on job experience as i prepare for the certification exam. All i have is the certificate from the study center to present. Though not certified, i have very good knowledge/skill which u can put to test if you consider to help: help me get to where u r, i believe thats what this forum is about. My mail and number is andan4te@gmail.com, 08091908936:
@donami i see ur number and email but i will await ur acknowledgement before i contact u directly. Help pls
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by donami(m): 8:33pm On Jun 30, 2012
@andante
Please feel free to contact me especially my mail first then, we can make headway from there, its good you are on a path to somewhere. every one is learning i really love to share anything that would help others. Especially the little i have learnt so far
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Azcreativ(m): 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2012
iambashiru: @loggix simulators/emulators are very good it just depends on how you use them. I have built complex labs covering topics like gre, ipsec, unified communications, routing and SWITCHING using them. And believe me it is VERY hands on. Saying you need physical equipment for ccna is just like saying you need physical equipment to teach active directory when virtual machines will serve just as well (except in cases where things like the uc500 might be needed for ccna voice etc) but overall you can go very in- depth with simulators. Moreover I even read somewhere that the ccie rs lab uses iou simulators now. Concerning the economic viability of physical infrastructure; it’s not just in the training but involves post training jobs, why would a person pay a huge amount when he isn’t sure of a job after? I have trained quite a few people and can see their zeal; it is really disheartening when there are no jobs to absorb them. If you want to invest then you have to mark yourself out, maybe partner with an organization either here or abroad to absorb them (make it an export like the Indians do). Concerning the “paper tigers” you can set up your own lab to test their capabilities (thereby boycotting dumps). I created a ccna lab on behalf of a company last year for a job opening and it was advertised in the Tuesday guardian, it was completely practical with simulators and was also open book. Needless to say none of the certified individuals shortlisted passed the lab. I am also open to ideas and suggestions and ready to learn in terms of technology and otherwise from all

Am into Cisco and Microsoft technologies and have offices in different part of Nigeria will like to know about Ɣou. Adenijiazeez@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? / New 2011 Free Dstv Software For Phone And Pc (download Now) / Unlock Your USB Modem For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.