Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,482 members, 7,801,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

The Hypocrisy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Hypocrisy (10948 Views)

Marriage Fallacy: The Hypocrisy In Monogamy / America's Hypocrisy-Gay & Incest(american Mom, Son In Love Charged With Incest) / The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hypocrisy by mulanbaba: 10:27am On May 09, 2015
ok , i will start from the beginning Hubby and i met in University.I was a virgin but not because of religion as such, i just chose to wait for the one thats all. We have been married for 12years now and i can safely say it was happily so until three months ago,when i found out that he has been having an affair with my best friend and kicked him out of the house.

now since then all my married friends have been on my case that i am pushing him into the other womans arms etc,and that i shouldnt hev come that close to single woman. No one is recognising that i am deeply hurt, i am depressed, i cant even clean my house or bath my kids and myself. i am in this deep dark hole and i have contemplated suicide

i had to get sick leave from work because i feel incapacitated right now, i can barely leave the house unless i fetch the kids from school. i had to hire a maid cos even cooking wasnt possible.

Now all the advices i am getting is how i must not push him away and still act as a wife and stop being hurt and forgive him as if one can just stop coughing even though they have TB!!,
coming to our marriage we have always had a kinky sex life so there is no position available that we havent tried axcept anal cos he is not interested. i am a very open minded person so he knows no subject is a taboo between us, but he knows that cheating and abuse are a deal breaker for me.

He has shown remorse and hev been apologising but my pain is just so deep right now. i hev asked him why and he doesnt hev any reasons because i had even suggested we explore swinging to spice our sex life which he said a big NO. So i am so confused cos i know i am a good looking woman who doesnt look older than 23 and i work out so am very toned and i do get attention a lot from other men still. so why did he do it? and why are people more concerned about him than my pain? at the moment i really dont care whether other woman take him or not because i feel injured and the wound is very deep.

so ladies please help me understand why should i be the one acting as if its my fault even though my heart is bleeding?

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy by bennyrazz: 11:22am On May 09, 2015
eeehyyyaaa! well I can only tell you sorry for the hurt, pick yourself up and get over it. Forgive and forget if he's a first time offender, it's allowed (men make that mistakes once in a while, only for them to find out their wife is better) or forgive and do your own if he's a serial offender.

Note: Eating EBA everyday can be very boring, same old taste, trying Semi once in a while isn't a bad idea but all men/women should have the fear of God by respecting the vow they made at his altar

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 11:27am On May 09, 2015
bennyrazz:
eeehyyyaaa! well I can only tell you sorry for the hurt, pick yourself up and get over it. Forgive and forget if he's a first time offender, it's allowed (men make that mistakes once in a while, only for them to find out their wife is better) or forgive and do your own if he's a serial offender.

Note: Eating EBA everyday can be very boring, same old taste, trying Semi once in a while isn't a bad idea but all men/women should have the fear of God by respecting the vow they made at his altar

And this is supposed to comfort a human who is hurt?

20 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 11:31am On May 09, 2015
Do you still love your husband?

If Yes, then you need to forgive him.
But not because he deserves it or earned it, but for the fact you still love him, and that he is deeply sorry.

You also need to stop being hard on yourself.
Even the most beautiful women have been cheated on.

So sack that maid, dust yourself and wake up.
You have sacrifice enough already. Don't watch your family crumble without putting up a fight.

For better or worse remember?
You can, and you'll get through this. smiley

4 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 11:46am On May 09, 2015
Ma'am, i am really sorry for what you are going through. Anyone in your shoes would feeel like hurt and downcasted. I completely understand your feelings and at this time, its best you give yourself time to heal. If it is a time alone away from yur husband you need, please get it so that your anger and hurt does not translate to something else. Cheating with a best friend is the deal breaker for most people. If after giving yourself space, it enters your heart to forgive, You can forgive him( although if i were in your shoes, i might forgive but end the marriage). If you can handle being married to him afterwards, its your call. And when you do agree to stay with him, make sure he is remorseful and works extra hard to regain the trust he has destroyed. Infact let him work extremely hard! Make sure he accounts for every movement he makes. Make sure he is honest and trustworthy. Also see to it that he never forms unneccessary/closer relationships with the opposite s.ex. He MUST stay away from your best friend or any female else you are ending the marriage.

But if you cannot remain with him, dnt pressure yourself to do otherwise. just do what your heart tells you. As for your best friend, severe all ties with her and assume you never met.

As for women telling you crap, always have it in mind that they are MERE OPINIONS. Do you know what it is for your spouse to cheat on you with your best friend? Why shuld you be made to feel guilty over an act that you never committed. I dnt know what you are doing with such women as friends. You are living your life for you not for them. You are the one who decides if mere opinions should have power in your life!! They arent wearing your shoes. This issue is entirely your decision and no one else. When they see you are the type who sticks to your decisions and you are not easily manipulated with words, they will leave you alone. If you want them to have so much power over your life then you will care about what they say.

16 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy by innervoice(m): 11:50am On May 09, 2015
mulanbaba:
ok , i will start from the beginning Hubby and i met in University.I was a virgin but not because of religion as such, i just chose to wait for the one thats all. We have been married for 12years now and i can safely say it was happily so until three months ago,when i found out that he has been having an affair with my best friend and kicked him out of the house.

now since then all my married friends have been on my case that i am pushing him into the other womans arms etc,and that i shouldnt hev come that close to single woman. No one is recognising that i am deeply hurt, i am depressed, i cant even clean my house or bath my kids and myself. i am in this deep dark hole and i have contemplated suicide

i had to get sick leave from work because i feel incapacitated right now, i can barely leave the house unless i fetch the kids from school. i had to hire a maid cos even cooking wasnt possible.

Now all the advices i am getting is how i must not push him away and still act as a wife and stop being hurt and forgive him as if one can just stop coughing even though they have TB!!,
coming to our marriage we have always had a kinky sex life so there is no position available that we havent tried axcept anal cos he is not interested. i am a very open minded person so he knows no subject is a taboo between us, but he knows that cheating and abuse are a deal breaker for me.

He has shown remorse and hev been apologising but my pain is just so deep right now. i hev asked him why and he doesnt hev any reasons because i had even suggested we explore swinging to spice our sex life which he said a big NO. So i am so confused cos i know i am a good looking woman who doesnt look older than 23 and i work out so am very toned and i do get attention a lot from other men still. so why did he do it? and why are people more concerned about him than my pain? at the moment i really dont care whether other woman take him or not because i feel injured and the wound is very deep.

so ladies please help me understand why should i be the one acting as if its my fault even though my heart is bleeding?

I have stopped reading at the bold. What is this? Do you think you are the only person who has been cheated on? Is it the end of the world?
No matter how painful that is, it is not a reason to give up on your kids or even your life! Toughen up, for God's sake!
Your marriage is in a crisis. It is there for a reason and your job is to find out what the reason is.

4 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy by 5minsmadness: 12:20pm On May 09, 2015
No one is recognising that i am deeply hurt, i am depressed, i cant even clean my house or bath my kids and myself. i am in this deep dark hole and i have contemplated suicide
If you are this hurt then maybe you still need him a lot.
You've driven him out of the house, you have shown your displeasure. Don't cut your nose to spite your face. Call him back for a reconciliation.

Men are beasts and make stupid mistakes. I believe he is sorry as well. Be kind to him and to yourself and forgive.

4 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy by Caveatemptor(m): 12:20pm On May 09, 2015
bennyrazz:

Does this apply both ways?
Can the wife/woman/ladies eat Semo too once in a while?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hypocrisy by 5minsmadness: 12:29pm On May 09, 2015
He has shown remorse and hev been apologising but my pain is just so deep right now. i hev asked him why and he doesnt hev any reasons because i had even suggested we explore swinging to spice our sex life which he said a big NO. So i am so confused cos i know i am a good looking woman who doesnt look older than 23 and i work out so am very toned and i do get attention a lot from other men still[b]. so why did he do it?[/b]

Because stolen bread is sweet.
It was not about the logic if why or why not, it was about the adventure of having a conquest the wife doesn't know about. It has nothing to do with whether he loves you more or less but simply the thrill of the chase. I am not condoning what he did, just letting you know why he did it.

He's really sorry bae. Pls forgive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy by bennyrazz: 12:49pm On May 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

And this is supposed to comfort a human who is hurt?
if it does not comfort her, what will? crying? or pampering? cajoling? begging? I only said the bitter truth and she needs to suck it up. Period. Some Men cheat, live with it deal with it.
Re: The Hypocrisy by bennyrazz: 12:51pm On May 09, 2015
Caveatemptor:

that is even if they have the mind to eat the semo. Those that have tried it know where they are now.
Re: The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 09, 2015
bennyrazz:
if it does not comfort her, what will? crying? or pampering? cajoling? begging? I only said the bitter truth and she needs to suck it up. Period. Some Men cheat, live with it deal with it.

O.k. This is the kind of talk you also want to hear when your wife cheats with your best friend. Issorait.

15 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy by bennyrazz: 12:55pm On May 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

O.k. This is the kind of talk you also want to hear when your wife cheats with your best friend. Issorait.
cheating is not meant for women.
Re: The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 09, 2015
Caveatemptor:

Dnt mind him. I am sure he will give a resounding slap to anyone who dares tells him the exact rubbish he typed.

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 09, 2015
bennyrazz:
cheating is not meant for women.

If women cant cheat, why are they cheating now? Why arent they killed by firing squad? Who help women to cheat? Dnt worry you will be privileged to experience what the op is experiencing. Lets see hw you will handle it.

18 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 09, 2015
bennyrazz:
that is even if they have the mind to eat the semo. Those that have tried it know where they are now.

Where are they now? Why havent heavens fallen down since women started cheating? Who are the men cheating with?

9 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy by Dheartless: 1:14pm On May 09, 2015
I sympathize with you on this
please I want you to know that you are not guilty, he should take responsibilities for his actions.

but being his first time and that he is truly remorseful for his actions, I think it will do your home good to forgive him.

Note
don't accept a serial cheating mentality and behavior from him though
Re: The Hypocrisy by bennyrazz: 1:30pm On May 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

If women cant cheat, why are they cheating now? Why arent they killed by firing squad? Who help women to cheat? Dnt worry you will be privileged to experience what the op is experiencing. Lets see hw you will handle it.
I will not experience such because I have laid my bed very well with the help of God. I did not say women can't cheat, I said it is not meant for them and there are consequences in taking what is not yours.
Re: The Hypocrisy by bennyrazz: 1:32pm On May 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Where are they now? Why havent heavens fallen down since women started cheating? Who are the men cheating with?
@op, divorce your husband cuz he cheated on you, no problem. He will simply fill in the gap.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 09, 2015
bennyrazz:
@op, divorce your husband cuz he cheated on you, no problem. He will simply fill in the gap.

LOL. That threat doesnt carry weight for all women. The Op said she doesnt care about the bolded. By the way, women have been remarrying since time immemorial so whats the fuzz about another woman coming in. If a man is a community man serving all women around him or is abusive, then whoever thats coming in to fill in the gap will merely continue to eat the s.hit she ran away from. Too bad for the next woman. No biggie. Its the Op's call.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 09, 2015
bennyrazz:
I will not experience such because I have laid my bed very well with the help of God. I did not say women can't cheat, I said it is not meant for them and there are consequences in taking what is not yours.

So you remember God now? LOL. Nigerians! There are consequences for cheating in both s.exes. But nigerians have deceived women far too long in believing there are none for men. So when men cheat and they get cheated on, they are the ones who shout the loudest and tear their boxers. LOL. Just accept that as long as men cheat and cheat with women, women will continue cheating.

13 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy by mulanbaba: 1:54pm On May 09, 2015
i hear what everyone is saying and yes its the first time he cheated thats why i am breaking apart, so much because i wasnt expecting it and that its with my best friend so, its a double sword on me. its weighing me down. i havent told my family because they dont like him so they will use this to make me leave him. Maybe i will forgive him someday i dont know. i am currently seeing a counsellor so yeah i hope to snap out of this two.

as for my best friend i cut her out already maybe one day i will ask her why,but for now i am more concerned about myself and healing. he is very remorseful but i dont know if its because he was caught or not!!

he asked his friend to plead on his behalf instead his friend is now propositioning me and suggesting divorce lawyer for me and that he will help me financially!!! so now i see how easy to be betrayed by a friend thats why i havent told folks to come and escalate things. I am just hurting and needs like mind to say my feelings to cos i clearly cant talk with his friend since he doesnt have my hubbys interest at heart two. SMH. Humans are really deceitful indeed

3 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy by freecocoa(f): 1:54pm On May 09, 2015
OP, the best answer as to why he did it, is, is that he is undisciplined with no self control, no more no less.

I just want to say, please try your best to get out of that place, suicide is not an option in this case, why kill yourself for a man who will prolly shag the said bestie on the day of your funeral? It's so not worth it please, think about your children? Where do you want to leave them in all this?

I can't tell you to forgive him or not, I just want you to know those people talking about losing him to another women instead of helping you feel better, are not your friends, you should do what's best for you, not him.

9 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 09, 2015
mulanbaba:

I can't even begin to imagine what you are passing through now. Having your trust broken by someone you have given everything . . Heart, body, soul, life . . . I totally understand your pain!!!

And yes, Nigerians are hypocrites. We live in a society where women are not even considered are real humans. Yes, we are wives, and mothers and people expect you to be just that. No one understands you are also a person with feeling and opinions.

Cheating is generally accepted for men in Nigeria. Very soon they will tell you to start praying for your husband that he has been possessed by some evil spirit. They will start seeing visions for you of how the devil wants to destroy your home. They will tell you the other woman went to juju to charm him bla bla bla. They will generally make excuses for HIM and help him justify his actions and avoid accepthing how badly he messed up.

I don't know wht to tell you. I wish I can say forgive him cos I can't. He doesn't deserve your forgiveness. You can forgive him whne you are done being hurt and angry. But for now, hate him all you want, he deserves it. HIM!!! Not the other woman, or the devil or the evil spirit, him your husband.

The man who held you all those night and took everything you had to offer, and still had the mind to betray your trust in the worst way possible (with your best friend).

I don't know how you can every recover from such betrayal. I pray for strength for you.

For now you need to pick yourself up and hold your head high. This is on him, not you. Your kids need you . 'You' need you.

Get back to your job and be awsome. Live your life and try to find hapiness again. Nobody deserves killing yourself over. Your life is a gift and your children need you.

I will say a prayer for you!

13 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 09, 2015
Wedon:

I can't even begin to imagine what you are passing through now. Having your trust broken by someone you have given everything . . Heart, body, soul, life . . . I totally understand your pain!!!

And yes, Nigerians are hypocrites. We live in a society where women are not even considered are real humans. Yes, we are wives, and mothers and people expect you to be just that. No one understands you are also a person with feeling and opinions.

Cheating is generally accepted for men in Nigeria. Very soon they will tell you to start praying for your husband that he has been possessed by some evil spirit. They will start seeing visions for you of how the devil wants to destroy your home. They will tell you the other woman went to juju to charm him bla bla bla. They will generally make excuses for HIM and help him justify his actions and avoid accepthing how badly he messed up.

I don't know wht to tell you. I wish I can say forgive him cos I can't. He doesn't deserve your forgiveness. You can forgive him whne you are done being hurt and angry. But for now, hate him all you want, he deserves it. HIM!!! Not the other woman, or the devil or the evil spirit, him your husband.

The man who held you all those night and took everything you had to offer, and still had the mind to betray your trust in the worst way possible (with your best friend).

I don't know how you can every recover from such betrayal. I pray for strength for you.

For now you need to pick yourself up and hold your head high. This is on him, not you. Your kids need you . 'You' need you.

Get back to your job and be awsome. Live your life and try to find hapiness again. Nobody deserves killing yourself over. Your life is a gift and your children need you.

Thank you. Well Said.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy by mulanbaba: 2:13pm On May 09, 2015
Wedon,Sophy and free
at least you guys understand where i am coming from. my husband hurt me a lot and i need to take neccessary steps of healing instead of acting as if nothing happened like my friends are suggesting.
he cheated with my best friend!!! both of them were acting so normal infront of me that had i not seen a whatsapp arriving on his phone while he was showering i wouldnt have believed anyone who came and told me such

i then went to the bathroom and asked when was the last time he spoke to my friend and he lied saying three weeks, which was a lie because i saw his call logs that they were talking three times a day 20minutes at a time and that he had her pictures as well so i was definately pissed and shouted and screamed.

i probably looked like a mad woman that day
Re: The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 09, 2015
mulanbaba:
Wedon,Sophy and free
at least you guys understand where i am coming from. my husband hurt me a lot and i need to take neccessary steps of healing instead of acting as if nothing happened like my friends are suggesting.
he cheated with my best friend!!! both of them were acting so normal infront of me that had i not seen a whatsapp arriving on his phone while he was showering i wouldnt have believed anyone who came and told me such

i then went to the bathroom and asked when was the last time he spoke to my friend and he lied saying three weeks, which was a lie because i saw his call logs that they were talking three times a day 20minutes at a time and that he had her pictures as well so i was definately pissed and shouted and screamed.

i probably looked like a mad woman that day

Wow. That must have been terrible.

What does your have have to say for herself

3 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 09, 2015
mulanbaba:
i hear what everyone is saying and yes its the first time he cheated thats why i am breaking apart, so much because i wasnt expecting it and that its with my best friend so, its a double sword on me. its weighing me down. i havent told my family because they dont like him so they will use this to make me leave him. Maybe i will forgive him someday i dont know. i am currently seeing a counsellor so yeah i hope to snap out of this two.

as for my best friend i cut her out already maybe one day i will ask her why,but for now i am more concerned about myself and healing. he is very remorseful but i dont know if its because he was caught or not!!

he asked his friend to plead on his behalf instead his friend is now propositioning me and suggesting divorce lawyer for me and that he will help me financially!!! so now i see how easy to be betrayed by a friend thats why i havent told folks to come and escalate things. I am just hurting and needs like mind to say my feelings to cos i clearly cant talk with his friend since he doesnt have my hubbys interest at heart two. SMH. Humans are really deceitful indeed

Wow!!

Human beings are really terrible.

If your husband keeps such friends then its not so strange that he will stoop so low as to cheat with your friend.

Na wah. I'm just soo shocked. Things are hapenning sha.

I think you took the right step by seeing a counsellor. If eventually you want to restore your marriage then you may need to go with your husband.

He needs to at least realize that what he did was unacceptable.

Na wah!

7 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy by bukatyne(f): 2:34pm On May 09, 2015
bennyrazz:

Perhaps the OP didn't lay her bed well with God?

You all are the hypocrites; the title of This thread is apt.

12 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy by bukatyne(f): 2:36pm On May 09, 2015
Wedon:

Re: The Hypocrisy by bukatyne(f): 2:36pm On May 09, 2015
Wedon:

Wow!!

Human beings are really terrible.

If your husband keeps such friends then its not so strange that he will stoop so low as to cheat with your friend.

Na wah. I'm just soo shocked. Things are hapenning sha.

I think you took the right step by seeing a counsellor. If eventually you want to restore your marriage then you may need to go with your husband.

He needs to at least realize that what he did was unacceptable.

Na wah!
Re: The Hypocrisy by bukatyne(f): 2:38pm On May 09, 2015
5minsmadness:

If you are this hurt then maybe you still need him a lot.
You've driven him out of the house, you have shown your displeasure. Don't cut your nose to spite your face. Call him back for a reconciliation.

Men are beasts and make stupid mistakes. I believe he is sorry as well. Be kind to him and to yourself and forgive.

I think This quote will be useful for posterity esp. the bolded.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? / Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? / True Confession: Why I Had Sex With My Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.