Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? (7183 Views)

Infinix S2 Pro Specs & Price In Nigeria On Jumia & Slot ( Specs) / Nokia 6 Specs & Price on Jumia Nigeria / Gionee Android Phone Price In Nigeria – Cheap On Jumia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by Gptech(m): 7:56am On May 10, 2015
Beware of memory cards sold by LEIGHVIER for now

Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by Gptech(m): 8:07am On May 10, 2015
sketcherJ:
I want to buy a 32gb sd card and i found this...32gb for #1750 on jumia and i was surprised... Is it a fake?if u have bought it..pls share yr experience?

Just discovered this memory card is CLASS 2. Op, if its possible the m/card is even genuine, u don't need a CLASS 2. U can get a CLASS 6 upwards for mobile phones but for digital cameras a CLASS 10 and above
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by sketcherJ(m): 8:17am On May 10, 2015
Gptech:

No, I use an 8gig from jumia though. Av bought 2 8gig and 2 16gig m/cards from jumia, no complaints so far.
so the 32gig up there is up to no good..i have ordered.can i stop d order?
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by sketcherJ(m): 8:21am On May 10, 2015
Gptech:

Just discovered this memory card is CLASS 2. Op, if its possible the m/card is even genuine, u don't need a CLASS 2. U can get a CLASS 6 upwards for mobile phones but for digital cameras a CLASS 10 and above
yes i saw d class though...but i didnt give much thought to it since i thought its only for my phone..or is dere more to classess than that?
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by sketcherJ(m): 8:23am On May 10, 2015
Gptech:
the 1 i posted is by home essentials i think boss
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by Gptech(m): 8:40am On May 10, 2015
sketcherJ:
so the 32gig up there is up to no good..i have ordered.can i stop d order?

Yes, u can cancel the order or simply refuse to collect it.
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by sketcherJ(m): 8:43am On May 10, 2015
Gptech:

Yes, u can cancel the order or simply refuse to collect it.
how do i cancel the order boss
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by zainab007(f): 10:41am On May 10, 2015
Na wa o. So you ignore the 65% discount & imply it's fake simply because this online store decides to make your shopping affordable? If you think it's fake, why not choose another [that can't be the only one they sell], ask the company itself or go to an offline store. I don't get Nigerians sometimes.
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by JumiaOnline(m): 11:14am On May 10, 2015
sketcherJ:
I want to buy a 32gb sd card and i found this...32gb for #1750 on jumia and i was surprised... Is it a fake?if u have bought it..pls share yr experience?

Hi SketcherJ,

All our products sold online to customers are authentic and original. All products go through quality check to make sure they are not sub-standard. This is in our bid to give our customers the best always.

Furthermore, Jumia partners with top brands to resolve in having very good prices across all category of products. In Jumia we believe an authentic product must not neccesarily be expensive to our customers. #BestPriceOnJumia. Thank you SketcherJ.

For further information, kindly contact our customer service team via any of these numbers: 014604400 or 07006000000.
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by martin1985(m): 11:26am On May 10, 2015
sketcherJ:

Well, I honestly don't see you as a serious buyer. Your meant to read the product detail and make up your mind to purchase it. The fact that it's N1,750 doesn't mean it's not original.

You can do a research and check aliexpress.com. Memory cards are not expensive.
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by Judek2(m): 2:23pm On May 10, 2015
sketcherJ:
when will it be delivered

already shipped, will collect it on Tuesday.
I just pray the card won't disappoint.
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by AndroBlaze: 2:31pm On May 10, 2015
As someone who started selling SD cards on NL after bad experiences with the "village/Saka" boys, I'm surprised people are still having these issues and not sure how to solve them.

Alright OP, if it comes from Jumia in the proper manufacturer retail pack, just scan the barcode using your smartphone. Just download the free barcode scanner apps ( I'd advise getting results from 2 apps at least) and it will give you an idea of the origin and even genuineness of the card. This can be done in less than a minute and more improtantly, before you open the pack- so you can return it immediately if you are not satisfied.

I'll look for an oldpost of mine to give you more concrete ways, but the method above is the simplest- oh and san disk cards still remain the Mercedez Benz of SDs, so if u get an original, you will sleep well at night (class 2 though is a bit old and I am surprised people are still selling that speed).
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by AndroBlaze: 2:43pm On May 10, 2015
www.nairaland.com/918658/retail-micro-sd-cards-mobile#10636530

Most SD Cards on Ebay with a capacity of 32Gb that cost under USD $60 is almost surely fake. The biggest problem is that the card looks like the capacity is 32Gb and works properly until more than 2, 4 or 8GB are used.
This cards are programmed to look like their capacity is of 32GB, however after the user passes the 2,4 or 8GB that the card really is the data starts to become corrupt, as data is overwritten.

HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF:

Firstly, check the verification numbers that the sd cards have, such as Very flash from kingston. If the card does not pass the test it is surely fake. In this case ask the seller for a refund ASAP

Sometimes the only way to verify if the card is real is using a specific software. The software is called H2TESTW and it writes data on the card and verify if the data is not overwritten as the card fills up. Another important thing to notice is the writing speed that can also be fake, as some class 2 cards are sold as class 10.

Summing up, when buying a 32Gb sd card cheap almost always means fake. Try to look the price that well established sellers are selling, and try to understand the minimum price. If good sellers sell it for $100 and some new sellers sold hundreds of cards for $25, be sure that hundreds of people been scammed with fake capacity cards.

Even good suppliers can sometimes receive fake cards mixed with good cards, especially if their distributors are located in Shenzhen, the center of electronics in China, that also happens to be the center of fake electronics.
Good luck and remember to always use paypal when buying the sd cards for increased safety in case they turn out to be fake. Happy shopping!
http://reviews.ebay.com/Beware-of-new-32Gb-sd-cards?ugid=10000000016578071
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by AndroBlaze: 2:55pm On May 10, 2015
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by sketcherJ(m): 3:04pm On May 10, 2015
Judek2:

already shipped, will collect it on Tuesday. I just pray the card won't disappoint.
update me on ur experience
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by sketcherJ(m): 3:05pm On May 10, 2015
AndroBlaze:
www.nairaland.com/918658/retail-micro-sd-cards-mobile#10699728
tnks...

but which apps can i use to scan

and pls where s d barcode always located on d card?
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by Judek2(m): 4:31pm On May 10, 2015
sketcherJ:
update me on ur experience

Will do.
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by ceejay80s(m): 5:14pm On May 10, 2015
JumiaOnline:

Hi SketcherJ,

All our products sold online to customers are authentic and original. All products go through quality check to make sure they are not sub-standard. This is in our bid to give our customers the best always.

Furthermore, Jumia partners with top brands to resolve in having very good prices across all category of products. In Jumia we believe an authentic product must not neccesarily be expensive to our customers. #BestPriceOnJumia. Thank you SketcherJ.

For further information, kindly contact our customer service team via any of these numbers: 014604400 or 07006000000.
My friend shut up and stop lying, three people have confirm that they bought from jumia and its fake and u are here telling lies, quality check kò, quantity check ní
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by AndroBlaze: 5:46pm On May 10, 2015
sketcherJ:
tnks...

but which apps can i use to scan

and pls where s d barcode always located on d card?

The barcode is located on the retail package and looks like the normal barcode you see on any item you buy at the supermarket.

As long as your smartphone is a bb, android or Iphone and you have a camera on the phone- you should be able to download a barcode/scanner app on your app market.
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by Gptech(m): 7:13pm On May 10, 2015
sketcherJ:
how do i cancel the order boss
Easiest way is to tell dem u ar nt interested anymore when they call u for ur pickup. U can even order 4 a better m/card now. So long ur money is still with u,u ar d boss
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by damatolnew: 7:48pm On May 10, 2015
Judek2:
It can't be fake, i expect jumia to be better than selling fake mem. Cards for how much??
That's at a discounted price of 65%.
I've already ordered mine and the 30,000mah power bank for N3,500.

Please provide the link to the 30,000mah power bank
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by Judek2(m): 8:29am On May 11, 2015
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by Judek2(m): 8:30am On May 14, 2015
The memory card is not original..
Just 2days of use and its already damaged and requesting for reformating..
Jumia should stop patronizing these fake companies selling fake products with discounted price.
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by eleshin(m): 8:37am On May 14, 2015
Judek2:
It can't be fake, i expect jumia to be better than selling fake mem. Cards for how much??
That's at a discounted price of 65%.
I've already ordered mine and the 30,000mah power bank for N3,500.
Pls what's the name of the powerbank? How do I search for it? I need it before the promo ends, thanks.
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by orubebe1(m): 12:25pm On May 14, 2015
I av memorycard for sale.. The model is iconix nd I usually sell 8gb(1k), 16gb(2k), 32gb(3k).. They are all class10..

I just have 3pieces of 16gb which am willing to drop each for 1.5k..

Check my contact and location on my signature. Have sold for many people on NL, check my other username "gooci" to see those av sold to..
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by chukzy17: 4:46pm On May 14, 2015
orubebe1:
I av memorycard for sale.. The model is iconix nd I usually sell 8gb(1k), 16gb(2k), 32gb(3k).. They are all class10..

Check my contact and location on my signature. Have sold for many people on NL, check my other username "gooci" to see those av sold to..

Am in abj so hw can I get d memory card 16gb
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by chukzy17: 4:47pm On May 14, 2015
orubebe1:

Am in abj so hw can I get d memory card 16gb for 1.5k her is my number 08091335271
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by orubebe1(m): 6:45am On May 17, 2015
chukzy17:

Am in abj so hw can I get d memory card 16gb for 1.5k her is my number 08091335271

Location is an issue here o.. I only operate within lagos nd ogun state for now o
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 17, 2015
Thayay:
It's original fake oo my brother,. Never try it, cuz I'm a living witness..... I bought 16gb of same model of memory card(SanDisk) for #1,300 through jumia when i ordered for infinix hot note which i couldn't use due to multiple errors like not being able to format, losing of files when copied, and read only option that can never be changed to read & write option.
My bro, pls never consider buying it, cuz u will eventually regret it oo

Let me share my own experience, i bought that 30000 mah black on jumia, that power bank is jst 2 fake. I charged it for complete 2 days before it got full and it can not even charge my infinix hot note battery of 4000mah to 100% before the useless power bank run down

I bought a 64gig memory card as well for N5600, sandisc was written on it and it claimed to be a class 10, the seller of d good 4 nothing memory card is levier displayed above. I experienced d same thing u experienced with d memory card. It was a bitter experience. Immediately it was delivered from jumia, i sold my existing 32gig memory card bt i moved everyting on d old memory card to my new memory card. The transfer speed is very slow, for q memory card that claimed to be a class 10 moving files @ 2mb/s.

After the transfer some of my files were were corrupted majority went missing., i cant open anything on d memory card, both on phone and on sys, all my files of over 22g b went missing. Av nt gotten over it, am still licking my wounds. It was a bitter pill to swallow. Av called them to come and pick their yeye memory card and refund my hard earned money bt d damages the memory card did to me is irreparable. I regret shopping on jumia. I av never bought a fake memory card before in my life, not until i bought 1 on jumia.
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by Wizzarro(m): 7:02pm On Jan 18, 2016
the 32 gig memory cards on jumia are fake as Bleep angry the one i ordered was nothing to write home about, all my files went into thin ait after purchasing the son of a bitch... bewarned aids is real sad
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by just2endowed: 9:15pm On Jan 18, 2016
Gptech:

Quite interesting and it's unfortunate that top online store sell fake SanDisk, these cards are called copied cards or duplicate. A friend of mine bough a fake 32gig SanDisk and guess the price? It was just 750 naira. It's so weird. I compared it with one I sell and I confirm it online. Mehn it's hard to spot the differences. I wrote am thread on nairaland about identifying a genuine and fake SanDisk 32gig MicroSDCard. Original SanDisk doesn't come cheap to confess. Prices varies on there classes. You can take time to read my thread. I deal with memory cards.

https://www.nairaland.com/2855996/how-spot-fake-sandisk-microsdcard
Re: 32gb For #1750 On Jumia...fake? by just2endowed: 9:20pm On Jan 18, 2016
There has been no complaints from people all over Nigeria even far from the north, that buy from me so far since when I stated selling in 2014. I can confirm I have the original SanDisk itself as mine is authentic and genuine with warranty covered.

As I said, quality and price can't be compared. They go In same. Direction

https://www.nairaland.com/1853577/genuine-sandisk-advance-microsdcard-16g32gig64g/16

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 9 Play Launched With 6000 Mah Battery, Check Out Specs And Price / As From Today, I Say Bye Bye To Tecno And Infinix Phones / Review Nokia E70

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.