Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Malware On Tribune.com.ng - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Malware On Tribune.com.ng (1847 Views)

A Dangerous Malware Known As Ransom32 Discovered - Laptop Owners Beware / The Worst Virus/Malware Infection You've Had On Your PC? / Virus/malware Removal Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Malware On Tribune.com.ng by nitation(m): 7:28am On Feb 07, 2009
Hi folks,

I found something recently that kept me laughing for almost 26hrs. I know you probably guessing what that might be! I was lazy to work on my desk sometime last week, when i decided to read the latest from my Nigerian 'news-people', since we find it hard to buy international newspaper. The only option left is the I N T E R N E T. I opened the pages as usual in this order:

www.sunnewsonline.com
www.punchng.com
www.thisdayonline.com &
www.tribune.com.ng

I got scared when www.tribune.com.ng finally opened with a message, , this website contain malware or is running a service that contains malware.

My people, as the thing come tire me now, i say make i notify the developers. I decided to check their contact page for who to email as i wasn't ready to make an international call from my office [ the bill is killing ]. Then i came up with an email ******webmaster[b]@yahoo.com[/b]

As big as that company, na Y! dem take dey correspond. In fact, the editor too is using a free email service for their day to day act.

I have a Proof of concept below. Also, i will be posting this on my blog soon as i am busy revamping~~

Later

Re: Malware On Tribune.com.ng by nitation(m): 5:48pm On Feb 10, 2009
The manage to fix this issue. Lucky them hey!
Re: Malware On Tribune.com.ng by webstar(m): 8:34pm On Feb 14, 2009
lol, Man , it is simple, its not hard to get them site back. Its a simple logic, the ftp access of this site has been hacked cos its vulnerable to one of the ftp access attacks, the attacker has now uploaded a sniffer in the site, this is done with a simple auto downloading script, whenever u opens the index of this site or any part of it where this keylogger is, it automatically installs in your computer and this keylogger depending on what it is programmed for will send any information open in your computer to the victor grin , FInancial information and other stuffs can be stolen through this method, its called spamming, if u wanna know more about this or how to make sniffers and code key loggers, you have to learn c++ then with any server scripting language like php, python or perl. Man u re there.

Thanx man but u were lucky cos u were checking on mozilla firefox but my own sniffer might not be detected by mozilla : Tc folks
Re: Malware On Tribune.com.ng by nitation(m): 11:27am On Feb 15, 2009
Lol. U sounded like some crack lord in the kingdom of the dark. Anyway, Kudos to your outcome.I would like to enroll for extra classes.

Later
Re: Malware On Tribune.com.ng by webstar(m): 12:29pm On Feb 15, 2009
It is easy to become whatever one wishes for, but let it be in line with our goals cos life has not got all the time for distractions and diversities, tho its good to be enlinghtened about stuffs , all same man if u crack , crack for goodness,
Re: Malware On Tribune.com.ng by webstar(m): 12:35pm On Feb 15, 2009
but w.e u say I dont belong to dark kingdom, I belong to the good , I choose to be a king instead of been a lord, am a king under the almighty Lord, Jesus Christ

4 real
Re: Malware On Tribune.com.ng by nitation(m): 4:59pm On Feb 15, 2009
Perfect combination! No hard feelings hey.
Re: Malware On Tribune.com.ng by yawatide(f): 6:52pm On Feb 15, 2009
This is why I use nothing but FireFox to surf the net wink

I mean, if MSFT came out a few weeks or so ago and advised that ppl stop using IE for the time being due to security loop holes, that pretty much sums it up.
Re: Malware On Tribune.com.ng by webstar(m): 9:14pm On Feb 15, 2009
Hmmm, Net Disaster grows perday, for now mozilla rokx on sniffers but I tell you very soon, they will find patch for this mozilla security, just like before mozilla do detect all forgery pages but these days, this can be bypassed by simple scripting. though new mozilla versions do come always but all same, the best thing is to always update your antiviruses and stuffs,

Thanx to the good guys.
Re: Malware On Tribune.com.ng by jacob05(m): 10:16am On Feb 16, 2009
@webstar
when is you class starting cus am also interested in the behaviour and abilities malware. grin , the evil lord i heal o o o !! {joking}
Re: Malware On Tribune.com.ng by webstar(m): 4:26pm On Feb 16, 2009
anytime u ready frined, we can talk on yahoo IM, mine is webstar5010@yahoo.com or we can talk here just open a new topic for it and we go on and on,

peace to the good guys.
Re: Malware On Tribune.com.ng by nitation(m): 4:18pm On Feb 22, 2009
Amen. We waiting for the class.

(1)

Rare Microsoft Dos Commands / Unlock Your Modem Here / Product Activation Failed..llwhat Is Wrong With My Microsoft Package?pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.