Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture (31538 Views)

Brazilian Tourists Vow To Promote Yoruba Culture / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Oruko Amutorunwa (generic Names In Yoruba Culture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by DickDastardly(m): 3:41pm On May 09, 2015
1stola:

[/s]
Ewu Biafra
Suicidal awolowolo mango head cool

1 Like

Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 09, 2015
[quote author=Taylor86 post=33571920]to me d only thing intresting about d yorubas r there women with big NYASH

every other thing about them is how d igbos will die in lagoon[/quote

Bravo first to say something foolish.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by condralbede(m): 3:42pm On May 09, 2015
Truman155:
abole
Ababino
Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 09, 2015
DickDastardly:

Don't pretend anybody loves you. Give back what you receive bro. As for me onwards.....its all out hate for the other side.
Btw, keep your Ojukwu sermon. Its no love lost going forward cool cool cool

We have lost you

1 Like

Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by rummmy: 3:43pm On May 09, 2015
Isiterere:
proudly Nigerian and proudly Yoruba.

Haters should GO and DIE

ALL IZZ WELL
no atom of truth is found in you after analysing you
Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by chamboy(m): 3:45pm On May 09, 2015
Freemanan:

I have told Seun before that every member should scan a result of their psychiatric test before he/she should be allowed to open a NL account. Now see what We have to live with.
Bro, I fink seun can just ban the suspicious account with mentally derailed users eg SeverusSnape DickDastardly temitemi1 ichidodo Texcoco RevDesmondJuju OREMUSSANCTUS Mogidi and simply asked them to produce their Sanity test Results before they can be Unbanned.

5 Likes

Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by tunery004(m): 3:45pm On May 09, 2015
bright007:

what do you mean by its obvious he never migrated from Benin?

but you believe he fell from the sky
Never bought into the falling from the sky notion. I mentioned 3 places he could have been from.
Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by 1stola: 3:46pm On May 09, 2015
DickDastardly:

Suicidal awolowolo mango head cool
Finally, that Coward Ojukwu slave has grown.

3 Likes

Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by Texcoco(m): 3:48pm On May 09, 2015
chamboy:
Bro, I fink seun can just ban the suspicious account with mentally derailed users eg SeverusSnape DickDastardly temitemi1 ichidodo Texcoco RevDesmondJuju OREMUSSANCTUS n simply asked them to produce their Sanity test Results before they can be Unbanned.
You mad f**king idiiot, what the f**k?!...
Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:48pm On May 09, 2015
chamboy:
u are yoruba jooo
for y na? u 4 giv me firin squad na sad
Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 09, 2015
chamboy:
Bro, I fink seun can just ban the suspicious account with mentally derailed users eg SeverusSnape DickDastardly temitemi1 ichidodo Texcoco RevDesmondJuju OREMUSSANCTUS Mogidi and simply asked them to produce their Sanity test Results before they can be Unbanned.

The name with Uppercase must have gone beyond banning... He needs Jesus

2 Likes

Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 09, 2015
Well if you check it, yorubas don't make much sense.
Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by cutietokunbo: 3:56pm On May 09, 2015
calebo101:
[b]Na just population Yoruba get...... They are so tribalistic and obviously like to think of themselves as sophisticated but then they share that opinion among themselves only. For now they can stand firm with their Northern masters but when push comes to shove they will discover they're standing alone. The Yoruba's should be grateful to Fayose for standing his ground and not allowing them all to be sold to slavery entirely.

The 3 top public figures representing Yorubas---- Obasanjo, Tinubu and Oba Akiolu... While Tinubu is corruption personified and Oba Akiolu has a leaking mouth... Obasanjo is corrupt, has a leaking mouth and has destroyed his own family with his incestuous nature. How can a man sleep with his Son's wife

Anyway i repeat again, the only thing the Yorubas have over any region from the south is population, e nor pass like that. Their hatred for other tribes apart from their Northern masters is appalling to say the least.

[/b]

You are welcome back from your incurable stupidity and unrefined idiocy which is in your DNA as evident in your progenitors who were not only brutalised, maimed and killed by the same Hausas/Fulanis who are your masters since Independence and continue to be your masters as long as they want. Remember, in real world except video games, you don't form an opposition against your Masters but that is exactly what Yoruba political elites and as a Nation has been doing over the years until we decided in 2015 to show you how to play the game without being ridiculed.

They-Hausas/Fulanis (mere school certificate holders) deputised your well educated progenitors in person of Nnamdi Azikiwe(as clueless as Badluck Jonathan) and of course one of the most useless and worthless VP of his time in Africa if not the whole world; Alex Ekwueme in what I called political show of shame.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by DickDastardly(m): 3:57pm On May 09, 2015
1stola:

Finally, that Coward Ojukwu slave has grown.
we don hear, now move over maggot cool
Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by Akinkanju67(m): 3:57pm On May 09, 2015
calebo101:
[b]Na just population Yoruba get...... They are so tribalistic and obviously like to think of themselves as sophisticated but then they share that opinion among themselves only. For now they can stand firm with their Northern masters but when push comes to shove they will discover they're standing alone. The Yoruba's should be grateful to Fayose for standing his ground and not allowing them all to be sold to slavery entirely.

The 3 top public figures representing Yorubas---- Obasanjo, Tinubu and Oba Akiolu... While Tinubu is corruption personified and Oba Akiolu has a leaking mouth... Obasanjo is corrupt, has a leaking mouth and has destroyed his own family with his incestuous nature. How can a man sleep with his Son's wife

Anyway i repeat again, the only thing the Yorubas have over any region from the south is population, e nor pass like that. Their hatred for other tribes apart from their Northern masters is appalling to say the least.

[/b]

You are looking for recognition, U are highly recognised.
Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by DickDastardly(m): 3:59pm On May 09, 2015
chamboy:
Identify your tribe pleb cool
Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by adeA1(m): 3:59pm On May 09, 2015
I feel so elated weneva the tot of bein a YORUBA- a DEVINED TRADITIONALLY CULTURED tribe oozs tru me.

Thanks to GOD almighty am blessed. Wh*t of u?

5 Likes

Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 09, 2015
DickDastardly:
[s][/s]

8. They hate IGBOs so much that they wish all IGBOs drowns in the 'no man's land' Lagoon.
Hit me cool
are u trying to judge a whole tribe by a statement made by just a man which cannot speak for me or my family, am just tired of some of you guys comment most of the time, you guys need to grow up, tribalism has eaten deep into this nation fabric and we youth are doing nothing to arrest the situation

3 Likes

Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 09, 2015
Isiterere:
proudly Nigerian and proudly Yoruba.

Haters should GO and DIE

ALL IZZ WELL
that's too bad of you, what did you stand to gain by his or her death
Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by DickDastardly(m): 4:02pm On May 09, 2015
[s]
daresma93:
are u trying to judge a whole tribe by a statement made by just a man which cannot speak for me or my family, am just tired of some of you guys comment most of the time, you guys need to grow up, tribalism has eaten deep into this nation fabric and we youth are doing nothing to arrest the situation
[/s]

HATE is GOOD cool
Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by xmich(m): 4:03pm On May 09, 2015
chamboy:
u are yoruba jooo
what made him a yoruba or are you trying to force him to your tribe
Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 09, 2015
adepiero:
Some tribalistic IBO bigot are here.

FYI, i'd rather stick with an Hausa than an IBO who's love for money surpasses human life especially those ones from anambra undecided
respect is reciprocal, do unto others what you wish should be done unto you
Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 09, 2015
adepiero:
Some tribalistic IBO bigot are here.

FYI, i'd rather stick with an Hausa than an IBO who's love for money surpasses human life especially those ones from anambra undecided
you're a fool to call anambra people. If there are tribal bigots on the thread, y must you show your foolishness and stupidity by joining in the bigotry. SMH for you
Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 09, 2015
DickDastardly:
[s][/s]

HATE is GOOD cool
give 99 reason's to hate a GOD creature and i will give you 1 reason i will love them

1 Like

Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by klevjey: 4:09pm On May 09, 2015
adepiero:
Don't be too quick to judge.
I schooled and camped in the north so i know very well what northerners are like.
The media has clouded your mind. yes they act crazy at times but don't we all do same? the fact that theirs is publicized doesn't make others saint.

I sometimes wish i was a northerner, their level of piety and kindness is way more compared to any other tribe

I stayed in d north too...so I know wat am saying
Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by Acekidc4(m): 4:09pm On May 09, 2015
DickDastardly:
[iu][s][/s]

8. They hate IGBOs so much that they wish all IGBOs drowns in the 'no man's land' Lagoon.
Hit me cool[/u]
Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by 1stola: 4:11pm On May 09, 2015
DickDastardly:
we don hear, now move over maggot cool
tongue E pain am grin Jobless tripe.

1 Like

Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by upsonn(m): 4:11pm On May 09, 2015
calebo101:

[/b]

Ode!

1 Like

Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by AreaFada2: 4:12pm On May 09, 2015
niceguy7:
Yoruba get culture, like if u agree!

What is called culture when it applies to Yoruba is what tribalists call "witchcraft" when it applies to some other tribes like Benin.
As if traditional belief is not almost universal in Southern Nigeria.
Even most Juju in Benin like Ogun, Ifa, Sango, Olokun, Ayelala, Obatala are hardly different from SW ones.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by temitemi1(m): 4:16pm On May 09, 2015
But I love my igbo friends na grin grin
calebo101:

[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture by AreaFada2: 4:22pm On May 09, 2015

1. According to Yoruba mythology, all Yoruba people are descendants of Odua or Oduduwa. And today, there are over fifty individuals who claim kinship as descendants of Odua/Oduduwa.

This very first one is problematic.
Ododuwa cannot possibly be the progenitor of all Yoruba people. As convenient and fraternity-promoting as it might seem, it cannot be true.

Oduduwa lived less than 1000 years ago. Yoruba people have lived in SW 9ja for thousands of years. Whether they called themselves different names depending on local identity or not.

Odua brought a better integration and a slightly more centralised system through his sons that founded many dynasties or replaced existing local ones. Even then, most of those Kingdoms only nominally felt under Ife influence.

I descend from a ruling house that claims Odua as progenitor by the way.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Igbos In Diaspora Build Mud Houses With Whites To Exhibit Culture / Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri / Red-head African People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.