Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,287 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? (61554 Views)

Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? / Breaking Spiritual Marriages, Spirit Husband And Wife, Sex in the dream. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 09, 2015
When I was between 8 and 11years old—I can't remember the exact age—I had recurring dreams of eating in a gathering, I mean mouth-watering, sumptuous food.

Growing up, I have heard countless of times that eating in the dream symbolises spiritual attack or a mermaid trying to feed you in an attempt to take away your destiny. After those horrible dreams I would wake up to say a prayer for my soul.

Well, I was kind of stubborn in my childhood days and I can recall that most times I dreamt about the scenario of me eating, it’s when I rejected food from my mum just because of little things that transpire.

Recently I dreamt where I attended a Nairaland friend's burial ceremony (I am oblivious of the Nairalander), - lol, it was probably a Nairaland(er) because I'm addicted to this site - and I grabbed a food meant to be buried in the grave with the dead person and ate it.

That’s the scariest dream I have ever had. I was a deist at that time; Religious indoctrination has been part of me and I couldn't help but pray fervently while sweating profusely. It drew me closer to God and brought me back to theism: Christianity.

Although the second dream was scary and seemed like a spiritual attack, I still believe that other dreams i.e. eating in one’s sleep isn't wrong. God made it known that His words are flawless (Proverb 30:5, NIV).

Some churches have indoctrinated us with superstitious belief instead of what the bible really teaches. There is no place the Bible says that eating in the dream is spiritually wrong. You can prove me wrong, anyway! What the bible records is an account of God’s conversation with Apostle Peter in which He told him in a dream to kill some animals and eat. But Peter refused eating and called the animals common. And God detested Peter’s refusal to eat in the dream—that means even God endorsed eating in the dream. He even cautioned peter never to call what he created common (Acts 10:10-15).

If eating in the dream affects a person negatively, God wouldn’t have used it to give peter a revelation.

You should understand that no kind of food can harm us, whether in the dream or in reality. The Bible says that even when we eat poison, it will not harm us (Mark 16:18).

Source - Francistony

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 09, 2015
Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 09, 2015
If you eat in your dream oboi fire prayer oo

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by Rilwayne001: 3:21pm On May 09, 2015
That was a very scary dream.
I go shit for body if I had such a scary dream. ***joking though**
I have had more scary dreams than that.
Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 09, 2015
Rilwayne001:
That was a very scary dream.
I go shit for body if I had such a scary dream. ***joking though**
I have had more scary dreams than that.
Do share, e jor. wink
Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by Rilwayne001: 3:41pm On May 09, 2015
FrancisTony:

Do share, e jor. wink

2 weeks after the death of my cousin, I saw him in my dream. He was crying profusely in the middle of the road. I tried to call his name but my voice was not coming up, I tried as much as possible to shout but I couldn't. I became frustrated and decided to cross the road to go and meet him, all of a sudden there was traffic jam and I couldn't pass. He stood up (still crying) immediately and started going into a building that looks like a cemetry, I was still trying to yell his name but I couldn't, then I started crying too.

I woke up immediately. Even though I slept without closing my door that night, but at that moment when I woke up, there was this breeze that carried my cotton up. I was so scared that I felt something running through my head. I immediately took my Quran and started reciting all I know.

Seriously, I've never been so scared like that night. I used to have scary dreams like that but that was the most scary of them all.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by Pr0ton: 7:04pm On May 09, 2015
Eating in the dream - best dream ever grin grin

And there is another one next to it - lipsrsealed

16 Likes

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 09, 2015
Pr0ton:
Eating in the dream - best dream ever grin grin

And there is another one next to it - lipsrsealed
Which? undecided
Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by ojimbo(m): 11:17pm On May 09, 2015
Your own was just a mere food. I dreamt of where I ate a python, at a point, the python turned into my cousin sister. I kept on eating it. I guess that was my best dream ever. some come dey say i need serious deliverance? abeg come deliver me and tell me what you are delivering from. is it from been unhealthy or been deluded like you? the issue with Nigerians is that they hardly see something as occurring naturally, just assume that you dreaming of where you want to urinate, some people might be stronger to resist urinating on their bed there by waking up immediately without concluding the dream, same thing applies to eating because it has to do with taking in something by yourself, not a reflex action, so majority of people will find it hard to eat in the dream because it is not a reflex action. so some will eventually wake up immediately they want to eat so there by concluding it is demonic to eat in dream. the same group of people will go to bed and bed wet, why because ejaculation is not something you can control, it is a reflex action once you are arouse. some mind may be dreaming of where he is making love, why you bed wet is because you cant control ejaculation not like urinating where you can seize it up.
so my fellow Nigerians if you choose to be possessed, it is for your pocket but as for me, i see everything as occurring naturally

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 09, 2015
ojimbo:
Your own was just a mere food. I dreamt of where I ate a python, at a point, the python turned into my cousin sister. I kept on eating it. I guess that was my best dream ever.
Really?

Hian! Orisirisi

1 Like

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by Nobody: 9:37am On May 10, 2015
Interesting
Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by paxonel(m): 10:39am On May 10, 2015
nothing spiritual is attached to eating in dreams, don't mind Nigeria pastors. na superstition go quench Africa

22 Likes

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by Nastydroid(m): 12:33pm On May 10, 2015
i came to read comments

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by Pr0ton: 1:06pm On May 10, 2015
FrancisTony:

Which? undecided

grin grin
Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by Nobody: 9:39am On May 17, 2015
Hilarious, never had a nasty dream.
Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by eleojo23: 9:55am On May 17, 2015
It's a pity that many Christians still fall into the error of believing this.
I'm sure it started somewhere . Maybe someone in the past ate in his dream and coincidentally, the following day something unpleasant happened to him making him to conclude that it must have been because of the dream. He then told a friend who also agreed that it must have been due to the dream and from there, a new belief was formed that eating in the dream is definitely bad omen.
It is unfortunate that a lot of people have subscribed to this belief. It shows that many people believe in their experiences more than the word of God. And the unfortunate thing is that their beliefs become reality because whatever you believe will surely come to pass.
That's why when people have such dreams, something bad seems to always happen because in their subconscious mind, they expect something bad to happen. They have so much believed in the superstition that their spirit permits events to happen according to their expectations. They may outwardly claim that they believe the word of God but their spirit man believes another thing and it is what their spirit believes that will come to pass.

The reverse is the case for someone whose spirit has caught the revelation of his safety in Christ and is walking in that reality. Even if he sees himself eating in the dream, he is not bothered. In fact, he would see it as a sign that the Lord is about to fill his mouth with good things and supply his needs according to his riches in glory.
And things will turn out like that for him because he believes that everything works out for his good even if it was meant for evil.

The reason why we have to put up so much resistance against the devil and many people are suffering in his hands is because he knows that many Christians don't know that they have authority in Christ.
Let's not give in to fear. That is what gives the enemy a basis to work.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by osile2012: 10:53am On May 17, 2015
Depends on the type of food. If u see urself drinking garri and groundnut in the dream. Then declare 70days fasting. But if u see yourself eating better at a world class 5 star hotel, with dangote and obama. My brother, wake up and tap into the revelation.

Prayer point
1, it must come to pass.
2, it must be permanent

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by hydeka: 5:28am On May 24, 2015
Here to read comments

2 Likes

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by Ishilove: 6:15am On May 24, 2015
undecided

So much ignorance in the world.

@op, in some cases it might just be the mind up to its usual shenanigans. Like fantasising about banga and fufu, and thus when you sleep you dream of it. I know this has happened to me a couple of times.

On the flipside, it is a demonic attack against a person's life, health or destiny. For example, that lady tormented by spirit husband. She only sees this demon whenever she eats in the dream. She prays and this spirit withdraws, but when she becomes careless or prayerless, she eats in the dream once, twice, and voila! spirit husband reappears. What is happening here is the food is reinforcing whatever legality that the demon has in her life, and the lady herself has not been serious about going for proper deliverance prayers.

These dream foods come to pollute one's spirit man, thereby making it more susceptible to satanic manipulation. I will give you another example: a fellow dreamt he ate bloody raw chicken and stepped down with toilet water. After this dream, his life turned to hell for the next four years and it took two weeks of dryfasting and deliverance before his life was renewed.

Some of these dream foods deposit sickness in one's life. A sister I personally know ate in the dream and two days later a painful lump appeared in her breast. After fervent prayers and ministrations where she vomited some strange objects, the lump disappeared as suddenly as it appeared, and till date it has never reappeared. This happened seven years ago.

My point here is that although in a lot of cases it is just our minds/subconscious craving for particular kinds of foods, in MOST cases, it is spiritual pollution.

Feel free to scoff at, laugh, ridicule etc what I have written, but the world is a deeply mysterious place controlled by forces we cannot comprehend. You will not understand until your eyes have been opened.

PS: to the fellow up there who claims he ate a python in the dream, if indeed you are serious, well then, Mr Man, you are in serious trouble. You NEED deliverance.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by ANGELMARVE(m): 6:22am On May 24, 2015
depends on who gave u d food and what type of food. "now wen an angel dressed in all white gives u a strayberry,an orange or apple to eat, it means its no danger but when an ordinary human gives u food lyk beans, eba, rice with meats to eat then that can be so so dangerous.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by daamazing(m): 6:23am On May 24, 2015

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by GabrielSuswam(m): 6:23am On May 24, 2015
I play in my dream, I dream in My Dream(Inception), I'm a Billionaire in My Dream, I Date Beyoncé in My Dream, I Kiss Female Celebrities in My Dream, I Play Football alongside Messi and Neymar In My Dream..

So what's wrong if I dream that I'm enjoying a Good Nkwobi? Nigerians and Spirituality Self

2 Likes

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by publicenemy(m): 6:24am On May 24, 2015
To all you guys talking about superstitions, the earlier you start believing in these things the better for you because life is filled with mysterious and inexplicable phenomenons.

Between june,july and august 2014 I constantly had this dream that I broke all or sometimes many teeth in my mouth. I would wake at night after having these dreams and instead of praying to rebuke what ever it is I would go back to sleep. It continued for 3 months until the 10th of october when I had an accident and broke both bones in my left arm,I spent over N500k treating my self and the physical,psychological distress it caused me almost made me commit suicide.infact I literally prayed every night for God to take my life in my sleep.

All I had to do was pray for just one of those nights... Just one night... Just one but the believe that its all superstition coupled with laziness stopped me. So my Nairaland brothers and sisters, it will take nothing from you to go on ur knees for just 2 minutes and pray to God wether you believe in him or not...just say any kind of prayer after having any dream that makes you wake up scared. You never know it may just save ur life. If you believe there is a devil or any kind of spiritual forces or even magic then you should believe there is a God.
I am not a reeligous person, I don't go to church..minfact right now am layin in my bed as I type this... But when am in trouble especially spiritual situations that I know I can't deal with.. Omo...if I dey pray, today you go think say na my last prayer.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by pretydiva(f): 6:24am On May 24, 2015
M here 2 learn

1 Like

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by Okijajuju1(m): 6:24am On May 24, 2015
No..

Reason: You have absolutely no control over your dreams nor what happens in it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by Nobody: 6:25am On May 24, 2015
With the rate of hunger in naija
I don't mind correct pounded yam, egusi soup with better cow tail every night

Yummy

8 Likes

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by Pinkiedearie(f): 6:25am On May 24, 2015
.personally..eating in the dream aint cool atall..

As a little girl,I had those issues..buh mum asked me to pray about it..and I'm free now..

1 Like

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by ednut1(m): 6:25am On May 24, 2015
i kissed a gal in my dream last night, is she a witch or am i doomed
Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by Nobody: 6:25am On May 24, 2015
Nooooooo

I eat in the dream every now ND then...

I am a realist and I believe dreams are messages from our subconscious.... I see eating in the dream as a pointer for "want of knowledge"

Wenever I eat I believe I need to learn something new...

I even have sex, fly and swim in my dreams. These dreams have separate MSGs... being naked means u have a secret *nd u are afraid of being exposed.

Knowledge is the principal thing... seek knowledge!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Spiritual To Eat In The Dream? by Nobody: 6:26am On May 24, 2015
FrancisTony:

Source - Francistony

it might be harmful to Nigeria religious fanatics but white people have no problem eating or loving in the dream........... they do everyday and still prospering.
Besides, it not written in the bible that is dangerous to eat in dream

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Godwin Ebuka Ebenezer: Best Graduating Student Of NPA Salutes God Of Chosen / Man Bows For Pastor Sam Jaiyeola, Greets Him In Delta State (Photos) / "Female Medical Student Delivered From Stealing & Masturbation By TB Joshua"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.