Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? (29203 Views)

Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) / The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba / Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Niwdog(m): 1:29pm On May 13, 2015
i can speak igbo(vry well) yoruba(not very well) Igala """ idoma """ anioma igbo and hausa(very well)
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by chiMoni37(m): 1:34pm On May 13, 2015
I speak igbo,izon-ebe,nembe,small epie atissa,yoruba nd smal ibibio
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by scholes0(m): 1:36pm On May 13, 2015
chiMoni37:
I speak igbo,izon-ebe,nembe,small epie atissa,yoruba nd smal ibibio

Just call all the three Ijaw
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by chiMoni37(m): 1:39pm On May 13, 2015
scholes0:

Just call all the three Ijaw
..No sir..they r difrnt languages wit very little similarity
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Mayor21(m): 1:40pm On May 13, 2015
I rep Ejagham/Ekoi
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Hoii(m): 1:48pm On May 13, 2015
scholes0:

Oh wow... how Interesting.
What are the original Egun names? Your Egun parents named you Olu?
Olu from Olumide.
Egun name: Sewanu.
Are you Egun?

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Macelliot(m): 2:04pm On May 13, 2015
Young03:
confirm am from obukpa
great! Welcome.
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Macelliot(m): 2:06pm On May 13, 2015
Niwdog:
i can speak igbo(vry well) yoruba(not very well) Igala """ idoma """ anioma igbo and hausa(very well)
Are you from Anioma?
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 13, 2015
Truth24:
Ekpe ikot, Abadea
idiokor, afoo ?
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 13, 2015
john4aguero:

Nyin inie Ibibio cool cool
afed arfed !!!

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 13, 2015
I can speak igbo, hausa and english.

//a litlle fulani **shushu, kpetere, kugaljamma, a'nyamai shushu? grin, war dilli, etc etc**
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by deygar: 2:57pm On May 13, 2015
Me I speak,hausa,yoruba,and yala language of cross river state..very similar 2 idoma language of benue..
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by IYANGBALI: 2:58pm On May 13, 2015
prettymina:
Haba kilode y d insult :-Xse emi ati e ni oro tele ni
I just wanted to confirm your comments that you speak Yoruba. Sowie no vex,ma binu se o gbo? Mama nkeshe give am 5 plates of monkey pepper soup and 10 cartons of alomo cheesy
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by IYANGBALI: 3:00pm On May 13, 2015
Macelliot:

I just wanted to confirm your comments that you speak Yoruba. Sowie no vex,ma binu se o gbo? Mama nkeshe give am 5 plates of monkey pepper soup and 10 cartons of alomo cheesy
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 13, 2015
Beautiful thread! Omo Yoruba ni mi
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by prettymina(f): 3:21pm On May 13, 2015
IYANGBALI:
oooo serious no b only monkey. Na okini.pepper soup.
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by IYANGBALI: 3:26pm On May 13, 2015
prettymina:
oooo serious no b only monkey. Na okini.pepper soup.
tongue
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Niwdog(m): 3:30pm On May 13, 2015
Macelliot:
Are you from Anioma?
no
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by scholes0(m): 3:44pm On May 13, 2015
Hoii:
Olu from Olumide.
Egun name: Sewanu.
Are you Egun?

no i am not, i was just wondering.
What does Sewanu mean, and why don't you carry/bear it?
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Badassniggga(m): 3:45pm On May 13, 2015
I speak fluent badass lagos-tout-kinda yoruba. Ebira, understands hausa but can only speak little,
and a bit of nupe(thanks to my nupe landlady and daughters)
yoruba- bawo ni ore? Koni baje fun e padi mi.
Ebira- nwaoo nini, anyari ekuhi éèta.
Hausa- inaaoni nku? Yaa keyi ne? Yaya garin?
Nupe- kube laaji, Yaobeé shinan?

3 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by visita: 3:50pm On May 13, 2015
Haqq4young:
I rep#Ebira
etemeya, avudahi?

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by visita: 3:52pm On May 13, 2015
adelurv:
I can speak Edo( ishan ), hausa, yoruba, ibira and Igala fluently. But I so wish to learn igbo.
All of these? Should I test you in ebira?
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Hoii(m): 3:54pm On May 13, 2015
scholes0:

no i am not, i was just wondering.
What does Sewanu mean, and why don't you carry/bear it?
ok.
Sewanu means..
Thank God in English
Oluwaseun in Yoruba
Chukwudaalu in Igbo
Bariaya in Khana.
Sure i use it in my credentials

3 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Abbey2sam(m): 3:56pm On May 13, 2015
I speak
yoruba kabba Hausa
and a little bit of fulfude
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by scholes0(m): 4:01pm On May 13, 2015
Badassniggga:
I speak fluent badass lagos-tout-kinda yoruba.
Ebira, understands hausa but can only speak little,

and a bit of nupe(thanks to my nupe landlady and daughters)

yoruba- bawo ni ore? Koni baje fun e padi mi.

Ebira- nwaoo nini, anyari ekuhi éèta.

Hausa- inaaoni nku? Yaa keyi ne? Yaya garin?

Nupe- kube laaji, Yaobeé shinan?

Impressive
Which one of them do you have the best understanding / command of?
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by visita: 4:07pm On May 13, 2015
Ebira and Yoruba
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by andibanj(m): 4:13pm On May 13, 2015
#I rep Bekwarra cos that's my Originality nd am pround of ma Lingua Francha#...[/color][color=#006600]
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Ezemust: 4:21pm On May 13, 2015
YonkijiSappo:

lol.... easy
I have the knowledge of milking a cow, but I am also a learned/erudite good writer.

btw: I have some Video of Miyeti Allah Kawtal hoore in Nigeria, done completely in Fulfulde, I want to compile them and send it to one facebook page called Zone fulbe. watch out bro.
i love to see educated Fulanis.they are wiser dan the core bause
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Badassniggga(m): 4:27pm On May 13, 2015
scholes0:

Impressive
Which one of them do you have the best understanding / command of?
yoruba and ebira.. Despite the fact i was born and bred in the SW, i can give those living at my hometown(obehira, okene) a run for their money when it comes to fluency rate of the ebira language..

I started learning hausa and nupe 3yrs ago after my admission to futminna, i understand a large chunk of hausa language due to its vast popularity over here but can't speak much due to school things. I'm always having trouble giving response to the elderly anytime i'm having a conversation, but i can tell what you're saying..

And as for nupe, hmmm, that language hard die. Can you believe i can only speak the basics from the past couple'o yrs? E.g, bie go i.e come here, ki o, ki jon i.e what's the matter?
Kube gidi sir, kube lo sun sir i.e good afternoon sir, good evening.. Etc.
That's the extent of my nupe abilities..

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Ezemust: 4:30pm On May 13, 2015
Having traveled far and wide i can speak:1,Igbo kwenu,2,abomi IGALA olane ooo.3,little YORUBA.4,DEKRECHI (zuru)ilele.5,kanberichi(kontagora)eku.6,Hausa,masu gudu sugudu sai baba Buhari
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Ezemust: 4:44pm On May 13, 2015
Macelliot:
Nice One! Am from Opi...
wow.confusion yadima.am from IBAGWA-AKA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Africans/ Deodorant / Prince Gbadegesin Ogunoye, Olowo Of Owo - Elect Bows Out Of Public Service / Lovely Names For Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.