Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

How Do You Comfort A Young Widow? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How Do You Comfort A Young Widow? (369 Views)

Ycee - AHAHN (a Young M.A Cover) / A Young Talented Artist [ Enymilo Taken] Search [enymilo Taken] In Youtube / A Young Talented Artist [ Enymilo Taken] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Comfort A Young Widow? by MojiDelano(f): 4:25pm On May 09, 2015
When you finally get in front of a very young widow with two little kids, how do you begin to comfort her? What are the appropriate words, how do you comport yourself, what facial expression do you adorn. Do you smile or frown. Do you keep a straight face? Do you try to hug her or do you hold her hands and squeeze them? And finally, do you join in the tears
These were the numerous thoughts and more that came to my mind as I drove towards Sly's outing service at the very beautiful Catholic Church somewhere in VI. I was heavily rehearsing just incase I saw myself in front of IVY the young widow Sly had just left. I needn't worry because the church was expectedly full with his friends, acquaintances and family all wearing black shirts announcing his kingship of Hip hop Radio. I got there at almost the end of the service and met so many friends I was almost surprised.

It is at this kind of event that you realize just how small this world is. You begin to meet people and wonder how they are related to the family. The linkages are very exciting, school, work, church, marriage are the main platforms that tie everybody together

And then IVY takes the mic and reads out a poem, She was stubborn, refusing to breakdown and in a continuous fight with nature. She paused every other second took in deep breaths and wickedly refused to breakdown and cry. Death, you will not humiliate me any further must have been her mantra as she read Sly's words. She won this time and I saw death fly through the stained glasses of this Catholic Church as she finished this poem with courage and boldness and announced her readiness to begin the rest of her life without her devoted sly.

As the coffin carrying his body roll past, I looked into her eyes and once again I saw the boldness. This was not just an ordinary widow, this was a strong willed woman who was determined to keep Sly's flag flying. She held the tears, her face in defiance, begging people not to pity her. She did not need pity, she just wanted to be left alone to mourn her Sly.

The procession left the church and in a motorcade it drove into the hot Afternoon that was Victoria island that day.

Ivy is a strong woman but just how long can you hold out? How long can you continue to fight the tears and how long can you continue to be defiant?She needs shoulders to lean on? She will more than ever need Hilda's motherly mien to help her mourn her way to strength.

God bless you my daughter. I can't wait to see you smile again.

http://josephedgarng..com/2015/05/how-do-you-comfort-young-widow.html

TheRealMrStan, Lalasticlala, Ishilove Seun

(1) (Reply)

Upcoming Artistes, Djs And Music Producers In Need Of Beats Enter.. / We Find Artist Paid Show And Record Label Nationwide / RATE: Minjin And Pepenazi's See You Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.