Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Adventures Of Dr. Anofela - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Adventures Of Dr. Anofela (623 Views)

Adventures Of The Village Idiot / Adventures Of A Unilag Student / Adventures Of Big T (by Osusu Talks) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adventures Of Dr. Anofela by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 09, 2015
Adventures of Dr. Anofela

She was one of the doctors on duty that night. And as a member of “Doctors Without Borders”, she was free to enter any ward of any hospital of her choice without seeking permission from anybody. She had entered this particular ward earlier on and hid herself behind the entrance door. There she would remain till it was time to attend to the patients.

She thought of other members of her team, and knew they all would have found themselves in one ward or the other ready for work tonight’s work. If not for the violent nature of the patients, their work was actually simple and easy. Injecting patients with the IST (Immune System Tester) formula and then further more collect their blood samples is no big deal.

“Stupid patients”, she muttered. “They are the most wicked and super stupid creatures made by God”.
“Why are they so unreasonable and violent, always seeking to kill doctors at sight? “ She wondered. “Didn’t God, say ‘Thou shall not kill?’“.
Anyway, she and her team would continue to do their work no matter the risks! They would inject as much patients as possible and collect as much blood samples as well! If the patients like let them do something about their immunity, if not let them continue to take antidotes.
At the thought of the antidotes, she shook her head.

Why do they resort to the use of antidotes to neutralise the formula instead of boosting their immune system. When will they understand that if their immune system is strong, the IST formula will have no effect on them? If not that they are all are block heads, they would be happy to get injected with the formula every day. Is it not to help them to always check their immune systems and thereby keep them at optimum level? Though some of the patients do die as a result of the formula, if they do not take antidote, but that is their business. Such deaths should even be a warning to the others to do something about their immune systems. But will they? She thought

Soon it was lights out! She smiled to herself and muttered, “Time for action”. She waited some minutes more before crawling out of her hide out. Her eyes were trained to see deep into darkness, her nose trained to smell out patients with fresh blood: those ones whom have not received the formula injection in a long time, tend to have fresher blood.

Mmmmmh! The taste of fresh blood! She had missed it since the previous night. She had fully entered the ward, and could mark out three patients. The last time she entered this particular ward, they were only two; a woman and her child. This third occupant must be the master of the home; he must have travelled and just came back. She moved closer and observed each of them closely. The man looked so very deep asleep! He must have been tired due to his journeys. Obviously, he needed her attention.

She moved closer to him, and then brought out her SLT (sleep level tester). SLT is small horn that is blown to the ears of a sleeping person to test how deep asleep they were. She took it close to the man's ears and blew it.
Paaaaa paaaaa paaa
The man did not shake, she moved closer, positioned it right into his ear and blew it louder, paaaaaaa, paaaaaa, paaaaa. Yet the man did not move an inch.
Satisfied he was deep asleep; she stood up in an upright position and gave him a salute.
‘Welcome Sir” she said as she smiled then brought out her syringe. She positioned it on a nice spot on his neck, drove it down and emptied the contents. Then she relaxed to collect some blood sample.

Well, they use the samples to incubate other doctors of their kind. On the other hand, they also taste it. She tasted this one and it was awesome! She loved the man’s blood. She got carried away and drove her syringe deeper. At that, the man woke up angrily and hit that spot with all his strength but she was too smart for that.

By the time the slap landed, she was gone! She heard the man’s grunt of “Oh my God”! The wife woke and asked him, “What is it my dear?”.
“Mosquito” he said with a sigh.

By then Dr. Anofela was already by the window! She looked back and saw the man scratching his neck. She smiled to herself on mission accomplished!

“I will be back tomorrow” she said in triumph!
Re: Adventures Of Dr. Anofela by Nobody: 7:49am On May 10, 2015
This is actually my post post here.

I was hoping someone would at least offer an opinion.
I would love to see my mistakes pointed out.

Or perhaps I did not communicate at all?

Thanks and cheers to all.
Re: Adventures Of Dr. Anofela by obstead200(m): 8:41am On May 10, 2015
Nice short story. At first I tot u were talking about a real doctor. Next I tot u were talking about vampires.
It was towards d end of Ur story that u realised it was a mosquito
Re: Adventures Of Dr. Anofela by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 10, 2015
obstead200:
Nice short story. At first I tot u were talking about a real doctor. Next I tot u were talking about vampires.
It was towards d end of Ur story that I realised it was a mosquito

Yea, it was mosquito.

Thanks for your comment.
It was a great relief knowing I communicated.

Now, apart from knowing it was mosquito, how is the concept?
Did it make sense?

What could I have done better?

(1) (Reply)

The Forgotten Chibok Girl? / Ibiye Sokari / A Short Story: A Disaster Ahead Of You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.