Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? (11271 Views)

More Headache For Trinitarians!(NON-CHRISTIANS ARE NOT INVITED) / 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix / A Question Directed To Trinitarians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 12:25am On May 21, 2015
Appleyard:

Another problem i see that some of us here have, is inconsistency.
Like our brother Johnw74,

I will make it clear, I am a Christian and not a brother to evil.

when faced with certain facts, he denied that he never argued on God's unlimited presence and capability to do different things at one time, but when same scriptures now speaks and extablished the Almighty's power of Omnipresence and outright ability to do two different things at the same time, he won't accept any of it.

Of course you didn't post quotes to those lies of yours did you?
for they do not exist do they?
satan is also the father of liars, isn't he?
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 12:45am On May 21, 2015
Appleyard:

And much of what you called delusions are as a results of scriptures countering a satanic doctrine that has become part of you;

That's just a very weak way of rejecting Psalm 110:1 isn't it?
of being unable to reply to it's truth isn't it?
and instead you prefer to continue accusing and holding onto lies, don't you?

johnw74:

Much of what you call facts is just your delusion.

Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. Jehovah said to my Lord, Sit at My right hand until I place Your enemies as Your footstool.

Jehovah God, said to the Word Jesus Christ, sit at my right hand...

coupled with your inability to to accept that you have been misled in worshiping what you dont know..

lies, lies. lies,
right down the page
post after post
page after page

I'm very happy to announce I worship the Father of my Lord Jesus Christ
and I know Him
more importantly He knows me

He doesn't know habitual liars
His Spirit of course is not in them
is why they continually lie.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 12:55am On May 21, 2015
Appleyard:

I will only answer you, only on this case, because, our salvation is very important, than our inability to cope with all the scriptural facts that have provided themselves so far.
And if at the end people like we can't get this to heart, it will mean God will have to give us more of his grace.

Now, let the scriptures again interprete themselves. smiley

Mathew28vs19.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Now, like i said earlier, this is very central to the Godhead issue, and it is good that we should hear from the scriptures themselves, and let God alone guide us into all truth.

Now from what we just read, shortly after Christ was Risen, and before He was to ascend, He gave a grand command to the disciples, for the purpose of SALVATION, and that command is very vital to the spiritual life of every believer; in the sense that, it shows if you agree or disagree with the Gospel of Christ (His death and resurrection.)
And this command is BAPTISM! (mark.16vs16)

Thus, in giving this commandment, the Lord Jesus, who can not Lie, said, 'go and baptize them in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost,

Is such directive not as simple as it is? Is it not as straight forward as it is? Of course so..

But behold the shocker!
The Disciples cum Apostles NEVER DID BAPTIZED ANYONE IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, AND OF THE SON, AND OF THE HOLY GHOST.

Jesus!

Why?

Are they not been disobedient? Why did they carry out another formula? Why why why?

Remember the promised Holy Spirit that was to guide them into all truth, which actually came in Acts 2?
Then how come that after recieving the Holy Ghost, they didnt keep to the command as stated in Math,28vs19? Or was something wrong somwhere?

Lets see through Math.28vs19:

Lets get it clear!

He didnt say; ' in the NAMES of father, son, and Holy Spirit, neither did he said, 'in the Name of the Father, name of the Son, and name of the Holy Ghost.

Now WATCH IT;

He said, in the Name (not Names) of the Father -(is father a name?) and of the Son-(is Son a name?) and of the Holy Ghost-(is Holy Ghost a name?)

what does it tells you? It means, in the Name of the Father-(The Father has a name), and of the Son (the Son has a name) and of the Holy Ghost (the Holy Ghost has a name).

Now, what is the Name of the Father? Is it Joseph? No. For He was not formed by his sperm. Did He gave a name to Himself? No. Then what was the name? John5vs43--I COME IN MY FATHER'S NAME- what is the name, and where did it come from?-Luke.1vs30-31- the name is from above the name is Jesus. Thus since He had no other name he is bearing, He then is bearing the name of the father-JESUS!

THE NAME OF THE SON-thus, is same as above-JESUS!

What is the name of the Holy Spirit? John.14vs26--the Holy Ghost whom the Father will send in My NAME--(He bever said by my name),Thus, the Name of the Holy Ghost is JESUS!

Did you get that now? No wonder the Apostles never baptized anyone in the WHOLE BIBLE by the dictates of Math.28vs19, for they correctly understood, by the Holy Ghost that came upon them on pentecost, that Father, Son; and Holy Ghost are titles of a NAME called- THE LORD JESUS CHRIST! Thus, they baptized everyone in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

They were not disobedient to Jesus regarding math.28vs19.
The Holy Spirit actually led them to the truth:

Acts 2vs1-38,41
Acts 10vs47-48
even them that baptized wrongly previously were rebaptized in the Name of the Lord Jesus.
Acts 19vs1-6.

And the rest went without any mention of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost:

ActS 8vs36-39,
Acts 9vs17-18,
Acts 16vs13-15,
Acts 18vs8,
Acts 22vs16.

And we are baptized into Christ, (not father son and spirit)- Gal. 3vs27.

Because we have One Faith, One Lord,One Baptism-- Eph.4vs5.

In line with the directives in Colosians 3vs17.

The Holy Spirit the Disciples recieved in Acts 2 could'nt have led them astray. Saying that would be blasphemous. Rather, It thought them all things as promised.

Thus, the Name Lord Jesus, is the perfect Name for the Name Demanded in Mathew 28vs19.

One Great Entity all The Time.

Thank you all.

You go to great lengths to twist scripture into saying something else
apparently Jesus instruction to baptise in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit was wrong according to you,
and so the disciples-apostles changed it you say
your attempt is very weak, but it is in fact evil to reject and change scriptures as you do.
The verse means exactly what Jesus Christ said.

Mat_28:19 Therefore go and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Deu 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 1:16am On May 21, 2015
Appleyard:

Another fact!

JESUS CHRIST OF THE NEW TESTAMENT IS JEHOVAH OF THE OLD TESTAMENT!

Hahhahahahahahaha !cheesycheesycheesy

Oh, Glorious God!

.One being all the time! What a Mystery!

Much of what you call facts is just your delusion.

Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. Jehovah said to my Lord, Sit at My right hand until I place Your enemies as Your footstool.

Jehovah God, said to the Word Jesus Christ, sit at my right hand...
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 1:21am On May 21, 2015
Appleyard:

hahahahhahahahaha..cheesycheesycheesy..

Thus, unto what were ye trinitarians baptized?cheesy

because before you can talk of someone not knowing Jesus, you should first check your own end.

For if you are baptized in the name of father, son and holy spirit, then you are not even in Christ at the first place...

So, are we ready, Mr Johnw?cheesycheesy.. Cos this is also central to the Godhead, and so, you can take it as A SUB-TOPIC....

see yah! sad

No joke!:|

Mat_28:19 Therefore go and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

It was Jesus Christ who said to baptize them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
appleyard said if you are baptized in the name of the Father, the son, and the Holy Spirit then you are not even in Christ at the first place...

Pro 30:6 Do not add to His Words, lest He reprove you and you be found a liar.

You appleyard are found a liar in nearly every one of your posts.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by 5solas(m): 10:22am On May 21, 2015
An2elect2:

Lol okay. But can it be some other time? Am in a "passive mood" right now. Would love to hear i mean read what you have to say. Will you?
Would like to know what you disagree with first.
On the other hand, I will go through the thread and comment later.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by An2elect2(f): 2:59pm On May 21, 2015
5solas:

Would like to know what you disagree with first.
On the other hand, I will go through the thread and comment later.

Okay. I think going through the thread first will help. And am still awaiting your comment!
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by zodiakzax: 7:18pm On May 21, 2015
Appleyard:

I will only answer you, only on this case, because, our salvation is very important, than our inability to cope with all the scriptural facts that have provided themselves so far.
And if at the end people like we can't get this to heart, it will mean God will have to give us more of his grace.

Now, let the scriptures again interprete themselves. smiley

Mathew28vs19.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Now, like i said earlier, this is very central to the Godhead issue, and it is good that we should hear from the scriptures themselves, and let God alone guide us into all truth.

Now from what we just read, shortly after Christ was Risen, and before He was to ascend, He gave a grand command to the disciples, for the purpose of SALVATION, and that command is very vital to the spiritual life of every believer; in the sense that, it shows if you agree or disagree with the Gospel of Christ (His death and resurrection.)
And this command is BAPTISM! (mark.16vs16)

Thus, in giving this commandment, the Lord Jesus, who can not Lie, said, 'go and baptize them in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost,

Is such directive not as simple as it is? Is it not as straight forward as it is? Of course so..

But behold the shocker!
The Disciples cum Apostles NEVER DID BAPTIZED ANYONE IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, AND OF THE SON, AND OF THE HOLY GHOST.

Jesus!

Why?

Are they not been disobedient? Why did they carry out another formula? Why why why?

Remember the promised Holy Spirit that was to guide them into all truth, which actually came in Acts 2?
Then how come that after recieving the Holy Ghost, they didnt keep to the command as stated in Math,28vs19? Or was something wrong somwhere?

Lets see through Math.28vs19:

Lets get it clear!

He didnt say; ' in the NAMES of father, son, and Holy Spirit, neither did he said, 'in the Name of the Father, name of the Son, and name of the Holy Ghost.

Now WATCH IT;

He said, in the Name (not Names) of the Father -(is father a name?) and of the Son-(is Son a name?) and of the Holy Ghost-(is Holy Ghost a name?)

what does it tells you? It means, in the Name of the Father-(The Father has a name), and of the Son (the Son has a name) and of the Holy Ghost (the Holy Ghost has a name).

Now, what is the Name of the Father? Is it Joseph? No. For He was not formed by his sperm. Did He gave a name to Himself? No. Then what was the name? John5vs43--I COME IN MY FATHER'S NAME- what is the name, and where did it come from?-Luke.1vs30-31- the name is from above the name is Jesus. Thus since He had no other name he is bearing, He then is bearing the name of the father-JESUS!

THE NAME OF THE SON-thus, is same as above-JESUS!

What is the name of the Holy Spirit? John.14vs26--the Holy Ghost whom the Father will send in My NAME--(He bever said by my name),Thus, the Name of the Holy Ghost is JESUS!

Did you get that now? No wonder the Apostles never baptized anyone in the WHOLE BIBLE by the dictates of Math.28vs19, for they correctly understood, by the Holy Ghost that came upon them on pentecost, that Father, Son; and Holy Ghost are titles of a NAME called- THE LORD JESUS CHRIST! Thus, they baptized everyone in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

They were not disobedient to Jesus regarding math.28vs19.
The Holy Spirit actually led them to the truth:

Acts 2vs1-38,41
Acts 10vs47-48
even them that baptized wrongly previously were rebaptized in the Name of the Lord Jesus.
Acts 19vs1-6.

And the rest went without any mention of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost:

ActS 8vs36-39,
Acts 9vs17-18,
Acts 16vs13-15,
Acts 18vs8,
Acts 22vs16.

And we are baptized into Christ, (not father son and spirit)- Gal. 3vs27.

Because we have One Faith, One Lord,One Baptism-- Eph.4vs5.

In line with the directives in Colosians 3vs17.

The Holy Spirit the Disciples recieved in Acts 2 could'nt have led them astray. Saying that would be blasphemous. Rather, It thought them all things as promised.

Thus, the Name Lord Jesus, is the perfect Name for the Name Demanded in Mathew 28vs19.

One Great Entity all The Time.

Thank you all.

simple, my question to you is how do you pray? Do you pray to the Father in the name of Jesus?
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by zodiakzax: 7:41pm On May 21, 2015
The Trinity is not something that needs to be taught or understood. It's a truth that the Holy Spirit witness to our spirit. That is the very foundation of our faith. That is our believe. You blv Jesus is God, true He is God, and the Holy Spirit is God and the Father is God. So if you acknowledge Jesus, then I am okay. After all it's just the same thing. We will not be Christians if we don't acknowledge Jesus as our saviour. When we become born again, we accept Jesus and the Holy Spirit comes to live in us. We believe Jesus is sitting at the right hand of God (Mark 16:20,Romans. 8:34) and He intercedes to God for us. You know part truth and we have the whole truth, we donot deny your truth that Jesus is God and God is one, but you see there's a greater truth and that is Jesus is the Word of God, and Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and the Father is God and this three are one.What matters is you blv in Jesus. I don't know how you pray though but that's up to u.cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by bingbagbo(m): 8:10pm On May 21, 2015
zodiakzax:
The Trinity is not something that needs to be taught or understood. It's a truth that the Holy Spirit witness to our spirit. That is the very foundation of our faith. That is our believe. You blv Jesus is God, true He is God, and the Holy Spirit is God and the Father is God. So if you acknowledge Jesus, then I am okay. After all it's just the same thing. We will not be Christians if we don't acknowledge Jesus as our saviour. When we become born again, we accept Jesus and the Holy Spirit comes to live us. We believe Jesus is sitting at the right hand of God (Mark 16:20,Romans. 8:34) and He intercedes to God for us. You know part truth and we have the whole truth, we donot deny your truth that Jesus is God and God is one, but you see there's a greater truth and that is Jesus is the Word of God, and Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and the Father is God and this three are one.What matters is you blv in Jesus. I don't know how you pray though but that's up to u.cheers

so you worship 3 distinct Gods who are together....refer to deuteronomy 6:4

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT JESUS IS YOUR SAVIOR? THEN SEE THIS, Isaiah 43:11 I, I am Jehovah; and there is no Savior [yasha`, Strong’s #3467] besides Me..

PRAY cool
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Barnabaseloka(m): 10:57pm On May 21, 2015
bingbagbo:

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT JESUS IS YOUR SAVIOR? THEN SEE THIS, Isaiah 43:11 I, I am Jehovah; and there is no Savior [yasha`, Strong’s #3467] besides Me..

PRAY cool
How many times will you be made to understand that we do not worship three distinct Gods. The Father is God. The Son and the Spirit have the nature of God in them, making them God (but not the Father).
If the Son and the Spirit have in them ALL things (the nature) that made the Father to be God, will they not act as God in everything? If you possess all the qualities that your father has, will you not act like your father in everything? Yet, you are not your father, but a son to your father.
All that matters is believing in Jesus Christ and be saved!

1 Like

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 1:02am On May 22, 2015
bingbagbo:

PRAY cool

No matter how many times it has been told you that there are three persons in One God
you cannot help but lyingly accuse just like satan does, and say, "you believe in three distinct gods"

Jehovah or LORD is the Jewish name for God
God is, God and the Word
there is no Saviour beside Him.

Of course this is for the benefit of believers.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 7:06am On May 26, 2015
jw lies describing the Trinity < my words

Part of the article:
“The Watch Tower of June 1882 stated: “At this time, therefore, the doctrine of three Gods was invented …”” Proclaimers p.125

“The disgusting idolatry of the religions of Christendom and pagandom has been set aside by Jehovah's restored people. Their worship is not distributed to three gods in one, the so-called godhead of some mysterious Trinity, but they are united as the one people who worship the one God, Jehovah.” Watchtower 1984 Mar 1 p.23

“… a trinity of three gods in one, …” Awake! 1998 Dec 8 p.11

“… teach that God is a trinity of three gods in one, …” Awake! 1989 Jan 22 p.23

"If he is one Jehovah, then could he be three gods, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, as the Trinitarians teach?" Watchtower1970 Apr 1 p.210

“Christendom has copied the heathen, pagan nations of Asia in teaching that God is a trinity, three Gods in one Person.” Watchtower 1962 Apr 15 p.235

Read the article here:

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/trinity.php
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 7:20am On May 26, 2015
Trinitarians say they believe in three persons in One God

jw say: Trinitarians believe in three gods in one person

jw's are habitual liars, always putting up strawman arguments, changing what others say and then commenting on that

and why not when considering who their father is

Jesus talking to the pharisees of His day:

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

My words above
more on jw here:

http://www.jwfacts.com/
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by adelee777: 5:39am On Jun 29, 2016
[quote author=Barnabaseloka post=33676561] You got it wrong. Christ Jesus was not created but exists with God. John 1:1-3
1. In the beginning was the Word (Jesus) and the Word was with God (the Father) and the Word was God (as a personality). Note the initial capital letter in 'Word.' this shows a living being. In the beginning means any time that life started or that God existed.

Sorry, u can't use dat logic. D bible states ''in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.'' so, according to ur logic, God just created d heavens n d earth as His first ever action? Dat text might mean ''in d beginning of creation, there was the Word. Relate dis to Revelation 3:14 ''...the beginning of the creation of God''. Thanx.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do People Sleep In Church / Myles Munroe Is In Lagos, Nigeria / Spiritual Vitamins A To Z

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.