Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

How Smart Are You,answer This Question - Forum Games (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / How Smart Are You,answer This Question (47023 Views)

Can You Answer This In Ten Seconds? / How Smart Are You ? Is This Murder Or Suicide ? / Let’s See How Smart You Are: Zoo Animal Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Ariyoh1: 12:18am On May 10, 2015
The brain is responsible 4 every activities in the body including breathing , talking, eating and every other activities. And it doesn't stop u can only make it to relax so it can work perfectly. Any damages in the brain will surely affect some part in human being.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 12:24am On May 10, 2015
Funny. Ppl are just hitting the like button 4geting dat its those in the medical field that have d answer with concise reasons. Well in my own view...Medically;

The brain is busy cuz it controls all body systems but sleep is rest for the brain. Sleep improves better brain work.

The heart too never stops but sleep is rest to the heart as it improves heart health and function. Heartrate(HR) is kept within its range by restful sleep.

THE NOSE never stops working and its the only part of the respiratory system that doesn't rest through sleep. Sleep is rest for the lungs, alveoli, bronchi and airways and even nostrils(d 2 holes in d nose) which all make up the respiratory system but the outer nose performs its function without a little pause yet not or least(insignificantly) influenced by sleep

So answer -THE NOSE

3 Likes

Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by richeso: 12:43am On May 10, 2015
E.The Heart
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by osas88(f): 12:44am On May 10, 2015
Its the heart because all other organs rest while u are asleep but the heart keeps working day and night
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by johnsonjazzy(m): 12:54am On May 10, 2015
MY BRAIN KEEP WORKING ALL DAY lIKE SAY I NO B MAN MADE
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by justiniy(m): 12:59am On May 10, 2015
Nicompoo's..y'all cant even give a decent answer.dumb asses!
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by efficiencie(m): 2:31am On May 10, 2015
The brain's activity drops significantly during sleep and so do the Eyes, Ears and Mouth bt the Nose and the Heart are usually busy throughout the day and night! However, though the Heart does a routine job of just pumping blood around the body, the nose does more than facilitate breathing, it also percieves the more than 200 scents that exist...so i think the busiest organ in the list is the NOSE...
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by kandiikane(m): 2:58am On May 10, 2015
[.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by marieclare(f): 3:28am On May 10, 2015
I'm going to go with the nose because most people breathe through their noses and though the heart is obviously what one cannot do without, the nose brings that much needed oxygen to the blood and without that constant breathing.....wellllllll

1 Like

Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by whocanbewho(m): 3:39am On May 10, 2015
The brain obviously coz every organ in the body is controlled by the brain including the heart...
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Mattpopson101: 4:09am On May 10, 2015
The NOSE
Djicemob:
Which of this body organ never rest? Or which do you think is the busiest and most hardworking?

A.The brain
B.The Eyes
C.The Nose
D.The Ears
E.The Heart
F.The Mouth

Pls choose and state your reasons cheesy

Cc:Obinoscopy lalasticlala
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Elzends(m): 5:05am On May 10, 2015
LanceO:

There is something called brain death. Someone can be brain dead and still be alive, just that he/she won't be able to do anything. The heart will still be working as long as they can keep paying the hospital bills
On the other hand, once a heart stops, everything else stops.
Dude if ur brain dead, are you still living?
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by jorlons(m): 5:45am On May 10, 2015
WIZGUY69:
brain.

modified : I wanted to chose the heart, but I remember that researchers said that when you sneezes, the heart stop working for some seconds, so its definitely the brain.

even while sleeping, the neurones are sent to the brain to check if one's alive.

if the neurones are are sent to somewhere else, then the Person will die from sleep.

grin

Dr. Kissinger UCH.

The brain activities at day cannot be compared to that at night can they? Now take a closer look at the op's question again. Ever heard anybody say rest small make your brain for relax.

My pick is btw the nose and heart cause the nostrils can't take any rest man otherwise....., the heart can't beat at same rate at night as it does during the day. I mean who jogs or runs in their sleep.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by jorlons(m): 5:53am On May 10, 2015
dabayomi:
When they say one is brain dead, he's still alive, but not functional. Now when u r heart dead, u r a gonner, as in stone dead, nothing more, all other organs rest at sleep. So the heart is the only organ that work from birth till death.

I beg to differ sir. The nose can't go on rest even if you breathe with your mouth at night; it's just not possible to stop breathing with your nose mehn. I think the OP must have anticipated alot of heart and brain choices.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by jorlons(m): 5:56am On May 10, 2015
koice:

The brain never relaxes, bro. Where do you think your dreams and nightmares come from?
Point is the brain activities during the day cannot be compared with that at Night can they ?? And if they can't then one can say logically that the brain takes a bit of rest at night.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by MattChidi(m): 6:01am On May 10, 2015
The brain never rest...works tirelessly
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Nobody: 6:28am On May 10, 2015
jorlons:

Point is the brain activities during the day cannot be compared with that at Night can they ?? And if they can't then one can say logically that the brain takes a bit of rest at night.

Nope. For the fact that you even take a breath is due to the brain. At night, brain becomes more active, that's why people who study at night have more chances of retaining what they read than those that study during the day. The moment your brain activities relaxes, you either lapse into a coma or you become a vegetable.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Nobody: 6:40am On May 10, 2015
DozieInc:

I dont know if there is anyhing like a brain transplant ( may be because the brain is very complicated) or of machines that can act in place of the brain, the brain might be busier, but what happens if the heart or its machine equivalent stops.

I'm not trying the undermine the role of heart cuz them heart is very important indeed. It's the most hardworking. But when the heart ceases to beat, the brain remain active, that's why someone can still be revived by giving then CPR. You can still jump start the heart by pumping in enough oxygen. But for that to even work, the still active brain is needed to relay sensory message to the heart. But when one is brain dead, the situation is different cuz the heart will never beat on it's own no matter how many cpr a body is given. Why? When a brain dies, the sensory path goes silent, and every organ of the body becomes clueless as on how to proceed. The heart stop beating, the eyes stop seeing, the nose stop breathing, etc.

So bottom line is when it comes to been busy, the brain trumps all. The heart may be the most hardworking but not nearly as busy as the brain.

1 Like

Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by karkel(m): 6:44am On May 10, 2015
F: mouth
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Nobody: 6:48am On May 10, 2015
chaz007:

Sweet, the question asked was which of these organs never rests, or which is d busiest and hard-working(physical).
It's simple, it's the heart. The heart never rests. It beats 72pulse every minute, every hour, every day, every week, every month, and every year. The heart is a slave to the brain. The brain tells it wat to do, and it does it non-stop, while d brain shuts down briefly during sleep. But the brain controls every other organ. If d brain dies, life leaves the body. But if the heart stops, the brain with other organs wld stil be alive for some moment, til it dies of hypoxia.
My fiance is a doc, he taught me a lot smiley

Your comment is full of contradictions.. One moment you called the heart the busiest and hardworking, and the next moment, you acknowledged the very important role played by the brain, which invariably makes it the busiest cuz by your own very words, without the brain ordering the heart to beat, the heart won't beat! The heart is the most hardworking but the brain is the busiest, simple.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Nobody: 7:03am On May 10, 2015
freecocoa:
I'm not disputing the fact that you can use a machine, now what does that machine act as? It acts as the heart, which you need for your brain to tell it what to do, without it, your brain won't need to work to start with.

Technically is not finally, you have hope with technically.

Lolz, but you seem to forget that when a heart stopped beating, thus invariably starving the brain of oxygen, that the said brain will remain active for at least 5 minutes before eventually dying due to oxygen deprivation.

So in that regard, when one's heart stop beating, he/she can still be revived by administering CPR to the body, at least within that 5 minutes window, cuz you see, the heart needs the brain to tell it what to do. Without the brain, the heart cannot pump on it's own. A human body during heart transplant can survive without an heart for at least 30 secs.

Heart is very important and possibly the most hardworking of all the organs of the body, but like all organs, it has it's role to play and plays it accordingly, while brain being the busy bee and engine room, cordinates every action. The moment it ceases, the body goes limp.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by woletm: 7:03am On May 10, 2015
the nose cos if the nose stops working so does the heart and there after the brain. still confused hold your nose for 10 mins
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by fabulousdora(f): 7:12am On May 10, 2015
Djicemob:
Then when you are sleeping?
the brain works when you are sleeping...
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Essaswtcious(f): 7:16am On May 10, 2015
1st its d NOSE dat takes in oxygen 2 d HEART 2 kip it beatin, oxygenate d blood nd circulate. witout enough oxygen hrt wil stp beating
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Rita5(f): 7:21am On May 10, 2015
efficiencie:
The brain's activity drops significantly during sleep and so do the Eyes, Ears and Mouth bt the Nose and the Heart are usually busy throughout the day and night! However, though the Heart does a routine job of just pumping blood around the body, the nose does more than facilitate breathing, it also percieves the more than 200 scents that exist...so i think the busiest organ in the list is the NOSE...

What you fail to understand is dat the brain controls everything in your body. If your brain stops working no matter how effective you nose is it will not function. Same goes for the heart and other organs.

When you sleep most part of your brain that you can control lyk d cerebrium rest to. Bt other part lyk the cerebullum that controls the beating of the heart and others remains awake. Becuz if they stop those organs stop and you DIE!!!

The brain controls everytin works tru out your life. If it stops you die. Thats why head shot is the most quickest and painless way to Die. Cuz your brain is wat makes you feel pain.

Once the bullet enters the brain it dies instantly, and so do the rest of the body.

So people respect the brain cuz even surgeons do. Wen your in an accident the first tin to do is to stabilise you b4 takin you to d MRI to check your brain. Cuz it doesnt matter if they save your body and you end up brain dead. Cuz you will stil be Dead.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Nobody: 7:42am On May 10, 2015
BlackPeni5:
Na lie o...Na brain. The brain Controls and coordinates all aspects of the body. If you brain stops working everything else stops. If your heart stops, you don get heart attack be that but you may not die. There can be a heart transplant but we never hear of brain transplant before o.

Most importantly...you are not alive because your heart is beating or because you can breathe through your nose. You are alive because your brain tells your nose to breathe and your blood absorbs the oxygen and the brain then tells the heart to pump the oxygenated blood to the parts of the body which it is needed. The brain is the master key.

Modified :
Some people quoted me saying there have been a successful brain transplant and I asked them to provide the source or link to the info...another said the body can function without the brain and gave an example of persons who are brain dead but still alive. I clarified that, persons that are brain dead are usually on life support and the machine tries to do the work of the brain by keeping the organs working. Once its switched off, the person dies. Another said the heart is always pumping and I made them understand that there are many people who use pace makers which are electronic hearts. They do not beat but still pump blood. The heart has only one function which even it is not in charge of while the brain does multiple tasks. I dont know if anyone posting here is using his heart to reason and post on Nairaland. Simply because you can hear the heart beat does not mean that the most hard working...remember that empty vessels make the largest noise.
You no go school
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by raphoo(m): 7:47am On May 10, 2015
HEART IS THE MOST BUSY AND HARD WORKING, COS OTHER CAN BE STOP 4 SEVERAL MINUTE BUT WEN U STOP HEART 4 A SECONDS D PERSON IS DEAD.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by raphoo(m): 7:54am On May 10, 2015
fabulousdora:
the brain works when you are sleeping...
brain are not 100% working during sleeping, cos how many tin can u remember during sleeping Dan dream.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by jayoakland: 8:04am On May 10, 2015
skylane:
The human brain cos its responsible 4 all the work in the body including the heart,the heart is jiust to pump blood
Lolz..
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by jayoakland: 8:05am On May 10, 2015
skylane:
The human brain cos its responsible 4 all the work in the body including the heart,the heart is jiust to pump blood

To pump blood is not just my brother. As a matter of fact it's the heart. Reason being that: 1. The heart is the 1st organ to start work in humans, it starts working from 4 weeks old.
2. It's automated(ie it has the natural ability to generate it's own current /impulses) such that even if the brain dies nw the heart can keep pumping for hrs b4 it dies.
3. The heart can function without the brain but the brain can't without the heart.
So I can say that as much as the brain is responsible for all activities, the work of the heart can't be overemphasized because all that the brain needs to do all dez is solely dependent on what the heart has to offer @ all times.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by jayoakland: 8:11am On May 10, 2015
koice:

I'm not trying the undermine the role of heart cuz them heart is very important indeed. It's the most hardworking. But when the heart ceases to beat, the brain remain active, that's why someone can still be revived by giving then CPR. You can still jump start the heart by pumping in enough oxygen. But for that to even work, the still active brain is needed to relay sensory message to the heart. But when one is brain dead, the situation is different cuz the heart will never beat on it's own no matter how many cpr a body is given. Why? When a brain dies, the sensory path goes silent, and every organ of the body becomes clueless as on how to proceed. The heart stop beating, the eyes stop seeing, the nose stop breathing, etc.

So bottom line is when it comes to been busy, the brain trumps all. The heart may be the most hardworking but not nearly as busy as the brain.
Well said bro. But sorry the heart can actually beat on its own cos it's naturally automated. Ie it can generate it's it's own impulses.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by mcseun1(m): 8:22am On May 10, 2015
Its d brain ooo A.K.A managing director of d body

Vote www.nairaland.com/trypa for miss nairaland 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Any Comment That Does Not Get A Like In 30 min Gets 1500 Naira Worth Of Recharge / Who Can Spot The Phone? / Who Can Answer This Question? (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.