Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,355 members, 7,780,955 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:22 AM

Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz (21939 Views)

Yusuf Ololade Faidat Of UNILORIN Clinches 19 Prizes At Convocation / FCT Wins NNPC 2015 National Quiz Competition / NNPC Annual National Quiz Competition 2015 Live On NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Zikdik(m): 10:14pm On May 09, 2015
I'm happy for you lot. I think that if you want out of Nigeria, there's no reason to force you to stay. But remember that such break offs never end up good..for both sides.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Schematics: 10:16pm On May 09, 2015
Good question. cheesy

Sunnybobo3:

They all write WAEC, don't they?

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by AnambraDota: 10:18pm On May 09, 2015
Nwanne me no support this one abeg, dont call his state useless because he is a personal non grata in that state and doesnt speak for nobody there.

Remember na akwuko Job nke mbu isi iri na ato malite na ama okwu nke mbu ya "when the children of God were rejoicing Devil went and ask God to give him permission to tempt Job.
Whenever the children of omanbalas are having fun the devil called Abagworo is always lurking at the corner fill with hate, bitterness, jealousy and envy but his such a sore loser.

oneeast:
B.astard, what about the WAEC, NECO and UNITY SCHOOL where Anambra is leading as number ONE? Are they also low grade? Poverty stricken old i.diot, I know your pains we shall continue to lead in all areas of development. You better go back to your useless state thread or you will have me to face with. Anu ofia

[s][/s]

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by UnknownT: 10:18pm On May 09, 2015
Abagworo:

If your reason is for this low grade competition then

www.channelstv.com/2014/07/22/imo-state-wins-nnpc-quiz-competition/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/imo-wins-etisalat-u-15-school-cup/

http://www.sweetcrudereports.com/2014/05/24/imo-wins-nnpc-south-east-zonal-quiz-competition/

Who then do we attribute these to?
Oga apart from the etisalat football tourney, the NNPC were won by students of two PRIVATE schools in Imo State. In terms of education at the moment, I envy Anambra state government efforts. Quality education doesn't come cheap........ Anonymous (1988)

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Edunwa302(m): 10:19pm On May 09, 2015
Schematics:
Anambra excels in education again, clinches 1st and 2nd positions in ANCOPSS Quiz, … Retains title for keeps!

Anambra State has continued to show its leading position in the field of education in Nigeria with the latest information revealing that students of the State posted excellent performances in the just-concluded 2015 All Nigeria Confederation of Principals of Secondary Schools (ANCOPSS) Quiz competition organized for Nigerian students.

The State represented by Master Umeh Anthony Nnaemeka of Igwebuike Grammar School Awka came tops in this year’s ANCOPSS Quiz Competition organized for all schools in Nigeria as a way of enhancing academic performance of students.

By the excellent performance of Master Umeh, Anambra State retains the cup for keeps, being the 3rd consecutive time students from the State are winning the cup.

ANCOPSS organizes the Quiz and Essay competitions yearly for competition by all schools in the nation as a way of enhancing academic performance of students.

In the Essay competition of the same ANCOPSS Competition, Miss Okoro Chiazagom Emmanuella of Queen of the Rosary College, Onitsha (Q.R.C) Onitsha took the 2nd position.

Normally, the ANCOPSS competition starts from the various states at the Local Government Area level, then 1st position winners move to compete at State level, from where they move to compete at Zonal level and from the six geopolitical Zones, the national competitors emerge.

Reacting to the outstanding performance of students from the State in the Quiz and Essay competitions, governor Obiano restated the commitment of his administration to continue to improve on infrastructure and manpower in the schools at all levels.

Recall that governor Obiano was welcomed into office in early 2014 with the news of successful performances of candidates from the State who recorded first position among all the states in the country whose candidates took the 2013 National Examinations Council (NECO).

The NECO success came barely a week after the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) statistics showed that Anambra State came first among all the states in the country whose students took the 2013 WASSCE.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/178731/1/anambra-excels-in-education-again-clinches-1st-pos.html
Wow all glory to GOD almighty, very big thanks to the parents and finally kudos to the teachers

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by oneeast: 10:22pm On May 09, 2015
The b.astard is worse than the devil but he will be stoned to death before the fire will finally consume him..

AnambraDota:

Whenever the children of omanbalas are having fun the devil called Abagworo is always lurking at the corner fill with hate, bitterness, jealousy and envy but his such a sore loser.
Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:22pm On May 09, 2015
AnambraDota:
Nwanne me no support this one abeg, dont call his state useless because he is a personal non grata in that state and doesnt speak for nobody there.

Remember na akwuko Job nke mbu isi iri na ato malite na ama okwu nke mbu ya "when the children of God were rejoicing Devil went and ask God to give him permission to tempt Job.

You sound familiar.
Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by obumsky059(m): 10:23pm On May 09, 2015
As far as Post Primary Public School system is concerned in Nigeria...Anambra ranks d best. its only in Anambra State u will see parents withdrawing their lads from private owned schools n place them in a government educational system because of its level of competence, hardwork, dedication and professionalism. Anambra state has a well planned and structured post primary school services.
u need to come n see how their teachers are supervised clinically...They soo much believe in quality assurance. i am not surprise to hear such news

12 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 09, 2015
Eze Gburugburu Ndi-Igbo will be smiling.....

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Okeikpu(m): 10:29pm On May 09, 2015
seriousthing:
where are those states that claim to have professor in every family
grin ajo nwa!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by eaglechild: 10:31pm On May 09, 2015
Maser:
MY PEOPLE! How come none of those private schools where pupils pay N2million as school fees came tops.
I thought there's a special machine there for imparting knowledge into them which public schools don't have.
Lol
You raised a vital point.

However, St Charles and QRC are mission schools.

And truth must be told they (mission) have the highest standards of discipline.

Mission schools took a nosedive when they were taken over by the government which ran them aground.

When they were returned to the various churches, they had deteriorated so much that it was an uphill task to regain their previous standard.

States like Anambra were lucky cause the government did not discriminate during the educational reforms rather the mission schools benefited heavily.
With superior management they naturally came out tops.

10 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by bishop4life(m): 10:32pm On May 09, 2015
umu anambra ya gazie

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Okeikpu(m): 10:32pm On May 09, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

The thing don pain am eee.....lol
Now,you can go soak your bed with tears....Akpa amu!
grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by ideykwum: 10:34pm On May 09, 2015
You're right! Imo used to be number 2...Now Abia with a clueless governor has taken over!!

meforyou1:
Okorocha is a cow. Berem and Abagworo, tell him I said so

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:34pm On May 09, 2015
obumsky059:
As far as Post Primary Public School system is concerned in Nigeria...Anambra ranks d best. its only in Anambra State u will see parents withdrawing their lads from private owned schools n place them in a government educational system because of its level of competence, hardwork, dedication and professionalism. Anambra state has a well planned and structured post primary school services.
u need to come n see how their teachers are supervised clinically...They soo much believe in quality assurance. i am not surprise to hear such news

Dis tory sweet pass kpomo grin

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:35pm On May 09, 2015
God bless the land of my origin...and grant her offsprings many more success to the glory of His name...Amen...

Anambra makaanu!!!!!
Igbo kwenu!!!!!!!!
Nigeria kwezuenu!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:39pm On May 09, 2015
Oke Ikpu...I see you,MA NIGGA.
Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by ideykwum: 10:40pm On May 09, 2015
I'm Rivers, but equally proud of Anambra! Ameachi wasn't strategic about education! You build beautiful schools without the plan to ensure that quality teachers are recruited! The so-called "free" schools have several charges and levies that the students have to pay! And wait, hear this...After mass recruitment of teachers in a reactive policy, he kept the teachers for over 7 months without pay! How's that for good motivation? He is a clueless and insipid governor, and we are glad to say good riddance to him!

Welrez:
I'm Bayelsan, but I'm proud of Anambra State. Congrats!

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by ideykwum: 10:42pm On May 09, 2015
You are actually unbelievable! People rejoicing over a good effort from their area inspired a curse from you?? Unbelievable!! Now, I now believe this story of people being jealous of Igbos!!!

Vorp:
saa
lol,what's in Igbo,when your mates from other countries are soaring high winning international awards you are here celebrating one mushroom awards that no one recognise.
I never wanted to be tribalistic but you folks always use your hand to bring fire on your head.
Foolish entities.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by fyneboi79(m): 10:42pm On May 09, 2015
Education,business,beauty,brains,hardwork :All from Amanbra.

*proudly Anambrarian*

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Krisddon: 10:46pm On May 09, 2015
Rose2014:

cheesy

for every bad news from the land of rising sun, there are 10 outstanding great news from same place. No be our fault jare. Na God

Proudly Igbo
I am unapologetic Igbo!
Sorry if u're nt 4rm Anambra!
Nne gwa fa!
Nwafor 4 life!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by eaglechild: 10:48pm On May 09, 2015
ideykwum:
I'm Rivers, but equally proud of Anambra! Ameachi wasn't strategic about education! You build beautiful schools without the plan to ensure that quality teachers are recruited! The so-called "free" schools have several charges and levies that the students have to pay! And wait, hear this...After mass recruitment of teachers in a reactive policy, he kept the teachers for over 7 months without pay! How's that for good motivation? He is a clueless and insipid governor, and we are glad to say good riddance to him!

This is the same pitfall Rochas is facing.

Free education may sound rosy but it may not always be the best and should be selectively implemented with caution.

I prefer a generous merit based scholarship system.

Or maybe just at the primary level.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:49pm On May 09, 2015
eaglechild:

Lol
You raised a vital point.

However, St Charles and QRC are mission schools.

And truth must be told they (mission) have the highest standards of discipline.

Mission schools took a nosedive when they were taken over by the government which ran them aground.

When they were returned to the various churches, they had deteriorated so much that it was an uphill task to regain their previous standard.

States like Anambra were lucky cause the government did not discriminate during the educational reforms rather the mission schools benefited heavily.
With superior management they naturally came out tops.

Obi carried out a massive overhaul not just by returning the schools to the missions but by reforming the system. Retraining teachers,purchasing the latest instructions materials . He also did a lot with government schools. Go to Mater Amabilis Secondary Umuoji and see what he did there. The school looks like one built by the colonialists.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 09, 2015
obumsky059:

do you schooled at FUTO?
i am just asking

1 Like

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by kennynelcon(m): 10:51pm On May 09, 2015
OTU,!!!
PROUDLY ANAMBRARIAN

WE SHALL MAKE IGWEBUIKE GREAT!!!... and now and forever.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by kennynelcon(m): 10:52pm On May 09, 2015
OTU,!!!
PROUDLY ANAMBRARIAN

WE SHALL MAKE IGWEBUIKE GREAT!!!... and now and forever.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Edusouls(m): 10:56pm On May 09, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
From best in WAEC for four consecutive years to this one grin

Anambra adigo mma

Let me see one egghead that will talk of special center angry
hei mmechie onu gi, imo state is even tired of these awards long ago, make we hear word, una anambrains too make noise..

1 Like

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Ecosol: 10:57pm On May 09, 2015
Thums. Up Anambra. Imo used to be number1 but Rochas is killing the system

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Ecosol: 10:58pm On May 09, 2015
Proudly Igbo and Proudly Imo!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Edusouls(m): 10:59pm On May 09, 2015
Schematics:
Anambra has the best educational system in Nigeria that churns out the best brains out of Nigeria.

Anambra adigo mma cool
anambra adibe mma, and anambra dosent have the best educational system in nigeria, owu asi..so stop deceiving urself, that state needs very serious spiritual deliverance...

1 Like

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by yemmybx(m): 11:00pm On May 09, 2015
KUDOS TO MRS AMAKA ANEKWE of EZEIKE HIGH SCHOOL EZEOYE NIBO AWKA SOUTH ANAMBRA STATE FOR COORDINATING THOSE STUDENTS TO SUCCESS... SHE IS A BLESSING TO THE Whole ANAMBRA STATE...

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by beryl04(m): 11:00pm On May 09, 2015
am proudly a product of igwebuike,class of 1990!

we rock!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water / Lagos City Polytechnic Lecturers Arrested For Exam Malpractice / Medical Student: Lets Meet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.