Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state (59907 Views)

Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) / 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by jayedu108: 9:16pm On May 09, 2015
Hello people, please I need your advice and comments, as I intend to take my woman to the altar soon, and we are planning ahead towards that particular day we will say 'I do' to each other. Please advice me, as a young guy not that is strong financially but still hustling to be a man his woman will always be proud of. When marrying a girl from Delta, more precisely Delta Igbo, are their girls expensive?

And how much will it cost me for both the traditional and the white wedding? Kindly advice me if you have ever being married to girls from this tribe.

Thanks.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Aitee1: 9:21pm On May 09, 2015
Relatively cheap, though it all boils down to family!

Your babe should give you a clew except she's nnot in the know about her tradition.

6 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by jayedu108: 9:34pm On May 09, 2015
Aitee1:
Relatively cheap, though it all boils down to family!

Your babe should give you a clew except she's nnot in the know about her tradition.
Alright tanks for your comment.

3 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by babygirlfl: 9:57pm On May 09, 2015
First of all if your going to be marrying one of us, you have to know how to address us. We are not delta Igbo, ( I have no problem whatsoever with Igbo people. Just love to be called with what we really are) we are Deltans or Anioma or if you want to be specific you say Ukwani, Aniocha or Ika.

To your question, generally it's not expensive unless of course the family is a greedy one. In my place the bride price is returned and the traditional marriage is hosted by the brides family with or without the support of the grooms family while the groom's family sponsors the church/court or whatever marriage they choose to do.

74 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by KanwuliaJara: 10:59pm On May 09, 2015
Girls from DELTA pay for their own bride prices o! cheesy
They are not cheap. . . THEY JUST BUY THEIR OWN HUSBANDS! kiss

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by jayedu108: 11:09pm On May 09, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Girls from DELTA pay for their own bride prices o! cheesy
They are not cheap. . . THEY JUST BUY THEIR OWN HUSBANDS! kiss
How will a girl pay for her own bride price dude wake up man I won't allow or be party to such abeg only a lazy man will tolerate such makes no sense dude!

5 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by KanwuliaJara: 11:12pm On May 09, 2015
jayedu108:
How will a girl pay for her own bride price dude wake up man I won't allow or be party to such abeg only a lazy man will tolerate such makes no sense dude!

If the woman is more 'favored' financially than the man nko?
She nor go marry abi?
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

Most women you find these days pay for their own weddings!
Please, get with the program.
It is not the down fall of a man. . . but an opportunity to succeed! kiss

5 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by pacino26(m): 6:36am On May 10, 2015
Hey dude, you have nothing to worry if you've got a stay flow of income to feed and take care of a family. I know women from Delta to make good wives and their marriage rites relatively cheap. It certainly boils down to your bride to be. Just buy lots of Ak 47 if you got swag otherwise the traditional ethanol can still get the job done.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by jayedu108: 7:29am On May 10, 2015
pacino26:
Hey dude, you have nothing to worry if you've got a stay flow of income to feed and take care of a family. I know women from Delta to make good wives and their marriage rites relatively cheap. It certainly boils down to your bride to be. Just buy lots of Ak 47 if you got swag otherwise the traditional ethanol can still get the job done.
Ak 47 hope u dnt mean guns or rather is dat wat u meant?kindly clarify biko!

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by cococandy(f): 8:40am On May 10, 2015
So if nairalanders tell you it is expensive, you won't marry her ni?

Ask you future parents-in-law. they will give you a good idea of what to expect.

16 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by helen4(f): 9:59am On May 10, 2015
Marrying us is not expensive as other posters have rightly said. It all has to do with the part of delta she's from, her extended family list and her immediate family contentment, above all ur lady. I believe u understand what am trying to say.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by komek(m): 1:51pm On May 10, 2015
babygirlfl:
First of all if your going to be marrying one of us, you have to know how to address us. We are not delta Igbo, ( I have no problem whatsoever with Igbo people. Just love to be called with what we really are) we are Deltans or Anioma or if you want to be specific you say Ukwani, Aniocha or Ika.

To your question, generally it's not expensive unless of course the family is a greedy one. In my place the bride price is returned and the traditional marriage is hosted by the brides family with or without the support of the grooms family while the groom's family sponsors the church/court or whatever marriage they choose to do.

Thanks on that first paragraph

8 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 10, 2015
It's generally inexpensive. Bride price in my villa is 10k for non indigens. You will also be given a list of some items to buy; tubers of yam, gallons of palm wine, kola nut, crates of beer etc. 100k should be enough for everything. This excludes the money for entertainment though.

HML in advance. Welcome to my hood! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by jayedu108: 2:21pm On May 10, 2015
Phema:
It's generally inexpensive. Bride price in my villa is 10k for non indigens. You will also be given a list of some items to buy; tubers of yam, gallons of palm wine, kola nut, crates of beer etc. 100k should be enough for everything. This excludes the money for entertainment though.

HML in advance. Welcome to my hood! smiley
Ok for instance my girls parents are all based in lagos,does dat entail dat if we want to prepare for the traditional wedding it will be held here in lagos or we would have to return back to their village to hold the traditional wedding?am still confused here on this cos she was saying it can still be done here in lagos I mean the traditional wedding since her folks are and family are all based in lag.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by babygirlfl: 3:28pm On May 10, 2015
komek:

Thanks on that first paragraph

Thanks sir.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by pacino26(m): 3:46pm On May 10, 2015
jayedu108:
Ak 47 hope u dnt mean guns or rather is dat wat u meant?kindly clarify biko!

Spirit drink that's what they like instead of buying kai kai (ethanol)
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Royver(m): 6:05pm On May 10, 2015
babygirlfl:

Under what group do Ibusa ladies fall under if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by PHgirl(f): 6:46pm On May 10, 2015
How expensive Chai...

Vote4Sandra. kiss
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by EfemenaXY: 6:58pm On May 10, 2015
jayedu108:
Hello people pls I need ur advice and comment,as I intend to take my woman to the altar soon as we are planing ahead towards that particular day we will say I do I do to eachorda.please advice me as a young guy not dat strong financially bt hussling to be a man his woman will always be proud of,marrying a girl from delta most precisely delta igbo,are their girls expensive?and how much will it cost me for both the traditional and the white wedding?kindly advice me if u have ever being married from this tribe Thanks.

Na wa for your title. The girls / ladies in question aren't cattle to be traded and prices haggled over. Modify your title to reflect something like: "How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta State..." or something in that region.

Anyway, in response to your question, the bride price isn't much. Just a token more like. Emphasis is on the groom to treat her right. As a mother, I'll say it loud and clear that no amount of money can "buy" my daughter.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by jayedu108: 8:37pm On May 10, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Na wa for your title. The girls / ladies in question aren't cattle to be traded and prices haggled over. Modify your title to reflect something like: "How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta State..." or something in that region.

Anyway, in response to your question, the bride price isn't much. Just a token more like. Emphasis is on the groom to treat her right. As a mother, I'll say it loud and clear that no amount of money can "buy" my daughter.
No one is asking you to sell ur daughter but if I may ask would u also reject her bride price since u already said no one can buy ur daughter?
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by EfemenaXY: 8:42pm On May 10, 2015
jayedu108:
No one is asking you to sell ur daughter but if I may ask would u also reject her bride price since u already said no one can buy ur daughter?

I repeat, emphasis is on the groom to TREAT HER RIGHT.

What's bride price got to do with it? It's just a token. An acknowledgement of tradition to fulfill all righteousness.

2 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by SAMBARRY: 9:15pm On May 10, 2015
Nothing to add. They've said it all

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Onegai(f): 10:22pm On May 10, 2015
From places like Agbor and Owa and that side, you get a list and at most N15, 000 for bride price. They don't ask you to buy a house or bicycle or stuff. But have Palm wine, alligator pepper, local kolanut and Abada (george) and a complete outfit for the woman's box. Also small money (no more than N1000 or N2000) for things like schooling, Labour pains, her age group etc.

And yes you can do the traditional in Lagos. No-one is forcing you to travel to village.

12 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by babygirlfl: 10:24pm On May 10, 2015
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 1:29am On May 11, 2015
Onegai:
From places like Agbor and Owa and that side, you get a list and at most N15, 000 for bride price. They don't ask you to buy a house or bicycle or stuff. But have Palm wine, alligator pepper, local kolanut and Abada (george) and a complete outfit for the woman's box. Also small money (no more than N1000 or N2000) for things like schooling, Labour pains, her age group etc.

And yes you can do the traditional in Lagos. No-one is forcing you to travel to village.

Such a travesty ...doing traditional in lag...why border ....my wife insisted we go to ukwuani and i respect her for that

Gave me the opportunity to know them

Lord forbid they

9 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 1:33am On May 11, 2015
jayedu108:
Ok for instance my girls parents are all based in lagos,does dat entail dat if we want to prepare for the traditional wedding it will be held here in lagos or we would have to return back to their village to hold the traditional wedding?am still confused here on this cos she was saying it can still be done here in lagos I mean the traditional wedding since her folks are and family are all based in lag.

Just hear yourself ..did they do your mum tradition in lagos ...I. wonder how your thinking

You have to go to the girl villa it gives you the opportunity to know them and her inlaws

It's a once in a life time thing so prepare for it and you have to insist that u know where your marrying from

Go to her village don't marry a ghost or somebody with questionable origin

9 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Onegai(f): 1:54am On May 11, 2015
Okay everyone there's a troll here on this thread, just ignore him.

OP, try and get your list beforehand so you have enough time to prepare. Everything gets more expensive to buy at the last minute.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by babygirlfl: 1:55am On May 11, 2015
tonychristopher:

Identity complex at its finest

So anioma is now a tribe

Well your type is fake igbo cos we have pure blood in delta but u r fake ..no wonder your a spinster

grin grin grin Why are you so pained? I don't remember writing to you and I don't think anything I wrote there was bad. I really don't understand the reason for the attack. What is all this madness in nairaland calling every woman a spinster even when they are married just for writing her view. Are we supposed to cry if we are actually spinsters or be happy if we are married. One thing I do know is a spinster is much better than being married to your type of man.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 6:55am On May 11, 2015
babygirlfl:

grin grin grin Why are you so pained? I don't remember writing to you and I don't think anything I wrote there was bad. I really don't understand the reason for the attack. What is all this madness in nairaland calling every woman a spinster even when they are married just for writing her view. Are we supposed to cry if we are actually spinsters or be happy if we are married. One thing I do know is a spinster is much better than being married to your type of man.
at
A certain age if your a spinster you hav to cry all night

I am not pained ..its a man world

Wetin be my own

Corrections I made that's all

3 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 6:57am On May 11, 2015
babygirlfl:

My type of man won't near you at all dear

4 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Nobody: 7:20am On May 11, 2015
Why can't people just ignore?!?

Some r€tarded people come on a thread solely to derail it and the sane ones help them achieve that by responding to their posts and arguing with them.

I mean, knowing that NL does not have IQ/age restriction is enough reason to waka pass. undecided

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Calls Woman To Hurl Insults At Her, Vows To Continue Sleeping With Her Husb / Man Takes Sex Enhancing Drugs, Chases Wife, 2 Kids Away Over Sex / Father And Son Rock Same Outfit (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.