Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,826 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state (59906 Views)

Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) / 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 2:21am On May 12, 2015
DelticStephEn:

I have warn him several tyms to speak only for himself & stop draging us all along.
because I know where I come from.
& it 's DEFINITELY NOT FROM BENIN & WILL NEVER BE.
but d fool wouldn 't listen
Even obi of OWA was clear on that
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Nobody: 2:21am On May 12, 2015
tonychristopher:

It's the lazy bones like u deny igbo they can't measure up ..I am to igbotic

Now bounce

Y1bo means slave. cheesy
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Nobody: 2:24am On May 12, 2015
DelticStephEn:

no agbor call himself igbo??
& here I am repeating it over. & over again that am Igbo.
like I said,U must be a bini man from Ozarra...
pls always draw the line & always differentiate Ika people from Ozarra people,Because we are DEFINITLY NOT THE SAME.
STOP generalizing Ozarra as ika.
thanks.

Ozara is where? meanwhile, im from Ogbemudein The clan that have the crown.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 2:25am On May 12, 2015
LagosDecides15:

Y1bo means slave. cheesy

Who enslaved us ...lol unlike u Benin slave

Ohu

We dominate that's why ur scared ....

Fake igbo
Adulterated edo
Nobody

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Nobody: 2:28am On May 12, 2015
tonychristopher:

Look at ur intellect so. Oba of Benin is Yoruba because Yoruba have oba ..emir of Kano is Arab because Arabs have emir maybe king jaja is English because English. Use king ..maybe duke of calabar is English via duke

Guy find better story ...Benin just had influence on ika just like British had influence on Nigeria ..maybe we are British

Your so so confused ...identity challenges

Fake igbo
Adulterated Benin

Smell the coffee

stup1d igbo man. U people claim every where. No tribe claim people and cities as igbos.... what is wrong with u people to focus on dead Biafra aspiration rather than to looking for people to help you fight for Biafra.

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by DelticStephEn(f): 2:34am On May 12, 2015
tonychristopher:

Even obi of OWA was clear on that
don't mind that fool,am even wasting my time talking to him.
he should STAY OFF from "We & Us".
& use only. "me"

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by nelandrewz(m): 2:39am On May 12, 2015
Justcul:
Delta ladies on my mind. lipsrsealed
grin no come delta o, we no give u wife, go Marry Imo or Ikwere babe grin *joke bro*

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Nobody: 2:44am On May 12, 2015
[s]
tonychristopher:

Who enslaved us ...lol unlike u Benin slave

Ohu

We dominate that's why ur scared ....

Fake igbo
Adulterated edo
Nobody
[/s]

slave.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2382953_ibohead2_jpeg6e1e3360d31feb703febf660b2379281

4 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by samtechcomm: 5:35am On May 12, 2015
Do u know u can get affordable data from p.tech communications! It works on all devices
mtn
1gb @800
2gb @ 1500
Etisalat,airtel, glo
500mb @ 500
1gb @800
2gb @ 1500
All Valid 4 30days
Call Chris on 08109910475
BBM 55BD07F3 . Larger sizes available.
Plz rebroadcast
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Adesiji77: 6:04am On May 12, 2015
So, what are the guys waiting for? Delta is the way to go... cheesy

Waiting to read the comments of urhoboman, Godmother, Ishilove, kikilove cool
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 6:16am On May 12, 2015
theshield:

stup1d igbo man. U people claim every where. No tribe claim people and cities as igbos.... what is wrong with u people to focus on dead Biafra aspiration rather than to looking for people to help you fight for Biafra.

Small boy....you see u lack prove and pls trace your slave ancestors ...IGBOS are very enterprising people. And blood like urs contaminate so trace ur ancestry to benin.....

We have never been enslaved to any king or power A-side that make me a pure blood and proud

Oh they told u igbo means slave ..lol

Enslaved by who

Idiot and ss
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Glexxx: 6:16am On May 12, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Girls from DELTA pay for their own bride prices o! cheesy
They are not cheap. . . THEY JUST BUY THEIR OWN HUSBANDS! kiss
Sawdust filled brain.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 6:17am On May 12, 2015
LagosDecides15:
[s][/s]

slave.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2382953_ibohead2_jpeg6e1e3360d31feb703febf660b2379281

Benin slave .....we are our own masters and a historical fact
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by donshaddow(m): 6:27am On May 12, 2015
Macelliot7:

Hmm, Never knew u still felt bad about the thread... I was the author of the thread...
But, why do you dislike being Igbos....
Remember that an Anioma man(Chukwuma Nzeorgu) lead the coup that caused the Civil war....
We live in hard times...
But the end justifies the means....

I'm sorry for trying to derail your thread.

I don't dislike Igbos... I'm not just a tribal bigots and I was trying to create an awareness for my ethnic group and not to be muscled up with the lager igbo ethnic.

People feel its the Ijaws, Itshekiris, Urhobos that made up the larger Delta....

I'm just trying to correct their impression that the Ukwuanis is the second largest ethnic group in Delta.

More so, the topic says igboid (having to do with language spoken by various groups)...

Check my initial response, I said Ukwuani is 90% igboid (Igbo Language)..... But we are so close to the ijaws and itshekiris.. We share same culture with them 90%.. Now you see what I mean!
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Nobody: 6:46am On May 12, 2015
tonychristopher:

Small boy....you see u lack prove and pls trace your slave ancestors ...IGBOS are very enterprising people. And blood like urs contaminate so trace ur ancestry to benin.....

We have never been enslaved to any king or power A-side that make me a pure blood and proud

Oh they told u igbo means slave ..lol

Enslaved by who

Idiot and ss

which igbo is enterprising? how many Igbos have bank? or oil block? or telecommunication company? IGBOS R KNOWN FOR ODD JOBS AND STREET HAWKING.
What is the percentage of igbos enjoying compare to the percentage of those hawking on road side and pushing wheel barrow?

all dirty jobs in my town are done by igbos. PERSON OPEN SMALL SHOP NA ENTERPRISING?..... igbos struggle to survive, i understand that but go to modern dictionary and look for the word "enterprise".
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 6:47am On May 12, 2015
merengue:

The use of the term "nonetities" is meant for those of our cousins across the Niger who do not believe we have the right of self determination. Nowhere in that post did I insult a whole tribe for the actions of a few morons; that would be me sinking to their level. Have lost count of the number of threads on here where an Anioma person is insulted and ridiculed for saying he/she is an Anioma.

Efulefu ...fake igbo is ur type ur father nonentity ..ewu

Ok acronym is ur tribe ..go on
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 6:52am On May 12, 2015
theshield:

which igbo is enterprising? how many Igbos have bank? or oil block? or telecommunication company? IGBOS R KNOWN FOR ODD JOBS AND STREET HAWKING.
What is the percentage of igbos enjoying compare to the percentage of those hawking on road side and pushing wheel barrow?

all dirty jobs in my town are done by igbos. PERSON OPEN SMALL SHOP NA ENTERPRISING?..... igbos struggle to survive, i understand that but go to modern dictionary and look for the word "enterprise".

Boy go and sit down ..... u no reach anything . Na the obi word I take not a nobody like u

Calling igbo we get oil well ...let me call my immiditae village ... oil drilling firm owner is in my village welltech oil drilling the owner is from my village nnewi south ...I am challenging u call tell me urs I will give u 3 big oil firms owners from my village and oil players ..you can research them and if u can't give me one from agbor

Shame on u

U wan use agbor compare nnewi

Monkey

3 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Nobody: 6:59am On May 12, 2015
tonychristopher:

Boy go and sit down ..... u no reach anything . Na the obi word I take not a nobody like u

Calling igbo we get oil well ...let me call my immiditae village ... oil drilling firm owner is in my village welltech oil drilling the owner is from my village nnewi south ...I am challenging u call tell me urs I will give u 3 big oil firms owners from my village and oil players ..you can research them and if u can't give me one from agbor

Shame on u

U wan use agbor compare nnewi

Monkey

i didnt ask if there is oil in ur village. I ask how many individuals in igbo have oil well, or bank or telecommunication company?...
OIL, BANK AND TELECOM IS THE HIGHEST INVESTMENT IN NIGERIA. HOW MANY OF THESE BELONG TO AN IGBO MAN?

u said igbo people r very enterprising.. and im now proving you wrong. is all about odd and dirty jobs for the poor..drug and crime for the rich.
just go away with your animal sense....big head

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 7:05am On May 12, 2015
theshield:

i didnt ask if there is oil in ur village. I ask how many individuals in igbo have oil well, or bank or telecommunication company?...
OIL, BANK AND TELECOM IS THE HIGHEST INVESTMENT IN NIGERIA. HOW MANY OF THESE BELONG TO AN IGBO MAN?

u said igbo people r very enterprising.. and im now proving you wrong. is all about odd and dirty jobs for the poor..drug and crime for the rich.
just go away with your animal sense....big head

I told u owners of oil drilling firm not even oil marketing firms ...just give me one from ur almighty agbor I will give u 3 from my place ...big time national oil players that control the nigerian market

I am not talking big time industrialist

Dude I am nnewi dude ...u don't compare us ...just give me one oil player

U lack understanding ....fake ibo

No try me

Ewu Benin

Now I have better things to do with my day

Nobody knows u
I am nnewi man pure igbo proud one for that
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Nobody: 7:09am On May 12, 2015
tonychristopher:

I told u owners of oil drilling firm not even oil marketing firms ...just give me one from ur almighty agbor I will give u 3 from my place ...big time national oil players that control the nigerian market

I am not talking big time industrialist

Dude I am nnewi dude ...u don't compare us ...just give me one oil player

U lack understanding ....fake ibo

No try me

Ewu Benin

Now I have better things to do with my day

Nobody knows u
I am nnewi man pure igbo proud one for that

what r their names? how many of igbos in forbes rich list sef? una too get mouth......

HEAD OF OPERATIONS, HEADWARDS GROUP OF COMPANY

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 7:26am On May 12, 2015
theshield:

what r their names? how many of igbos in forbes rich list sef? una too get mouth......

HEAD OF OPERATIONS, HEADWARDS GROUP OF COMPANY

Hmmmmmmmm he don enter Forbes list

I ask u to give me one big time player in oil industry from the whole of agbor I will give u three from my village

I will not use igbo to compare whole of. Agbor it will be unfair but I will use nnewi....now bring it on

I am waiting Benin wanna be
Ewu
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Nobody: 7:29am On May 12, 2015
tonychristopher:

Hmmmmmmmm he don enter Forbes list

I ask u to give me one big time player in oil industry from the whole of agbor I will give u three from my village

I will not use igbo to compare whole of. Agbor it will be unfair but I will use nnewi....now bring it on

I am waiting Benin wanna be
Ewu

OK JIM OVIA. THE OWNER OF ZENITH BANK HAS OIL WELL AND TELECOM. HE MADE FORBES LIST LAST YEAR.

now mention 3 from ur village? I WILL MENTION MORE AND NAME THEIR COMPANY.

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by frainc(m): 7:40am On May 12, 2015
For my side 'UBULU UNOR' in Aniocha south Delta
The bride price is not up to #1000 for outsider
And you will also buy other things like Abada, palm wine, drink, kola and other small small things

Even when a lady brought a white guy home for bride price
Na only #5k dem collect from the guy (dem even dey happy say dem don dupe the white guy)

Our girls are among the best you can marry
Believe me, you are about to marry the best wife so far

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Nobody: 7:42am On May 12, 2015
babygirlfl:
First of all if your going to be marrying one of us, you have to know how to address us. We are not delta Igbo, ( I have no problem whatsoever with Igbo people. Just love to be called with what we really are) we are Deltans or Anioma or if you want to be specific you say Ukwani, Aniocha or Ika.

To your question, generally it's not expensive unless of course the family is a greedy one. In my place the bride price is returned and the traditional marriage is hosted by the brides family with or without the support of the grooms family while the groom's family sponsors the church/court or whatever marriage they choose to do.
God bless you jawe lol. Some people matter dey tire me. undecided

2 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Nobody: 7:44am On May 12, 2015
Adesiji77:
Lol. Keep going o.

2 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tonychristopher: 7:45am On May 12, 2015
theshield:

OK JIM OVIA. THE OWNER OF ZENITH BANK HAS OIL WELL AND TELECOM. HE MADE FORBES LIST LAST YEAR.

now mention 3 from ur village? I WILL MENTION MORE AND NAME THEIR COMPANY.

I did not say banker I said oil players ..ok lets assume Jim owns oil well pls give us the name of the oil well it oil marketing firm .....

Remaining two ...one seff na lie

Note that zenith bank is a public quoted company and no individual owns it but shareholders....but let us know the name of his oil marketing drilling firm ...

You see u no be anybody
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by clefstone(m): 7:49am On May 12, 2015
babygirlfl:
First of all if your going to be marrying one of us, you have to know how to address us. We are not delta Igbo, ( I have no problem whatsoever with Igbo people. Just love to be called with what we really are) we are Deltans or Anioma or if you want to be specific you say Ukwani, Aniocha or Ika.

To your question, generally it's not expensive unless of course the family is a greedy one. In my place the bride price is returned and the traditional marriage is hosted by the brides family with or without the support of the grooms family while the groom's family sponsors the church/court or whatever marriage they choose to do.
I love u for the first paragraph of ur comment

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by NZEGWUAGU(m): 7:50am On May 12, 2015
babygirlfl:

Most of you people like to ridicule yourselves. What is the meaning of Delta? Is it a tribe? What is Anioma, Ika, etc? Are those tribes? What does an Isoko, Uhrobo, Itshekiri or Ijaw person call you. So because you are in Delta state does it remove the fact that your native language is Igbo no matter how adulterated it may be? Stop fooling yourself. Igbos would have been better off if you guys had adopted Hausa language or Yoruba as your native language. Nnewi people call themselves Aniedo so has Aniedo become a tribe now. Stop making a fool of yourself. Your are simply an Igbo person in Delta, Delta being just a political definition. Your town could have been put in Anambra or anywhere else if govt wanted. So don't get carried away by the word Delta which is even an English word. Ok I think you are an English person.

2 Likes

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by comfy16(f): 7:59am On May 12, 2015
tonychristopher:

Don't be incorrigible biko igbuzor is the correct term just like asaba but the right is ahaba...enugu wrong enugwu right

Igbuzor short form of igbobinuzor
well it is lgbuzor but preferably written as lbusa
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by kikilove(f): 8:14am On May 12, 2015
Adesiji77:

Waiting to read the comments of urhoboman, Godmother, Ishilove, kikilove cool
. Am an urhobo and I can tell u that to pay the bride price of an urhobo gal isn't that expensive,the money itself for that bride price is about 120 naira,every other thing u spend is for the party nd maybe family people.

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Godmother(f): 8:20am On May 12, 2015
kikilove:
. Am an urhobo and I can tell u that to pay the bride price of an urhobo gal isn't that expensive,the money itself for that bride price is about 120 naira,every other thing u spend is for the party nd maybe family people.

Well said Kikilove. But you also forgot to add that the family might retirn 100 naira out of that 120 as capital for you to trade with to take care of their daughter cheesy . They will also drum into into your ears that they are not selling their daughters to you, therefore you need to treat her well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Calls Woman To Hurl Insults At Her, Vows To Continue Sleeping With Her Husb / Man Takes Sex Enhancing Drugs, Chases Wife, 2 Kids Away Over Sex / Father And Son Rock Same Outfit (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.