Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state (59971 Views)

Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) / 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by merengue: 8:47am On May 12, 2015
tonychristopher:

Efulefu ...fake igbo is ur type ur father nonentity ..ewu

Ok acronym is ur tribe ..go on

LOL, who let this animal out of his cage?

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Pauloot(m): 8:47am On May 12, 2015
your girl no get family to inquire from? make I hear word abeg!!!!!
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by merengue: 8:55am On May 12, 2015
Macelliot7:

There are bad eggs in some group of people.... I understands you...
I'm in support of the creation of the Anioma State...

Cool my brother, I am very Zen on this issue; hope you are good?
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by obiak4(m): 11:13am On May 12, 2015
i ain't touching it with a 12foot pole go read your plsam mr pslamist
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by obiak4(m): 11:15am On May 12, 2015
tonychristopher:

He smoked obiaruku weed..they have the finest ..try it and your life will never be the same again .....

U will thank me later.
i ain't touch weed with a 12foot pole mr psalmist read your psalm on it
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by kinzmen: 3:41pm On May 12, 2015
babygirlfl:
First of all if your going to be marrying one of us, you have to know how to address us. We are not delta Igbo, ( I have no problem whatsoever with Igbo people. Just love to be called with what we really are) we are Deltans or Anioma or if you want to be specific you say Ukwani, Aniocha or Ika.

To your question, generally it's not expensive unless of course the family is a greedy one. In my place the bride price is returned and the traditional marriage is hosted by the brides family with or without the support of the grooms family while the groom's family sponsors the church/court or whatever marriage they choose to do.
. "in mad woman voice" we r nt delta igbo.... dem wat r u.... u people don't igbo? who even wan marry delta self metcheeeeeeew.... ndi ara
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by jayedu108: 6:26pm On May 12, 2015
kinzmen:
. "in mad woman voice" we r nt delta igbo.... dem wat r u.... u people don't igbo? who even wan marry delta self metcheeeeeeew.... ndi ara
Lol
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by nwaezeubom: 10:05pm On May 12, 2015
theshield:

u igbos r already claiming Lagos so im not suprise. Im telling you the history of Agbor, u r here claiming nonsense right. Agbor kingdom originated from old Benin kingdom.
I REPEAT, ALL CHIEFTAIN TITLE IN AGBOR KINGDOM IS AS SAME AS BENIN. I CAN MENTION AT LEAST 20 TITLES OF AGBOR KINGDOM THAT HAVE SAME NAME AND MEANING WITH BENIN KINGDOM.

ANY NEW DEIN OF AGBOR MUST VISIT BENIN KINGDOM FOR RECOGNITION BEFORE AND AFTER CORONATION.
IN THE OLDEN DAYS, ANYBODY THAT KILL LION (EWORO) MUST GO TO DELIVER THE LION TO THE OBA OF BENIN AND TAKE HIS TRADITIONAL TITLE.
FINALLY, AGBOR CHIEFS AND KING DONT DRESS LIKE IGBOS BUT DRESS AS BENIN..... DRESSING IS NO.1 INDICATOR OF CULTURE.

I have nothing to say to you, intellectually u are dead. Just because Agbor culture was influenced by bini culture does mean u are from bini guy. if that be the case then Nigeria is English of British...ellipsis. But go ahead move back to bini where u belong. I could tell u are not smart judging by antecedent, in a democracy you can claim where u live and where u want to belong. No need to talk to u anymore, but bear it in mind that I can even claim lagos because I lived in there for 10 years before...
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by jayedu108: 10:51pm On May 12, 2015
Hmmm I have learnt a lot here.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by pacino26(m): 11:30pm On May 12, 2015
jayedu108:
Hmmm I have learnt a lot here.

You never still go marry the girl? What are you waiting for again kwanu? Abandon the thread and go make preparations.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by amacastel: 12:01pm On May 13, 2015
merengue:

I am Ukwuani; Umu-Eziogoli to be precise. Any other question?
U are confuse stop deceiving ur sef d earlier d beta for u
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by merengue: 1:18pm On May 13, 2015
amacastel:

U are confuse stop deceiving ur sef d earlier d beta for u

LOL, another Aro escapee.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by adellam16(f): 1:21pm On May 13, 2015
DelticStephEn:
are you from Ozarra?
nope am an agbor chick o. Aliagwa! Ika south.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by adellam16(f): 1:21pm On May 13, 2015
merengue:

Yorubas are ignorant but our cousins across the Niger are worse; they insist we call ourselves Igbo and any attempt by us to define ourselves is condemned. Very soon, some of the nonentities on Nairaland will start calling you a Hausa/Yoruba slave; thing is funny as hell grin grin
I really don't get oooo, na by force ni? Lol!
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by jayedu108: 8:18pm On May 13, 2015
pacino26:

You never still go marry the girl? What are you waiting for again kwanu? Abandon the thread and go make preparations.
Abt to will send u an iv soon.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Ihuomadinihu: 9:10am On May 14, 2015
babygirlfl:
First of all if your going to be marrying one of us, you have to know how to address us. We are not delta Igbo, ( I have no problem whatsoever with Igbo people. Just love to be called with what we really are) we are Deltans or Anioma or if you want to be specific you say Ukwani, Aniocha or Ika.

To your question, generally it's not expensive unless of course the family is a greedy one. In my place the bride price is returned and the traditional marriage is hosted by the brides family with or without the support of the grooms family while the groom's family sponsors the church/court or whatever marriage they choose to do.
Babygirl,there is nothing wrong with being called igbo. If your ancestors are not or did not migrate from Igboland then that's ok with me. Anioma is a recent name coined by Osita Osadebe to create a sense of brotherhood amongst minority Igbo speaking Igbos in former Bendel state in Mid-Western Nigeria. Most Biafran soildiers and commanders came from Anioma. Anioma can exist independently,just like Mbaise,Ohafia, Ngwa,Izzi, Asa,Owerri, Arochukwu or Nri can exist independently without attaching anything igbo. They are all subgroups and clans of Igbo speaking people. If you were in the South east you wouldn't be saying this stuff on nairaland. Delta igbo became a name for identifying Igbo speaking people in Delta state to deferenciate them from other igala,olukumi,urobo people in Delta state. Ngozi okonjo,Joe Achuzie, Maj.Nzeogwu, Jay jay Okocha,Pat Utomi Lynxx etc all identify as Igbo and when they enter Delta,they identify as Anioma. Just like i dentify as Igbo and when i get to my clan i identify as a member. Ibusa,Ogwashi ukwu,Anaocha etc were founded my Igbo people and they identify as Igbo. Echiejile,a super eagle from Igbanke,Edo state identify as Igbo...i got this information directly from his brother. They are not Delta Igbos,they are Western Igbos. If your family does not identify as Igbo,nothing is wrong with that but don't confuse other people with any appellation cos most people you are speaking for identify as Igbo. Anioma is not an ethnic group neither is Deltan an ethnic group. Ironically, the Delta Igbos are the chief supporters of Igbo union and biafra before/after the civil war. It boils down to multiple identity syndrome and politics for those of you who deny your igbo heritage and want to clinge to benin whatever,without knowing that i can also cling to another tribe cos we have certain things in common! Igbo is Igbo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by tpiadotcom: 6:05pm On May 16, 2015
nwaezeubom:
I am tired of the ignorant people here, questionable origin meaning what. my great grand father was one the toughest king of my town; Obi egbune of isseles. I despise him for enslaving some people, .

are you ok mentally?
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by jayedu108: 7:12pm On May 29, 2015
Need more advice pls.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by ikennaj44: 7:51am On Dec 27, 2015
tonychristopher , dafuturis , DelticStephEn , theshield , adellam16 ,
the only person I don't like his antic is tonychristopher, he is susceptible to insults.
I usually thought that adellam16 is a deltan wannabi, now she indicated she's from agbor.
theshield will even swear with his life that no agbor man call him/herself igbo man or igbo woman, he tends to talk out of his own subjective rather than objective. I know since time imemorial, its always obi of agbor, we are all not a good student of history, we are prone to sum up falsified stories, how many of your kind know benin empire as a warring empire, staging wars and spreading their tentacles, capturing towns and holding them captive as their subjects who pay taxes to oba of Benin, thank to Britain who stopped their madness.
DelticStephEn seems to be one of the majority with independent mind who really know where she emanated from. not among those who fall cheap into the bait of bini lies. however, bini admitted turning their immediate surroundings into war zones and captives den, their maraudiness can be likened to that of Arab who spread their culture with swords or at knife point, today all middle-east are stereotyped or call themselves Arabs, forgetting the ordeal of their forefathers.
anioma as the Umbrella name that unite all igbos in delta state can not be wished into an ethnic group by overzealous few, this will contravene the purpose of coining the name "Anioma" , we should not use because of non-renewable substance or oil to foist new ethnicity on ourselves, the division may not end on clans that made up igbo nation because all clans within igbo still have sub-clans who may further factionize for being the sub-clan that lay the Golden egg. before the advent or invasion of Britain all igbo groups existed side by side, its Britain that induced the dichotomy by wrongly ceding present delta igbos to the western region, then called western igbos. osadebay, Okpala, zik etc fought and carved western igbos out from west. but British-Nigeria gov fear of given eastern region more population, rather give them Midwest.
dafuturis, I hope you are hearing me.
theshield and adellam16 , you might be from bini but their are those who are not and you should try to respect their opinion the way you want others to respect yours. below is agbor on Wiki, the majority carries the vote and you know it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agbor
Thanks.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by adellam16(f): 11:56am On Dec 27, 2015
ikennaj44:
tonychristopher , dafuturis , DelticStephEn , theshield , adellam16 ,
the only person I don't like his antic is tonychristopher, he is susceptible to insults.
I usually thought that adellam16 is a deltan wannabi, now she indicated she's from agbor.
theshield will even swear with his life that no agbor man call him/herself igbo man or igbo woman, he tends to talk out of his own subjective rather than objective. I know since time imemorial, its always obi of agbor, we are all not a good student of history, we are prone to sum up falsified stories, how many of your kind know benin empire as a warring empire, staging wars and spreading their tentacles, capturing towns and holding them captive as their subjects who pay taxes to oba of Benin, thank to Britain who stopped their madness.
DelticStephEn seems to be one of the majority with independent mind who really know where she emanated from. not among those who fall cheap into the bait of bini lies. however, bini admitted turning their immediate surroundings into war zones and captives den, their maraudiness can be likened to that of Arab who spread their culture with swords or at knife point, today all middle-east are stereotyped or call themselves Arabs, forgetting the ordeal of their forefathers.
anioma as the Umbrella name that unite all igbos in delta state can not be wished into an ethnic group by overzealous few, this will contravene the purpose of coining the name "Anioma" , we should not use because of non-renewable substance or oil to foist new ethnicity on ourselves, the division may not end on clans that made up igbo nation because all clans within igbo still have sub-clans who may further factionize for being the sub-clan that lay the Golden egg. before the advent or invasion of Britain all igbo groups existed side by side, its Britain that induced the dichotomy by wrongly ceding present delta igbos to the western region, then called western igbos. osadebay, Okpala, zik etc fought and carved western igbos out from west. but British-Nigeria gov fear of given eastern region more population, rather give them Midwest.
dafuturis, I hope you are hearing me.
theshield and adellam16 , you might be from bini but their are those who are not and you should try to respect their opinion the way you want others to respect yours. below is agbor on Wiki, the majority carries the vote and you know it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agbor
Thanks.
I don't understand. I never forced my belief on anybody. I never also told u I was from benin. I'm an agbor lady, a deltan, from old bendel. Dats my belief. Anyone who thinks otherwise is not of concern to me. Everyone to his own opinion. What's matters is we all r africans and nigerians for life.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by ichommy(m): 12:29am On Sep 04, 2016
Oghene shocked
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by otokx(m): 5:29am On Sep 04, 2016
ichommy:
Oghene shocked

nuh be small thing o
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by ichommy(m): 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2016
otokx:

nuh be small thing o

YOU dey near that side too? wink wink
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by ismart: 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2016
donshaddow:

I'm sorry for trying to derail your thread.

I don't dislike Igbos... I'm not just a tribal bigots and I was trying to create an awareness for my ethnic group and not to be muscled up with the lager igbo ethnic.

People feel its the Ijaws, Itshekiris, Urhobos that made up the larger Delta....

I'm just trying to correct their impression that the Ukwuanis is the second largest ethnic group in Delta.

More so, the topic says igboid (having to do with language spoken by various groups)...

Check my initial response, I said Ukwuani is 90% igboid (Igbo Language)..... But we are so close to the ijaws and itshekiris.. We share same culture with them 90%.. Now you see what I mean!
In my view, I think language/dialect should be the sole determinant of one's lineage. If you people speak igbo language, which I believe the isekiris don't speak, why say you are not igbos? If you ask any other persons from Delta state, I mean the Urobos and co, they will refer to you as an igbo person. It's no news bro.

I have friend who is Anioma, igbo speaking region of Delta and he has never called himself non igbo. For the records, his name is Chike. His girlfriend was Isioma and the friend to his girlfriend whom I dated is Onyinye. If they do not tell you, and you are, for example from North, you will say they are Igbos.

Names and Dialect should be the determining factors.

1 Like

Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 18, 2016
tonychristopher:

Just hear yourself ..did they do your mum tradition in lagos ...I. wonder how your thinking

You have to go to the girl villa it gives you the opportunity to know them and her inlaws

It's a once in a life time thing so prepare for it and you have to insist that u know where your marrying from

Go to her village don't marry a ghost or somebody with questionable origin

Op, you can do traditional in Lagos.. If the head of her family stays in Lagos. No go do, I too sabi, carry problems from villa follow u come Lagos.
And when extended families start taxing you.. U will know how far.

Word of advice : if your bride says Lagos.. Just follow up and do it in Lagos.

As for me, am doing mine in Lagos.. I cant shout after wedding and trad.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by domido(m): 10:53pm On Nov 24, 2016
babygirlfl:

God bless u for this. We are not Delta Igbo,we are Delta.
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by naijadrivablog: 12:33pm On Mar 01, 2021
nkemdi89:
In my place in ukwuani, I was told that its 60 naira. For bride price, with little items for d inlaws.though I can't verify if inflation has affected the price. The traditional marriage can take place anywhere the brides parents resides , unlike our brothers from across niger that always insists in taking the rite to the home front. With 50 thousand everything. Can be concluded since the main rites are completed within close members of the family and couples are later presented to the public for reception.

Seriously
Re: How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state by wowmagonline: 9:52pm On Apr 25, 2022
This tribe bride price is so cheap. Though it varies from family to family.Urhobo bride price. I go like marry for there
https://www.immigratefly.xyz/2022/04/bride-price-list-in-urhobo.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Father And Son Rock Same Outfit (pictured) / My Husband Caught Me Masturbating, What Do I Do? / 29-Year-Old Mother Of 4 Dies After Abortion, Impregnated By 25-Year-Old Boyfrien

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.