Stats: 3,149,784 members, 7,806,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu (1146 Views)

Charles Okah Attempts Jumping From Court’s Third Floor / Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu / Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu (2) (3) (4)

Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu by lolaxavier(m): 6:57am On May 10, 2015
Senator-elect and a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ogun State, Mr. Buruji Kashamu, on Saturday, denied any past trip to the United States and ruled out any possibility of ever visiting the country in the future.

In an interview with Sahara TV, which was monitored by our correspondent, the PDP chieftain likened such a visit to leaping into fire.

Asked by the interviewer to clarify his alleged involvement in a United States criminal case as detailed in a popular prison memoir-turned-TV series by American, Piper Kerman, Kashamu refuted the claims.

He said, “I am a Nigerian. I am not running away from my fatherland. If anyone thinks he has a case against me, he should follow due process and we will take it up from there. I am not under any obligation to go to the US to answer the same charges after the true judgment of the British court has exonerated me of the same allegations.

“Asking me to take the next available flight to the US so as to clear my name is like asking me to jump in a fire-may the Almighty rescue me from it. If the US prosecutor could hide important evidence that later exonerated me in the UK court, only God knows what they will do in their country.

“I have done a lot of things to clear my name. I spent four years in detention at the hands of the US authorities to prove my innocence before I was eventually exonerated. This was also in the presence of the US prosecutors and other agencies in various countries, like the Republic of Benin, Nigeria. It was after a rigorous trial with pictorial and documentary evidence that I was discharged.”

Kashamu further explained that the case was taken to London and he was acquitted. He added that his accusers should follow legal process if they believed their claims held water.

“I have cleared my name and myself in London. If anybody believes that they have any other case against me, they should come through due process. I am ready to challenge it. I am ready to face it without any problem.

“I have never in my life put my foot into the United States. I have never demanded for their sticker. I have been a businessman right from 18 years old. Up till today, I continue doing my business. My last submission is that I know nothing about what they are saying over there,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/going-to-us-is-like-jumping-into-fire-kashamu/

Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu by loomer: 7:05am On May 10, 2015
All of una na thieves finish.
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu by tyson99(m): 7:06am On May 10, 2015
Oloye go face ur wahala
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu by hadura29(m): 7:12am On May 10, 2015
Hmmmmmm
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu by lolaxavier(m): 7:13am On May 10, 2015
This man must be drilled. His words seem to be filled with hollow lies...
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu by Ddonoflife(m): 7:14am On May 10, 2015
big lie.u can succeed anywhere be it nigeria or abroad.all you have to do is follow ur heart to whereve it leads you.especially ur handiwork or intellect.it can take you places
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu by sinizia: 7:17am On May 10, 2015
Silly excuse. You are a drug peddler. You'd be incarcerated in a Kirikiri Maximum prison, but instead you are a PDP chieftain. This country is a huge joke.
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu by boolet: 7:21am On May 10, 2015
smiley Bad guy.
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu by Baawaa(m): 7:21am On May 10, 2015
"If mountain did not go to Muhammed, Muhammed will go to mountain". If you refuse to go to America,America will come and bundle you here after May 29.
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu by lolaxavier(m): 7:22am On May 10, 2015
sinizia:
Silly excuse. You are a drug peddler. You'd be incarcerated in a Kirikiri Maximum prison, but instead you are a PDP chieftain. This country is a huge joke.

Strongly seconded...
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu by wachakuta(m): 7:26am On May 10, 2015
Ole!

If no be fear go d US nah
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu by Adesiji77: 7:59am On May 10, 2015
If you go to the source of the original post (Punch) and scroll down to the comments, here is what a poster named Dar Alli bee wrote:

[b]"Here are some additional facts for you America. The case involving Kenny Badmus at the NDU (National Drug Unit) M'M Int'l 1987/1988 when he was caught importing heroine concealed inside Rothman's cigarette, that was an inbound flight on Ethiopian Airlines from Addis Abbaba. Mr Kashamu was the same man that answered Eso Jinadu. He was detained at Customs Enforcement Hqtrs at Ilupeju, Lagos where he later escaped with a sum bribe of N100'000:00. Close to ten officers lost their job. Iam sure some of them must still be alive to bear witness. The head of NDU that time was Mrs Olugbesan (the iron lady of customs. She later rose to the rank of Deputy director of customs.) Atiku Abubakar was the Area Administrator (Comptroller) at the aiport that time. This is a long rope when properly pulled, the facts will surface. Eso owned an auto shop (tokunbo cars) on Allen Avenue (a1/2 plot of land) which was temporarily confisticated during the military era. 28 vehicles were moved from Allen Avenue to Brickfield Street at Ebute Metta custom's office. Within two weeks, the military shared the vehicles. Highest payment was N2000 (naira) His Viking diesel generator was sold for N28'000:00. Mr kashamu stayed in Coutonou for many years before he sneaked back to Nigeria. Ask any Ijebu-Igbo person they'll confirm his baron activities. Is this the man to swear in as a Nigeria senator? another Anammaesia of Bayelsa!. A THIEF IN LAGOS IS A CHIEF IN THE VILLAGE On my honour, these facts are 1000% true. Kashamu! go for biometric test you dare not I know you can't. The test can be arranged/perform in Nigeria. Kenny Badmus travelled back to US to bring back home to the boss baron a disputed heroine consignment which was disputed to be adulterated(419 have existed too long in narcotics racket too.) The problem with Nigeria is our lack of keeping records, poor memory just like a policeman statement and papers marked as confidential are used to sell plantain and groundnut on our streets. America! exhume the case of Kenny Badmus and you get the link. NDU was the parent body of NDLEA. Customs officers were seconded to serve/train its staff. That was under the directorship of Mr. Felix Oyakilome. (remember Oya kill me?). NIGERIANS!!!!! when you see something, Say something.Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria."[/b]

Interesting! cool

Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu by Nobody: 8:00am On May 10, 2015
See his face..just make a return trip to US ... grin
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu by Adesiji77: 10:26am On May 10, 2015
Lalasticlala, FP things cool
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu by lolaxavier(m): 12:23pm On May 10, 2015
Keneking:
See his face..just make a return trip to US ... grin

Someone that should have been parceled in a carton and ferried straight to US without VAT...thief claiming boss...
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu by lolaxavier(m): 12:37pm On May 10, 2015
wachakuta:
Ole!

If no be fear go d US nah

No mind am...using escape tactics...

Okorocha And Uwajumogu Panics: As Truth Is Unveiled In Imo / Buhari Refers To Germany As West Germany And Its Leader As President Michelle / Highpoints Of President Buhari's Speech At APC NEC Meeting Today!