Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) (26162 Views)

Signpost In Honour Of Abu Ali In Sambisa Forest (Photos) / British Remembrance Day Service Held In Abuja / Farewell Service In Honour Of The Late Ooni Of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade In Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by centjamie(m): 5:04pm On May 10, 2015
amarachi06:

biko what wrong l have committed by saying this?

You have done nothing wrong dear,was just pulling your legs.

How are you?

1 Like

Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by Omowalksola(f): 5:04pm On May 10, 2015
No condition is permanent....C as mama peace cum b lyk old mama #Chai diaris God
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 10, 2015
Farewell indeed
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by jibrilaminu003(m): 5:12pm On May 10, 2015
joedrae:
Thanksgiving and farewell service was held today 10/05/2015 at Abuja in Honour of Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and Dame Patience Jonathan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/abati1990/status/597401797876129793

Change the changers
Transform the transformers then
Watch the watchers!!!
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by olu77(m): 5:12pm On May 10, 2015
light004:

Correct talk. How can one man be the problem of Nigeria and how will his exit now bring prosperity to all. I am waiting to see.

Development is a collective responsibility and everyone be involved. I laugh when i hear gullible Nigerians raising their hopes up the roof not understanding that their circumstance is often their own making not the govt. That no one can change their circumstance no matter how hard the govt tries, if they are not willing to change and make the necessary changes for a better life which may be painful. Even in the US, there are poor people.

Government must not shy away from it's regulatory role too, no government will develop without the uncompromising input of disciplined leaders.

For instance, if the government of Indonesia continued to watch while drug barrons undermine it's effort, who will get the blame in the end? Government must be fair and should not directly or by it's body language show support for corruption.

I believe GEJ has given his best but syhing away from critical decisions is the bane of his failure to secure second term ticket.
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by HeavenShield: 5:28pm On May 10, 2015
some comments are so nasty and dirty to read...mtweee..May Almighty God be with you..Our Dear President. It is well with You, You did what you could do..God bless You and your Family..Goodbye
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 10, 2015
ogorkojo:
If e reach otuoke, dem go come do welcome party for am too abi? Dem nor go let pesin rest.
DID THEY BOTHER U? Y CNT U PPLE LEAVE GEJ ALONE. PLS STOP IT.
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by ideylaff: 5:32pm On May 10, 2015
Booyakasha:
Too many people hate on Gej this days for no reason, forgetting nobody in their entire generation can get to where he is... stop hating guys, he is not even your mate.. some nigerians have this mentality of joining the crowd, i even see some Gej supporters betraying him immediately after he lost.. he is a legend, his name remains on the wall... he has made history, he wasn't even a military dictator that is so thirsty for power everytime (GMB), he stepped down and accepted defeat, the media screws with people's head, they make you believe false things, the media can turn a good man to a monster, the media makes you think being a president means you're sitting in a hot seat, the media tell the most lies... well, i wanted GMB to win, but Gej was/is a Legend.

With all the blood on his hands, I wonder why hes suddenly become a hero

Allowing Boko Haram to fester on purpose for political reasons, no action until 14 days when kids were kidnapped and all, and you come on here to call him a hero

A man that Presided over Nigeria when Oil was at its highest price and ended up depleting the reserves, treasury and whatever buffer we could have used now that oil is low

Please go and read the meaning of what An Hero is.... in my books hes nothing but a failure

So because he called Buhari to concede hes now a hero overnight...

Some people just make me laugh

Go and ask the people who lost lives and loved ones , the Chibok parents they called to Abuja and offered money to over their kids stil missing if GEJ is their hero then yu will understand

Please don sit behind a keyboard an insult us abeggggiiii

3 Likes

Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by ADIBEFRANK(m): 5:45pm On May 10, 2015
joedrae:
Thanksgiving and farewell service was held today 10/05/2015 at Abuja in Honour of Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and Dame Patience Jonathan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/abati1990/status/597401797876129793
GOD WILL SURELY BLESS U.
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 10, 2015
klax:

You have just hit it on the head God bless you. You have just said it all its not a curse their generation born and unborn can not and will reach where Gej has reached in life. Any man who want to be anything in life don't hate someone God had just decided to favour. The more you hate the person the more you goes down its not a curse it's a natural thing go and read your bible or quoran very well or if you are traditional believer go and do finding yourself.

Gej God bless you I wish you well, you have done your best and im so happy with you though you did not 100% got it done but you have tried your best those who spend 8 years and 12 years in power has got nothing to show for it but only to tear voters card anyway history will stand by you. God bless your humility is a rare one.
GOD BLESS U MY DEAR. U AV SUMMARIZED EVERYTHING. URE RIGHT. IF U HATE SOMEONE, GOD WIL NOT BE PLEASED WIT U ESP. WEN D PERSON IS GOOD. BEWARE
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by ocelot2006(m): 5:45pm On May 10, 2015
From the posts I've read here, there are too many immature kids here on Nairaland. Keep insulting GEJ, yet you've not passed your WAEC. Useless twats.

@ OP, it has truly been an honor to have been led by GEJ. God bless you sir.
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by kayalla(f): 5:49pm On May 10, 2015
otijah:
He is nt even ashamed organizing Such a service
meaning wat?

he has tried let the next person come and try
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by ibkgab001: 5:59pm On May 10, 2015
Pepe
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by Orunto: 6:12pm On May 10, 2015
The Lord is watching over you GEJ!!!!
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by chamboy(m): 6:13pm On May 10, 2015
Bye bye Mr clueless
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by ExInferis(m): 6:15pm On May 10, 2015
Booyakasha:
Too many people hate on Gej this days for no reason, forgetting nobody in their entire generation can get to where he is... stop hating guys, he is not even your mate.. some nigerians have this mentality of joining the crowd, i even see some Gej supporters betraying him immediately after he lost.. he is a legend, his name remains on the wall... he has made history, he wasn't even a military dictator that is so thirsty for power everytime (GMB), he stepped down and accepted defeat, the media screws with people's head, they make you believe false things, the media can turn a good man to a monster, the media makes you think being a president means you're sitting in a hot seat, the media tell the most lies... well, i wanted GMB to win, but Gej was/is a Legend.

What exactly did he do that made him a legend? That he conceded defeat isnt a big deal, he'd lost anyway. Sitting tight gbagbo style wasnt an option, not with the mood in the country and the rest if the world.

He did everything to bastadize the elections: using armed militants and security agents to intimidate, bribing influential chiefs and pastors, sponsoring protests against Card Reader and Jega.

In case you're not aware, the phone call to GMB was suggested by General Abdulsalam as a way for GEJ to escape with some semblance of dignity.

Conceding defeat does not erase the following:

Death of job seekers

15000 dead due to boko haram

Chibok abduction

20 billion saga

Diezanis shenanigans

Worsening unemployment

Dropping power supply

Divisive politics

Pension scam

Forgiving alams

Empowering kashamu

Lack of stopping fuel importation

Lack of stopping oil theft

No second niger bridge

Blowing 7 billion or so on some fake conference

Forgiving abacha

South africa arms imbroglio

Stella odua

Orunma etteh

Diezani

Fuel scarcity

Endless farmers and herders clashes

Education

Health

Etc

3 Likes

Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by IYANGBALI: 6:21pm On May 10, 2015
RobinHez:

If u're in his position, can u do better?
stoopid question. GEJ begged and rebegged for the job,so that is the difference between the two of us. You don't ask for what is beyond your capability unless you are greedy.

1 Like

Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by Lionsclaw: 6:32pm On May 10, 2015
Tvegas:
He should complete this tour with a valedictory service in rccg camp, Catholic church, the chosen church, dunamis center and the rest. I have never seen a president who rubbished that office like this man did in the name of sourcing for votes.

How about David Cameron? undecided . Talk of things politicians like Obama, Schwarzenegger etc have done in the name of sympatizing for votes. You know nothing abt being a politician, you are just being blinded by hate right now. You are just a myopic minded scumbag man
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 10, 2015
FlirtyKaren:
see our fine dame.

While in church, her husband, President Jonathan said he was ready to pay the supreme price for Nigeria with all the benefits he has derived from the country right from his school days. Apart from getting scholarships in school, President Jonathan had become a deputy governor, governor, vice president and president by the grace of God.

He said:

“When I look at the whole picture of my life up to when I became the president of this country, I say that if soldiers and police officers that have not received 0. 5 percent of the benefits that I have received from the state can lay their lives for this country, I should do anything in the interest of Nigeria including paying the supreme price.

As long as live, I will continue to do my best for the state because the state has helped me as a person. I have to thank Nigerians especially my state for giving me the opportunity to serve as deputy governor and the whole country gave me the opportunity to serve as Vice President and then president, first was to complete the tenure of the late president and later serve as president from which I am exiting now as a very happy and fulfilled man.

I believe there are reasons for everything. Some hard decisions have their own cost, no doubt about that. That I have ran the government this way that stabilized certain things, the electoral process and other things that brought stability into this country. They were very costly decisions which I myself must be ready to pay for.

Some people come to me and say this or that person is he not your friend that benefited. Is it not your government that this person benefited from? But this is what the person is saying. But I used to say worse statements will come. If you take certain decisions, you should know that those close to you will even abandon you at some point. And I tell them that more of my so-called friends will disappear.”

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/05/i-was-ready-to-die-for-nigeria.html

Honestly, I'm at a loss as to the sincerity of this statement. If indeed he is sincere about being fulfilled with what he's done with his life in office in the tenure of six years now ebbing away then his perception of what leadership is all about beats me hollow!
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by Freelancer00(m): 6:41pm On May 10, 2015
Booyakasha:
With that last sentence, all u said up there is a LIE

1 Like

Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by sirTesco(m): 6:55pm On May 10, 2015
otijah:
He is nt even ashamed organizing Such a service
why should he or is it a crime not to win an election? He showed a great humility and propagated the real tenet of African democracy by conceding to defeat.
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by RobinHez(m): 6:56pm On May 10, 2015
IYANGBALI:
stoopid question. GEJ begged and rebegged for the job,so that is the difference between the two of us. You don't ask for what is beyond your capability unless you are greedy.
ok
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 10, 2015
INVINCIBLECSP:
DID THEY BOTHER U? Y CNT U PPLE LEAVE GEJ ALONE. PLS STOP IT.
Wetin na? Did I bother u? I hold GEJ? Abi I nor fit talk my mind again?
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by Tvegas(m): 9:41pm On May 10, 2015
Lionsclaw:
How about David Cameron? undecided . Talk of things politicians like Obama, Schwarzenegger etc have done in the name of sympatizing for votes. You know nothing abt being a politician, you are just being blinded by hate right now. You are just a myopic minded scumbag man

How dare you compare the extremely corrupt and clueless one with the likes of Cameron? Shut your trap. Damn You fool.
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by eloesibe5(f): 10:02pm On May 10, 2015
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by Lionsclaw: 10:12pm On May 10, 2015
Tvegas:

How dare you compare the extremely corrupt and clueless one with the likes of Cameron? Shut your trap. Damn You fool.
Can't you see that you are obviously an idi*ot. You can't even make a coordinated point. Your arguement is on jonathan's moves on getting votes thru churches and I showed you how stvpid you were because all politicians have their own ways of getting votes. Instead of you to stay on point you, like d correct pig that u are, have digressed to corruption.
Oya mumv go back to your post, na corruption be ur point. Shebi u see say ur head no correct undecided
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by mceze(m): 10:58pm On May 10, 2015
Booyakasha:
U are a big foøoool.I pray may God rule ur life the way GEJ ruled Nigeria...
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by ilovecritics(m): 11:41pm On May 10, 2015
intergral:
OTOUKE straight DELAY........ Ride on GEJ... RIDE to otOUke.........
He should start packing his stuffs from villa and load it in that his old modern train then submit the list of all the bastards that used him to ruin Nigeria to BABA so that he nail their asses in jail!.....
BABA my hero...
Rochas my PAddy...
Fashola my mentor...
JONA my comedian...
GOD BLESS 9JA!

U wasted time and MB! undecided

And u are confused too! Try taking ur drugs always*
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by intergral(m): 11:48pm On May 10, 2015
ilovecritics:

U wasted time and MB! undecided
And u are confused too! Try taking ur drugs always*
I am happy that the truth hurt you!
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by Edusouls(m): 6:39am On May 11, 2015
SuperSuave:
Its too early sha. Goodbye mr Presido, we will miss you Mama Piss grin
we wont miss him, we need change..
Re: Farewell Service Held in honour of President Jonathan (PICTURES) by manie(m): 3:16pm On May 11, 2015
eloesibe5:

please orthodox Anglican church and Anglican church are not d same thing...ok?
The primate of d church of Nigeria anglican communion is the most revd. Nicholas Okoh

GEJ is a member of the Nigerian Anglican Communion, and he is a communicant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Outcome Of Meeting By Fayose, Kashamu, Mimiko / Osinbajo Reveals FG Plans For Power Sector / President Buhari Signs Power Deal With Siemens AG (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.