Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) (72847 Views)

Is This A Beauty Contest? - Northern Girls / The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by REMMEI(m): 10:14pm On May 10, 2015
undecided
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by loudspeaker123: 10:15pm On May 10, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Really? Keep laughing at your countrymen.....it's really classy.
dats not it bro.......dat was wat my elder brodas call me wen i wa s small bkos i have a big head
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 10, 2015
Tenim47:
bosschinalu:
Space bought
ayobamog:
good to knw
gbaskiboy:
Is typing a message....................
loudspeaker123:
dats not it bro.......dat was wat my elder brodas call me wen i wa s small bkos i have a big head

In the two years I have been on Nairaland, I have learned lots of stuff....and I hope to keep learning.

Sadly, some people think that knowledge is a joke.

The fact of the matter is that it isn't. It is wonderful to know something new....regardless.

So, sorry.....but your jokes are in bad taste. If you have nothing to say...don't say it, and appreciate the fact that someone is doing you a favour by sharing some knowledge with you.

I know you are now going to mock me....so...go ahead. But remember.....it won't benefit you, or affect me at all.

Grow up.

''No thief, however skillful, can rob one of knowledge, and that is why knowledge is the best and safest treasure to acquire.”

L. Frank Baum.(source)

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 10, 2015
They are friendly and peaceful but fighting is there hobby. There girls ain't pretty. Burukutu is their favourite drink grin

1 Like

Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by pazienza(m): 10:42pm On May 10, 2015
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by owobokiri(m): 10:59pm On May 10, 2015
All I know is that one utterly corrupt imbecilic simpleton that destroyed this country with the name Theophlus Danjuma is a Junkun
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 10, 2015
You need to mention "Igbo" in order to make this thread hot cake.

1 Like

Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Alao96(m): 11:02pm On May 10, 2015
how dis one take reduce price of fuel....jukun ko ibokin ni
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 10, 2015
Jukun people according to history were sharing boundary between the Idoma in Benue state and the Ndoma of Nassarawa state both in the old Benue plateau, the Jukun were homely accommodating they accommodate the Tiv who migrated migrated from Congo, gave them home,land and cattle to rear.

The Tiv people seeing the Jukun as a nice people and decided to settle down quickly having gone through violence that lead to their migration. After some years and increased in numbers, some of them find their way to Markurdi area and found the Idoma people there, they chase the Idoma people out of Markurdi and continue the chase till today. They were totally a stranger to the Idoma unlike the Jukun that knows the details about them, the Jukun nickname the Tiv as munchi meaning they ate the cattle instead of rearing them.

The Tiv people reside and dominate Benue, but the real owner of the state are the Jukun and Idoma, that is why if anything happens in that river (river Benue) its only Jukun and the Agatu people which is the Idoma people that eligible to enter the river.

I graduated from UAM, many thanks to Engnr in society. Waiting for Nairaland on Tiv and Idoma history.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Chigold101(m): 11:06pm On May 10, 2015
Funjosh:

OP I saw somewhere in your post you made mentioned of the Agatu people of Benue State; are they Idoma or Jukun
well all i can say is that they are neighbors & u should also know that many tribes relates but deny each other in mordern history because some wants to cave a space for themselves. So agatu should be jukun

1 Like

Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by warripekin(m): 11:25pm On May 10, 2015
Agatu is Idoma. Please are the Jukun people the same as Mumuyeh people?
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 10, 2015
Chigold101:
well all i can say is that they are neighbors & u should also know that many tribes relates but deny each other in mordern history because some wants to cave a space for themselves. So agatu should be jukun
Agatu is Idoma not Jukun
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by JakesJ(m): 11:30pm On May 10, 2015
Sleep*n, I'm Late!
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 10, 2015
yimikaa:
Mangye

Sakin cheesy
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Lisahbeth(f): 11:59pm On May 10, 2015
please if the jukun originated from sudan does it also mean that the Ebira people may also have originated from there as well??
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Rapzino: 12:04am On May 11, 2015
yimikaa:
Mangye
mangye o nwuza
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Rapzino: 12:07am On May 11, 2015
PRYCE:
kyabyenni?
oma uchi jukun?
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Rapzino: 12:08am On May 11, 2015
iyke926:
They are friendly and peaceful but fighting is there hobby. There girls ain't pretty. Burukutu is their favourite drink grin
hehehe, our girls fine jor

2 Likes

Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Rapzino: 12:11am On May 11, 2015
DrLikita:

Sakin cheesy
shidon ku kyaibye
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Nobody: 12:11am On May 11, 2015
loudspeaker123:
jukun sounds funny to me
it would because emphasis has being placed on wazobia where we have other tribes to learn from.

1 Like

Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by PRYCE(m): 12:54am On May 11, 2015
Rapzino:
oma uchi jukun?
Bonafide! Uchi wapan?

3 Likes

Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Nobody: 3:47am On May 11, 2015
Rapzino:
shidon ku kyaibye
lol I don't understand the rest tongue
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Chigold101(m): 5:10am On May 11, 2015
uncle005:
Agatu is Idoma not Jukun
thank you sir for puting me right. This is why we need people that know to help us know better... Thanks
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Chigold101(m): 5:14am On May 11, 2015
Lisahbeth:
please if the jukun originated from sudan does it also mean that the Ebira people may also have originated from there as well??
i will check within the week where Ebira orignated from... Are u Ebira?
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Chigold101(m): 5:21am On May 11, 2015
warripekin:
Agatu is Idoma. Please are the Jukun people the same as Mumuyeh people?
i search more to find out about Mumuyeh people.
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Cpumping(m): 5:31am On May 11, 2015
I served in wukari, I noe for fact dat d jukuns r warriors n dey love to fight. the tivs hate the jukuns wit passion(mayb because of a war whr d jukuns showed dem shege grin), they revere crocodiles(I ddnt get the whole gist, I ws told a particular croc coms to greet the aku uka once a while n nobody dares touch or obstruct the crocs path)
they r rilly friendly but u dare not anger them, they r also 'traditionist' masked under d guise of 'church' people.
they always fight wit thier Muslim convert brothers. I witnessed 3 of such wars b4 nysc decided to relocate me zing, whr I met the mumuye's. extremely nice pple. *winks winks* grin

4 Likes

Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by patwilly(m): 5:50am On May 11, 2015
Funjosh:
Fulaman198 I see you my Fulani brother from another mother wink

OP I saw somewhere in your post you made mentioned of the Agatu people of Benue State; are they Idoma or Jukun
The agatu people are Idoma.
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by dannyville2(m): 5:53am On May 11, 2015
PRYCE:
kyabyenni?
tobaa
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by dannyville2(m): 5:59am On May 11, 2015
Rapzino:
hehehe, our girls fine jor
kai rapzino, u stay at jalingo right?
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Nobody: 6:37am On May 11, 2015
Jukun.........sounds like a new dance step to me

1 Like

Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by WORLDPEACE(m): 6:38am On May 11, 2015
CELEBRITY JUKUN
MI ABAGA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. / Origin Of Various Igbo Clans / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.