Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,989 members, 7,799,392 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu (29841 Views)

RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers / Non-indigenes In Rivers Petition Buhari Over Wike’s Sack Threat / INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

This is the disrespect to the Yoruba hosts the Oba talks about. Try to take Lagos on your back to the East when Yorubas decide to break Nigeria.

Until when you coward dolls try a break-up, but for now coward shut ur trap, Lagos was built with oil money from SS and SE because lagos is the capital of Nigeria not Benin or togo get that into ur head.... No Nigerians will ever be called Host...If there is any parasite in Nigeria its the Yorubas who have used our oil money to better their own life
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by omonnakoda: 6:05pm On May 11, 2015
meforyou1:
Does mr akiolu, a former 10 Nairaland change policeman know we have more than 10 million Gino's born in lagos?
We are buying up that lagos, inch by inch, like Americans bought Alaska from Russia
omonnakoda:
If you spend 30 minutes with an Eboe without some boasting he is not Eboe. The depth and profundity of inferiority complex and low self esteem Eboes feel is piteous.There is a compulsive need to boast and brag ,to seek validation endlessly. We have to show understanding for their plight

Goodluck. I wonderwhy you like it so much though and hate your red soil curious. LIke I said if you don't boast foolishly you won't be Eboe that is your signature we know you for that.
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 10:09am On May 14, 2015
omonnakoda:
Ladipo is mostly not a market but residential areas turned into shops in the usual untidy and illegal Eboe way they will be closed.The actual market there is a Mushin Local government enterprise. The port in Lagos has been there before 1900 and is the heritage of Lagos People .It was built by the British with money generated IN LAGOS. Computer village is an illegal market .

What you referred to as a port was just a shore line where Europeans come with their fishing boats to trade not the port we have at Apapa today. Apapa port was built with Nigerian resources and taxes. I assume you don't live in Lagos hence you know little about its history. Every market place in Lagos is/was illegal until it was formally introduced as a market. Suru ALABA wasn't a conventional market, it was "egbo" (bush) until Igbo traders turned it into an electronic market dominated by Indian and Japanese made electronics. As the market expands, almost encroaching the Army barracks (Signal barracks Intelligence unit), the then GOC sighted security breach of Govt facility and along with the then military Government moved the Igbo traders to a farther location, another "egbo" in Ojo local Government and they called it "OJO-ALABA" later changed to ALABA international market when the market expanded exponentially. The Igbos built ALABA international market from scratch to what it is today and they also brought development to that community. A community where a plot of land once sold at N10,000 now sells at over N20 million if you are lucky to find one. Today a plot at far away okokomaiko goes for nothing less than N10 million.

So when Igbos say they built Lagos, you gotta give it to them, they always bring development to wherever community they reside or do business. As for Ladipo market and computer village, that's a story for another day. Like i said if you don't know the story, kindly keep quiet and relax while people who know enlighten you.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by omonnakoda: 10:17am On May 14, 2015
rudedough:

What you referred to as a port was just a shore line where Europeans come with their fishing boats to trade not the port we have at Apapa today. Apapa port was built with Nigerian resources and taxes. I assume you don't live in Lagos hence you know little about its history. Every market place in Lagos is/was illegal until it was formally introduced as a market. Suru ALABA wasn't a conventional market, it was "egbo" (bush) until Igbo traders turned it into an electronic market dominated by Indian and Japanese made electronics. As the market expands, almost encroaching the Army barracks (Signal barracks Intelligence unit), the then GOC sighted security breach of Govt facility and along with the then military Government moved the Igbo traders to a farther location, another "egbo" in Ojo local Government and they called it "OJO-ALABA" later changed to ALABA international market when the market expanded exponentially. The Igbos built ALABA international market from scratch to what it is today and they also brought development to that community. A community where a plot of land once sold at N10,000 now sells at over N20 million if you are lucky to find one. Today a plot at far away okokomaiko goes for nothing less than N10 million.

So when Igbos say they built Lagos, you gotta give it to them, they always bring development to wherever community they reside or do business. As for Ladipo market and computer village, that's a story for another day. Like i said if you don't know the story, kindly keep quiet and relax while people who know enlighten you.

Cheers.
You are a bitter ignorant Eboe read the attachment from what you quoted . It gives specific details of tonnage and crews. If you are not a jealous Eboe you will not call a steamer a fishing boat. The colonials kept very good record in their annual colonial reports detailing the kinds and number of vessels,tonnage of exports as well as number of crew and their nationalities. I am not aware of any other "SHORELINE" where such records were kept. They were also present in the whole of Nigeria and Ebooe land. Where are the records from there

http://libsysdigi.library.illinois.edu/ilharvest/Africana/Books2011-05/3064634/3064634_1898_lagos/3064634_1898_lagos_opt.pdf

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 10:21am On May 14, 2015
omonnakoda:
You are a bitter ignorant Eboe read the attachment from what you quoted . It gives specific details of tonnage and crews. If you are not a jealous Eboe you will not call a steamer a fishing boat. The colonials kept very good record in their annual colonial reports detailing the kinds and number of vessels,tonnage of exports as well as number of crew and their nationalities. I am not aware of any other "SHORELINE" where such records were kept. They were also present in the whole of Nigeria and Ebooe land. Where are the records from ther

Dude this is not a Zero-sum game, nobody wins or loses so i'm not going to engage you in a back and forth argument. Enlighten yourself and emancipate yourself from sheer ignorance.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by omonnakoda: 10:27am On May 14, 2015
rudedough:

Dude this is not a Zero-sum game, nobody wins or loses so i'm not going to engage you in a back and forth argument. Enlighten yourself and emancipate yourself from sheer ignorance.

Cheers.
Just shut up and get out of my face .Go and study factual records ignorant berk
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by omonnakoda: 10:36am On May 14, 2015
facts do not lie

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by omonnakoda: 10:38am On May 14, 2015
Do we talk about a wharf an light house and customs at a mere shoreline? Why is it only Lagos? Was that the only shoreline in Nigeria in 1896? These people are so bitter,twisted and desperate to disparage our heritage.
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by omonnakoda: 10:50am On May 14, 2015
From this website you can see a calculator of a HISTORICAL value of £ sterling adjusted for inflation
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1633409/Historic-inflation-calculator-value-money-changed-1900.html
£1000 in 1900 would be worth £109,888.

Customs revenue in Lagos in 1898 was £180000 which today would be £20 million what is notable is the revenue the previous year was

£160000 an annual increase of more than 10%
We would note that the same report show there were locomotive trains in Lagos which would have come in through this same port that haters wish to denigrate as a mere "shoreline" for fishing boats

This is a picture of the steamer S/S akoko after the 1914 commissioning of Apapa port

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by omonnakoda: 10:54am On May 14, 2015
Lagos in 1896

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 12:18am On May 17, 2015
Lol cheesy

But,mennnnnn if I say I'm not tired if this tribal war going on here,then, I lie...
It's getting out of hand.
God help us.
Ishilove:

Ask google
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 8:23am On May 30, 2015
wheredemdey:

U misunderstand me...what's ma biz with the garrulous oba forming god??...I careless about his uncouth unrealistic statements...truth is that nobody can ever chase the igbo's out of lagos..its not possible..not in a billion years...like someone said...more chisco..young shall grow and ekenedilichukwu buses filled to the brim with young igbomen are on their way to lagos as we speak.

my main concern is the veracity of the statement I quoted...on the inequality of the love of God...some people hv it so good in life regardless of their sins while some work like elephants and eat like ants...remember david in the bible...that's ma point nt the beer. parlour rants of a proud conceited man.

I hope that one day you will come to the same conviction as me that the LOVE of THE MOST HIGH GOD is devoid of inequality or partiality or any other negative attribute.
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by ArodeTsolaye: 9:34am On May 30, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

There is no Eze or Obi of Lagos. You only have Eze Ndigbo in Lagos, just like you have Seriki Hausawa (King of the Hausas) in Lagos and other places.

Yes, a Yoruba man can become a councillor in Anambra if he contests in an area where the Yorubas have more numeric strength over others. For this to happen, first, Yoruba people will first have to migrate to Anambra and reside there in large numbers, large enough to make a political statement as democracy is a game of numbers. If the Yorubas refuse to live in large numbers outside of their enclaves, do you expect me to import them and force them to contest and win elections there?

Note that the Igbo candidates that won elections in Lagos state did so in areas where Igbos have numerical dominance. They didn't win in Isale Eko.

Also, you may want to know that the first elected Mayor of Enugu in the 50s was a Fulani man.

Correct Igbos were the first to start electing outsiders. Umaru Altini was elected as mayor of Enugu in the 50s. Something yorubas can never do. We all remember how Zik was pushed out by Awo's tribalism after winning the Western premier election.
Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by ArodeTsolaye: 9:40am On May 30, 2015
tonychristopher:

and oduduwa was a wandering Benin man or exiled Benin prince
Thank u
Oduduwa had benin brothers like OsazUWA, OmorUWA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ex-CBN Staff Forfeits TEEDEK Polytechnic To Government [Photos] / Corpse Of Gov. Shettima's Aide Who Died In Fatal Accident Arrives Borno(pics) / FAAC Crisis: 14 Governors Can’t Pay Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.