Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Tell Me All About Traditional Weddings - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tell Me All About Traditional Weddings (644 Views)

Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State / 16 Pictures Of African Dads At Weddings That Will Make You Delighted / Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Me All About Traditional Weddings by Nobody: 4:04am On May 11, 2015
i don't know too much about them . why are they important in Nigerian culture ? what happens during ? where does it take place ? anything else you know about them , pls share tongue
Re: Tell Me All About Traditional Weddings by Danhumprey: 4:30am On May 11, 2015
Are you and alien? Were you born in another planet?

Traditional wedding is very,very important. Even more important than the 'white wedding'.
Re: Tell Me All About Traditional Weddings by Nobody: 4:51am On May 11, 2015
you seem to know about it . tell me more. why's it more important than the white wedding ?

Danhumprey:
Are you and alien? Were you born in another planet?

Traditional wedding is very,very important. Even more important than the 'white wedding'.
Re: Tell Me All About Traditional Weddings by obiak4(m): 7:05am On May 11, 2015
aflyingbird:
i don't know too much about them . why are they important in Nigerian culture ? what happens during ? where does it take place ? anything else you know about them , pls share tongue

simply put traditional marriage is simply agreement between the families that this your daughter or son would be spending the rest of her life with my son/daughter "FORMALLY"
and you get to know his family mostly distance relations nice,nephew, cousins e.t.c
and the bride/groom's families exchange gift which erroneously people call bride price forgetting that the bride parents also give gift to the groom's family
white wedding is simply a tradition it has no basis or
significance (it's just a show)
my 2cent
Re: Tell Me All About Traditional Weddings by Nobody: 10:05am On May 11, 2015
tnk u , obiak ! kiss

what do ya mean white wedding has no basis or significance , it's just a show ? that's like the real wedding when the Pastor / the Church comes in, the groom and bride says their vows . why do pple do it then (after the traditional ... i know that much) , if it's not important ?

--- ohhh . the bride price is an exchange of gifts . thought the groom's fam gives " money " to the bride's , lol

---don't mind my Q's , just interested in knowing. tnk u

obiak4:

simply put traditional marriage is simply agreement between the families that this your daughter or son would be spending the rest of her life with my son/daughter "FORMALLY"
and you get to know his family mostly distance relations nice,nephew, cousins e.t.c
and the bride/groom's families exchange gift which erroneously people call bride price forgetting that the bride parents also give gift to the groom's family
white wedding is simply a tradition it has no basis or
significance (it's just a show)
my 2cent
Re: Tell Me All About Traditional Weddings by obiak4(m): 11:15am On May 11, 2015
aflyingbird:
tnk u , obiak ! kiss

what do ya mean white wedding has no basis or significance , it's just a show ? that's like the real wedding when the Pastor / the Church comes in, the groom and bride says their vows . why do pple do it then (after the traditional ... i know that much) , if it's not important ?

--- ohhh . the bride price is an exchange of gifts . thought the groom's fam gives " money " to the bride's , lol

---don't mind my Q's , just interested in knowing. tnk u

in Africa white wedding has no basis if not for our ancestry have not made it necessary for such by serving idols
in traditional marriage they also make vows
people just go with the flow
haven't seen any scripture in the Bible that says white wedding
it just a waste of time and money
even if I would do it could only do it inside an MFM CHURCH
no apologies whatsoever

(1) (Reply)

You'll Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian If..... / Facts That Can't Be Denied / Skin Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.