Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

12 Years A Slave? Nah! More Like 18 Years! The Child Support/ Alimony Issue! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 12 Years A Slave? Nah! More Like 18 Years! The Child Support/ Alimony Issue! (3558 Views)

African Migrants Sold In Libya ‘slave Markets’, Says IOM - BBC / Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. / I Wash Her Dirty Pants & Bra Everyday Like A Slave Just To Stay In America – Str (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Years A Slave? Nah! More Like 18 Years! The Child Support/ Alimony Issue! by Moana(f): 11:00am On May 12, 2015
justwise:

Practically everything.
but you live in a Western country so i dont see how anything i said was false though
Re: 12 Years A Slave? Nah! More Like 18 Years! The Child Support/ Alimony Issue! by justwise(m): 11:06am On May 12, 2015
Moana:
but you live in a Western country so i dont see how anything i said was false though

Yes i live in western world and i'm specifically talking about how the law faviours women when marriage goes bad whether its the man's fault or not.

This is not about African man or western man issue. Have you heard about Fathers4Justice (F4J)? Was that organisation formed by an African man?

1 Like

Re: 12 Years A Slave? Nah! More Like 18 Years! The Child Support/ Alimony Issue! by torontoboy(m): 11:10am On May 12, 2015
Moana:
if you have no faith in the legal system you cannot blame them when you simply decide not to take action. You cannot be protected by something you have no faith in. If you decided not to fight it out, the consequences will remain yours to bare its as simple as that

Did you read the posted article on the guy that commited suicide at all? He had no money to fight the system. Even the Judge said he could not help him when he could not afford to pay for a lawyer. That's the way the cookie crumbles over here. I personally know of one guy who had to go borrowing a huge sum of money to pay his lawyers. At the days end, he will have to work his butt off to pay the debt, still pay the child/spousal support and not have the time to develop himself resulting in a vicious cycle of low end living! And please, please, please for the umpteenth time, understand that it's not all men who were sowing wild oats when this happened to them. Many were LEGALLY married! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: 12 Years A Slave? Nah! More Like 18 Years! The Child Support/ Alimony Issue! by justwise(m): 11:13am On May 12, 2015
torontoboy:

Did you read the posted article on the guy that commited suicide at all? He had no money to fight the system. Even the Judge said he could not help him when he could not afford to pay for a lawyer. That's the way the cookie crumbles over here. I personally know of one guy who had to go borrowing a huge sum of money to pay his lawyers. At the days end, he will have to work his butt off to pay the debt, still pay the child/spousal support and not have the time to develop himself resulting in a vicious cycle of low end living! And please, please, please for the umpteenth time, understand that it's not all men who were sowing wild oats when this happened to them. Many were LEGALLY married! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Exactly!! she completely failed to see that and keep going on about something else

1 Like

Re: 12 Years A Slave? Nah! More Like 18 Years! The Child Support/ Alimony Issue! by Moana(f): 11:15am On May 12, 2015
justwise:

Yes i live in western world and i'm specifically talking about how the law faviours women when marriage goes bad whether its the man's fault or not.

This is not about African man or western man issue. Have you heard about Fathers4Justice (F4J)? Was that organisation formed by an African man?
so please lets not here anymore of that the West polluted African culture because for if African men were against it there wouldnt be leaving their motherland for better living standards.

F4J was formulated for fathers who actually want to be involved in their children's lives not for men who want to complain about paying child support.
Re: 12 Years A Slave? Nah! More Like 18 Years! The Child Support/ Alimony Issue! by justwise(m): 11:17am On May 12, 2015
Moana:
so please lets not here anymore of that the West polluted African culture because for if African men were against it there wouldnt be leaving their motherland for better living standards.

F4J was formulated for fathers who actually want to be involved in their children's lives not for men who want to complain about paying child support.

Where did i say that?
Re: 12 Years A Slave? Nah! More Like 18 Years! The Child Support/ Alimony Issue! by justwise(m): 11:24am On May 12, 2015
justwise:

Child support is the responsibility of both the mother and the daddy, not just the daddy, again I'm not against child support , I'm against women who turned this into business for their own selfish interest, being a single mother benefit such women more because they are not interested in marriage but in using the kids to claim benefits.

Women has condom too, so it's not only man that needs to ware one.

Moana:

Do you actually read people's post before replying?

1 Like

Re: 12 Years A Slave? Nah! More Like 18 Years! The Child Support/ Alimony Issue! by Moana(f): 11:28am On May 12, 2015
torontoboy:

Let me ask you something, when forsaw the possiblity of him not being able to pay support in the future did he try to make provisions for it before the debt was due? Or did he probably jusy expect the mother to take full responsibility for those 2months without trying to compromise with her?

So because he ended his life because of child support does it mean we should encourage every woman who has an unwanted pregnancy to commit suicide too?

Remember one thing the duty to pay child support is not terminated because the mother is capable to carry out both duties. So long your child is dependant on you you will have a duty to maintain that child and thats that!

How many African mothers take care of their children from infancy until they are majors without jobs but still survive. When a man is put in the same position the first thing he opts for its taking his own life?

A mother is never excused from her primary duty towards her child, why should a father feel he should be given any such special treatment and be excused?

That other woman could not help him pay up parts of his debt until he got back on his feet, but suddenly has all the energy in the world to sue for a person who voluntarily took his life away. Talk about setting priorities straight.
Re: 12 Years A Slave? Nah! More Like 18 Years! The Child Support/ Alimony Issue! by Moana(f): 11:31am On May 12, 2015
justwise:

[/b]

Do you actually read people's post before replying?
that last part you quoted was referring to F4J not you. You dont seem to read posts properly either
Re: 12 Years A Slave? Nah! More Like 18 Years! The Child Support/ Alimony Issue! by torontoboy(m): 11:47am On May 12, 2015
It's clear, you don't understand how the sysyem works. After you pay your bills & mortgage etc in oyinbo man's land,you are left with little on no savings. So how could he save when most people live from paycheck to paycheck.Yeah, she's suing because that will put more money in her pocket!
In every home, expenses are not always the same monthly, some months you spend less while some you spend more. The system is souless and Godless!

1 Like

Re: 12 Years A Slave? Nah! More Like 18 Years! The Child Support/ Alimony Issue! by Moana(f): 11:54am On May 12, 2015
Last time i checked even if you are in a common law partnership you can experessly agree not to have a duty to maintain each other or a child that is biologically not yours as long as that partnership exists.

The law has provided remedies for you but when you choose to ignore them you cannot really blame anyone else for it.
Re: 12 Years A Slave? Nah! More Like 18 Years! The Child Support/ Alimony Issue! by Moana(f): 12:00pm On May 12, 2015
torontoboy:
It's clear, you don't understand how the sysyem works. After you pay your bills & mortgage etc in oyinbo man's land,you are left with little on no savings. So how could he save when most people live from paycheck to paycheck.Yeah, she's suing because that will put more money in her pocket!
In every home, expenses are not always the same monthly, some months you spend less while some you spend more. The system is souless and Godless!
if all fathers were responsible for the maintanance without having he law force them to do so, do you think there would be any need for imposing strict law?

Since everything boils down to expenses i guess the actual childrearing counts to nothing. How many kids have you actually babysitted alone before? I mean for a full day.

I think it would be rather silly for anyone to claim that child support is a form of slavery when they have never taken care of a child for a day in their lives.
Re: 12 Years A Slave? Nah! More Like 18 Years! The Child Support/ Alimony Issue! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:18am On May 13, 2015
Moana:
undecided you still sleep with them knowing very well what could happen so whats the problem again? Cant u keep it in your pants until marriage? You want the sweet thing but u dont want the fruits it comes with? So who else should slave for your child? Amadioha? undecided i hate foolish, irresponsible men. If u dont like the consequences of sex abstain from it!
Gbam.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience Travelling With Overland Airways From Abuja To Ilorin / Bank Statement Issue / Please Where Can I Get Kaduna Bus Park In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.