Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,515 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive (40189 Views)

Nigerians Deported From UK, Arrive Lagos, To Complete Their Jail In Kirikiri / President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River / Japan To Invest $1bn In Lagos Monorail Project.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by koife(m): 10:39am On May 11, 2015
Tank God I made front page today
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:42am On May 11, 2015
Pavore9:
Looking cool. While T.A Orji of Abia state who has won the trophy of the least performing governor in Nigeria is more visible in the media with his empty barrel noise!

^^^God forgive me for the wicked intentions i have for that man if i could lay my hands on him! sad
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by Nobody: 10:43am On May 11, 2015
Kenai:
The Rivers Monorail has already arrived...

And it's about to take off...
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1570278_images-4_jpeg_jpeg2ce038dbd0b51d8e59b0a0d616a6e40b[/img]

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1570371_screenshot_2014-07-23-16-07-14_png29b18d0d659492af789f2e7a9401cc15[/img]

... To outer space.

Lmao. Tears! I'm literally crying. Yuzedo should see this
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by GoldStandard: 10:44am On May 11, 2015
Oh yes he did...
The project was 100% funded by Afican EXIM bank with GT bank assistance and the money was to be paid back in about 5years.

Leave CRS to us mate...we know our sleeping governor better.

Duke was the real deal.

anonimi:

Would you know if the former governor, Duke completed PAYMENT for the metro/ light rail before he left office

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by bigmo1(m): 10:47am On May 11, 2015
If the South-south had produced a president. Like Akpabio, Imoke or Ameachi, Nigeria would have been far better than it is presently. Jonathan was born clueless and daft.
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by anonimi: 10:49am On May 11, 2015
GoldStandard:
Oh yes he did...
The project was 100% funded by Afican EXIM bank with GT bank assistance and the money was to be paid back in about 5years.

Leave CRS to us mate...we know our sleeping governor better.

Duke was the real deal.

Thanks for the clarification.
I hope Duke would return to active politics and play a key role in the ongoing necessary reform of PDP to remain a viable force despite the party's defeat at the presidential election.

Our country needs a worthy opposition to continue deepening our teenage democracy.
Cheers!
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by situationroom: 10:50am On May 11, 2015
guardian09:

Smh. *Face in Palm*Do not bring to fore anymore of your childishness around any of my post, I never made that post to degrade anyone or entity. My post was in response to the question as regards the distance of the Monorail at the moment.If the Government want to scale it further it is a welcome development. Please for your own good go and learn some manners and ethics in holding discussions or arguments that are beyond your comprehension.I wonder who is the Somalia migrant now.

next when you are trying to present a factual argument... learn to say "in my own opinion" don't say things authoritatively......in as much as government words are not to be trusted either....
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by sani99: 10:54am On May 11, 2015
AMAECHI IS A LOUD MOUTH,HE WANTS TO CONDUCT LG ELECTION A WEEK TO HIS EXIT
erunz:
Now over to you Fashola and Amechi.
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by guardian09(m): 10:59am On May 11, 2015
situationroom:

next when you are trying to present a factual argument... learn to say "in my own opinion" don't say things authoritatively......in as much as government words are not to be trusted either....
Excuse me,how is the current distance of that project 'my opinion' ? Did I write the news articles that can be found on the internet or did I give the distance to Google Earth?
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by anonimi: 11:01am On May 11, 2015
bigmo1:
If the South-south had produced a president. Like Akpabio, Imoke or Ameachi, Nigeria would have been far better than it is presently. Jonathan was born clueless and daft.

Clueless and daft yet in five years:

- our economy grew so well and drew international attention & recognition.
- our corruption index improved as acknowledged by Transparency International.
- our roads that were abandoned for years/decades were reconstructed and new ones constructed.
- our food production increased to the envy of even Jonathan's political enemies.
- our manufacturing sector/ auto/textiles etc revived steadily.
- our railway services was revived and continued expanding with newer coaches and engines.
- our universities grew and almajiri schools were established

Perhaps you do not know the meaning of the two words you just used, or do you

Nigeria Records Improvement, Ranked 39th on Corruption Index
04 Dec 2014

More from: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigeria-records-improvement-ranked-39th-on-corruption-index/195767/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2077628_BNGI782FMSI1G20150108171624_jpge5bb24791334f05106b071c3170d959d

Lagos-Ibadan express road.

eazydon:
At my backyard in Aba. our own train over here is very real. 2 times in a day it vibrates the ground.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2079404_img20150113093139_jpeg8f36fa35ec568ebebe48dc9074e8a29d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2079405_img20150113093149_jpeg45b4b86e153dd40d6444417ccd494db4

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2079406_img20150113093253_jpegcc2a295343e86e1d334e86c6a037f084

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2079407_img20150113093347_jpeg7aa09c0ad00e0efe871c8884a2c64f87

What we had was a badly managed political process on the part of Jonathan/PDP that allowed plenty of LIES, DISTORTIONS and PROPAGANDA to eclipse the real performance of this outgoing federal administration.
No more no less!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by missionmex(m): 11:02am On May 11, 2015
P D P power grin
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by Reference(m): 11:07am On May 11, 2015
anonimi:

Thanks for the clarification.
I hope Duke would return to active politics and play a key role in the ongoing necessary reform of PDP to remain a viable force despite the party's defeat at the presidential election.

Our country needs a worthy opposition to continue deepening our teenage democracy.
Cheers!

I worked with him and I can tell you that was one fellow who could get things done. Before the likes of Fashola or Akpabio this guy had transformed Calabar before the end of his first term. Light, water, roads, sanitation, health, education. He had a post oil vision so invested heavily in agriculture and tourism. Sadly he could not get Federal support to ignite the Calabar Ports and make the EPZ there a hub of activities.

He was considered by OBJ (owner of Nigeria) for the Presidency but like Odili was considered too independently minded and dangerous. They settled for what they thought was a flaccid Jonathan. The rest is history. Now that the PDP is gutted I hope someone like him can make some sort of return for the sake of democracy in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by peteruuu(m): 11:08am On May 11, 2015
koife:

U no go kill me with laff, I swear!
grin grin grin
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by austinesteve(m): 11:19am On May 11, 2015
Aitee1:
Austinesteve wink come and see your people ooo

rush hour!! grin
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by anonimi: 11:20am On May 11, 2015
Reference:

I worked with him and I can tell you that was one fellow who could get things done. Before the likes of Fashola or Akpabio this guy had transformed Calabar before the end of his first term. Light, water, roads, sanitation, health, education. He had a post oil vision so invested heavily in agriculture and tourism. Sadly he could not get Federal support to ignite the Calabar Ports and make the EPZ there a hub of activities.

He was considered by OBJ (owner of Nigeria) for the Presidency but like Odili was considered too independently minded and dangerous. They settled for what they thought was a flaccid Jonathan. The rest is history. Now that the PDP is gutted I hope someone like him can make some sort of return for the sake of democracy in Nigeria.

Thanks again for sharing your insight.

OBJ is a real devil.
His own biological children have said as much about their father shocked
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by anonimi: 11:22am On May 11, 2015
bigmo1:

The quotes post below may be of interest to you =>

esere826:
Post 4

Femi: But we need change, and remember we’ve now learnt that our votes can bring about change.

Ebiere: Yes, we need change, but there is a crucial lesson here. Nigerian elites have learnt and reinforced that when you are a minority you can be bullied out of a position no matter how powerful that position is. Maybe it’s because of such lessons learnt from the past that facilitated the easy changing of the Igbo senate presidents by Obasanjo for ‘credible sounding’ reasons, whereas it was hard to push out the Speakers of the house from the core North.

Femi: Guy you are confusing me. Are you now saying that we should reward incompetency with our votes.
Ebiere: No way. Please forget my other rigmaroles. It was me being emotional and making us understand that in the process of killing a fly perched on our scrotum we swiped too hard and killed the fly as well as hurt our scrotum.

Ebiere: In essence, what I am saying is that our democracy is yet to have the deepening you earlier alluded to. Perhaps, when a core northerner has had his 2nd term bid truncated, only then would I agree and say yes, the Nigerian democracy is deepening real good, and devoid of religious and ethnic sentiments

Sometimes, ignorance could be bliss- DEADLY bliss!
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by Nobody: 11:30am On May 11, 2015
bigmo1:

And you were born without brain! Transplant won't help you as there's not space for it
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by bid4rich(m): 11:35am On May 11, 2015
Maser:
MEDIOCRITY at its worst. As someone who knows Calabar. The corridor where this train operates will not benefit the public at all and the distance is very short. Simply put, it is worthless for the common man in Calabar or Cross River.

I know some people will never see anything good about development simply because it has not pass through your village. Its a process. Its a pity!!
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by Mistermamus(m): 11:37am On May 11, 2015
calabar and akwa ibom covering Nigeria delta shame
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by batstan(m): 11:38am On May 11, 2015
Maser:
MEDIOCRITY at its worst. As someone who knows Calabar. The corridor where this train operates will not benefit the public at all and the distance is very short. Simply put, it is worthless for the common man in Calabar or Cross River.
Point blank.
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by Ahmeduana(m): 11:39am On May 11, 2015
tolugar:
Not until I see it moving.
FOR YOU TO SEE THAT COACH IT MEAN 99% OF THE PROJECT AS BEEN COMPLETED
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by Absoj(m): 11:43am On May 11, 2015
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by dejavski(m): 12:26pm On May 11, 2015
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by Kingsasian(m): 12:32pm On May 11, 2015
This is what they call a train but I hope it is a.c tight o?
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by xtervaganza(m): 12:58pm On May 11, 2015
koife:
see the calabar europe looking standard monorail unveiling ceremony

Pix description: Cross River State Governor, Senator Liyel Imoke inspecting one of the coaches of the Calabar monorail project at the Tinapa terminal, Calabar

http://crossriverwatch.com/2015/05/calabar-monorail-coaches-arrive/
hood. But why are u only showing the head of the tube?

1 Like

Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by ooshinibos: 1:17pm On May 11, 2015
this is what we want, deliver good service and eat as much as you like
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by koife(m): 1:29pm On May 11, 2015
I have lived in calabar, Lagos, abuja and partially PH and now in Kaduna....trust me I have seen a good part of Nigeria......Southern governors have eye for good things!
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by koife(m): 1:31pm On May 11, 2015
princdebola201:
D reason why I must visit Ekaette in calabar
No come ooo, she is taken! cheesy grin
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by koife(m): 1:37pm On May 11, 2015
I dare to say....if this contrapment seperates.....southern part will become mini Europe....this ppl down south like good things...their food, girl, serene environment...just name it!
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 11, 2015
tolugar:
Not until I see it moving.
...........Thomas
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by oluikotun: 3:06pm On May 11, 2015
Please tell Doyin Okupe of the success of Cross River state o. Cross River didn't buy locomotive as that of FG own.
Re: Calabar Monorail Coaches Arrive by xtremely9ja: 3:07pm On May 11, 2015
Lol grin grin grin grin grin.......Politicians are liers of the highest order......the distance the monorail will cover is approximately 400 meters from Tinapa to The International Conference Center which also is a gargantuan waste of money. A bridge of less than 50 meters over the artificial lake separating the two location or a 1.5 km road circumventing the Tinapa Resort lake would have been of enormous benefit, to the plan residential estate around WAEC which is near the International Conference Center. The bridge or link road would also have directed more traffic to Tinapa to resurrect business activities there from the international conference center end.
But I guess the 1.5Km road could not be used to defraud the state enough neither will the cost of a 50 meter bridge over the lake. I pity my country. cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Driver Sleeping Under A Lorry Crushed In Abakaliki (Graphic Photos) / NNPC Tanker’s Trailer Boy Seen Battling Fuel Leakage In Lagos (Video) / Young Female Barrister Killed In The Kogi Fatal Accident. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.