Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting (102161 Views)

Grand Total Federal Allocation To States From May 2015 To June 2016 / Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 / London Judge Adjourns Ibori’s Case To June 6, 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by xmich(m): 9:31am On May 11, 2015
Supreme Council of the Elders of In­digenous People of Biafra has re­ceived an invitation from the United Nations (UN) to attend one of its meetings in New York in June, the first invitation to such a meeting since the Biafran pressure group came into existence.

Deputy Chairman of the or­ganisation, Dr. Dozie Ikedife, disclosed this to Daily Sun in Nnewi at the weekend. He said a delegation of the pro- Biafrans would be leaving Nigeria for the June meeting as soon as the group raised lo­gistics for the trip.

Asked what request the group would make at the UN, he said: “We have no other request than the recognition of Biafra, recognition that we exist, recognition that we have the right to be given the oppor­tunity for self-determination, that the Indigenous People of Biafra have the right for self-determination, which Nigeria should allow to take place.”

He said in December 2014, the organisation sent a del­egation to Nairobi, Kenya at the invitation of the African Union (AU) to attend its Eco­nomic, Social and Cultural Council meeting.

Ikedife insisted that the group would continue to pur­sue its right for self-determi­nation without breaching any municipal or international law.

“The only setback, which can discourage us, is lack of money to finance the project. You know dissemination of information is not cheap. We have a radio station called Voice of Biafra. We also have difficulty in financing it be­cause we think the people we are fighting for will appreciate the effort, but they have not bought into the idea of sup­porting the movement,” he said.

He assured that the suit for self-determination filed by one of the arms of of the organisation, Billie Human Rights Initiative, against the Federal Government at the Federal High Court, Owerri, would soon continue now that judiciary workers had called off their strike.

www.sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=118921

68 Likes 15 Shares

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by nwafuluozoh: 9:33am On May 11, 2015
Add sauce to make this story sweeter.

Modified.
The end of Nigeria has come.
SE wants Biafra
SS wants Niger Delta.
SW wants anything their masters want. Maybe they will get Arewa-Oduduwa.

222 Likes 17 Shares

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by Nobody: 9:41am On May 11, 2015
k

1 Like

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by chernest2002: 9:42am On May 11, 2015
Biafra my dream home

100 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by stevoski059(m): 9:46am On May 11, 2015
biafra for real?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by gabe15(m): 9:47am On May 11, 2015
thank God at least we go hear word

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by Ifeconwaba(m): 9:48am On May 11, 2015
Yes good story all we want is a biafran nation

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by abduljabbar4(m): 9:49am On May 11, 2015
gabe15:
thank God at least we go hear word
Secococonded

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by Tallesty1(m): 9:53am On May 11, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Secococonded
I think your keypad has asthma.

128 Likes 8 Shares

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by cheruv: 9:56am On May 11, 2015
they should ensure that the 187 local governments that make up the Lower Niger Federation are given a seat in the UN,just like the Vatikan.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by nwafuluozoh: 10:04am On May 11, 2015
No more free Oil money so the Fulanis will resort to exporting suya made with Tinubu and co to Afghanistan.
grin grin grin grin grin

167 Likes 16 Shares

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by Nobody: 10:05am On May 11, 2015
Thank God of... at least we will b free frm d manacles of hypocrisy...

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by Nobody: 10:06am On May 11, 2015
Hahahahaha grin grin grin

Laughable

2 Likes

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by Nobody: 10:09am On May 11, 2015
If Nigeria divides it won't be rosy for south west, how do we finance exploitation and importation of crude when we can't pay civil servents. The best is to go on diplomacy with biafrans.
See how the lingering fuel scarcity is most prevalent in north and SW states which is invariably having a down time to the economy of
SW with no electricity.
If Nigeria divides the little industries we have here in SW will have no option than to leave.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by Inkman(m): 10:09am On May 11, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Secococonded
Thirded grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by xmich(m): 10:12am On May 11, 2015
Mods do the needful

1 Like

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by abduljabbar4(m): 10:13am On May 11, 2015
Tallesty1:
I think your keypad has asthma.
Nah its deliberate grin. But this is a very good news.
Congratulations to all Biafrans

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by superstar1(m): 10:13am On May 11, 2015
I thought they said they are richer than King Solomon!!!

How can lack of money be the setback for the realisation of their fraud of a nation called Biafra?

Let us see the UN's letter or it is a lie tongue

48 Likes

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by jimi4us: 10:16am On May 11, 2015
noo dis kind one dem no go wan carry am go front page. it concern Igbo's. ndi Ara.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by jimi4us: 10:18am On May 11, 2015
superstar1:
I thought they said they are rich!!!

How can lack of money be the setback for the realisation of their fraud of a nation called Biafra?

Let us see the UN's letter or it is a lie tongue
is there any difference between you people and the Zulu people? #dirtypeople amalabrain

119 Likes 12 Shares

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by AmucheJane(f): 10:23am On May 11, 2015
Good news. Can't wait for this country to be divided. Proudly a Biafran.

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by ki02020(m): 10:30am On May 11, 2015
God please give this people(biafrans) their heart desire cuz i want to see if they are better of as a seperate nation than remain a region in nigeria

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by Nobody: 10:32am On May 11, 2015
zoological republc of Nigeria.
Inhabitants:Monkeys and Baboons.
Comment:where nothing works.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by abduljabbar4(m): 10:35am On May 11, 2015
nwafuluozoh:
No more free Oil money so the Fulanis will resort to exporting suya made with Tinubu and co to Afghanistan.
grin grin grin grin grin

You think there are no resources in the north and southwest? Hehehehe. Anyway, I blame the govt for not focusing on them.
Besides oil belongs to the SS but you can go together. Bye bye. Enjoy your biafra gringrin

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by Built2last: 10:37am On May 11, 2015
I have read many hate speeches about the Igbos and Igbos have also not been fair to the Yorubas.

the hatred grows daily on Nairaland.

the way forward if you ask me is to free the Igbos to go their way. the inevitability of this seperation is as sure as Night and day.

They have never wanted to be part of Nigeria. Ask few Igbos arround you if they will be happy to have Biafra and see the smile on their face.

The vibes we get from them is that without Igbos and their commerce, there will be no Nigeria.

can we prove them wrong by freeing them

I see them proposing a referendum in that UN meeting and they will get it.

I see trouble ahead and my fears is that this is not 1970.

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by truefact: 10:38am On May 11, 2015
Some people will die ooo grin grin

But I would expect all those hater to even push and support the actualization of biafra so they can be free from hate and jealous

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by ERCROSS(m): 10:41am On May 11, 2015
U guys shld just delete urself off Nigeria o jare..
Make una allow us hear word...

Lest I forget... U guys shld design a more beautiful flag, bcoz this ur flag no follow enta market at all... cheesy

Eventhough.. It will be easier said than done

25 Likes

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by Trailblazer1(m): 10:42am On May 11, 2015
The labours of our heroes past shall never be in vain.

My Biafra,

The land of my birth,
The land of my dreams,
The land of the rising sun,
The land of endless possibilities,
The land of the brave and courageous,
The land of people who fear neither gods nor men,

Arise o Biafra!
Arise o giant
Arise and take your place among the comity of nations.
Arise above hatred and intimidation,
Arise as a lion and let terror fill all those that surround you.

You have always been a TrailBlazer

115 Likes 13 Shares

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by Holywizard: 10:42am On May 11, 2015
God bless Igbo land!!!
'LIKES' for Igbo & 'SHARE' for our fallen heroes

255 Likes 113 Shares

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by Nobody: 10:44am On May 11, 2015
Holywizard:
God bless Igbo land!!!

'LIKES' for Igbo & 'SHARE' for our fallen heroes
for Biafrans and their fallen heros

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by Inkman(m): 10:45am On May 11, 2015
abduljabbar4:

You think there are no resources in the north and southwest? Hehehehe. Anyway, I blame the govt for not focusing on them.
Besides oil belongs to the SS but you can go together. Bye bye. Enjoy your biafra gringrin

Yes oo.. Some people never seem to learn from other people's experience in similar situations..

Look at the world youngest country, South Sudan for instance, they've been at war with themselves since they seceded..

But sudan has been growing from strength to strength

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting by Nobody: 10:52am On May 11, 2015
This is serious? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates / Nnamdi Kanu Eating With Femi Fani-Kayode And His Family In Abuja (Photo) / APC Matters In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.