Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,584 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You (12232 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / EFF Accuse Zuma Of Witchcraft After Two Mermaids Where Found In Nkandla’s “fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by holyghost(m): 8:23pm On Oct 14, 2005
What will you do if your mum is practising witchcraft on you? Life as we know in africa is always in the face of witchcraft. Now that your mum is the culprit what will you do since she can not be cured of this act?
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by layi(m): 8:47pm On Oct 14, 2005
She can be cured cos she wasnt born wit it.

Anyway I'll unleash prayers on her, report her to my Dad , pastor and leave the vicinity entirely.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by hotangel2(f): 11:17pm On Oct 14, 2005
get away from her, take her to a church and pray for her.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by WesleyanA(f): 1:04am On Oct 15, 2005
your mom's not practicing witchcraft on you. don't listen to those people that don't want you to get along with her.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by salako: 1:38am On Oct 15, 2005
If true you have two options: Destroy her or pray for her.
Perhaps you should be more concerned as to why you call yourself holyghost undecided
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 5:00pm On Oct 15, 2005
I dont think the guy is talking abt himself. He's just raising a topic for contributions. cool
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by holyghost(m): 6:54pm On Oct 15, 2005
Yes Goodguy, i have no such problem but i know people do have these problem in this our african setting

and again we also know it is not curable, some People use high spell or religious means or others run away which most atimes has no end nor solve the problem at hand, other may go physical to beat or kill etc.  just to ensure termination to it, so what is your take on it
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 7:09pm On Oct 15, 2005
well, i think prayer is da best thing...
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Scorpio(f): 7:10pm On Oct 15, 2005
Prayer as goodguy said is recommended, but heaven helps those who helps themselves. stay away from her; as in she is not to know anything about you, your family, wtv it is.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 7:33pm On Oct 15, 2005
okay cool
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Seun(m): 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2005
What exactly will cause you to jump to the conclusion that your mum is using witchcraft on you? And why is it your mom that is percieved as a witch, why don't you consider the possibility that your dad is a wizard and he has nothing better to do with his supernatural powers than to persecute his own son, after toiling for decades to raise him up?

I think the idea that your mom would be practising withcraft on you is ridiculous. if she wanted to kill you, she would have done it a long time ago, when you were in her womb or as a baby. Come on! Women take a lot of nonsense from men!
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by holyghost(m): 9:53pm On Oct 15, 2005
seun abeg it's not me. this thing happen in our society (Africa) mind you there are GOOD mothers(those that want to die and let their child to live) And BAD mother ( those who do abortion or born throw away or bewitch their child) so apply the contest right.

in fact why i raised this topic is to see the best way to handle this issue in our society to bring about safety to both mother and the child( cos it exist) and denial will not solve it. rather saying it out and find the best solution practice to it is the best approach
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by holyghost(m): 10:05pm On Oct 15, 2005
again there are fathers, sisters uncles, stepmothers brothers even friends who bewitch but I cosed mothers because of their position to all of us we all have mothers but some of us have know fathers (after all ashawos do have baby)

mothers again was the right choice cos we all have the strongest trust on them
imagine how Julius Cesar felt when betrayed by close friend Brutus and Jesus by Judea's, Abacha by Diya these are mere friends of may be 30years of friendship compared to mother (life giver by nature)
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 10:23pm On Oct 15, 2005
exactly. cool
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by WesleyanA(f): 3:59am On Oct 16, 2005
parents don't practice witchcraft on their kids.
you only see it in movies and hear stories in some "holyghost" churches. smiley
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by holyghost(m): 5:14am On Oct 16, 2005
this happen in our society so just say the wayout not to deny it occurrence.

some who do not have the power to bewitch pick and love one over the other like Jacob's mother;Sarah she now place the fall of her first son Esau.

and i heard that a good witch-mother will hide her son and lay in his place if it is her time to contribute her own share of blood and meat to the suprise of her other cult members the morning after, in fact i heard that it hapend that her mates started cursing her that she per took in eating their children's fresh blood and meat only to exchange her share with her old and dry meat.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by WesleyanA(f): 6:07am On Oct 16, 2005
holyghost:

and i heard that a good witch-mother will hide her son and lay in his place if it is her time to contribute her own share of blood and meat to the suprise of her other cult members the morning after, in fact i heard that it hapend that her mates started cursing her that she per took in eating their children's fresh blood and meat only to exchange her share with her old and dry meat.

see what i mean? cheesy.. . . . .you can't believe everything you hear.

i bet you've been having nightmares about these flesh eating and blood drinking moms/vampires you hear about.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 3:33pm On Oct 16, 2005
holyghost is right. These things truely happen.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by layi(m): 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2005
@holyghost.
Its possible to cure it. Otherwise we wont have a word like exorcism in the dico.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Scorpio(f): 9:30pm On Oct 16, 2005
i don't believe those things, the spirits just move from one person to another.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Seun(m): 12:20pm On Oct 17, 2005
You know what I think? There are some people who enjoy starting and spreading[b] rumors[/b] about "true life supernatural encounters". And it is because of the activities of those people that all of us are so sure that witches are real. Haven't you had a classmate that was an exert storyteller, who would gather his friends round and tell them amazing stories that are all fabricated?

When I was in JSS2, one of my classmates told a story about how his brother dodged an armed robber's bullet when he called out "brother, there is a bullet coming at you!" And I actually believed him! That is the same way rumors about the supernatural activities of witches and wizards are disseminated.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 7:30pm On Oct 17, 2005
@Seun, But what about those we see on TV and in churches and even those we read in books confessing their sins and the number of people they have killed?

Can they lie against themselves? rolleyes
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by holyghost(m): 6:27pm On Oct 19, 2005
Denial is the act of blindly rejecting the importance or value of something with the intent of alleviating the instinctual desire for it; or, the act of disregarding seemingly factual information with the intent to avoid dealing with the ramifications of accepting that information.

so make sure u don't deny what we all know to be true just because we don't want to deal with it
of late ritual killer have been working our street and people now believe that they are real un like before

if u believe in good as in church u must believe in bad as in witchcraft, cos everything force has equal and opposite reactional component
so answer the question
goodguy:

But what about those we see on TV and in churches and even those we read in books confessing their sins and the number of people they have killed?

Can they lie against themselves? rolleyes
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 19, 2005
i don't believe in those bullsh*ts like witchcraft and such...we africans are to supersticious that we come to convince ourselves about those things! people who don't believe in witchcraft can't be hurt be it!
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 8:49pm On Oct 19, 2005
Believe it or not, they exist. This is not about Africa. There are witches and wizards in the western world too. They are not just so pronounced as they are in Africa.

Witchcraft exists!!! The Bible even confirmed it. smiley
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 19, 2005
well i remain of my opinion that it doesn't exist and if it does it can be defeated! i also think that if african stops giving so much credibility to it it will surely go down like in other countries.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by nferyn(m): 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2005
goodguy:

Believe it or not, they exist. This is not about Africa. There are witches and wizards in the western world too. They are not just so pronounced as they are in Africa.

Witchcraft exists!!! The Bible even confirmed it. smiley

Let me answer with one word: BULLSHIT

I hereby give a bounty of one hundered Euro out of my own personal reserve (meagre as it may be) to the first person that can prove [/b]to me that witchcraft exists.

Terms of the challenge:
[list]
[li]Give a clear definition of witchcraft that includes the supernatural (using poison or herbs does not count)[/li]
[li]The supernatural act cannot possibly be attributed to chance[/li]
[li]Confessions do not count (who knows under what circumstances they came about)[/li]
[/list]

If you think 100 Euro is not enough for your liking, just take up the challenge here:
http://skepdic.com/randi.html
You can pick up a bounty of 1 million US dollars. Surely, that must be easy. [b]<SARCASM>[/b]Currently not one individual out of the 6,5 billion people inhabiting this earth has been able to claim the prize. I'm sure you will be able to do so[b]</SARCASM>
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 11:29pm On Oct 19, 2005
Believe it or not man, they exist. wink

The problem with so many whites is that they are too "scientific". So many of them tend not to believe in spiritual stuffs. Since that's the case here, I guess we'll all just have to go with our beliefs.
But then note this, a child never believes fire hurts until he touches it.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by nferyn(m): 11:47pm On Oct 19, 2005
goodguy:

Believe it or not man, they exist. wink

The problem with so many whites is that they are too "scientific". So many of them tend not to believe in spiritual stuffs. Since that's the case here, I guess we'll all just have to go with our beliefs.
But then note this, a child never believes fire hurts until he touches it.

What's so spiritual about witchcraft? I do believe that there's more than what we currently can observe and that there are a lot of things we cannot explain yet, but I have no heart for the supernatural.

I know too much about the persecution of the so-called-whitches in Middle Age Europe to be impressed by any claims of withcraft. Superstition mixed with ignorance, mixed with vengeful quarellers with scores to settle, that's al there is to this so-called withcraft

And I'm dead serious about my challenge. You surely would be interested in 100 euro, not? I do promise in front of this whole community that you will recieve it, if you can meet my challenge. I could transfer the money to your bank account or send a Western Union transfer, any one you prefer (I would deduct the charges though).

Most whites I know just don't have the brains to be scientific. This is not a black or white thing.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 11:51pm On Oct 19, 2005
Click here to read what the Bible says about witchcraft and its practises.

Note: For the Bible to talk about it, then it exists.

Also see Christian views on witchcraft
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Seun(m): 11:56pm On Oct 19, 2005
It is possible that those who confess to have been witches or wizards in the past are:
- Deluded (psychological imbalance causing them to believe that they are what they are not!)
- Trying to make money (by writing and selling boks about their experiences)
- Under some form of hypnosis (hypnosis has been demonstrated to work on TV shows)
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by nferyn(m): 12:06am On Oct 20, 2005
goodguy:

Click here to read what the Bible says about witchcraft and its practises.
Thx,
Now I know what the Bible says about withcraft, but that doesnt't give these claims any more credibility.

goodguy:

Note: For the Bible to talk about it, then it exists.
That's a giant leap of faith. Does this have the same credibility as Noah's ark and the great flood?

I only ask for proof of one case of witchcraft, no need for anything more

goodguy:

Also see Christian views on witchcraft
The link with Christian views on witchcraft is interesting. Wicca actually seems like an interesting religion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters / Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise / Apostle Paul's Brutal Message To Galatian Christians On The Gospel Of Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.