Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA (128591 Views)

Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK / Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by gunwexy: 12:13pm On May 17, 2018
Hello, please I need some info about securing job in S A. I have my ND and HND evaluated by SAQA,also have B.Tech in Mech Eng. from UNISA. but have not secure job in Nigeria since i lost one. I will really appreciate a good response or advice.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by prodam(m): 8:28am On May 24, 2018
Hello guys, I was away for a while due to some massive projects and of course adding to my years of relevant experience.

I am still exploring options outside Nigeria. Any credible one or agency who can help with SA critical skills migration.

Kindly signify or PM.

Thanks.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Barryton: 11:59am On Jun 12, 2018
buy perfect money and bitcoin in southafrica
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by cydophobia(m): 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
Thanks for the insight.
What kind of documents are you referring to if one is applying for permit and like how much is the cost of applying.

ucheokpara100:
i will comfortably recommend pretoria for you. if you are sure you can speak afrikaan that's another advantage for you cos alot of times they always want people who can speak afrikaans for job.
about beauty and fashion industry that's the main job foreigners do here havn't you heard that all of us has turn to beauty and fashion designers? serious they need you here, people who cant do it are already making money from it here.
about rent, one bedroom flat here is N48,000 per month but what people do here is you will take 3 bedroom flat for N72,000 per month then give 2 rooms out at N32,000 each which is N64,000 per month so will only be paying N8,000 per month for the other room and u will also use the parlour.
you wont renew visa here, you will only submit your documents immediately you enter this country within the first 30days once u 've submitted ur documents you are free, they will give you a receipt showing that u 've submitted your documents you will use that receipt till your permit is out, matter how long the permit take to come out that's no longer your problm all you need to do is to keep going their for new stamp when the stamp they gave you is about to expire.
you will certainly live a comfortable life here as far as you are working and you said you are into beauty industry it's cool, the least job here is N50,000 with what you explained now you are above that. the worst are people who cant do anything.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by pat077: 10:40am On Jul 17, 2018
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Aikk: 11:43am On Aug 10, 2018
I got an invite on Monday for an assessment slated for Thursday at one of their branches.I took the test yesterday.I thought it was going to be SHL CBT test but it was SHL booklet with an answer sheet to shade the correct answers.20 mins Verbally,32 questions and 18 mins numerically 20 questions.Omo the numerical was very sweet.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by bran1: 12:29pm On Aug 10, 2018
I want to travel to south Africa just to build my travel history. I will likely stay for a week and come back. I intend going to johanesbourg. What do you suggest concerning the destination, hotel and places to visit during that period.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Jamestown123: 1:36am On Sep 01, 2018
Bros what kind of business would u advice me to start with 1m naira in SA?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by drered(m): 3:29pm On Sep 01, 2018
ayobamie0011:
House... Don't let anybody deceive you, life in SA is expensive and hard, nobody dey boro person money. I lived in wonderpark estate in Pretoria for 1yr+, and spent almost 1m naira on accommodation . to get job is hard, to get permit is extra hard. Even with d permit to get job is hard only petty biz. Your friends are only interested in your BTA, once you gets there, they fire your BTA for u, they start borrowing and taking you to places to lavish your money. Please just arrange better money and go to Europe or Asia country if u wanna travel. SA is out of it. Life in Jo'burg sucks. The only free tinx or cheap tinx u get in SA is P***y... Cool weather tho. But I won't advise anybody to go there... Waste of time and money if you looking for better place to hustle ... But if you into online tinx, u are good to go. Or if u enter with 1yr visa, u can link urself with guys and start pickup tinx but SA na error

Hi. I'll be in Durban for about 2 months. Heard Nigerians have a bad reputation there. What are the do's and don't and any pointers as to living there?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by enemyofprogress: 9:33pm On Sep 01, 2018
smvinreal:
Hmmmm
see as you dey moan because of south Africa, if na America or Canada that means sey you go begin speak in tongues be dat
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by samtol4(m): 10:27pm On Sep 01, 2018
drered:

Hi. I'll be in Durban for about 2 months. Heard Nigerians have a bad reputation there. What are the do's and don't and any pointers as to living there?
welcome to Durban . are u on visit or study
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Hairybelly01: 11:33pm On Sep 01, 2018
I'll be going to Randburg in south Africa for a short visit..where is a good night club to hang out there?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by drered(m): 12:40am On Sep 02, 2018
samtol4:
welcome to Durban . are u on visit or study

Work actually..

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by izzyward: 11:14am On Sep 03, 2018
Is South Africa that bad...? I visited joburg and Pretoria in May was not robbed to assist of any kind and I met with a Nigerian academic Dr with his wife also a Dr of law and all they told me is if you want to live here live right....they advised me on several postgraduate grants available to Nigerians....they both got their doctorates in RSA.....why do we like talking trash about others...? If you are going there for drugs or internet fraud then God will make sure they catch you But for those who want to work and add value to humanity God will strengthen you....If you are coming to S.A...come with the right intentions.....and stop bad mouthing another man's land

10 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 03, 2018
izzyward:
Is South Africa that bad...? I visited joburg and Pretoria in May was not robbed to assist of any kind and I met with a Nigerian academic Dr with his wife also a Dr of law and all they told me is if you want to live here live right....they advised me on several postgraduate grants available to Nigerians....they both got their doctorates in RSA.....why do we like talking trash about others...? If you are going there for drugs or internet fraud then God will make sure they catch you But for those who want to work and add value to humanity God will strengthen you....If you are coming to S.A...come with the right intentions.....and stop bad mouthing another man's land

Thanks for this.. but please what type of visa are u on? and if I wanna visit a friend who will provide all necessary docs for the invitation, what docs will I present at the embassy? I meant my own personal docs? He will be the one to accommodate and feed me though
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by S88E: 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2018
Redman36:
do they employ professional welders
please I am interested in a course program in south Africa what are the requirement and fees for any course especially in education.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by S88E: 12:37pm On Oct 14, 2018
ucheokpara100:
i will comfortably recommend pretoria for you. if you are sure you can speak afrikaan that's another advantage for you cos alot of times they always want people who can speak afrikaans for job.
about beauty and fashion industry that's the main job foreigners do here havn't you heard that all of us has turn to beauty and fashion designers? serious they need you here, people who cant do it are already making money from it here.
about rent, one bedroom flat here is N48,000 per month but what people do here is you will take 3 bedroom flat for N72,000 per month then give 2 rooms out at N32,000 each which is N64,000 per month so will only be paying N8,000 per month for the other room and u will also use the parlour.
you wont renew visa here, you will only submit your documents immediately you enter this country within the first 30days once u 've submitted ur documents you are free, they will give you a receipt showing that u 've submitted your documents you will use that receipt till your permit is out, matter how long the permit take to come out that's no longer your problm all you need to do is to keep going their for new stamp when the stamp they gave you is about to expire.
you will certainly live a comfortable life here as far as you are working and you said you are into beauty industry it's cool, the least job here is N50,000 with what you explained now you are above that. the worst are people who cant do anything.
please sir I am interested in a educational program in any sa university, what are the requirement for a short course or a pgce and school fees please
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Ugosample(m): 2:43pm On Oct 14, 2018
I did not know this thread is still running
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Ugosample(m): 3:20pm On Oct 14, 2018
ucheokpara100:
if you want to enjoy staying in south africa come with money buy business you will make it more than people at home, dont hope on your certificate that's number one problem, you will use your certificate later but now that early

true that
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by kalunomics(m): 12:12am On Nov 10, 2018
Hey guys. I will be coming to South Africa(Durban) tomorrow, and will be staying for just a week. I just want to know if its better to change my expense budget from USD to Rands or come with USD from Nigeria?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 4:34am On Sep 20, 2019
Bsombody:
Reading through some of your comments, I am feeling a mixture of laughter and pity. South africa is a NO NO NO for Nigerians. stop allowing this prince guy deceive you all. they hate nigerians with passion. South africans, weather black, colored or white, hate nigerians. This is a fact. with your qualification, none will give you a job, (except some peepee job) forget it. Everywhere you go, the moment they identify you are as a nigerian, they will change their parade for you..lol. This is the reason why most nigerians over here mix only with fellow nigerians. Dont move to south africa . To even rent accomodation is a big wahala. Nigerians have so much dent the image of our country that there is nothing you will tell them to wipeout that stigma.

Most nigerians in cape town, jburg, pretoria, are either into Internet fraud, drugs, owners of shops(small businesses) or students. They can be a little bit nicer to students. Nigerians, please do not go to south africa oh. The country is beautiful with nice infrastructure, but opposite is the mind of the people. My first impression of cape town was, a developed city with under-developed occupants. The people are broken, bitter, poor and divided. The whites are richer and more exposed but also will never deal with a nigerian.

We seriously need to re-brand our image as a people. They love Ghanaians and perceive ghana to be rich. This is because they hardly see Ghanaians around. Out of all the many african migrants in the country, the most hated are Nigerians.

Girls will always love d**k and cash, that doesn't mean they love you. Most Nigerians over here are married to to their women, so is hard for them to leave. How can you be happy and fulfilled in a country where you know you are immensely hated.

The country is far more beautiful than it occupants. Develop city with underdevelop occupants. Is like carrying everyone in ajegunle to lekki without brushing them up..lol

The south African blacks need recolonization, including their illiterate president. Dont you see how the government officials play around the xenophobic attacks? The country is where it is today because of the white race, not those local blacks.

And the Nigerians here, are just like them. Another breed of nigerians I have never seen. All they care about is money. I wonder if some of them sometimes realize this is not their country.

Please if you must move abroad, go to a well developed country (I mean a country with people of well schooled mindset). One major thing I noticed, majority of south africans are poor and uneducated. They have better opportunities, but they dont know how to use it. The black government are also myopic minded and lame.

Millions of black south africans still lives in slums. I visited one of their township, and honestly i ve never seen a place like that in Nigeria. There is heavy poverty and unemployment in the country. The people should rather direct their anger towards their retarded government, than towards other black migrant.

Once a slave, will always be a slave. Even if u break the physical chain, what about the bondage of the mind. The white still Rules.

Some of you wont listen. Go, if you embrace it, then you are one of those few Nigerians without a serious vision for their lives.

And you that want to go their with a tourist visa and stay, I pity you.
and your words came to pass in 2019!!!!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 02, 2020
Good evenin house. pls my fiance have been living in South Africa for 5yrs now, recently he started complaining about how light goes off and how it affects his network. Sometimes we don’t get to communicate for days because according to him they uses light for everything including calls, pls should I be worried?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 3:54pm On Feb 03, 2020
Strongmercy123:
Good evenin house. pls my fiance have been living in South Africa for 5yrs now, recently he started complaining about how light goes off and how it affects his network. Sometimes we don’t get to communicate for days because according to him they uses light for everything including calls, pls should I be worried?

You should be worried. Light has nothing to do with contacting you in Nigeria. You better tell your fiancé to stop playing games with you and be serious otherwise let you know what's up.

The truth might hurt you but it will set you free at the same time.

4 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by JohnnyBling(m): 9:33am On Feb 06, 2020
Strongmercy123:

You mean your client?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by abaeli: 3:33pm On Feb 06, 2020
Maybe his broke can't afford to be contacting you as before, though light goes off for now but just for 2 hours. Even if you are worried what do you think you can do? Just ask your person to know your faith or next step, but sure
he will keep you hanging cos he already lied about light going off, the rest is up to you to listen to your heart
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Oluwapemzy: 3:24pm On Dec 06, 2020
ucheokpara100:
this thread will be question and answer thread, i will alwys make time to reply questions mind you iam not too good in english.
iam not here to connect people abroad or do visa for any one because iam not in position to do that.
iam not here to ask for money or any assistance.
iam here to answer and tell my people/nairalanders any thing they want to know, from the life our people are living in the street of south africa to the top, to the secret no one will tell u about south africa to the hustling and how everything look here to different between here and nigeria to the reason why u havn't seen many of your brothers who are here for years.
all depend on what u want to hear just ask anything. this thread is like asking a nairalander or a brother how things are here before you decide to come here.
i will only answer questions i wont tell any one anything on my own.
thread OPEN!
@ucheokpara100 can you please contact me through smithjames2080@gmail.com ,I wish to study in Pretoria University and I need your help on how to go about it to Know how much it will cost me on studying and accommodation and other things..pls I will be waiting for your mail message
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by FunmilAnu: 3:15pm On Sep 07, 2022
This post is 5years old and it is still true. It is even worse. if I had seen this post i wouldn't have choosen SA for my MSc.
Bsombody:
Reading through some of your comments, I am feeling a mixture of laughter and pity. South africa is a NO NO NO for Nigerians. stop allowing this prince guy deceive you all. they hate nigerians with passion. South africans, weather black, colored or white, hate nigerians. This is a fact. with your qualification, none will give you a job, (except some peepee job) forget it. Everywhere you go, the moment they identify you are as a nigerian, they will change their parade for you..lol. This is the reason why most nigerians over here mix only with fellow nigerians. Dont move to south africa . To even rent accomodation is a big wahala. Nigerians have so much dent the image of our country that there is nothing you will tell them to wipeout that stigma.

Most nigerians in cape town, jburg, pretoria, are either into Internet fraud, drugs, owners of shops(small businesses) or students. They can be a little bit nicer to students. Nigerians, please do not go to south africa oh. The country is beautiful with nice infrastructure, but opposite is the mind of the people. My first impression of cape town was, a developed city with under-developed occupants. The people are broken, bitter, poor and divided. The whites are richer and more exposed but also will never deal with a nigerian.

We seriously need to re-brand our image as a people. They love Ghanaians and perceive ghana to be rich. This is because they hardly see Ghanaians around. Out of all the many african migrants in the country, the most hated are Nigerians.

Girls will always love d**k and cash, that doesn't mean they love you. Most Nigerians over here are married to to their women, so is hard for them to leave. How can you be happy and fulfilled in a country where you know you are immensely hated.

The country is far more beautiful than it occupants. Develop city with underdevelop occupants. Is like carrying everyone in ajegunle to lekki without brushing them up..lol

The south African blacks need recolonization, including their illiterate president. Dont you see how the government officials play around the xenophobic attacks? The country is where it is today because of the white race, not those local blacks.

And the Nigerians here, are just like them. Another breed of nigerians I have never seen. All they care about is money. I wonder if some of them sometimes realize this is not their country.

Please if you must move abroad, go to a well developed country (I mean a country with people of well schooled mindset). One major thing I noticed, majority of south africans are poor and uneducated. They have better opportunities, but they dont know how to use it. The black government are also myopic minded and lame.

Millions of black south africans still lives in slums. I visited one of their township, and honestly i ve never seen a place like that in Nigeria. There is heavy poverty and unemployment in the country. The people should rather direct their anger towards their retarded government, than towards other black migrant.

Once a slave, will always be a slave. Even if u break the physical chain, what about the bondage of the mind. The white still Rules.

Some of you wont listen. Go, if you embrace it, then you are one of those few Nigerians without a serious vision for their lives.

And you that want to go their with a tourist visa and stay, I pity you.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by samtol4(m): 11:33pm On Sep 07, 2022
FunmilAnu:
This post is 5years old and it is still true. It is even worse. if I had seen this post i wouldn't have choosen SA for my MSc.
How your programme going ?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by FunmilAnu: 6:41am On Sep 08, 2022
Fine i can't wait to leave.Most Naija for here after they submit ir graduate they go back go Naija.Except they have post doc or want to do PhD. But for i want commot abeg. I go find PhD for another side.Na everyday person go dey fear dudula.
samtol4:
How your programme going ?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Nwaotu10(m): 4:05pm On Sep 08, 2022
MEHNNN! IGBOS BOYS AND HUSTLE.
NIGGAS GOING TO PLACES THEY DIDN'T KNOW ANYONE AND STILL CONQUER.
IN MY NEXT LIFE, I WILL BE AN IGBO MAN FROM REPUBLIC OF BIAFRA. grin grin grin
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Glocal1: 1:16pm On Sep 10, 2022
FunmilAnu:
Fine i can't wait to leave.Most Naija for here after they submit ir graduate they go back go Naija.Except they have post doc or want to do PhD. But for i want commot abeg. I go find PhD for another side.Na everyday person go dey fear dudula.
Please is MS in S Africa better than Nigeria in the area of research, do they offer students scholarship? I feel studying there should be a leverage to moving to Europe or N America since they are more developed than Nigeria.

Do they give scholarship for PhD studies?

What is dudula?

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.