Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA (128506 Views)

Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK / Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 1:26pm On May 12, 2015
penquin:
Op the area called Bedford view what can you say about this place. Thank you
Bedford View is an affluent suburb north of Joburg. Lot's of malls. Business etc
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 12, 2015
gboly3190:
How much would it cost for someone who has a diploma in Nursing to do degree in SA, and how many years would it take. Are their jobs for nurses.

These are questions meant for goggle.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by holysina(m): 1:57pm On May 12, 2015
ucheokpara100:
i was not affected i watched it online just like people outside south africa did, let me explain, xenophobia happened only in durban and johanessburg simply just like kaduna and kano, those people are called the ZULU's just like hausas known for xenophobia just like hausa is knwn for boko haram, so if u close ur ear and take ur business to hausa and boko haram attack you who are u going to blame? i hope u undastnd. light dont go off from january to december here, they have nigerian food here also, a plate is N530

guy were u dey buy ur own food self. I stay at green stone joburg and I buy egwusi nd amala for R100. direct me abeg de cheapest i get here na R75
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by REMMEI(m): 2:17pm On May 12, 2015
So far so fair. . . I'm following this thread like shadow..thanks for opening it.. UCHEOKPARA100 & PAINGAIN bawz..i see you..i dey come SA come shot a musical video soon..smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 2:24pm On May 12, 2015
holysina:

guy were u dey buy ur own food self. I stay at green stone joburg and I buy egwusi nd amala for R100. direct me abeg de cheapest i get here na R75
my buy food here R30 sunnyside pretoria restaurants. R100 is for rich people here not people like me maybe u are very rich na.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 2:26pm On May 12, 2015
REMMEI:
So far so fair. . . I'm follow this thread like shadow..thanks for opening it.. UCHEOKPARA100 & PAINGAIN bawz..i see you..i dey come SA come shot a musical video soon..smiley
we will expect u man we are all here.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by PAINGAIN: 2:28pm On May 12, 2015
gboly3190:

Thanks, can I do the application from Nigeria or I av to travel to SA
u can. Or u can come here. But d evaluation of ur certificate must b done from here cus they have to evaluate with ur originals. Coming here will b easier.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by PAINGAIN: 3:02pm On May 12, 2015
REMMEI:
So far so fair. . . I'm follow this thread like shadow..thanks for opening it.. UCHEOKPARA100 & PAINGAIN bawz..i see you..i dey come SA come shot a musical video soon..smiley
lol. No shaking but make ur own no b like Airforce1's never ready album.

3 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by PAINGAIN: 3:14pm On May 12, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
ha ha ha, bru I'm South African born and bred, we can't argue about my country I know it like I know the back of my hand you can't teach me anything, The presence of bulidings alone does not make an area developed, yes the infrastructure is there but it's crumbling, Hillbrow over the years has degenerated into a slum, it is a shadow of what it once was, derelict buildings, open sewers, litter everywhere etc, there are slums in New York, Paris and London, Hillbrow is one slum of Johannesburg .To say no Nigerian in SA live in slums is laughable
dude If u read my first comment u would see where I wrote that hillbrow is not as clean as it should be. Have u seen brazilian slums, haiti slums? Those r slums. Just bcus hillbrow has a unclean streets does not make it a slum. I repeat again, if u call hillbrow a slum what do u call alexandra? If u've actually been to a slum u will realise that hillbrow is paradise.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by olawalefelix: 3:18pm On May 12, 2015
if i get my way today i tnk am gonna get out of dis tomoro.but no one knows wat tomorrow hold for us i think wit time and u working nt being lazy tins gonna b fair if nt better.wat some people are doing here as work did not worth written about but i bliv wit time and prayer GOD will show u the way.but some nigerians have gt a strong head here,ther are now nuisiance on the street 7 or 8 years and nothing to account for and still yet they dnt wanna go bak home
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by holysina(m): 3:27pm On May 12, 2015
ucheokpara100:
my buy food here R30 sunnyside pretoria restaurants. R100 is for rich people here not people like me maybe u are very rich na.

sharp. thought it was cheap here never knew Pretoria is cheaper. anyway tanx, wen ever I visit pretoria will have to visit that your side and taste their 9ja stuff.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by gboly3190(m): 3:53pm On May 12, 2015
PAINGAIN:
u can. Or u can come here. But d evaluation of ur certificate must b done from here cus they have to evaluate with ur originals. Coming here will b easier.
Thanks bro, am grateful
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by rightflank: 4:03pm On May 12, 2015
ucheokpara100:
i have a female nurse friend she's earning N192,000 which is N12,000 here. in a big hospital i dnt know of small hospitals.
Now, that is 12,000 Rands, right? And is it a weekly or monthly pay?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 4:03pm On May 12, 2015
holysina:

sharp. thought it was cheap here never knew Pretoria is cheaper. anyway tanx, wen ever I visit pretoria will have to visit that your side and taste their 9ja stuff.

lol coool man.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 4:06pm On May 12, 2015
rightflank:

Now, is that 12,000 Rands, right? And is it a weekly or monthly pay?
iam not saying thatz the highest paid hospital here iam just saying my friend's pay that iam sure of is monthly.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by wolex3030: 4:07pm On May 12, 2015
[quote author=holysina post=33665791]

but jorburg use to be cheaper to Pretoria in terms of Nigeria food.I remember a plate of Eba,semo or amala use to be 30rand in exchanges restaurant in Sunnyside Pretoria & in jorburg is 25rand.beside Pretoria is more expensive than Johannesburg in cost of living. just like Lagos & Abuja.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by PAINGAIN: 4:09pm On May 12, 2015
rightflank:

Now, is that 12,000 Rands, right? And is it a weekly or monthly pay?
its a monthly pay. It also depends on where she stopped in her studies bcus my friend's wife has been offered 22,000 a month after tax. She's doing her fourth year now which she'll finish in november.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by PAINGAIN: 4:12pm On May 12, 2015
holysina:

where r u staying in joburg bcus I still buy food for 30 rand here.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 4:13pm On May 12, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
Bedford View is an affluent suburb north of Joburg. Lot's of malls. Business etc
i really appreciate u and other nigerian who has helped alot i see ur responses are true and perfect.

4 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 4:17pm On May 12, 2015
PAINGAIN:
dude If u read my first comment u would see where I wrote that hillbrow is not as clean as it should be. Have u seen brazilian slums, haiti slums? Those r slums. Just bcus hillbrow has a unclean streets does not make it a slum. I repeat again, if u call hillbrow a slum what do u call alexandra? If u've actually been to a slum u will realise that hillbrow is paradise.
Alexandra, diepsloot are slums,\informal settlements Thembisa, Katlegong, Soweto, Gugulethu, Mamelodi etc arte townships

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 4:18pm On May 12, 2015
ucheokpara100:
i really appreciate u and other nigerian who has helped alot i see ur responses are true and perfect.
Don't mention it broer
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by wolex3030: 5:06pm On May 12, 2015
uche am happy dat ur business has been expanded,operating in Ghana bar now is a big development cos i remember how big Ghana bar is. I hope to come soon, ve been sending chat to u since i got to Nigeria 2ru watapp wit the number u gave bt it doesnt deliver.what abt dat ur friend hope is fine.I had a lovely stay ova there and its always interesting any time i remember. i confidently tell people in Nigeria dat SA is a lovely environment to stay if one ve something doing (legit),my friends including u are doing well ova there which i can testify to. I use to tell people here dat xenophobic or nt,it doesn't mean SA is a deadly place to stay,it all depend on the area u are staying,just like wen u are living in the north as a southern in Nigeria u kn how dangerous it is.The problem wit South African citizens is dat they are not good in doing business,people said they are lazy bt i think is wrong to generalise.My observation abt them is dat they depend lagerly on the govt.80 to 90 percent of the small scale business in SA in own and run by foreigners. SA is a well organise country apart from the problem of job opportunity bt u will enjoy living there if u ve something meaningfully and legit doing. as for me i will live in SA than to live the middle east.

5 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 5:35pm On May 12, 2015
wolex3030:
uche am happy dat ur business has been expanded,operating in Ghana bar now is a big development cos i remember how big Ghana bar is. I hope to come soon, ve been sending chat to u since i got to Nigeria 2ru watapp wit the number u gave bt it doesnt deliver.what abt dat ur friend hope is fine.I had a lovely stay ova there and its always interesting any time i remember. i confidently tell people in Nigeria dat SA is a lovely environment to stay if one ve something doing (legit),my friends including u are doing well ova there which i can testify to. I use to tell people here dat xenophobic or nt,it doesn't mean SA is a deadly place to stay,it all depend on the area u are staying,just like wen u are living in the north as a southern in Nigeria u kn how dangerous it is.The problem wit South African citizens is dat they are not good in doing business,people said they are lazy bt i think is wrong to generalise.My observation abt them is dat they depend lagerly on the govt.80 to 90 percent of the small scale business in SA in own and run by foreigners. SA is a well organise country apart from the problem of job opportunity bt u will enjoy living there if u ve something meaningfully and legit doing. as for me i will live in SA than to live the middle east.
good analysis man thtz the truth, abt that phone one of my staff duplicated my key went into my room carried my laptop, phone cash etc let me giv u my new number we 'll talk the rest on whatsapp. number removed.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by PAINGAIN: 5:36pm On May 12, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
Alexandra, diepsloot are slums,\informal settlements Thembisa, Katlegong, Soweto, Gugulethu, Mamelodi etc arte townships
call a spade a spade not a gardening tool. Soweto is developed,its not a slum. Now can u compare hillbrow to alexandra?

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 12, 2015
I ve bin 2 oda countries no matter how perfect dey are nig. z still d best 4 me.my grandma will always say God dint make a mistake by dropping u in dis country and not elsewhere. I will contribute my little quota to make naija lyk dose oda countries.last month our road was paved by d CDA and i was so proud of dem d@ z 1 less bad road in naija.......I will b a good Nigerian ambassador and not fly 2 1 fuvking country where I know i will always be a stranger........patriotic Nigerian

8 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by samtol4(m): 5:59pm On May 12, 2015
gboly3190:

Thanks, can I do the application from Nigeria or I av to travel to SA
from Nigeria
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by REMMEI(m): 6:06pm On May 12, 2015
PAINGAIN:
lol. No shaking but make ur own no b like Airforce1's never ready album.

Lolz... my own no fit be like airforce1 o.. me I no do album na singles I wan come do..
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 6:07pm On May 12, 2015
PAINGAIN:
call a spade a spade not a gardening tool. Soweto is developed,its not a slum. Now can u compare hillbrow to alexandra?
yeah, I actually can, Alexandra is just a worse slum, but as they say one man's poison is another man's...
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by REMMEI(m): 6:09pm On May 12, 2015
ddami:
I ve bin 2 oda countries no matter how perfect dey are nig. z still d best 4 me.my grandma will always say God dint make a mistake by dropping u in dis country and not elsewhere. I will contribute my little quota to make naija lyk dose oda countries.last month our road was paved by d CDA and i was so proud of dem d@ z 1 less bad road in naija.......I will b a good Nigerian ambassador and not fly 2 1 fuvking country where I know i will always be a stranger........patriotic Nigerian

Good you.. keep up it..

No matter where we go we no fit forget area..
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by zeenhle: 7:33pm On May 12, 2015
ucheokpara100:
personally i 've seen alot of them tell me they love us because of our manly and the size etc they are alwys available for sex but then when i was suffering and smelling none of them came to me thtz y iam suspecting they are comin now because of my money. so i believe they love us for money cos their men cant giv then kobo. thatz d reality.

speaking from experience this is very true, foreign men here are generous. Lol i wont comment on da size hehe!
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 10:37pm On May 12, 2015
zeenhle:

speaking from experience this is very true, foreign men here are generous. Lol i wont comment on da size hehe!
lol............ yeaaaa they always tell us we are coming because of the size but when we dont have money their will be issues

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.