Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,093 members, 7,807,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Nigerian Writers Wanted - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigerian Writers Wanted (1667 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Writers Of All Time. / The Fate Of Nigerian Writers / How Many New Nigerian Writers Have You Read? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Writers Wanted by Cirillo: 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2009
Dear Listmates!

I introduce myself: My name is Cirillo Glauco Pavarani. I am an Italian translator, editor and writer based in Milano. I think I am a little bit of a talent scout and I would like young writers to send me sample of their writings (short stories, essays, novels) for my evaluation and possible translations into Italian.

I look forward to reading your replies!

Thanks,
Cirillo
Re: Nigerian Writers Wanted by const6(m): 3:00pm On Feb 09, 2009
@poster,

This is a good idea if is genuine.

There are a lot of untapped talent in Nigeria but most do not know the basics of presenting their work to an International Editor.

Drop your email or other form of contact (how do you expect to get the samples?)

Const
Re: Nigerian Writers Wanted by Seun(m): 2:23pm On Feb 10, 2009
I've taken the liberty of posting your advert on Nairalist, our sister site, under Nigerian Writers Wanted.
Re: Nigerian Writers Wanted by nwadinma(f): 2:19pm On Feb 14, 2009
yeah this is good but how do i reach u when u did not leave a contact add?
Re: Nigerian Writers Wanted by Seun(m): 2:49pm On Feb 14, 2009
His contact address is on this page.
Re: Nigerian Writers Wanted by djcrooky(m): 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2009
where?
Re: Nigerian Writers Wanted by Seun(m): 11:33pm On Feb 21, 2009
glauco at pavaranitranslations dot com
Re: Nigerian Writers Wanted by shafiyah: 10:02am On Mar 05, 2009
i have an interesting story send your mail to www.omolade.shafiyah@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Writers Wanted by nwadinma(f): 6:07am On Mar 11, 2009
has anye sent a story to glauco already?
just being curious.
Re: Nigerian Writers Wanted by CrazyMan(m): 7:14pm On Mar 12, 2009
I don't trust that guy
Re: Nigerian Writers Wanted by vincentbab(m): 12:30pm On Mar 13, 2009
this sounds funny, i guess you know that nigerians are wiser now, if this is genuine i like to be a part of it. i'm a poet and also a reporter with a nigerian newspaper. my number is 08032381877
Re: Nigerian Writers Wanted by JJYOU: 12:35pm On Mar 13, 2009
talent scout indeed. how does mama iyabo story interest your italio audience?
Re: Nigerian Writers Wanted by MadMax1(f): 2:19pm On Mar 13, 2009
Cirillo:

Dear Listmates!
I introduce myself: My name is Cirillo Glauco Pavarani. I am an Italian translator, editor and writer based in Milano. I think I am a little bit of a talent scout and I would like young writers to send me sample of their writings (short stories, essays, novels) for my evaluation and possible translations into Italian.I look forward to reading your replies!
Thanks,Cirillo

You want young writers to send you their stories for 'evaluation' and 'possible translation into Italian.' AND THEN WHAT?
What will you do with their writing when it's 'translated'?If you're an editor, you must have a publishing house you commission books for,right? Which is it? If you're a freelance editor, is a book publishing house backing the project?Is it an anthology of 'Nigerian' writing? What about payment for their work?You want 'young' people to send you their novels and essays, and all you say is you'll translate it. Don't come here looking to take advantage of anyone,buster.
Re: Nigerian Writers Wanted by ofala(m): 8:47pm On Mar 13, 2009
Hey Ci,

I have an epic novel ready to go to press,but dont you think it will be a little bit hasty for someone who took years to come up with a write he knows very well can go veryu far and you just come in here and ask that we should submit.
I strongly want to believe that you meant good but there is a better way you should have placed your leads.Ask for geniune authors, or poets[i am a poet too] and them quitely chip in your reasons, by then you may have established some credibility with few people.
Anyway, thanks for your write,lets see how it goes.i had e-mailed you.
Waiting for your reply so that i will know what next my action will be.
Cheers and God bless

(1) (Reply)

Omonike : From Rape To Love / Spot The Figure Of Speech / Iron Sanctuary (V3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.