Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,878 members, 7,806,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! (60222 Views)

Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List / PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! / Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by Twaci(f): 11:32am On May 12, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

grincheesy But as I wake up this morning, I no come see the babe again... e no even drop good morning talk more of breakfast
*yawns*

Morning sweedy! cheesy what's up for breakfast? I am starving!
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by mmsen: 11:33am On May 12, 2015
EzioAuditore:

But in a good number of such cases of "senseless violence", the culprits do get punished do they not? Like I said, corruption is not measured by frequency of crime but by the efficiency or rather inefficiency of the justice system to pass proper judemegnt.

You think police in Brasil are incorruptible?

Lols.

There are extra-judicial killings everyday.

How do you think drug dealers are free to operate in Brasil?
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by Nobody: 11:45am On May 12, 2015
mmsen:

You think police in Brasil are incorruptible?

Lols.

There are extra-judicial killings everyday.

How do you think drug dealers are free to operate in Brasil?

Bloody friggin hell it's like reasoning with a wee ankle biter! Did I say the cops are incorruptible? There's no single country in this world where you won't find corruption! But again my point is Nigeria is a special case. Ours is out of hand! Corruption here is a culture! Giver it a rest mate, you can't win here.
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by saintaustine(m): 11:45am On May 12, 2015
I sense partiality, the list is incorrect. Nigeria ought to be on it.
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by saintaustine(m): 11:46am On May 12, 2015
I sense partiality, the list is incorrect. Nigeria ought to be on it. At least Number Two.
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by mmsen: 11:48am On May 12, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Bloody friggin hell it's like reasoning with a wee ankle biter! Did I say the cops are incorruptible? There's no single country in this world where you won't find corruption! But again my point is Nigeria is a special case. Ours is out of hand! Corruption here is a culture! Giver it a rest mate, you can't win here.

I mentioned the police in Brasil because they are the first rung in a corrupt judicial system. Money buys influence, that is a universal trait. Money also buys or protects one from justice, again that is universal. Prosecutors and judges in Brasil are also known to be corrupt, it is only when the media puts pressure on them that you might see some action, even then it is still unlikely that justice will be done.

Ask Russians, Ukrainians, Brazilians, Colombians, Mexicans, Kenyans, Chinese, Italians, Indians, Thais or any number of nationalities and they will say the exact same thing that you just said - that corruption is part of their culture.

You have no sense of perspective, you keep displaying that.

It is okay to say that you hate Nigeria but let's not act that Nigeria's issues are unique or even that they are worse than elsewhere - there is no evidence of either.
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by atlwireles: 11:50am On May 12, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

E dey pain you bro gringringringringrin ...I must beat you to shape here...gringrin...let me check if I am following you sef so that I will have you under my a..s always cheesy e-billionaire aka church rat alias Babaonechancebingo tongue

Nicely done grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by saintaustine(m): 11:54am On May 12, 2015
EzioAuditore:
If Nigeria is not on the list then we are not talking about corruption, Nigeria and corruption figuratively mean the same thing. Obviously this is just a list of countries that do not feel obliged to lick the wests arse.
Let Just Face The Fact, You Are Absolutely Correct. There is No Clear Difference Between Nigeria And Corruption.
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:58am On May 12, 2015
Twaci:
*yawns*

Morning sweedy! cheesy what's up for breakfast? I am starving!

@11:54am...I will allow it slide...let's wait for lunch...BTW why would you come to bed to sleep wearing swimming pants with jean shottongue Was that what francizy and softsparky thought you?cheesy
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by Twaci(f): 12:01pm On May 12, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

@11:54am...I will allow it slide...let's wait for lunch...BTW why would you come to bed to sleep wearing swimming pants with jean shottongue Was that what francizy and softsparky thought you?cheesy
They told me you would like it...

But if u don't, I can...
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by joseph1832(m): 12:12pm On May 12, 2015
barcanista:
All credit to Goodluck Jonathan's proactive anticorruption strategy.
Where people who steal billions walk free and are given presidential pardon right?.

I hail you bro! Your sense is just too much!!!.
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 12, 2015
mmsen:

I mentioned the police in Brasil because they are the first rung in a corrupt judicial system. Money buys influence, that is a universal trait. Money also buys or protects one from justice, again that is universal. Prosecutors and judges in Brasil are also known to be corrupt, it is only when the media puts pressure on them that you might see some action, even then it is still unlikely that justice will be done.

Ask Russians, Ukrainians, Brazilians, Colombians, Mexicans, Kenyans, Chinese, Italians, Indians, Thais or any number of nationalities and they will say the exact same thing that you just said - that corruption is part of their culture.

You have no sense of perspective, you keep displaying that.

It is okay to say that you hate Nigeria but let's not act that Nigeria's issues are unique or even that they are worse than elsewhere - there is no evidence of either.

You keep employing the rope a dope. Trust me, all those countries you mentioned have better accountabilty than Nigeria, except maybe thailand. And you mentioning russia just proves that you're gullible enough to fall for the fallacy that every country that doesn't worship the US of A or the UN is corrupt. How is Russia more corrupt than America or the UK in such a way that its worth singling out? You are just completely clueless aren't you? I dare you to try shop lifting in any one of those countries you mentioned. How old are you any way?
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by vega84(m): 12:40pm On May 12, 2015
If Nigeria is nt there then forget it! #nd again I wonder wat Libya is doing there? #vegatalks
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by situationroom: 1:35pm On May 12, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

1)I hold patriotism far above partisanship unlike you who do sheepish followership...

2)If Nigeria owes is not bad if the usage is for something purposeful...

3)Greater percentage of this your N18trillion is owed by corrupt APC government of Lagos, Osun, Imo, Ogun, Oyo, Nasarawa etc...where a kilometer of road is awarded to mostly Tinubu company at ridiculous 1 Billion naira...so stop being mischievous by lumping the debts together under the title Nigeria debts...separate them, let's see the who the thieves are and those who used theirs judiciously...

4)PDP isn't soliciting for your sympathy especially knowing that its a product of bigotry and blackmail...

5)Transparency International and all reputable, verifiable cum recognized agencies has graded Nigeria positively under Jonathan in terms of corruption except for APC and her hatred ridden minions...so why should I listen to you

5)Jonathan opened his books through FOI for all to see...I challenge you to write an article challenging your fellow APC led governments to open their books through same FOI if they aren't corrupt and dirty....

6)Compare any current PDP governor with his APC counterpart in terms of amount appropriated and amount looted...let's see who are the ones destroying Nigeria....

7)You are no patriot but a partisan bigoted hypocrite....

coolI wish Nigeria well irrespective of who's president unlike you who's allegiance defined or is a product of bigotry and ethno-religious sentiments...

9)APC represents a park load of Nigeria's problem in terms of corruption and inept leadership from 1978 till date...fact###

10)Even Abacha's looting machinery has been cornered as governors under APC and they chant change...Who's bagudu to Nigeria?...

Your hatred, hypocrisy, sadistic lifestyle, bigotry will lead you to an unfortunate end if you don't do some sober reflection now and retrace your steps....

guy y u wan Bleep up passingshot na......the guy is a foster child whose only form of social life is naira land....its seriously not fair.....mbok Ku unam aba sosongo
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:48pm On May 12, 2015
situationroom:

guy y u wan Bleep up passingshot na......the guy is a foster child whose only form of social life is naira land....its seriously not fair.....mbok Ku unam aba sosongo

gringringringringrin...bro, I am doing my thing ooo...best wishes boss
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by francizy(m): 2:04pm On May 12, 2015
Twaci:
They told me you would like it...

But if u don't, I can...

No mind my friend, he was born in late 50s, I travelled with a time machine into the 80s, so he opted to travel back with me to 2015.. grin

Even if he tell you to dey tie wrapper, no laugh am, na 60s life e dey live.. cheesy

Whynotthetruth abi I lie? tongue
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by martin98(m): 2:08pm On May 12, 2015
PassingShot:

And by the time OBJ left in 2007, Nigeria ranking improved to 7th or 8th. So, between 2007 and 2015, we are still "managing to compare ourselves with all those failed states!
Nigeria is currently 39th on the corruption ranking.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by Twaci(f): 2:12pm On May 12, 2015
francizy:

No mind my friend, he was born in late 50s, I travelled with a time machine into the 80s, so he opted to travel back with me to 2015.. grin

Even if he tell you to dey tie wrapper, no laugh am, na 60s life e dey live.. cheesy

Whynotthetruth abi I lie? tongue
Help me tell am oh! How's ur day going?
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by francizy(m): 2:18pm On May 12, 2015
Twaci:
Help me tell am oh! How's ur day going?

Fine.. How is you and the campaign going? Hope you are winning it tho..? wink

Don't forget to maintain friendship with my pal after winning.. He needs a cool Nairaland babe to always gist with and as a cool dude, I feel he will make a good pal to you..

Forget Kinglekan for now... grin
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by Twaci(f): 2:25pm On May 12, 2015
francizy:

Fine.. How is you and the campaign going? Hope you are winning it tho..? wink

Don't forget to maintain friendship with my pal after winning.. He needs a cool Nairaland babe to always gist with and as a cool dude, I feel he will make a good pal to you..

Forget Kinglekan for now... grin
Sure thing dear, that includes u too tongue

As for kinglekan, nahhhhh! He is ma sweedy grin
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by francizy(m): 2:31pm On May 12, 2015
Twaci:

It will be easy to deal with him.. Na to just go him house go threaten am small and he go free you for WNTT... grin

Lekan, you must loose yah babe for my hand... Heheheheheheh wink cheesy
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by Mbkite(m): 3:41pm On May 12, 2015
saintaustine:
I sense partiality, the list is incorrect. Nigeria ought to be on it. At least Number Two.

Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by ocelot2006(m): 3:42pm On May 12, 2015
Bimpe29:
I stand to be corrected if you feel my opinion on this is wrong. The list isn't objectively ranked without Nigeria in the top ten.

Then i suggest you view TI Corruption Perception Index for 2014.
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by ocelot2006(m): 3:52pm On May 12, 2015
To all the so-called Buharirists & airheads here screaming that Nigeria ought to be on the list, lets get one thing straight: NO ONE is saying that the country is corruption free as we still have a long way to go. BUT this great nation has made reasonable progress in the fight against this problem, particularky under the GEJ administration. Thats why you TWATS, a.b.o.k.i Self-Service.E.R.S and nitwits ought to go through the 2014 TRANSPARENCY INTERNATIONAL CORRUPTION PERCEPTION INDEX realeased on December last year. Hopefully it will get to shut you airheads up once and for all, and do pray that your saviour GMB at least exceeds that score.
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by alphalpha(m): 4:02pm On May 12, 2015
This doesnt seem like the 10 most corrupt countries..,,... more like the 10most stagnant economies/failed governments
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by kinglekan: 4:39pm On May 12, 2015
Twaci:
wink smiley
Francizy all ya gimmicks nor go wrk o. cheesy
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by francizy(m): 4:41pm On May 12, 2015
kinglekan:

wink smiley

Francizy all ya gimmicks nor go wrk o. cheesy

Hahahaha, she must marry my guy.. tongue

Go for Tohp... tongue
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by kinglekan: 5:39pm On May 12, 2015
francizy:

Hahahaha, she must marry my guy.. tongue
Go for Tohp... tongue
cheesy I for like carry the two sef. wink
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by francizy(m): 5:40pm On May 12, 2015
kinglekan:

cheesy I for like carry the two sef. wink

Hehehehe, Oliver Twist! tongue
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by temeem: 6:19pm On May 12, 2015
The scale used is obviously not sophisticated enough to read the level of corruption in Nigeria
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by kinglekan: 6:25pm On May 12, 2015
francizy:

Hehehehe, Oliver Twist! tongue
My own worse I swear!! Hehehe
Re: The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! by kayalla(f): 8:18pm On May 12, 2015
so now the don succeed to comot us from corruption list?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Michelle Obama And Melania Trump Pose Together Ahead Of Trump's Inauguration / Political Cartoons From A Conservative Perspective / Photos Of Bride Sued By Husband For Not Being Pretty Enough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.