Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,196 members, 7,807,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. (48734 Views)

Should she forgive him after doing 'this' to her? / What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? / Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by KanwuliaJara: 1:54am On May 12, 2015
All of them like wahala sha!
Too much baggage to go around I swia!
I really do not understand why women with UNRESOLVED issues choose to get married, instead of joining convents!
Do they expect the men to play LIFE-THERAPISTS? undecided

1 Like

Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by RaeMystix: 2:01am On May 12, 2015
The difference BTW that of the boys and her husband was due to the fact that she didn't only get married to him, but he betrayed the trust that she had for him.
THERE IS NOTHING WORSE THAN HAVING YOUR LOVED ONE HURT YOU#.

4 Likes

Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by lastpage: 2:05am On May 12, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
All of them like wahala sha!
Too much baggage to go around I swia!
I really do not understand why women with UNRESOLVED issues choose to get married, instead of joining convents!
Do they expect the men to play LIFE-THERAPISTS? undecided

Well you are called a "winner", if you SUCCESFULLY TRIED to have your cake, just after "eating" the same cake!

Its possible though very difficult but the annoying part is when you blame someone else, when you fail in the effort! undecided

Lastpage!

BTW: I noticed that ALL women commentators somehow "deliberately" missed the part where the man though having "low sperm count" is NOT responsible for the barrenness of the marriage[b] rather it has to be the woman[/b], ......afterall, the guy has PROVED his fertility beyond doubt!
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by nkem123(m): 2:25am On May 12, 2015
that is to tel u hw heartless and ungrateful naija woman are.I am true naija bt dnt really think I can marry a naija woman.
heartless bitches.insults are welcomed bt I owe no apology towards my submission
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by abbey621(m): 2:52am On May 12, 2015
If the story is true and the husband did all he could to impregnate his wife, was told they both have a medical condition and upon further investigation impregnated another girl then that is what I call God working in mysterious ways! Was his action immoral? Absolutely! Was it unethical? Absolutely! If the opportunity presented itself again should he go for it? Hell yeah! As for the woman ending the relationship, all I can say is deuces, I can't fault her for leaving, it's probably for the best. My suggestion for her is to try it with another man and see if she gets pregnant, sometimes no matter how much two people try, they just aren't meant to be together!

1 Like

Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by KanwuliaJara: 2:55am On May 12, 2015
[/b]
lastpage:

Well you are called a "winner", if you SUCCESFULLY TRIED to have your cake, just after "eating" the same cake!

Its possible though very difficult but the annoying part is when you blame someone else, [b]when you fail in the effort!
undecided

Lastpage!

BTW: I noticed that ALL women commentators somehow "deliberately" missed the part where the man though having "low sperm count" is NOT responsible for the barrenness of the marriage[b] rather it has to be the woman[/b], ......afterall, the guy has PROVED his fertility beyond doubt!

And your point is? undecided
Who says the woman can still not get pregnant?
Women have deliberately avoided the part because they UNDERSTAND that a diagnosis of LSC is not 100% INFERTILITY!
What part of that did YOU miss? undecided

The double whammy is that both have unhealthy reproductive health, which makes it harder for both as a team. . . . But not IMPOSSIBLE!
I am more concerned with the psychiatric fragility of the female partner.
I don't think she is mentally-stable ENOUGH to be in a marriage.

Yes, you are right! Someone else has to take the blame when the mentally-unstable patient FAILS to achieve HIS OR HER GOALS!
When all is well, they seldom complain!

Funny indeed. kiss
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by Nobody: 2:58am On May 12, 2015
suggyspic:
They meet 9yrs ago through a friend while he was developing his property. Initially he wanted a fling with her but as the relationship progressed, he saw the gentle and unique person in her. she confided in him how she was raped by 3 boys in the community and how her family could not follow up the case at the station because they were poor. The police was demanding so much from her poor parents to prosecute the boys. The families of the boys threatened to deal with her family if they are jailed. Her family been strangers had no choice but to close the case at the station. she forgive the boys and left it to God to judge.

Nonso listened as glory amidst tear was narrating her past. He promise not to ever hurt her, while the relationship lasted. One thing lead to the other and eventually Nonso married glory in 2009 when she was 3months pregnant. The marriage was the talk of the town as the community (were she was raped) never believed she would ever get married. Nonso and glory lived within the same community.

Five years in the marriage she could not get pregnant again after she lost her initial pregnancy. Nonso became a laughing stock from his friends who knows her story and advise him not to marry her. He tried all he could medically for her to get pregnant but non was forth coming. The lab result reveal he had low sperm count while his wife had some infection and hormonal imbalance. Nonso did not believe the lab test. He went out and cheated on his wife. The lady (outside) got pregnant and told Nonso. Nonso did not believe her, but told her to abort the baby if it was true. The lady informed Nonso's sister, who advise her to keep the baby that she would take care of her and the baby.

She gave birth in January this year. (beautiful baby girl) and Nonso learnt about it in March. Nonso could not believe the conspiracy, he accuse his sister of deliberately trying to brake his home, he vowed not to have anything to do with the lady and his child. Nonso's wife heard about it (God knows who told her), she confronted Nonso who did not deny or accept but told her the hold truth. Rather than stand by her husband, she dropped her wedding ring and parked out of the house.

I have deliberately changed names to cover identity. Please advise.
Is nonso under a spell?
would you advise the lady to abort the girl considering the yrs of searching for a child?
Now that the child is born, is nonso action still logical?
if you are the wife, would you end your marriage?
is there a way out? No insult Please, the deed has been done.

a girl that was raped is not suppose to live in the same area she was raped. She suppose to live very far from the ugly shadow and date or marry a man from afar.

1 Like

Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by Nobody: 4:52am On May 12, 2015
A woman who has been raped has a low self esteem. I understand what she's passing through. She feels that her husband has joined the world to make mockery of her, but that he rejected the baby shows how sorry he is. She should forgive. I hope she hasn't gone to take suicide, let them look for her.
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by Bsc(m): 5:05am On May 12, 2015
Go and call back ur wife, reconcile with her if u love her...what if she didn't tell u she was raped ? On what base would u have judge her now? She forgived her rapist but cnt forgive her husband!!!! Huh , anoda issue will come up again in the family......u talk again...u forgived ur rapist but cnt forgive our maid!!! Is she the only wife today that was raped? Some were even prostitute, honestly I dnt like...no wonder some woman wnt say the truth about their past.. Dnt want to hear this again...d girl am dating was raped @ 12 in lagos... Full stop

2 Likes

Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by samtechcomm: 5:07am On May 12, 2015
Do u know u can get affordable data from p.tech communications! It works on all devices
mtn
1gb @800
2gb @ 1500
Etisalat,airtel, glo
500mb @ 500
1gb @800
2gb @ 1500
All Valid 4 30days
Call Chris on 08109910475
BBM 55BD07F3 . Larger sizes available.
Plz rebroadcast
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by Chibaby87(f): 5:13am On May 12, 2015
The deal has been done, she would have to take care of the baby and mother cos God may bless her with the fruit of womb for doing so and children attract children.
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by visapayless: 5:46am On May 12, 2015
pls forgive him

Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by optional123: 5:53am On May 12, 2015
buy data

Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by Nobody: 6:05am On May 12, 2015
am curious there's no correlation between the story and her rape issue, other than to paint her character different undecided .

3 Likes

Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by obiak4(m): 6:12am On May 12, 2015
suggyspic:

I can give you her Phone number if it would make u believe that not every story is like saharareporters story.
not again saharareporter you mean those people can lie for NIGERIA EEEEEEEEH
NONSO WAS WRONG SO ALSO WAS THE LADY,THEY SHOULD JUST FORGIVE EACH OTHER AND MOVE ON
TO MARRY BECAUSE OF PITY PUT YOU INTO MORE PITYABLE SITUATION LATER
FLY WEY NO GET TAIL NA GOD DE PURSUE COW FOR AM
LADY JUST ACCEPT AND ALSO PRAY TO JAH TO HAVE CHILDREN
2chillings contribution
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by obiak4(m): 6:15am On May 12, 2015
Notyourb1tch:
Am so sick and tired of all these c.o..ck and bull stories
spreading my mat waiting for you true life story it better be interesting
IF NOT!!!!!!!!!!
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by 5minsmadness: 6:22am On May 12, 2015
lastpage:

Good Post.... but l have a few "issues" to raise.

1.) You said "that child" should not be brought into the house! Except "madam" permits, ......which is like asking Jesus to marry devil! grin grin

Questions:
*Was it the child's fault to be born by a married man called Nonso? NO.
* Does that child not have a right, l mean 100% right to be in HIS FATHER"S HOUSE? YES!
* Do we realize that just as Glory (wife) has a right in her husband's house, so does that Child has right in his Father's (Nonso) house? TRUE!!
*Are we aware that the law has abolished the word "illegal / Bastard" Child? TRUE!
A child, simply because he was born out of wedlock, is still no less than any other child born within wedlock!
*Do you know that such Child does not need anyone's permission, to "be with" ...and to enjoy the "full care and presence" of his Father (Nonso)? TRUE
*Should the Child be PUNISHED for the indiscretion of his father? NO
*Is it right to suffer that innocent child, from that early age, for the transgression of an adult(s)? NOT RIGHT

As for the Nonso and his wife, there are "moral" issues to be raised but they are just "moral" ....and not legal, therefore not binding!
*Does Nonso not have a right to fuflil his marital desires of having children?
*If one spouse is barren/infertile and incapable of having children, does that mean the other spouse MUST suffer the same fate, through no fault of theirs?
*Since Nonso was able to withstand all the insults, pressures and shame of marrying an "ex-victim" in a community that views such with dishonor, do we not think Glory (wife) should have shown the same level of "solidarity" with Nonso, whe he also mis-step?
*Should Glory not even be happy that finally, their lineage will not be "cut-off" permanently, as her husband now has a heir? But l guess like all women, pettiness, jealousy and spite would set-in once their initial problem is over, just ;like Sarah in the Bible made a U-turn about haggai her maid which she "recommended" to Abraham, when she was childless only to wickedly mock and thrash her once she had her own son!
Women sha! angry shocked

What is good for the Geese, should be good enough for the Gander

Finally, if l were Nonso, l will simply say good riddance to bad rubbish! I will legally divorce the Glory and marry the lady that bore thee child for me.
That way, we would be able to give that Child (and probably other siblings of his that may come later), the deserved love of BOTH parents that they deserve.
Glory can go and marry one of her rapist! undecided Who be the loser?

Wisdom is for the wise but the foolish one with its own hand, destroys her home.

Lastpage!

grin

I was surprised to come and see the number of people quoting my post and praising me for "encouraging" the wife to pack out!

A man who took a woman back to the home of her disgrace (if indeed the rape story was true) and married her there with pomp and pageantry is a man of honour in my book!
So he slipped when the issue of infertility reared it's ugly head, he is not a god, he is not perfect. It was not enough reason for madam to pack out, and like u said IT IS HER LOSS!

The paragraph of her packing of was meant to be dripping sarcasm! I was amazed most people didn't catch that grin but then again I'm tired of explaining every post on nairaland. Those who have wisdom will decipher while others can remain in thier folly!

I disagree with you on one point though.

Nonso 's child is an illegal immigrant! He may have gotten his green card but that doesn't mean he didn't enter the country illegally grin Since he is the son of both the father and the mother he has no right to enter the communion between nonso and his wife. That would be classless, insensitive and wrong. Some women will poison the child since u want to force him on her. Haba, would u agree for your sister to be treated same way in her own home? No! The law can wrangle whatever they want but the boy remains with the mother unless nonso's wife accepts him into the union between nonso and her, period!

I have so many mentions but decided to answer this one. Other folks can draw thier analogy from her pls.
Cc suggyspic

\Last page! grin
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by cococandy(f): 6:24am On May 12, 2015
pcguru1:
[size=18pt]am curious there's no correlation between the story and her rape issue, other than to paint her character different undecided [/size] .

1 Like

Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by obiak4(m): 6:25am On May 12, 2015
Lanadelrey:
This story doesn't ring true. But if it is, the lady in question has the right to decide not to forgive her husband's infidelity and leave the marriage afterall marriage is the union of 2, even the bible in corinthians says divorce is wrong except for the sin of adultery. So before god and man she is allowed to decide if she can forgive this and as it seems she can't, she's allowed to move on with her life. And to the person who said she should be lucky a man married her after being a victim of rape, you're absolutely vile and disgusting for that statement. This woman has been through a traumatic experience already and knowing this country she didn't get any counseling or psychological rehabilitation after the incident and from what you say she didn't get justice either, she worked through this entirely on her own strength and willpower and knowing the stigmatization in Nigeria she must have endured her fair share of mockery but she decided to be strong and she got married in hopes of a happy life full of love with her real life Prince Charming, since this man can't be that for her, she should leave and go find happiness alone or with someone else. The man is an absolute douchebag and the only spell he's under is that of his utter selfishness. You find a broken person trying to heal, make them love and trust you, then break them even further. Humans are poison!!!
so venomous!!!!!! your own worst pass poison ooooo
what you said were partly correct till the last statement "humans are poison"
opinions differs so also those reasoning differs we just have a draw a line
to whom brain is given sence is expected lolz
don't JUDGE someone because they SIN DIFFERENTLY THAN YOU
FINDING HAPPINESS START WITH YOU AS A PERSON IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR SELF NOT EVEN MARRIAGE/WHATSOEVER WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by ibkgab001: 6:30am On May 12, 2015
Correct a man who married her .. Not who marriage her
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by Niceqer01: 6:35am On May 12, 2015
BBM-PIN:3.3.4.C.A.3.A.8
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by Homguy(m): 6:38am On May 12, 2015
They a particular reason she might have forgiven them was because her parents had no way of bringing her offenders to book. However, her reaction to her husband maybe due to her initial rape, most sexually abused women are very unstable. Its possible that during the normal couple misunderstandings that the husband may have threatened to take another wife but only inadvertently got another woman pregnant, and she saw it a a deliberate act. He was also a source of hope to her, more like her defender, so going to have another woman was like open betrayal. These IMO are reasons why she probably couldn't forgive her husband.

However, low sperm count, and an infection por hormonal imbalance are very easily treatable by good medical practitioner. Are they so poor? Further, there is a slight chance that a brutal rape may alter a woman child bearing capability , but its very slim. Very slim as only infections and hormonal imbalances were pointed out.

Last shot: this story seems quite fictional, but if its real, considering the mans stance I would have urge her to forgive him.
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by danduchi(m): 6:38am On May 12, 2015
Yes the deed has been done....its a risk anyway,if he loves the wife he will come begging her back (meaning she has high esteem to her). If she forgives him easily,I bet you Nonso will go trying to get baby number 2 a male child
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by fyneboi79(m): 6:40am On May 12, 2015
suggyspic:
They meet 9yrs ago through a friend while he was developing his property. Initially he wanted a fling with her but as the relationship progressed, he saw the gentle and unique person in her. she confided in him how she was raped by 3 boys in the community and how her family could not follow up the case at the station because they were poor. The police was demanding so much from her poor parents to prosecute the boys. The families of the boys threatened to deal with her family if they are jailed. Her family been strangers had no choice but to close the case at the station. she forgive the boys and left it to God to judge.

Nonso listened as glory amidst tear was narrating her past. He promise not to ever hurt her, while the relationship lasted. One thing lead to the other and eventually Nonso married glory in 2009 when she was 3months pregnant. The marriage was the talk of the town as the community (were she was raped) never believed she would ever get married. Nonso and glory lived within the same community.

Five years in the marriage she could not get pregnant again after she lost her initial pregnancy. Nonso became a laughing stock from his friends who knows her story and advise him not to marry her. He tried all he could medically for her to get pregnant but non was forth coming. The lab result reveal he had low sperm count while his wife had some infection and hormonal imbalance. Nonso did not believe the lab test. He went out and cheated on his wife. The lady (outside) got pregnant and told Nonso. Nonso did not believe her, but told her to abort the baby if it was true. The lady informed Nonso's sister, who advise her to keep the baby that she would take care of her and the baby.

She gave birth in January this year. (beautiful baby girl) and Nonso learnt about it in March. Nonso could not believe the conspiracy, he accuse his sister of deliberately trying to brake his home, he vowed not to have anything to do with the lady and his child. Nonso's wife heard about it (God knows who told her), she confronted Nonso who did not deny or accept but told her the hold truth. Rather than stand by her husband, she dropped her wedding ring and parked out of the house.

Is nonso under a spell?
would you advise the lady to abort the girl considering the yrs of searching for a child?

She didn't forgive her rapists,she only let them go because her family could not obtain justice. As for her husband,he should continue to seek her forgiveness.

1 Like

Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by Niceqer01: 6:40am On May 12, 2015
BBM || :3.3.4.C.A.3.A.8
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by ogawisdom(m): 6:43am On May 12, 2015
suggyspic:

Is nonso under a spell?

Nairaland don turn nollywood ooo
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by Macpowers(m): 6:43am On May 12, 2015
So, would it have been better this couple stays childless than have some child who is in some way thiers? Guys, think about this issue considering the fact that time waits for no one. Would you for the sake of love rather stay childless than have a child? I would accept my mistake, seek the forgiveness of God and man and accept my child, s gift of God to continue my lineage.
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by optimismlaz(m): 6:53am On May 12, 2015
D woman reacted so fast, where went her love n tolerence,
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by shukuratbaby: 6:55am On May 12, 2015
AMAZING MTN DATA BUNDLE

ALREADY MADE SIM WITH DATA BUNDLE ALSO AVAILABLE
MTN ONLY

2GB - N1000

4G -N1800

CALL TUNDE: 08162637076, WHATSAPP NO: 08162637076 this advert applies to those staying in Ibadan alone
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by Ayietim(m): 6:55am On May 12, 2015
In trying times, let the tears pour down hard like torrential rain, in difficult times, cry a river, pour out tears that could fill a mighty ocean, but swim in your weakness in your unclothedness, behind closed doors, with nobody to witness. When you step out, hide the tears behind your eyes, light up the world with your warm smile, let the eyes that shed tears now show strength, the world is dominated by those who are resilient. (http://ayietim.)
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by blakky97(m): 7:03am On May 12, 2015
kaima1984:
if am d wife, I wunt leave my home for any reason,wat Nonso did ws annoying n betraying BT d deed has been done and forgiveness will b d right thing t do instead of leaving home
make e no gey pikin abi
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by babyfaceafrica: 7:08am On May 12, 2015
lastpage:

Good Post.... but l have a few "issues" to raise.

1.) You said "that child" should not be brought into the house! Except "madam" permits, ......which is like asking Jesus to marry devil! grin grin

Questions:
*Was it the child's fault to be born by a married man called Nonso? NO.
* Does that child not have a right, l mean 100% right to be in HIS FATHER"S HOUSE? YES!
* Do we realize that just as Glory (wife) has a right in her husband's house, so does that Child has right in his Father's (Nonso) house? TRUE!!
*Are we aware that the law has abolished the word "illegal / Bastard" Child? TRUE!
A child, simply because he was born out of wedlock, is still no less than any other child born within wedlock!
*Do you know that such Child does not need anyone's permission, to "be with" ...and to enjoy the "full care and presence" of his Father (Nonso)? TRUE
*Should the Child be PUNISHED for the indiscretion of his father? NO
*Is it right to suffer that innocent child, from that early age, for the transgression of an adult(s)? NOT RIGHT

As for the Nonso and his wife, there are "moral" issues to be raised but they are just "moral" ....and not legal, therefore not binding!
*Does Nonso not have a right to fuflil his marital desires of having children?
*If one spouse is barren/infertile and incapable of having children, does that mean the other spouse MUST suffer the same fate, through no fault of theirs?
*Since Nonso was able to withstand all the insults, pressures and shame of marrying an "ex-victim" in a community that views such with dishonor, do we not think Glory (wife) should have shown the same level of "solidarity" with Nonso, whe he also mis-step?
*Should Glory not even be happy that finally, their lineage will not be "cut-off" permanently, as her husband now has a heir? But l guess like all women, pettiness, jealousy and spite would set-in once their initial problem is over, just ;like Sarah in the Bible made a U-turn about haggai her maid which she "recommended" to Abraham, when she was childless only to wickedly mock and thrash her once she had her own son!
Women sha! angry shocked

What is good for the Geese, should be good enough for the Gander

Finally, if l were Nonso, l will simply say good riddance to bad rubbish! I will legally divorce the Glory and marry the lady that bore thee child for me.
That way, we would be able to give that Child (and probably other siblings of his that may come later), the deserved love of BOTH parents that they deserve.
Glory can go and marry one of her rapist! undecided Who be the loser?

Wisdom is for the wise but the foolish one with its own hand, destroys her home.

Lastpage!
please are you a lawyer? You have hit the nail on the head..3 bottles of origin for you...God bless u ministry..selah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What A Woman Can Do (photo) / I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help / Ebhohimen Innocent Lists His 2018 Achievements, To Inspire Others (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.